Perl 6 - the future is here, just unevenly distributed

IRC log for #gluster-dev, 2014-12-10

| Channels | #gluster-dev index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
00:25 _Bryan_ joined #gluster-dev
01:14 bala joined #gluster-dev
02:02 davemc joined #gluster-dev
02:57 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
02:58 shyam joined #gluster-dev
03:05 bharata-rao joined #gluster-dev
03:05 bharata_ joined #gluster-dev
03:42 kanagaraj joined #gluster-dev
03:42 soumya__ joined #gluster-dev
03:45 lpabon joined #gluster-dev
03:57 atinmu joined #gluster-dev
04:04 itisravi joined #gluster-dev
04:05 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
04:17 prontotest joined #gluster-dev
04:17 prontotest left #gluster-dev
04:31 kshlm joined #gluster-dev
04:38 ndarshan joined #gluster-dev
04:43 rafi joined #gluster-dev
04:45 anoopcs joined #gluster-dev
04:48 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
04:55 spandit joined #gluster-dev
04:58 anoopcs joined #gluster-dev
05:00 lalatenduM joined #gluster-dev
05:01 ppai joined #gluster-dev
05:08 bala joined #gluster-dev
05:46 ndarshan joined #gluster-dev
05:50 atalur joined #gluster-dev
05:54 raghu` joined #gluster-dev
06:02 nkhare joined #gluster-dev
06:09 Gaurav__ joined #gluster-dev
06:14 kdhananjay joined #gluster-dev
06:35 soumya__ joined #gluster-dev
06:35 ndarshan joined #gluster-dev
06:38 anoopcs joined #gluster-dev
06:40 Pablo joined #gluster-dev
06:43 topshare joined #gluster-dev
06:49 bala joined #gluster-dev
07:13 anoopcs joined #gluster-dev
07:27 jiffin joined #gluster-dev
07:28 rgustafs joined #gluster-dev
07:50 bala joined #gluster-dev
07:54 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
08:00 Debloper joined #gluster-dev
08:12 vimal joined #gluster-dev
08:22 topshare joined #gluster-dev
08:23 topshare joined #gluster-dev
08:24 hagarth ndevos: ping, pm?
08:24 topshare joined #gluster-dev
08:24 ndevos hagarth: sure!
08:27 hagarth ndevos++
08:27 glusterbot hagarth: ndevos's karma is now 63
08:28 hagarth ndevos++ - you can't be off by 1 for 2^6 :D
08:28 glusterbot hagarth: ndevos's karma is now 64
08:28 ndevos haha, hagarth++
08:28 glusterbot ndevos: hagarth's karma is now 28
08:33 lalatenduM joined #gluster-dev
08:34 overclk joined #gluster-dev
08:34 lalatenduM ndevos, regrading  http://review.gluster.org/#/c/9239
08:34 ndevos lalatenduM: what about it?
08:35 lalatenduM ndevos, not sure if "missingok" should be after postrotate
08:36 ndevos lalatenduM: hmm, does the order of the options really matter>
08:36 ndevos ?
08:37 lalatenduM ndevos, I dont think so, still trying to root cause if a order is required
08:37 lalatenduM an order*
08:37 anoopcs joined #gluster-dev
08:38 ndevos lalatenduM: when quickly skipping through 'man logrotate.conf', I do not see a requirement for the order
08:38 lalatenduM ndevos, yes
08:39 Anuradha joined #gluster-dev
08:41 ndevos lalatenduM: aha! check the manpage for 'postrotate' - I think 'missingok' is not the only incorrect option there
08:45 ndevos lalatenduM: will you leave a review comment in there, or shall I do that?
08:49 gothos ndevos: probably not the only one, but at least it fixes cron reporting an error every day
08:50 gothos I didn't check if the rest is actually working, but I guess someone tested it at some point...
08:51 ndevos gothos: thanks, I did not have time to run through the installation of a centos-5.x + gluster yet, I think you or kkeithley_ confirmed the initial success
08:52 ndevos hchiramm, lalatenduM, JustinClift: hey, what about having a (manual?) Jenkins test-job that creates some VMs with different distributions and installs the glusterfs packages?
08:54 lalatenduM ndevos, that would be good I think
08:54 lalatenduM ndevos, will get back to you on logrotate stuff
08:55 ndevos lalatenduM: okay, we can merge that patch, but we would need a follow-up for it too
08:55 ndevos lalatenduM: let me know if you want the patch from this new guy included, and send a 2nd fix yourself
08:56 gothos I'll probably file another bug report later on for another thing in logrotate
08:56 gothos since my gluster brick logs are not rotated corrected
08:57 gothos and the init script for centos 6 is broken as well, since glustershd(?) is not getting a -HUP due to wrong pid location
08:57 gothos but no time atm
08:58 ndevos gothos: oh, is that logrotate patch from you?
08:58 * ndevos was already wondering if "this new guy" would be on irc
08:58 gothos ndevos: yeah, hence the comment earlier
08:59 lalatenduM gothos, cool
08:59 ndevos gothos: ah! now I get it, I thought you were talking about the rpms/repodata :D
09:00 gothos nope :) but yeah, that works now for me and our last CentOS 5 machine
09:00 ndevos gothos: so, can you post an updated patch for the logrotate issue? or do you want one of us to take care of that?
09:01 * ndevos thinks it is *not* working as expected
09:01 kaushal_ joined #gluster-dev
09:02 lalatenduM ndevos, can you plz rerun regression test on http://review.gluster.org/#/c/9239/1
09:02 gothos ndevos: I can do it, but I wont get around to it until this evening
09:02 ndevos gothos: whatever you prefer, I can do it for you too
09:02 ndevos lalatenduM: re-running does not make much sense if a v2 is coming up :)
09:03 lalatenduM ndevos, gothos dont think http://review.gluster.org/#/c/9239/1 has anything to fail the smoke and regression tests
09:03 gothos ndevos: let me do it, I'll have to fix some other logrotate stuff anyway
09:03 ndevos lalatenduM: no, it really should not fail - some other issue again
09:03 lalatenduM ndevos, yeah
09:03 ndevos gothos++ cool, thanks!
09:03 glusterbot ndevos: gothos's karma is now 1
09:03 lalatenduM gothos++ thanks
09:03 glusterbot lalatenduM: gothos's karma is now 2
09:04 ndevos gothos: in case you have difficulties with Gerrit or updating the patch, let us know and we'll help out
09:04 gothos ndevos: ok, thx :)
09:04 ndevos gothos: or, in case you need some steps to send an updated patch, I can put something together and email it to the -devel list
09:16 spandit joined #gluster-dev
09:17 ppai joined #gluster-dev
09:47 atinmu joined #gluster-dev
09:51 spandit joined #gluster-dev
10:02 kshlm joined #gluster-dev
10:04 ndevos lalatenduM: do you know how coverity defects are closed? I just merged a patch that should fix one, but dont know how to mark that in the coverity website
10:04 ndevos or, maybe it'll get closed automatically on the next run?
10:23 ndarshan joined #gluster-dev
10:28 lalatenduM ndevos, in the next run , if the issue is fixed it will get automatically get fixed
10:28 lalatenduM automatically get closed*
10:28 ndevos lalatenduM: awesome :)
10:37 Gaurav__ joined #gluster-dev
10:43 atinmu joined #gluster-dev
10:44 ndarshan joined #gluster-dev
11:00 hchiramm lalatenduM, dont u need to update the latest Coverity run as a bugzilla comment here ? https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=789278
11:00 glusterbot Bug 789278: high, medium, ---, vbellur, CLOSED CURRENTRELEASE, Issues reported by Coverity static analysis tool
11:01 lalatenduM hchiramm, actually this is a tracking/ongoing bug
11:02 lalatenduM hchiramm, bcz practically we can't fix all coverity bugs :)
11:03 hchiramm yep.. but cant we update the bugzilla comment with the latest run report ?
11:04 atinmu joined #gluster-dev
11:06 hchiramm ndevos++ :)
11:06 glusterbot hchiramm: ndevos's karma is now 65
11:10 ndevos hchiramm: :)
11:16 lalatenduM hchiramm, not sure how updating the bug will help us
11:17 lalatenduM hchiramm, I forward the result of Covscan to gluster-devel anyway
11:18 ndarshan joined #gluster-dev
11:21 kshlm joined #gluster-dev
11:23 hchiramm lalatenduM, may be a link to the report will also so
11:23 hchiramm so/do
11:27 lalatenduM hchiramm, I have added a comment pointing to  http://scan.coverity.com/projects/987
11:27 hchiramm lalatenduM++ Thanks!
11:27 glusterbot hchiramm: lalatenduM's karma is now 53
11:38 Gaurav__ joined #gluster-dev
11:50 soumya__ joined #gluster-dev
11:50 ndevos REMINDER: Weekly Gluster Community meeting starting in 10 minutes in #gluster-meeting
11:59 rafi joined #gluster-dev
12:04 lpabon joined #gluster-dev
12:05 atalur joined #gluster-dev
12:06 ndarshan joined #gluster-dev
12:17 atinmu joined #gluster-dev
12:26 itisravi_ joined #gluster-dev
12:28 ndarshan joined #gluster-dev
12:32 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
12:41 rafi joined #gluster-dev
12:45 topshare joined #gluster-dev
12:46 topshare joined #gluster-dev
12:57 lalatenduM joined #gluster-dev
13:00 anoopcs joined #gluster-dev
13:00 hchiramm ndevos++
13:00 glusterbot hchiramm: ndevos's karma is now 66
13:04 lalatenduM joined #gluster-dev
13:05 tdasilva joined #gluster-dev
13:06 rafi1 joined #gluster-dev
13:07 gothos okay, just changed the georep logrotate and made sure it works. the centos 6 rpm also don't use the logrotate file from extras for the other logfiles
13:07 rafi1 joined #gluster-dev
13:13 topshare joined #gluster-dev
13:18 edward1 joined #gluster-dev
13:45 ppai joined #gluster-dev
13:48 gothos ndevos: I can't find my last commit for the logrotate in the log, but I updated the file and can send it in. just don't know how since it's s revised version
13:50 ndevos gothos: it is most important that you have the exact same Change-Id in the new patch
13:50 ndevos gothos: Gerrit uses the Change-Id and the branch for matching patches and their revisions
13:51 ndevos well, "branch" is identified by the previous commits in your local branch (I think)
13:53 ndarshan joined #gluster-dev
13:53 ndevos gothos: alternatively, you can copy/paste the "checkout + ssh" command from the Gerrit webui, that pulls your original patch
13:53 ndevos after that, you commit your fix, and combine the two patches into one with 'git rebase -i HEAD~2'
13:54 gothos ndevos: that sounds got, I'll try that
13:54 ndevos in that 'git rebase' editor, the 1st line should contain the commitid of your 1st patch
13:54 ndevos and in the 2nd line the 2nd patch is listed
13:55 ndevos replace the 'pick' keyword on the 2nd line with 'f', save and exit the editor
13:55 ndevos you can then check the result with 'git show' and 'git log -p' and the like
13:56 ndevos gothos: oh, after doing the Gerrit advised command, you probably want to create a branch for that change
13:56 ndevos do the checkout, and after that a: git branch bug-12745 FETCH_HEAD
13:56 ndevos or, maybe git even shows a hint on how to do that
13:57 ndevos fwiw, the command Gerrit shows me is like this: git fetch ssh://ndevos@git.gluster.org/glusterfs refs/changes/39/9239/1 && git checkout FETCH_HEAD
14:05 ppai joined #gluster-dev
14:15 gothos ndevos: okay, I did that. and just rerun rfc.sh right?
14:17 ndevos gothos: yes, when you checked the result and it looks good, just ./rfc.sh it again
14:18 ndevos gothos: you can even update the commit message if you like: git commit --amend
14:19 sachin joined #gluster-dev
14:20 gothos ndevos: I kept it. patch set 2 is in gerrit now. so I guess that actually worked
14:20 * ndevos checks
14:21 ndevos gothos: yes, that worked :)
14:21 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
14:22 ndevos gothos: we'll wait for regression testing to pass (not that it uses logrotate), and have lalatenduM check the updated version too
14:22 lalatenduM gothos, ndevos yes I will review it
14:22 ndevos gothos: oh, btw, you probably need to send a patch for the master branch as well
14:23 ndevos gothos: you want to do that? we can make it in 5-10 minutes, I think
14:25 ndevos oh, bug 1170825 is actually for the master branch, so there is no need to clone the bug
14:26 glusterbot Bug https://bugzilla.redhat.com:443/show_bug.cgi?id=1170825 unspecified, unspecified, ---, bugs, NEW , GlusterFS logrotate config complains about missing files
14:26 ndevos gothos: to post the patch to the master branch too, you do these steps:
14:26 ndevos 1. create a new branch: git checkout -t -b bug-1170825 origin/master
14:27 ndevos 2. apply the patch: git cherry-pick 93be2e2d602c8144fca552a32f73e844ef30934f
14:27 ndevos 3. update the commit message, correct the BUG number: git commit --amend
14:27 ndevos 4. post the patch: ./rfc.sh
14:28 gothos ndevos: okay, pretty much did half of that already
14:29 gothos the change-id will stay the same?
14:29 ndevos yes, you should keep the change-id the same
14:29 gothos okay
14:29 ndevos that makes it easier to find the same patches in the different branches
14:31 gothos okay, I was just afraid it might mess up some script when the change-id is used for two different bugs
14:32 gothos http://review.gluster.org/#/c/9264/
14:33 kkeithley semiosis: ping.  I'm trying to build .debs for raspbian wheezy following your recipe.  The `sudo pbuilder --build glusterfs_${VERSION}-${RELEASE}.dsc` bails out with http://paste.debian.net/135841/
14:34 kkeithley I've compared the pkgs on the raspbian box against what's on my x86_64 wheezy box and it looks like I have everything I could possibly need.  Any thoughts?
14:37 ndevos gothos: nah, you can use the same change-id, as long as the commits are in a different branch
14:37 ndevos kkeithley: I'm sorry, but I'm afraid you need to update http://review.gluster.org/9143 an other time :-/
14:38 ndevos shyam: maybe you can have a look at http://review.gluster.org/9143 before getting kkeithley to change it?
14:39 ndevos gothos++ awesome, thanks!
14:39 glusterbot ndevos: gothos's karma is now 3
14:40 tdasilva joined #gluster-dev
14:40 ppai joined #gluster-dev
14:43 shyam ndevos: will do
14:59 _Bryan_ joined #gluster-dev
15:08 kdhananjay joined #gluster-dev
15:16 wushudoin joined #gluster-dev
15:36 bala joined #gluster-dev
15:36 JustinClift ndevos: http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/GlusterFS_Release_Process
15:36 JustinClift Just whipped that up now
15:36 JustinClift I don't remember the rpm and deb packagers tho atm
15:37 JustinClift And we should put people's email addresses on that list, so it's easy to contact them directly while working through that list
15:37 JustinClift rpm == kkeithley, hchiramm, lalatenduM ?
15:37 JustinClift deb == semiosis ?
15:38 JustinClift Do we have SuSE RPM's done by anyone too?
15:38 lalatenduM JustinClift, rpm == ndevos, kkeithley, hchiramm, lalatenduM ?
15:38 lalatenduM JustinClift, rpm == ndevos, kkeithley, hchiramm, lalatenduM
15:38 JustinClift Cool
15:38 JustinClift Tx :)
15:38 * JustinClift updates the page
15:41 jobewan joined #gluster-dev
15:42 kkeithley semiosis usually does the Debian packages, but sometimes I do when he doesn't get around to it.
15:42 kkeithley I do the SuSE and Pidora packages
15:44 kkeithley We have OpenSuSE and SLES11sp3 packages.  No SLES12 packages because SuSE hasn't responded to my requests for an eval license. (They gave me one for SLES11sp3.)
15:53 JustinClift kkeithley: Tx :)
15:55 kkeithley I wouldn't hold the release announcement for lack of OpenSuSE/SLES or Pidora RPMs.
15:58 kanagaraj joined #gluster-dev
16:00 JustinClift Good point
16:00 * JustinClift adjusts the text again
16:01 kkeithley btw, send my cables!!! ;-)
16:02 JustinClift kkeithley: I'm filling out the shipping form online atm :)
16:04 kkeithley Okay, thanks.  Otherwise I'll have to hunt you down in February aftger Devconf.  (which would be okay. I'm always happy to have an excuse to come to London)
16:07 kkeithley semiosis: ping. Are you around?
16:12 semiosis just got in
16:15 semiosis kkeithley:
16:16 kkeithley I'm trying to build .debs for raspbian wheezy following your recipe.  The `sudo pbuilder --build glusterfs_${VERSION}-${RELEASE}.dsc` bails out with http://paste.debian.net/135841/
16:16 kkeithley Been googling for ideas, but coming up blank
16:17 semiosis kkeithley: ah right, so there was some initial setup you did looong ago.  we need to re-do that for raspbian
16:17 semiosis have you done <pbuilder create> to create your base tarball yet?
16:17 semiosis probably not
16:18 kkeithley hmmm.  I forgot about that
16:18 JustinClift kkeithley: Awesome, so the shipping form isn't working.  eg there's something gone wrong with the web app
16:18 semiosis usually you just need to run sudo pbuilder --create and the release & arch default to what you're running
16:18 JustinClift Sescia (office mgr here in London) has to split too atm, but I've emailed her the details and she's promised to sent it on friday
16:19 JustinClift send it even
16:19 kkeithley okay. Now what I found on google makes more sense.
16:19 * kkeithley looks for email from semiosis
16:19 JustinClift The cables themselves are all boxed and ready to go (sitting on her desk)
16:19 kkeithley JustinClift: okay, not a big deal
16:20 semiosis JustinClift: that reminds me, i need to hassle johnmark some more, if he's ever going to send swag for my students
16:20 kkeithley If we wait long enough I'll just come pick them up in person
16:20 semiosis anyone have any ideas how to get some swag if johnmark is too busy to send it?
16:20 JustinClift semiosis: What swag do you need?
16:20 semiosis i'd like to get some t-shirts, mugs, and sunglasses
16:21 * ndevos could do with some of that too
16:21 JustinClift Email me, and I'll see if we can get my team to organise it.  No guarantees, but it's worth a shot. :)
16:21 semiosis iirc, johnmark said he had a box ready but hasn't had a chance to ship it
16:21 JustinClift Ahhh
16:21 JustinClift Ping JM then, but CC me
16:21 ndevos ask kkeithley to visit JMs desk?
16:22 JustinClift It depends where the box is
16:22 JustinClift eg at his house, vs office
16:22 ndevos sure, just assuming the desk in the office :)
16:23 JustinClift k, I gotta split for train station
16:24 ndevos run, run, run!
16:30 kkeithley I just came back from JM's desk actually
16:31 kkeithley box is in his cubicle
16:43 ndevos nice!
16:46 vimal joined #gluster-dev
17:48 barbara joined #gluster-dev
18:15 barbara left #gluster-dev
22:03 badone joined #gluster-dev
22:12 lpabon joined #gluster-dev
22:50 jobewan joined #gluster-dev

| Channels | #gluster-dev index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary