Camelia, the Perl 6 bug

IRC log for #bioperl, 2011-06-27

| Channels | #bioperl index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
03:39 svaksha joined #bioperl
06:32 darkx joined #bioperl
06:42 darkx left #bioperl
07:17 zenman_ joined #bioperl
11:12 carandraug joined #bioperl
12:29 svaksha left #bioperl
12:37 svaksha joined #bioperl
12:38 leprevost joined #bioperl
12:48 svaksha left #bioperl
13:06 svaksha joined #bioperl
14:15 ealeon left #bioperl
14:15 ealeon joined #bioperl
15:02 zenman_ left #bioperl
15:28 carandraug Hi! I've been using the EUtilities module. I got the UID of a gene and I want to find the accession of the transcripts and proteins related to it. I tried to use esummary (I assumed it was the right one) to get it but with no success. At the moment I extracting the sequence (contig) and parse it to get the transcript_id. How can I make it better and avoid it?
16:13 svaksha left #bioperl
16:23 svaksha joined #bioperl
16:58 dbolser carandraug: is there an id lookup ?
16:58 dbolser I find eutils painfull...
18:05 carandraug dbolser, what do you mean ID lookup? I can use other modules, no problems bit would like to avoid using LWP and parse the HTML (which has been recommended to me already)
18:08 carandraug I already have the ID's. I made a search with eutilities esearch, and then use esummary to get the the ChrAccver and start and end locations, and then use efetch to get them
19:41 carandraug left #bioperl
20:24 scottcain joined #bioperl
20:56 zenman_ joined #bioperl
21:12 zenman_ left #bioperl
21:17 leprevost left #bioperl
21:35 scottcain left #bioperl
21:40 scottcain joined #bioperl
22:01 scottcain left #bioperl
22:51 scottcain joined #bioperl
23:26 scottcain left #bioperl

| Channels | #bioperl index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary