Perl 6 - the future is here, just unevenly distributed

IRC log for #gluster-dev, 2015-02-18

| Channels | #gluster-dev index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
00:13 badone_ joined #gluster-dev
02:37 bala joined #gluster-dev
02:48 ilbot3 joined #gluster-dev
02:48 Topic for #gluster-dev is now Gluster Development Channel - http://gluster.org | For general chat go to #gluster | Patches - http://review.gluster.org/ | Channel Logs - https://botbot.me/freenode/gluster-dev/ & http://irclog.perlgeek.de/gluster-dev/
03:43 spandit joined #gluster-dev
03:54 shubhendu joined #gluster-dev
03:56 itisravi joined #gluster-dev
04:05 ppai joined #gluster-dev
04:06 kanagaraj joined #gluster-dev
04:08 ndarshan joined #gluster-dev
04:10 atinmu joined #gluster-dev
04:12 bala joined #gluster-dev
04:37 jiffin joined #gluster-dev
04:38 Manikandan joined #gluster-dev
04:39 anoopcs joined #gluster-dev
04:44 ppai joined #gluster-dev
04:57 rjoseph|afk joined #gluster-dev
05:03 aravindavk joined #gluster-dev
05:13 nkhare joined #gluster-dev
05:20 prasanth_ joined #gluster-dev
05:23 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
05:23 kdhananjay joined #gluster-dev
05:25 soumya__ joined #gluster-dev
05:31 kshlm joined #gluster-dev
05:31 hchiramm joined #gluster-dev
05:33 badone__ joined #gluster-dev
05:37 overclk joined #gluster-dev
06:00 deepakcs joined #gluster-dev
06:15 rafi joined #gluster-dev
06:16 spandit joined #gluster-dev
06:28 rafi1 joined #gluster-dev
06:31 ppai joined #gluster-dev
06:33 msvbhat joined #gluster-dev
06:33 raghu` joined #gluster-dev
06:45 overclk joined #gluster-dev
06:51 Manikandan joined #gluster-dev
06:54 gem joined #gluster-dev
07:01 soumya__ joined #gluster-dev
07:16 anrao joined #gluster-dev
07:22 spandit joined #gluster-dev
07:26 bala joined #gluster-dev
07:44 rafi joined #gluster-dev
07:48 bala joined #gluster-dev
07:50 overclk joined #gluster-dev
08:48 rafi1 joined #gluster-dev
09:05 ndevos kshlm: could you check bug 1191176 and make sure there is a release note about it for the next 3.6.x release?
09:05 glusterbot Bug https://bugzilla.redhat.com:​443/show_bug.cgi?id=1191176 urgent, unspecified, ---, bugs, NEW , Since 3.6.2: failed to get the 'volume file' from server
09:10 ndarshan joined #gluster-dev
09:16 ppai joined #gluster-dev
09:24 badone_ joined #gluster-dev
09:27 Debloper joined #gluster-dev
09:27 Debloper joined #gluster-dev
09:29 kshlm ndevos, I can add a note on the bz, but how do I make sure that it is picked up on release?
09:31 ndevos kshlm: get raghugs attention to it, he would be writing those release notes
09:31 ndevos kshlm++
09:31 glusterbot ndevos: kshlm's karma is now 6
09:31 kshlm okay.
09:38 Manikandan joined #gluster-dev
09:43 shaunm joined #gluster-dev
09:45 rafi joined #gluster-dev
09:50 kshlm anyone knwo the link to the 3.6.3 tracker bug?
09:50 soumya__ joined #gluster-dev
09:51 kshlm ndevos, what component do you suggest a release note to be under?
09:51 kshlm the bug isn't actually with GlusterD, so I want to change the component.
09:51 kshlm Would 'doc' be good?
09:52 ndevos kshlm: the tracker should be 'glusterfs-3.6.3' :) just enter that instead of a bz#
09:52 kshlm That's cool :). I didn't know that.
09:52 ndevos kshlm: maybe just leave a note in the 3.6.3 tracker? I normally use the tracker to post release notes for 3.5.x
09:53 ndevos bugs can have an 'alias', and it makes it much easier to remember names than numbers :)
10:02 badone__ joined #gluster-dev
11:00 ndarshan joined #gluster-dev
11:13 kbyrne joined #gluster-dev
11:38 aravindavk joined #gluster-dev
11:39 ndevos REMINDER: Gluster Community Meeting starts in ~20 minutes in #gluster-meeting
11:57 soumya__ joined #gluster-dev
12:02 ndevos REMINDER: Gluster Community Meeting starts *now* in #gluster-meeting
12:08 jiffin joined #gluster-dev
12:12 ira joined #gluster-dev
12:20 itisravi joined #gluster-dev
12:22 jdarcy joined #gluster-dev
12:30 kdhananjay joined #gluster-dev
12:35 ira joined #gluster-dev
12:39 JustinClift kkeithley ndevos: We'd need something that can look at the coredump structures and figure out what belongs to what
12:40 JustinClift For a sizeable leak, it could probably just give a list of "top 20 structures" or something, and the leaked ones would be at the top?
12:42 kkeithley with full debug logging and a mem-pooling disabled (debug build) we ought to see it in the logs, but at least two people have looked at the logs and not seen anything that's obviously leaking. Yet the RSZ and VSZ keep growing
12:43 kkeithley what's this tool that we've been offered a license for?
12:47 * JustinClift tries to remember
12:47 JustinClift I'll have to look back through my email history.  It'll take a bit of time.
12:47 JustinClift I think it was when we were looking for a time-travel capable debugger
12:47 JustinClift Will will dig it up today :)
12:51 kshlm JustinClift, do you know the best way to get hold of spot?
12:53 kkeithley spot is tcallawa at redhat.com
12:54 rafi1 joined #gluster-dev
12:55 kkeithley hchiramm: thank you!
12:56 hchiramm kkeithley++ , u deserve!!
12:56 glusterbot hchiramm: kkeithley's karma is now 51
12:57 JustinClift kshlm: As ndevos said, call him. :)
13:00 anoopcs joined #gluster-dev
13:00 kkeithley ndevos: is it worth mentioning that you and I are coming to BLR in April?
13:05 rafi joined #gluster-dev
13:09 JustinClift kkeithley: Put it on gluster-devel and the blog?
13:09 JustinClift Maybe do a mini gluster BoF or something with Community members in the area?
13:11 kkeithley sure. although mainly I was trying to get ndevos' attention outside of #gluster-meeting. Moot point now
13:12 JustinClift ;)
13:12 shaunm joined #gluster-dev
13:13 shyam joined #gluster-dev
13:19 rjoseph joined #gluster-dev
13:35 JustinClift Anyone else seeing this with release-3.6 branch? (regression failure)
13:35 JustinClift http://fpaste.org/186675/19914114/
13:35 JustinClift Noticed it yesterday in the logs and emailed Pranith, but haven't heard back.
13:41 ndevos kkeithley: did you do the glusterfs-3.6.3beta1 package for fedora?
13:41 ndevos kkeithley: even if not, could you upload the source tarball for it? it seems to be missing?
13:42 ndevos kkeithley: gladiac (Andreas Schneider) in #samba-technical just noticed it
13:45 * ndevos will be back later, guick lunch!
13:47 bala joined #gluster-dev
13:49 anrao joined #gluster-dev
13:53 ndevos kkeithley: ah, never mind, just did it :)
14:00 ndevos hchiramm: ah, git log shows that you did the 3.6.3beta1 release - please remind yourself about uploading the tarball next time :)
14:21 JustinClift kkeithley: Is this file descriptor leakage normal? http://fpaste.org/187021/42692441/
14:21 * JustinClift wonders if the memory problems we sometimes see on clients might be vgcreate/vgs/lvscan problems instead...
14:26 gothos I thought there were only problems on the client side
14:30 rjoseph joined #gluster-dev
14:34 shubhendu joined #gluster-dev
14:36 JustinClift gothos: Yeah, this is a single host setup running the regression test.  It's both server and client in this instance, so I'm not sure where that exactly fits with problem people have reported. ;)
14:38 anrao joined #gluster-dev
14:50 _Bryan_ joined #gluster-dev
14:53 JustinClift ndevos: jdarcy diagnosed the ssl-authz.t failure in release-3.6
14:53 JustinClift It's the same failure that's fixed by http://review.gluster.org/#/c/9483/, so he'll submit it for backporting
14:53 ndevos JustinClift: thats nice, raghug would surely love to hear about it :)
14:55 tdasilva joined #gluster-dev
14:58 kkeithley (09:21:11 AM) JustinClift: kkeithley: Is this file descriptor leakage normal? http://fpaste.org/187021/42692441/
14:58 kkeithley I've not seen that before
14:59 JustinClift Hmmm, it showed up in the regression run of a newly spun up box
14:59 JustinClift on master
14:59 JustinClift I've just kicked off 10 more, so will check later if it's common to them all.
14:59 JustinClift No idea if it's important. ;)
15:05 soumya joined #gluster-dev
15:13 shubhendu joined #gluster-dev
15:15 xavih joined #gluster-dev
15:20 nkhare joined #gluster-dev
15:21 wushudoin joined #gluster-dev
15:37 kshlm joined #gluster-dev
16:04 deepakcs joined #gluster-dev
16:05 firemanxbr joined #gluster-dev
16:06 rafi joined #gluster-dev
16:13 firemanxbr hi guys I'm here :D
16:14 firemanxbr what I can help? I'm available :)
16:16 JustinClift ?
16:17 firemanxbr JustinClift,  hey guy I'm here for talking about Gerrit upgrade :D
16:18 firemanxbr ndevos, call me :D
16:18 JustinClift :)
16:18 ndevos :)
16:18 JustinClift firemanxbr: So, what do you know about our setup so far?
16:18 JustinClift firemanxbr: Have you seen http://build.gluster.org/ yet?
16:19 * ndevos leaves for now, and might be back later, or tomorrow
16:19 JustinClift ndevos: 1 sec
16:19 JustinClift Before you go, have you heard of any problems with uss.t in the regression testing?
16:19 ndevos JustinClift: be quick!
16:19 ndevos JustinClift: no, I have not :)
16:19 firemanxbr I'm writing a complete documentation for Gerrit 2.10, for my personal blog, I believe are two or four posts about this it.
16:19 JustinClift It's doing a cat /dev/urandom, and is taking out all of the testing nodes
16:19 kkeithley anyone have a pointer to a good blog article on running qemu/kvm with gluster storage that I can point our interns at before they arrive?
16:19 JustinClift k, I'll email gluster-devel
16:19 JustinClift :)
16:20 firemanxbr JustinClift,  yes I'm see
16:20 JustinClift firemanxbr: That's our Jenkins stuff.  It ties very closely into our Gerrit stuff: http://review.gluster.org/
16:20 ndevos kkeithley: maybe http://blog.nixpanic.net/2013/11/init​ial-work-on-gluster-integration.html ?
16:21 JustinClift firemanxbr: We can't afford to have this break. ;)
16:21 kkeithley ndevos: thanks
16:21 JustinClift firemanxbr: Well, not during a work day.  After hours, or on weekend we could break it a bit without too much problem.
16:21 JustinClift (as long as we fix it)
16:21 ndevos kkeithley: and https://raobharata.wordpress.com/2012/1​0/29/qemu-glusterfs-native-integration/
16:22 firemanxbr JustinClift, humm I understood, no problem
16:22 JustinClift firemanxbr: With our version of Gerrit... it is running an old version.  It is also running on a host we want to turn off.
16:23 JustinClift firemanxbr: We need to migrate this gerrit VM to Rackspace, and keep the existing configuration data.  eg keep users, groups, git repos, etc
16:23 firemanxbr JustinClift, I can creating a KickStart file(based in CentOS 7 x86_64) install and configure VM for new Gerrit, this it help us ? or create on Ansible provisioning, what be better :)
16:23 JustinClift firemanxbr: I have a nightly backup script that runs on the Gerrit host, and makes a database backup + backup of the git repos, and copies to a different VM for storage
16:24 JustinClift Ansible is probably better
16:24 JustinClift We have the desire to move stuff to Ansible, but haven't properly done it yet
16:24 JustinClift We have also looked at Salt too
16:24 JustinClift I'm not the guy running that though, so ... not sure ;)
16:25 JustinClift With our Gerrit VM at the moment, it has SSH configured in a special way, so that people can run Gerrit commands using it
16:25 JustinClift It seems to be something often used with Gerrit, but I have no idea how that's done
16:25 firemanxbr JustinClift, Ansible for me, no problem, I have using Ansible in my work's
16:25 JustinClift Cool :)
16:26 JustinClift We have a guy - misc - who does the Ansible stuff.  He's not on IRC at the moment though. :/
16:27 JustinClift firemanxbr: I can give you root access to the existing Gerrit VM, and I can give you an account on Rackspace for doing the new VM setup + DNS configuration for it
16:27 firemanxbr JustinClift, I believe we need two environments: Homologation and Production, can be vm's still the approval(stoped), it would be great to have these two environments.
16:27 JustinClift firemanxbr: Are you familiar with Rackspace GUI?
16:29 firemanxbr JustinClift, I never used it, but I've used Amazon AWS and Google Cloud, should not be so hard: D
16:29 JustinClift :)
16:29 JustinClift What is your email address.  I will create an account on there for you now to look at stuff with
16:29 JustinClift Please don't kill our existing servers and networking :)
16:30 firemanxbr JustinClift, In my working I have gluster replication storage for backup gerrit, is very fast and good performance :D
16:30 JustinClift Cool :)
16:30 firemanxbr my e-mail is: firemanxbr@fedoraproject.org
16:30 JustinClift Cool.  Give me a few minutes to get it set up. :)
16:30 firemanxbr JustinClift, no problem, thankz :D
16:31 firemanxbr JustinClift, In my working I'm using Jenkins 1599, is very fast with Gerrit 2.10
16:31 JustinClift Cool. :)
16:31 JustinClift I have no idea what version of stuff we're using.  All I know is "it's old" ;)
16:31 firemanxbr JustinClift, We usging Gerrit Triger plugin in Jenkins
16:31 JustinClift firemanxbr: Same
16:32 JustinClift firemanxbr: Do you have any experience with GerritHub?
16:32 JustinClift It is something we want to look at soon
16:33 firemanxbr JustinClift, We can go updating :D the new versions is very fast and more integrated
16:33 firemanxbr JustinClift, Yep, I using yet
16:34 firemanxbr JustinClift, GerritHub is very great for push to GitHub project's
16:34 JustinClift Awesome.  We need your help with that too then :)
16:34 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
16:35 firemanxbr JustinClift, We have FreeIPA ? I believe this first implementation for the best environment, FreeIPA secure and hosted all ssh keys for all servers, great for feature expansion.
16:36 JustinClift Ahh, we don't yet.
16:37 JustinClift hagarth mentioned that many of our developers use Google OpenID, and that it is changing.  Soon Google OpenID version 1 will not work any more, and they need to move to Google OpenID version 2.
16:37 firemanxbr JustinClift, I'm contributor for FreeIPA project, I loved this solution, in my working I have two instances: 3.3 and 4.2
16:37 JustinClift We don't know if Gerrit supports Google OpenOI version 2.  Do you know?
16:38 JustinClift s/OpenOI/OpenID/
16:38 firemanxbr JustinClift, Yep, the future is: Fedora Open ID + Google OpenID 2 + FreeIPA internal account
16:39 JustinClift Ok
16:39 firemanxbr JustinClift, I believe that the more we attract new forms of developers better, if it is not Fedora and do not have Google OpenID 2 it can register at Gluster Project conected from FreeIPA.
16:40 firemanxbr JustinClift, for example: http://www.freeipa.org/index.php?title=Spec​ial:OpenIDLogin&returnto=Documentation
16:41 firemanxbr JustinClift, Fedora is greater upstream project and have great developers
16:42 JustinClift Cool
16:42 gem joined #gluster-dev
16:42 JustinClift You should get an email with Rackspace details.  Please try them out and confirm that it's working ok. :)
16:44 rafi joined #gluster-dev
16:45 firemanxbr JustinClift, I received :D
16:47 JustinClift I gave you admin permission in there on several things.  Please try out VM create + DNS entry create, to make sure it's working ok
16:49 rafi joined #gluster-dev
16:50 firemanxbr Justin Clift, Okay, I'm looking the vms and I go create a new vm for new Gerrit Version, we can testing this new environment isolated
16:52 firemanxbr JustinClift, I don't see the vm: review.gluster.org ?
16:58 JustinClift Yeah, it's not in there
16:58 JustinClift review.gluster.org is not in Rackspace.  It's an old VM with another hosting place.
16:58 JustinClift We want to move it into Rackspace ;)
16:59 JustinClift I will give you access to review.gluster.org in a few minutes.  I am writing an important email I need to send about some other problem first. :)
17:00 JustinClift cd
17:00 JustinClift cd tmpo
17:00 JustinClift Oops
17:01 firemanxbr JustinClift, no problem :D
17:02 firemanxbr JustinClift, I have one meeting in my working, I believe return in few hours :)
17:03 firemanxbr JustinClift, I'll be here, today I will perform some tests: D
17:05 JustinClift Cool :)
17:16 JustinClift k, email about the problem I was working on
17:18 jobewan joined #gluster-dev
17:24 bfoster joined #gluster-dev
17:24 kkeithley glusterfs-cli subpackage is being deprecated in downstream?
17:27 JustinClift kkeithley: Ask in downstream channel?
17:29 JustinClift Hmmm... I wonder if the uss.t problem is because it's getting run from a non-interactive shell...?
17:30 kkeithley it's a statement, not a question.
17:30 kkeithley The implied question is: should we do the same?
17:32 * JustinClift shrugs
17:34 kkeithley IIRC we created -cli because it was needed to separate server-side and client-side RPMs for downstream — so we could ship client-side in RHEL
17:34 kkeithley Now it's not needed any more?
17:34 JustinClift I really have no idea.  Ask on -devel I guess. :)
17:34 JustinClift ML I mean :)
17:40 kkeithley changelog in Fedora dist-git says it was to simplify dependencies for vdsm
17:40 kkeithley I guess we leave it as is. downstream can do whatever they want.
17:41 JustinClift Maybe ask the VDSM guys if anything's changed on their end?
17:41 JustinClift eg maybe something there drove the downstream change...
17:51 kkeithley never mind, it's more about RHEL/RHS channels and which channel glusterfs-cli is in.
17:52 rafi joined #gluster-dev
17:57 JustinClift kkeithley: This is the reverse debugging tool I was meaning earlier: http://undo-software.com/undodb/
17:58 kkeithley reverse debugging?   Okay, I'll take a look
17:58 JustinClift They have a customer testimonal from one of the PyPy guys on their page too
17:59 kkeithley reverse as in step backward or forward. Okay
18:56 ndevos kkeithley: glusterfs-cli was introduced with 3.6, iirc, but maybe it was done after downstream forked their version?
19:46 jdarcy joined #gluster-dev
19:47 jdarcy Hey everyone.  Can I get some reviews on http://review.gluster.org/#/c/9686/ please?  It's a backport to 3.6 of a test-script change, resolving one of two regression failures that are in our way.
19:59 JustinClift jdarcy: Trying to now, but having login issues with Gerrit
19:59 JustinClift :/
20:00 jdarcy Ugh.
20:00 JustinClift This time it let me inw
20:00 JustinClift in
20:01 JustinClift +2'd it
20:01 jdarcy W00t!  Thanks.
20:01 JustinClift :)
20:02 JustinClift jdarcy: Random curiosity: Have you come across UndoDB before? (reverse debugger)
20:04 JustinClift http://undo-software.com/undodb/  <-- possibly useful for "hard to debug" situations?
20:04 glusterbot JustinClift: <'s karma is now -5
20:05 jdarcy I think I read some articles about it a year or two back, never used it though.
20:05 jdarcy @--
20:06 JustinClift BusterGlot has issues ;)
20:06 jdarcy You mean --glusterbot right?
20:06 JustinClift jdarcy: Yep :)
20:06 jdarcy Or glusterbot-- perhaps.
20:06 glusterbot jdarcy: glusterbot's karma is now 1
20:06 JustinClift I'm calling it names.  Seems to help. :D
20:06 jdarcy Hehe.
20:07 JustinClift No worries about UndoDB.  Was thinking about it in relation to the weird client side memory problem, and mentioned it to Kaleb, but that's about it.
20:07 * JustinClift promptly forgets about it and moves on :)
20:08 kkeithley 3.4.0-6, glusterfs-cli RPM for simplified vdsm dependencies
20:08 jdarcy Looks useful as long as the problem is on one machine and not in the interaction between machines.
20:08 jdarcy s/machine/process/
20:12 JustinClift Yeah
21:11 firemanxbr_ joined #gluster-dev
21:52 shaunm joined #gluster-dev
22:38 badone_ joined #gluster-dev
23:24 badone_ joined #gluster-dev

| Channels | #gluster-dev index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary