Perl 6 - the future is here, just unevenly distributed

IRC log for #fuel, 2015-08-26

| Channels | #fuel index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
00:06 rmoe joined #fuel
00:14 asd112z joined #fuel
00:17 nurla joined #fuel
00:33 sergmelikyan joined #fuel
00:34 glavni_ninja joined #fuel
00:38 sergmelikyan joined #fuel
00:51 nurla joined #fuel
00:52 glavni_ninja joined #fuel
01:00 sergmelikyan joined #fuel
01:03 nurla joined #fuel
01:08 sergmelikyan joined #fuel
01:12 nurla joined #fuel
01:17 xarses joined #fuel
01:18 nurla joined #fuel
01:23 humble__ joined #fuel
01:50 xarses joined #fuel
01:52 xarses joined #fuel
02:06 nurla joined #fuel
02:14 skylerberg joined #fuel
02:20 xarses joined #fuel
02:52 hakimo joined #fuel
04:26 skylerberg joined #fuel
04:28 tzn joined #fuel
04:54 tzn joined #fuel
05:07 sergmelikyan joined #fuel
05:20 v1k0d3n joined #fuel
05:38 tzn joined #fuel
05:43 tzn joined #fuel
05:54 JS__ <@xarses> it is related to the public vip without any assignment. The ARP request went through, but the response do not pass p_br-floating-0. br-ex is the last instance where i can see the response.
06:03 xarses JS__: hrm, its plummed in some odd way, I think they pass through the hapr-p interface on the host and namespace
06:03 xarses but I'm not that good in that area
06:04 xarses alex_didenko: can you help or find someone who can?
06:34 mkwiek joined #fuel
06:45 Miouge joined #fuel
06:51 e0ne joined #fuel
06:53 monester joined #fuel
07:00 pbrooko joined #fuel
07:01 JS__ <@xarses> I run out of ideas how to debug that issue. The ARP tabel within the namespace has a lot of complete entries, but not the MAC of my default gateway. Maybe "br-ex" do not like this specific MAC from the Juniper router?!
07:06 hyperbaba joined #fuel
07:08 devvesa joined #fuel
07:21 v1k0d3n joined #fuel
07:21 stamak joined #fuel
07:39 tzn joined #fuel
08:06 neophy joined #fuel
08:22 Akshik joined #fuel
08:23 bazilza joined #fuel
08:24 Akshik joined #fuel
08:29 Akshik joined #fuel
08:34 [HeOS] joined #fuel
08:42 alex_didenko xarses: unfortunately I don't see full discussion.  JS__: could you please file a bug with detailed problem description?
08:44 stamak joined #fuel
08:48 JS__ <alex_didenko> sure! I'm rather new to fuel. So where do you want me to do the bug description?
08:49 alex_didenko here's the link https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+filebug
08:50 alex_didenko here you can find more info about bug reporting https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Fuel/How_to_contribute#Test_and_report_bugs
08:50 eliqiao left #fuel
08:51 cartik joined #fuel
08:54 monester joined #fuel
08:56 JS__ ok, thanks!
08:59 cartik joined #fuel
09:01 cartik joined #fuel
09:03 JS__ <alex_didenko> just to be sure: the way an arp response takes to hapr-p  is eth1 -> eth1.tag -> br-ex -> br-floating ->
09:03 JS__ in case eth1 is the public nic
09:07 alex_didenko JS__: what version of Fuel are you using?
09:08 JS__ 6.1
09:08 e0ne joined #fuel
09:09 tzn joined #fuel
09:14 alex_didenko hmm.. I'm not sure about 6.1. xenolog, are you around?
09:18 pbrooko joined #fuel
09:22 v1k0d3n joined #fuel
09:22 mkwiek1 joined #fuel
09:23 e0ne joined #fuel
09:25 Miouge_ joined #fuel
09:29 gongysh joined #fuel
09:33 adanin joined #fuel
09:33 nurla joined #fuel
09:36 Billias A quick question
09:36 Billias what is the fastest way to clean up the database on fuel
09:36 Billias like it is a fresh install
10:11 tzn joined #fuel
10:19 warpc__ joined #fuel
10:47 Miouge joined #fuel
10:48 pradip joined #fuel
10:59 Miouge_ joined #fuel
11:03 Miouge joined #fuel
11:04 xenolog13 @JS__, could you provide ARP table from network namespace?
11:05 pradip hi all , i need some help in ostf health check can any help me ..?
11:12 tzn joined #fuel
11:14 JS__ <alex_didenko> https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1488925
11:23 v1k0d3n joined #fuel
11:34 pbrooko joined #fuel
11:40 saibarspeis joined #fuel
11:55 dkusidlo joined #fuel
12:02 Miouge joined #fuel
12:07 bazilza joined #fuel
12:12 tzn joined #fuel
12:28 sergmelikyan joined #fuel
12:32 pbrooko joined #fuel
12:37 pbrooko joined #fuel
12:47 v1k0d3n joined #fuel
13:11 ericjwolf Good morning , <mwhahaha>
13:11 mwhahaha hi
13:11 ericjwolf Getting back to your question.  Yes I followed the steps to resolve the Zabbix issue and I ran into the exact same issue that the bug reporter did.
13:12 ericjwolf Looking at the bug report it just ended.
13:12 ericjwolf I keep seeing an internal 500 server error on the controller and it looks like some potential issue when the database was setup.
13:12 ericjwolf Not sure.
13:13 mwhahaha there appears to have been an update to that bug with additional packages required, i wonder if that fixes it
13:13 ericjwolf I did not see any update to the ticket
13:13 mwhahaha there's a comment from ~6hours ago
13:13 ericjwolf ah
13:13 ericjwolf I noticed yesterdya that that bug looked new.
13:13 tzn joined #fuel
13:13 mwhahaha yea it's a new bug
13:17 ericjwolf Ok, I added those packages and will try to re-deploy the env.  Thanks again.
13:19 bazilza Hi, guys. I have a problem after upgrading from 6.0 to 6.1. I'm not able to create bonded interfaces anymore. The option is gone from the current environment. It's only present if i create a new one.
13:20 bazilza I have 20 servers with bonded interfaces. Now i want to add another 5 servers but no bonding option is available :/
13:20 Miouge joined #fuel
13:21 mwhahaha it might be available via the cli still
13:21 mwhahaha there's this bug, https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1407545 which might be the one you're running into
13:23 bazilza mwhahaha, thanks, i'll check it out
13:56 Miouge joined #fuel
13:57 claflico joined #fuel
14:16 sergmelikyan joined #fuel
14:19 thumpba joined #fuel
14:20 thumpba joined #fuel
14:30 tzn joined #fuel
14:38 tzn joined #fuel
14:39 jobewan joined #fuel
14:42 tzn joined #fuel
14:59 CheKoLyN joined #fuel
15:02 asd112z joined #fuel
15:11 asd112z joined #fuel
15:13 jaypipes joined #fuel
15:17 monester joined #fuel
15:55 youellet__ joined #fuel
15:58 rmoe joined #fuel
15:59 skylerberg joined #fuel
16:07 neophy joined #fuel
16:59 tzn joined #fuel
17:11 skylerberg joined #fuel
17:35 jaycee joined #fuel
18:12 neophy joined #fuel
18:24 e0ne joined #fuel
18:33 dpyzhov_ joined #fuel
18:38 tzn joined #fuel
18:39 HeOS joined #fuel
18:40 jaypipes joined #fuel
18:42 dpyzhov_ joined #fuel
18:43 jidar any rep from mirantis in here? any reason the fuel repo was pulled from ravellos?
18:52 mwhahaha jidar: i'm not sure what you are talking about
18:52 asd112z_ joined #fuel
18:56 vern I can confirm: there is no mirantis blueprint in the ravello repo (https://www.ravellosystems.com/repo/)
18:57 jidar there used to be fuel 6.0
18:57 jidar and I was hoping somebody would throw up 6.1 on there
18:57 jidar so I can deploy some test labs
18:57 vern I think there was a 6.1 there too
18:57 jidar ah, missed that
18:57 jidar tbh, that stuff is vital important to testing
18:58 mwhahaha i don't believe we uploaded that
18:58 vern quite likely mirantis had nothing to do with that
18:58 mwhahaha http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:emPDNIt5fqMJ:https://www.ravellosystems.com/repo/blueprints/59999830+&amp;cd=2&amp;hl=en&amp;ct=clnk&amp;gl=us
18:58 jidar mwhahaha: I assume you didn't, but can you engage in it somehow?
18:58 jidar because that is super helpful
18:58 mwhahaha i don't even know who to talk to about that, i mean we offer our own way to do it via vms
18:59 mwhahaha i had not heard of ravellosystems before you mentioned it
18:59 jidar mwhahaha: it's pretty neat, the redhat guys are using it for labs and while they are facing some IPMI issues using ironic, I think those are getting worked out
19:00 angdraug joined #fuel
19:00 jidar truth be told, I don't see suse up there either well I found an older version: https://www.ravellosystems.com/repo/blueprints/55476805
19:00 jidar but I just think this is a low cost way to prove solutions for customers
19:01 vern it's fairly uncomplicated to follow this guide for deploying fuel on ravello: http://www.cloudops.com/2015/05/faking-bare-metal-in-the-cloud-with-ravello-systems/
19:01 jidar vern: it's time
19:01 jidar 12 minutes < whatever that will cost in time
19:02 jidar we're doing some stuff with rhel's OSP6 and I can have a copy of our blueprint running in 12 minutes or so
19:02 jidar prove if we can plug something in
19:02 jidar destroy it
19:02 vern the time to install is a one-time cost. after that, blueprint it and then you've got your 12 minute deploy
19:02 jidar anyway, I'd love to see it mwhahaha
19:03 jidar but it's not, it's a every release
19:03 jidar and I pay for storage of those images
19:03 jidar and frankly, who better to develop that solution than the guys who own it?
19:03 vern fair enough
19:04 mwhahaha make sense, not sure it's high on our list of things to do but i can put a bug in an ear somewhere
19:04 vern ravello still keeps a very tight reign on that repo so even if the mirantis guys were creating blueprints, it would probably not be a quick and easy process
19:04 jidar mwhahaha: I'm sitting in openstack-sv if you've got somebody here to bug ;)
19:05 jidar vern: so then just let them share the blueprint via request or something - I can't imagine the ravellos guys would not want to share (it means more people deploying products using ravellos)
19:05 mwhahaha Oh i'm sure there's people from mirantis there. go find a few and talk to them about it
19:05 jidar heh
19:13 e0ne joined #fuel
19:15 neophy joined #fuel
19:27 nihilifer joined #fuel
19:33 mfisch angdraug: ping
19:35 angdraug mfisch: hi, sup?
19:35 mfisch angdraug: are any of your guys attending the puppet virtual midcycle?
19:38 angdraug I'll be travelling next week so no chance for me
19:38 mfisch tl;dr is  I'm working on a list of bugs to triage/discuss and wondering if any fuel bugs should be in the list
19:38 mfisch ones that would be good to talk through, try to repro or classify
19:39 angdraug that's a great idea, too bad the timing doesn't work out
19:39 angdraug Fuel 7.0 hard code freeze is due on Sep 3, right in the middle of it all
19:40 angdraug you already have the big one (v3) on the agenda
19:41 angdraug but getting attendance for fuel-library developers is going to be a challenge
19:43 angdraug one more thing that might be worth bring up is our modules reconciliation plan
19:44 angdraug mwhahaha: mind if I share your etherpad?
19:44 mwhahaha sure
19:44 angdraug https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/fuel-librarian-repos
19:44 angdraug that's a long list of reviews we need to land so that we can switch over the remaining modules to vanilla puppet-openstack versions
19:45 mwhahaha some are already landed, just may not be in 6.0
19:45 angdraug you mean not in 7.0
19:45 angdraug or 6.0.0?
19:45 mwhahaha openstack puppet 6.0
19:45 mwhahaha 6.0.0
19:46 mwhahaha would need to see about getting them backported to stable/kilo
19:46 angdraug not in 6.0.0 is fine, we'll target Liberty in Fuel 8.0
19:47 mfisch (sorry just got back)
19:47 angdraug so we can start with tracking an upstream commit sha1 that has the commits we need
19:47 mwhahaha ok, well perhaps i can clean up that list to see what wasn't merged into upstream
19:47 angdraug and then update to a tag once there's an rc
19:47 mwhahaha some of those reviews are what we have in our fuel library version of 6.0.0 but are already in upstream
19:47 mwhahaha so if we only target liberty, that list might be cleaner
19:47 angdraug mfisch: what's the rough estimate on a first tagged puppet-openstack rc for liberty?
19:48 mfisch we're blocked by some broken packges
19:48 angdraug yeah, I've seen Emilien's emails
19:49 angdraug still, how realistic is it to expect an rc in october?
19:49 mfisch I think it is
19:49 mfisch way better shape than kilo imho
19:49 mfisch we're a bit behind master here
19:49 mfisch at my work
19:49 tzn joined #fuel
19:51 angdraug if we can land remaining patches we need by end of october, it should give us enough time to convert the rest of fuel-library to librarian
19:51 angdraug mwhahaha: right&
19:51 angdraug mwhahaha: right?
19:51 mwhahaha hopefully :D
19:51 mwhahaha i can try and devote some time to the midcycle stuff to maybe help work through some of these things
19:51 angdraug a good start would be a list of patches that are not merged yet
19:51 mwhahaha yea i'll get that together
19:52 angdraug as you go through them, mark the ones that are in good shape for merge, maybe mfisch can arrange a mergefest at some point in the midcycle
19:53 mwhahaha will do
19:53 mfisch good idea
19:53 angdraug mfisch: if you hang a carrot of quickly cycling through reviews and updating/reviewing/merging a bunch of patches, that will sure motivate people to show up
19:54 mfisch not a bad idea to add that to the list since we dont have a ton of bugs
19:54 angdraug but first lets see the list, if there's only a handful of patches left, we can just keep going through them in the weekly meeting...
19:59 xarses joined #fuel
20:29 thumpba joined #fuel
20:52 asd112z joined #fuel
20:53 asd112z joined #fuel
20:55 mihgen joined #fuel
21:16 lucasPR joined #fuel
21:24 tzn joined #fuel
21:40 thumpba joined #fuel
21:49 thumpba joined #fuel
21:52 jaypipes joined #fuel
22:02 adanin joined #fuel
22:40 nihilifer joined #fuel
22:41 tzn joined #fuel

| Channels | #fuel index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary