Perl 6 - the future is here, just unevenly distributed

IRC log for #gluster-dev, 2015-02-25

| Channels | #gluster-dev index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
00:09 kkeithley_ shyam: do you know the magic for bypassing checkpatch.pl? Or relaxing the rules?  something I can put in ./.checkpatch.conf?  I'm trying to update my file in an existing patch. checkpatch.pl must have already been bypassed for it somehow.
00:10 kkeithley_ anyone: ^^^^ >'
00:20 JustinClift search wiki?
00:20 JustinClift This is definitely the kind of info we should have on there
00:21 JustinClift If not already, then as soon as possible
00:21 JustinClift kkeithley_: No hits on "checkpatch" on the wiki at all
00:22 kkeithley_ yeah
00:23 kkeithley_ there's logic in it to read a .checkpatch.conf file, but my perl is too rusty (and I don't really want to derust anything related to perl unless it's an axe to hack it to pieces.)
00:24 * JustinClift agrees fully
00:24 kkeithley_ @later ask ndevos do you know about .checkpatch.conf? Or how to relax checkpatch.pl checks?
00:24 JustinClift kkeithley_: git blame says checkpatch is a Harsha thing
00:24 kkeithley_ c'mon glusterbot, you can do it
00:25 JustinClift I think "blame" is the right word here :)
00:25 kkeithley_ definitely
00:40 krypton joined #gluster-dev
01:12 bala joined #gluster-dev
01:21 kbyrne joined #gluster-dev
01:28 _Bryan_ joined #gluster-dev
01:52 bala joined #gluster-dev
01:52 krypton joined #gluster-dev
01:52 badone_ joined #gluster-dev
01:52 jobewan joined #gluster-dev
01:52 wushudoin joined #gluster-dev
01:52 ira joined #gluster-dev
01:52 bfoster joined #gluster-dev
01:52 shaunm joined #gluster-dev
01:52 owlbot joined #gluster-dev
01:52 ws2k3 joined #gluster-dev
01:52 glusterbot joined #gluster-dev
01:52 a2 joined #gluster-dev
01:52 purpleidea joined #gluster-dev
01:52 cvd-tyoung joined #gluster-dev
01:52 tdasilva joined #gluster-dev
01:52 xavih joined #gluster-dev
01:52 msvbhat joined #gluster-dev
01:52 nixpanic joined #gluster-dev
01:52 gothos joined #gluster-dev
01:52 JoeJulian joined #gluster-dev
01:52 mikedep333 joined #gluster-dev
01:52 [o__o] joined #gluster-dev
01:52 dlambrig joined #gluster-dev
01:52 johnmark joined #gluster-dev
01:52 kkeithley joined #gluster-dev
01:52 ndevos joined #gluster-dev
01:52 primusinterpares joined #gluster-dev
01:52 semiosis joined #gluster-dev
01:52 partner joined #gluster-dev
01:52 lkoranda joined #gluster-dev
01:52 suliba joined #gluster-dev
01:52 _Bryan_ joined #gluster-dev
02:04 sac`away joined #gluster-dev
02:16 sac`away joined #gluster-dev
02:48 ilbot3 joined #gluster-dev
02:48 Topic for #gluster-dev is now Gluster Development Channel - http://gluster.org | For general chat go to #gluster | Patches - http://review.gluster.org/ | Channel Logs - https://botbot.me/freenode/gluster-dev/ & http://irclog.perlgeek.de/gluster-dev/
02:56 aravindavk joined #gluster-dev
03:20 rjoseph joined #gluster-dev
03:44 nishanth joined #gluster-dev
03:47 atinmu joined #gluster-dev
03:48 prasanth_ joined #gluster-dev
03:49 itisravi joined #gluster-dev
04:02 shubhendu joined #gluster-dev
04:06 jobewan joined #gluster-dev
04:09 gem joined #gluster-dev
04:17 soumya joined #gluster-dev
04:35 anoopcs joined #gluster-dev
04:36 jiffin joined #gluster-dev
04:37 badone__ joined #gluster-dev
04:41 deepakcs joined #gluster-dev
04:44 aravindavk joined #gluster-dev
04:44 ppai joined #gluster-dev
04:48 ndarshan joined #gluster-dev
04:58 rafi joined #gluster-dev
05:09 lalatenduM joined #gluster-dev
05:24 jobewan joined #gluster-dev
05:24 rjoseph joined #gluster-dev
05:32 Manikandan joined #gluster-dev
05:32 Manikandan_ joined #gluster-dev
05:38 kdhananjay joined #gluster-dev
05:40 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
05:41 anrao joined #gluster-dev
05:47 spandit joined #gluster-dev
05:50 kshlm joined #gluster-dev
05:58 overclk joined #gluster-dev
06:00 vimal joined #gluster-dev
06:01 ppai joined #gluster-dev
06:14 raghu joined #gluster-dev
06:35 kanagaraj joined #gluster-dev
06:48 aravindavk joined #gluster-dev
06:49 rjoseph joined #gluster-dev
06:51 atinmu joined #gluster-dev
06:56 nkhare joined #gluster-dev
07:00 lalatenduM joined #gluster-dev
07:02 spandit joined #gluster-dev
07:02 lalatenduM joined #gluster-dev
07:09 prasanth_ joined #gluster-dev
07:13 soumya joined #gluster-dev
07:24 atinmu joined #gluster-dev
07:25 bala joined #gluster-dev
07:34 rjoseph joined #gluster-dev
07:40 soumya joined #gluster-dev
07:46 spandit joined #gluster-dev
08:30 soumya_ joined #gluster-dev
08:33 pranithk joined #gluster-dev
08:38 prasanth_ joined #gluster-dev
09:05 lalatenduM I am trying to run regression tests in a CentOS7 VM,  I am installing gluster from git repo. DO I need to run "./configure" with any argument of as it is?
09:05 lalatenduM JustinClift, ndevos pranithk ^^
09:06 lalatenduM s/of/or/
09:06 ndevos lalatenduM: no, the defaults should be fine
09:06 lalatenduM ndevos, thanks
09:06 lalatenduM ndevos++
09:06 glusterbot lalatenduM: ndevos's karma is now 86
09:07 ndevos lalatenduM: you may be missing some new buildrequires though, userspace-rcu? check the .spec for the correct package name :)
09:32 ppai joined #gluster-dev
09:34 lalatenduM ndevos, yup, u r right, it took 4 attempts http://www.fpaste.org/190176/56840142/
09:34 lalatenduM ndevos, it is out dated I think http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Development_Work_Flow
09:36 ndevos lalatenduM: why do we duplicate things that much? I asked KP to update http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Building_GlusterFS for the userspace-rcu parts
09:36 * ndevos did not check if that was done though
09:36 Manikandan joined #gluster-dev
09:37 soumya__ joined #gluster-dev
09:38 lalatenduM ndevos, ahh we need to link it to the dev workflow then
09:38 lalatenduM I did not find the doc when I was going through http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Development_Work_Flow
09:39 ndevos lalatenduM: yeah, link them, combine them, whatever?
09:44 lalatenduM ndevos, yeah linked them, I will take a look later to combine them
09:44 ndevos lalatenduM++ thanks!
09:44 glusterbot ndevos: lalatenduM's karma is now 64
09:48 ndevos lalatenduM: there seems to be an issue with centos-5 builds... the %{?rhel} macro does not expand to anything, and that causes wrong options in the .spec (lvm2-devel is not available on el5)
09:48 ndevos lalatenduM: do you happen to have a centos-5 system available to run a test-build?
09:51 pranithk joined #gluster-dev
09:56 lalatenduM ndevos, I dont have right now, but I can get one in an automated way (within next 30 mins)
09:58 ndevos lalatenduM: I'd appreciate it if you can do that for me - I dont know when I would find the time for it...
10:04 lalatenduM ndevos, I will try for sure, will let you know
10:05 ndevos lalatenduM++ thanks again :)
10:05 glusterbot ndevos: lalatenduM's karma is now 65
10:07 anoopcs ndevos++
10:07 glusterbot anoopcs: ndevos's karma is now 87
10:11 ndevos hi hagarth: will you host the community meeting today?
10:19 spandit joined #gluster-dev
10:21 hagarth ndevos: hi, busy with a bunch of things .. mind running it?
10:23 ndevos hagarth: yeah, I can do that
10:23 ndevos we need to setup the meeting rotation device
10:23 hagarth ndevos: yes, let's talk about it in our next meeting
10:23 hagarth which reminds me that I still need to send out an invite for that instance :)
10:25 ndevos hagarth: and I think I won my bet? or was the hyperconvergence (?) feature page ready last week?
10:25 hagarth ndevos: I didn't attend last week's meeting and I still have some time before the meeting this week ;)
10:25 ndevos hagarth: oh, thats a nice excuse! :D
10:33 ndevos REMINDER: in about 90 minutes from now, the weekly Gluster Community meeting starts in #gluster-meeting
10:50 itisravi joined #gluster-dev
10:53 firemanxbr joined #gluster-dev
10:58 pranithk joined #gluster-dev
11:12 spandit joined #gluster-dev
11:22 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
11:43 ndevos hey rafi, have you seen bug 1195907 already?
11:43 glusterbot Bug https://bugzilla.redhat.com:443/show_bug.cgi?id=1195907 low, unspecified, ---, bugs, NEW , RDMA mount fails for unprivileged user without cap_net_bind_service
11:44 rafi ndevos: yes
11:44 rafi ndevos: i'm looking into this
11:44 ndevos rafi: okay, just checking, thanks :)
11:44 rafi ndevos: :) np
11:50 ndevos hey kshlm: do you know if userspace-rcu-devel is available for rhel/epel 5?
11:50 ndevos nightly builds fail because of the missing dependency... https://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/devos/glusterfs/epel-5-i386/glusterfs-3.7dev-0.611.git729428a.autobuild/root.log
11:51 kshlm ndevos, nope.
11:52 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
11:52 kshlm https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/userspace-rcu lists it as available only for epel6 and above.
11:53 ndevos kshlm: hmm, any suggestion how we should handle that? only build client-side bits for el5, or have no el5 packages for 3.7+ ?
11:54 itisravi joined #gluster-dev
11:55 kshlm IMHO, dropping el5 completely would be the best way.
11:55 ndevos hmm, I guess that needs a broader discussion...
11:55 kshlm We could try getting client packages for el5, but AFAIK, our build system cannot just build the client bits.
11:56 ndevos well, yeah, that would be a nice intermediate solution
11:56 kshlm It was the rpmbuild process which did the package split after building the complete project.
11:56 ndevos or, we need to package userspace-rcu for epel-5?
11:56 kshlm I don't know.
11:57 ndevos have you tried building it on el5 yet? would you be willing to become maintainer for it in epel-5?
11:57 kshlm Though it is possible to build packages for el5, the epel maintainers for userspace-rcu haven't done it.
11:57 ndevos they might not have the interest, but if we need it, we may also need to put some work in it?
11:58 soumya_ joined #gluster-dev
11:59 kshlm We can get the conversation started with the maintainers.
12:00 ndevos REMINDER: Gluster Community Meeting starts now in #gluster-meeting
12:00 kshlm How can I reach out to them? Is it possible on apps.fedoraproject.org?
12:00 ndevos kshlm: yes please, send an email to userspace-rcu-owner@fedoraproject.org
12:00 jdarcy joined #gluster-dev
12:01 kshlm ndevos, thanks. I will.
12:04 Apeksha joined #gluster-dev
12:05 shyam1 joined #gluster-dev
12:05 kshlm ndevos, I'm hoping glusterfs-owner@fedoraproject.org exists as well. I want to include the GlusterFS maintainers in the mail as well.
12:08 lalatenduM ndevos, kshlm yeah I noticed it too while trying to build on el5 (userspace-rcu)
12:09 ira joined #gluster-dev
12:09 lalatenduM hchiramm, hagarth if you guys have no objection , I can merge http://review.gluster.org/#/c/9727/
12:10 hagarth lalatenduM: go ahead!
12:10 hchiramm lalatenduM, will review it later
12:10 lalatenduM hchiramm, ok will wait for you
12:10 lalatenduM hagarth, tahnsk
12:10 lalatenduM thanks*
12:12 pranithk left #gluster-dev
12:14 Debloper joined #gluster-dev
12:14 lalatenduM ndevos, on el5 , here are the packages missing "No package userspace-rcu-devel available" and "No package lvm2-devel available."
12:18 lalatenduM kshlm++ for volunteering for  userspace-rcu , and  glusterfs-owner@fedoraproject.org works too . I got the mail through it
12:18 glusterbot lalatenduM: kshlm's karma is now 7
12:28 hchiramm lalatenduM, do u want me to merge that >
12:28 lalatenduM hchiramm, sure :)
12:28 hchiramm lalatenduM, merged :)
12:29 lalatenduM hchiramm++
12:29 glusterbot lalatenduM: hchiramm's karma is now 16
12:38 hchiramm lalatenduM, http://review.gluster.org/#/c/8870/
12:38 hchiramm can u review above one ?
12:38 lalatenduM hchiramm, sure
12:39 hchiramm lalatenduM, thanks :
12:58 anoopcs joined #gluster-dev
13:13 rjoseph joined #gluster-dev
13:18 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
13:27 suliba joined #gluster-dev
13:30 hchiramm lalatenduM, please dont forget
13:31 hchiramm to review http://review.gluster.org/#/c/8870/  .. its there for some time now :
13:31 lalatenduM hchiramm, will do it now
13:37 lalatenduM hchiramm, I have a review comment for the patch
13:55 hchiramm lalatenduM++ thanks for the review
13:55 glusterbot hchiramm: lalatenduM's karma is now 66
13:58 ndevos hey, you -1 a review, but karma goes +1 ?
14:01 hchiramm just thought of appreciated the mind to review :)
14:01 hchiramm appreciated/appreciating :)
14:01 lalatenduM :)
14:02 lalatenduM hchiramm, we can use ndevos to review that patch :)
14:02 hchiramm always welcome ndevos :)
14:04 aravindavk joined #gluster-dev
14:08 ndevos lalatenduM, hchiramm: will you review my patches too then?
14:09 lalatenduM ndevos, lol .  do you want me to? not sure if it will be helpful at all
14:10 ndevos any of http://review.gluster.org/#/q/owner:%22Niels+de+Vos%22+status:open,n,z would do :D
14:10 hchiramm ndevos, sure..  :)
14:10 * hchiramm afk
14:11 ndevos you may skip the ones that have a [x]
14:11 ndevos hchiramm: yeah, I understand, you need to concentrate on those patches ;-)
14:11 hchiramm true.. lot many things in parallel :)
14:12 hchiramm thanks for the inputs there :)
14:12 hchiramm ndevos++
14:12 glusterbot hchiramm: ndevos's karma is now 88
14:13 lalatenduM ndevos, I dont know much of glusterfs's code (though I wanted to know) , so you know what I am trying to say :)
14:14 ndevos hchiramm++ lalatenduM++ thanks for trying :)
14:14 glusterbot ndevos: hchiramm's karma is now 17
14:14 glusterbot ndevos: lalatenduM's karma is now 67
14:15 lalatenduM :)
14:19 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
14:19 vipulnayyar joined #gluster-dev
14:19 nishanth joined #gluster-dev
14:35 JustinClift ndevos hagarth: We have 10 new slaves online in Rackspace
14:36 hagarth JustinClift: fantastic!
14:36 JustinClift Half of them are set to run regression tests and rpm building
14:36 JustinClift The other half are set to do smoke tests and rpm building
14:36 JustinClift It looks like smokes can be done on any of the regression test nodes too
14:36 ndevos JustinClift: nice!
14:37 JustinClift But, I've just set it to the new ones for now, so I can keep and eye on it for a while
14:37 JustinClift eg make sure they recover ok from failed builds, not just when things go ok
14:37 ndevos JustinClift: the rpmbuilding is pretty light weight, I do not think it should block builders long
14:37 JustinClift I've also disabled smoke runs on build.gluster.org, as it's cpu usage is _very_ high from Jenkins already, and that was before the new nodes where added
14:38 JustinClift ndevos: Yeah, lets find out :)
14:39 ndevos JustinClift: I also do not know if you have yum package/rpm cache enabled in /etc/mock/site-defaults.cfg (or whatever the filename is)
14:39 ndevos but maybe that would speed things up too
14:40 * JustinClift looks
14:41 JustinClift I don't remember adding anything like that to the building script ever, so prob not
14:42 JustinClift ndevos: yum_cache_enable = True is the default
14:43 JustinClift So, looks like it's already on
14:43 ndevos ah, ok :)
14:48 JustinClift We're through the smoke and rpm building tests backlog
14:49 JustinClift Going to leave 2 VM's dedicated to doing just those, and will enable regression testing for the rest
14:49 JustinClift That should mean we get the regression results _after_ the smoke/rpm building results
14:49 JustinClift We can tweak/adjust if 2 turns out to be not enough
14:50 * JustinClift also emailed Manu, asking if he wants to put some more NetBSD VM's online
14:50 JustinClift I'm glad the Rackspace account isn't tied to my account
14:50 JustinClift johnmark: http://build.gluster.org  <-- Your next Rackspace bill is likely to be interesting.  Just a heads up. ;)
14:50 glusterbot JustinClift: <'s karma is now -6
14:51 JustinClift <++
14:51 glusterbot JustinClift: <'s karma is now -5
14:57 rafi joined #gluster-dev
14:59 deepakcs joined #gluster-dev
15:12 JustinClift Hmmm, errors on the new slaves about /var/lib/glusterd
15:12 * JustinClift wonders if the rpm building or smoke tests did anything to it
15:14 soumya|afk joined #gluster-dev
15:23 hagarth JustinClift: http://build.gluster.org/job/smoke/13477/console  -- hit the /var/lib/glusterd failure again
15:31 JustinClift It's all slave44
15:31 hagarth JustinClift: right
15:31 JustinClift Something is resetting that directoyy perms
15:32 JustinClift Hmmm, I'm going to separeate the smoke and regression running VM';s
15:32 JustinClift safer
15:32 JustinClift Gah, it's not all slave44
15:34 JustinClift I'm going to cheat and put a directory fixing hack into the smoke and rpm building runs
15:34 JustinClift into their control script
15:47 kshlm joined #gluster-dev
16:18 Gaurav_ joined #gluster-dev
16:20 johnmark JustinClift: uh, thanks
16:22 kkeithley1 joined #gluster-dev
16:26 vipulnayyar joined #gluster-dev
16:30 JustinClift hagarth: We can scrub out the "JustinClift to engage the board" item.  Got told to go via JoeJulian instead
16:30 JustinClift Which defeats the entire point ;)
16:30 hagarth JustinClift: ok :)
16:31 johnmark JustinClift: ugh no. I said engage with JoeJulian as a meansof engaging with the board
16:32 JustinClift johnmark: ???
16:32 johnmark JustinClift: same goal, differing methods
16:32 JustinClift I guess I'm being thick again
16:33 johnmark JustinClift: no worries. not trying to make things too complicated
16:45 jobewan joined #gluster-dev
16:48 kkeithley_ Another reason to drop el5.  userspace-rcu isn't available in epel-5.
16:49 gem joined #gluster-dev
16:50 kkeithley_ ndevos: do you you know any magic way to disable or relax checkpatch.pl? I'm trying to update the patch with he HA script. (Meghana got it past checkpatch.pl somehow.)
17:12 kkeithley_ shyam: do you know the magic for bypassing checkpatch.pl? Or relaxing the rules?  something I can put in ./.checkpatch.conf?  I'm trying to update my file in an existing patch. checkpatch.pl must have already been bypassed for it somehow.
17:26 shyam1 kkeithley_: nope
17:27 shyam1 kkeithley_:possibly the older patch came in before the checkpatch?
17:33 kkeithley_ dunno, but it seems unlikely. checking...
17:35 kkeithley_ no, first submitted Feb 9 (this year)
17:37 JustinClift kkeithley_: Email Harsha :)
17:40 lalatenduM joined #gluster-dev
17:40 Gaurav_ joined #gluster-dev
17:45 shyam1 kkeithley_: What is checkpatch exactly complaining about?
17:47 kkeithley_ I have to run the rfc.sh again to see. hang on
17:49 JustinClift hagarth: In theory the smoke test failures shouldn't happen again on the new nodes.
17:49 JustinClift Not from those permission denied errors anyway
17:49 hagarth JustinClift: cool, thanks
17:49 kkeithley_ mainly lines over 80 chars, (which I'd not be inclined to "fix")
17:54 shyam1 kkeithley_: FWIW I faced this with the MT epoll patch but that was submitted before the rfc.sh so I had to correct the same... This one should not happen, did you _touch_ any of those lines? Well I guess you would have debugged all that, I do not have any shortcuts here :(
17:56 vipulnayyar joined #gluster-dev
17:57 kkeithley_ sigh.  Actually long lines are just warnings, it was lines (comments mainly) with trailing whitespace.
17:58 shyam1 kkeithley_: so that is resolved then :)
18:01 kkeithley_ not really. userspace-rcu change now requires rebasing the patch, which fails in gerrit and failed in my tree.
18:05 _Bryan_ joined #gluster-dev
18:14 deepakcs joined #gluster-dev
18:27 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
18:37 wushudoin| joined #gluster-dev
19:25 ndevos kkeithley_: I think you can post patches by manually pushing the branch to Gerrit, for Wireshark changes I use "git-review" to do that
19:31 kkeithley_ it's just line > 80 chars, which is only a warning and can be ignored, but it's a moot point atm. patch needs rebased but gerrit won't do it, and it blew up when I did it manually. Maybe I'll try again in a bit
19:32 hchiramm__ ndevos, do u mean , u skip rfc.sh when submitting the patch
19:36 kkeithley_ so the gfapi symbol patch for 3.6 is failing regression. Getting random/spurious failures in nfs.t, and pretty consistently in bugs/bug-1176062.t which is a disperse test that gfapi symbols can't possibly have an effect on.  On top of that bug-1176062 isn't in the main branch? Not even by another name. And I don't like the way it's written
19:39 kkeithley_ hchiramm__: yeah, let's not advertise that
19:40 hchiramm__ oh.. didnt know that :) but may come handy at one stage
19:40 kkeithley_ indeed. ;-)
19:40 hchiramm__ :)
19:41 hchiramm__ ndevos++ kkeithley++
19:41 glusterbot hchiramm__: ndevos's karma is now 89
19:41 glusterbot hchiramm__: kkeithley's karma is now 52
19:42 * kkeithley_ wonders why .../bugs/bug-1176062.t in release-3.6 isn't in .../bugs/disperse/... somewhere? xavih?
19:46 dlambrig if a patch commits a *.t file to directory to the tests/ subdirectory, will it automatically be run as part of ./run_tests.sh and friends? Or is there a master lists of regression tests and only those are run?
19:47 kkeithley_ it's automatically run
19:47 * kkeithley_ wonders why .../bugs/bug-1176062.t in release-3.6 isn't in .../bugs/disperse/... somewhere on the main branch? xavih?
19:47 dlambrig k, won't include it, thx kaleb.
19:50 kkeithley_ well, if you're submitting a fix for a bug and you have a test, why wouldn't you include it?
19:51 ndevos hchiramm__: maybe that is the test that got removed because of the epoll race issues?
19:52 ndevos hchiramm__: that would be bug 1192114
19:52 glusterbot Bug https://bugzilla.redhat.com:443/show_bug.cgi?id=1192114 unspecified, unspecified, ---, srangana, POST , edge-triggered epoll breaks rpc-throttling
19:52 dlambrig Herr Keithley - because its a feature with 4 fixes. They are being submitted separately. When time for merge comes, we will add the tests.
19:52 hchiramm__ ndevos, intended for me or kkeithley ? :)
19:52 ndevos hchiramm__: ah, probaly for kkeithley_ :)
19:53 hchiramm__ :)
19:53 ndevos hchiramm__: I saw gfapi and had to think of you
19:53 hchiramm__ oh.. ok :) nw though
19:54 kkeithley_ Oui, monsieur Lambright
20:48 shyam1 ndevos: That removal was on master
20:48 shyam1 ndevos: not 3.6
20:48 shyam1 ^^^^ i.e the bug 1192114
20:48 glusterbot Bug https://bugzilla.redhat.com:443/show_bug.cgi?id=1192114 unspecified, unspecified, ---, srangana, POST , edge-triggered epoll breaks rpc-throttling
20:59 lalatenduM joined #gluster-dev
21:07 badone_ joined #gluster-dev
21:08 ndevos shyam1: right, and the same issue is in 3.6 too? was the epoll+et backported?
21:14 JustinClift Guys, do we have any interest in a regression host that's hung on tests/basic/afr/split-brain-healing.t ?
21:15 JustinClift I can either reboot it and put it back in service, or leave it for someone to look into
21:15 JustinClift Trying to figure out which way to go :)
21:16 JustinClift It's a master branch run, if that makes a difference
21:17 lalatenduM ndevos, http://review.gluster.org/#/c/9749/ is ready to be cherry picked :)
21:18 ndevos lalatenduM: done :)
21:18 lalatenduM ndevos++
21:18 glusterbot lalatenduM: ndevos's karma is now 90
21:18 lalatenduM :)
21:19 ndevos lalatenduM++ hchiramm++
21:19 glusterbot ndevos: lalatenduM's karma is now 68
21:19 glusterbot ndevos: hchiramm's karma is now 18
21:20 ndevos lalatenduM: bug 1195947 is still something you can think about ;)
21:20 glusterbot Bug https://bugzilla.redhat.com:443/show_bug.cgi?id=1195947 medium, high, ---, bugs, NEW , Reduce the contents of dependencies from glusterfs-api
21:22 lalatenduM ndevos, looks interesting to me , but I am in a soup :/ right now
21:22 dlambrig left #gluster-dev
21:23 lalatenduM ndevos, bcz moving from one role to another
21:24 ndevos lalatenduM: yeah, sure, but any thoughts on it from you would be welcome :)
21:24 ndevos or from hchiramm or kkeithley for that matter!
21:24 lalatenduM ndevos, sure :)
21:29 JustinClift Hmmm, seems like our "version and compare" jenkins test barfs for non-public bugs.  eg http://build.gluster.org/job/compare-bug-version-and-git-branch/3473/console
21:31 shyam1 ndevos: MT epoll is _not_ backported to 3.6
21:32 JustinClift Yeah.  We'd be on 3.6.9 before stability kinda happened if we did that... ;)
21:32 ndevos shyam1: okay, so those 3.6 issues are something else :)
21:34 ndevos JustinClift: yes, that is expected, community bugs need to be open
21:46 JustinClift ndevos: Cool.  I've asked in the BZ if it can be opened.  The patches it references are all in Gerrit anyway.  Aravinda will prob make it public then. :)
21:48 ndevos JustinClift: ok
22:15 JustinClift I'm going to sign off for the night.
22:15 JustinClift People will have to re-trigger their failed regression runs themselves till tomorrow.
22:16 JustinClift 'nite all

| Channels | #gluster-dev index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary