Perl 6 - the future is here, just unevenly distributed

IRC log for #gluster-dev, 2015-04-08

| Channels | #gluster-dev index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
01:05 bala joined #gluster-dev
01:29 shyam joined #gluster-dev
01:50 dlambrig_ joined #gluster-dev
02:00 tdasilva joined #gluster-dev
02:06 sankarshan_away joined #gluster-dev
02:27 pranithk joined #gluster-dev
02:27 dlambrig_ joined #gluster-dev
02:43 kdhananjay joined #gluster-dev
02:53 owlbot joined #gluster-dev
02:56 dlambrig_ joined #gluster-dev
03:44 lalatenduM joined #gluster-dev
03:49 ira joined #gluster-dev
03:58 hchiramm joined #gluster-dev
03:58 kkeithley1 joined #gluster-dev
03:59 purpleidea joined #gluster-dev
04:01 dlambrig_ joined #gluster-dev
04:03 kkeithley1 joined #gluster-dev
04:07 kanagaraj joined #gluster-dev
04:11 nkhare joined #gluster-dev
04:11 rafi joined #gluster-dev
04:16 atinmu joined #gluster-dev
04:18 nishanth joined #gluster-dev
04:25 ppai joined #gluster-dev
04:34 anoopcs joined #gluster-dev
04:36 jiffin joined #gluster-dev
04:43 ndarshan joined #gluster-dev
04:54 rafi ndevos: did you had chance to read the thread https://www.mail-archive.com/glust​er-devel@gluster.org/msg03522.html ?
05:00 ndevos rafi: ah, yes, I remember that email
05:00 rafi ndevos: yesterday i was talking about this
05:01 ndevos rafi: yes, I think something like that makes sense
05:02 rafi ndevos: Your suggestions about the same would be great
05:02 ndevos rafi: sure, I'll think a little about it and will respond to the email
05:03 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
05:03 rafi ndevos: that would be great :)
05:04 ndevos rafi: I'll put it on my TODO for one of these days, latest early next week - is that ok?
05:05 rafi ndevos: ya .
05:06 soumya_ joined #gluster-dev
05:19 pppp joined #gluster-dev
05:20 deepakcs joined #gluster-dev
05:22 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
05:32 itisravi joined #gluster-dev
05:38 Manikandan_ joined #gluster-dev
05:38 pranithk joined #gluster-dev
05:41 hchiramm_ joined #gluster-dev
05:42 spandit joined #gluster-dev
05:45 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
05:47 gem joined #gluster-dev
05:47 lalatenduM joined #gluster-dev
05:48 pppp joined #gluster-dev
05:50 soumya_ joined #gluster-dev
06:00 vimal joined #gluster-dev
06:02 kdhananjay joined #gluster-dev
06:13 kshlm joined #gluster-dev
06:28 soumya_ joined #gluster-dev
06:37 overclk joined #gluster-dev
07:04 anrao joined #gluster-dev
07:04 DV joined #gluster-dev
07:04 atinmu joined #gluster-dev
07:15 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
07:16 raghu joined #gluster-dev
07:31 hchiramm_ lalatenduM++ Thanks!!
07:31 glusterbot hchiramm_: lalatenduM's karma is now 78
07:32 hchiramm_ kkeithley++ Thanks
07:32 glusterbot hchiramm_: kkeithley's karma is now 62
07:32 lalatenduM hchiramm, you too hchiramm++
07:32 glusterbot lalatenduM: hchiramm's karma is now 26
07:33 atinmu joined #gluster-dev
07:57 nkhare joined #gluster-dev
08:03 pranithk joined #gluster-dev
08:09 purpleidea joined #gluster-dev
08:09 pppp joined #gluster-dev
08:11 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
08:31 owlbot joined #gluster-dev
08:38 soumya_ joined #gluster-dev
08:43 bala joined #gluster-dev
08:53 pranithk joined #gluster-dev
09:00 ndarshan joined #gluster-dev
09:00 hagarth raghu, overclk: RPM builds are failing due to this - bit-rot-common.h:20:36: error: bit-rot-object-version.h: No such file or directory
09:02 DV joined #gluster-dev
09:05 atinmu joined #gluster-dev
09:18 anrao joined #gluster-dev
09:27 purpleidea joined #gluster-dev
09:28 raghu hagarth: overclk has sent a patch (http://review.gluster.org/#/c/10160/). I have reviewed it and gave +2
09:42 dlambrig_ joined #gluster-dev
09:44 overclk raghu, thanks! I'm tempted to merge it, but I don't want to merge my own patch no matter how simple it is ;)
09:45 atinmu joined #gluster-dev
09:45 raghu overclk++
09:45 glusterbot raghu: overclk's karma is now 1
09:47 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
09:54 hchiramm_ http://glustermm-tigert.rhcloud.com/
09:54 hchiramm_ hagarth, ^^
09:55 hchiramm_ sankarshan_, ^^
09:55 sankarshan_ hchiramm,  thanks
09:57 Leildin joined #gluster-dev
10:04 * tigert notices a hilight
10:05 * tigert thinks current gluster.org is more recent than glustermm-tigert
10:05 tigert or they are more or less the same
10:06 hchiramm_ tigert++ yeah :)
10:06 glusterbot hchiramm_: tigert's karma is now 2
10:08 tigert ha, there is a bug
10:08 tigert in the discovery education spotlight page, the logo path is broken
10:08 * tigert fixes
10:09 pppp joined #gluster-dev
10:10 hchiramm_ tigert, thanks :)
10:10 tigert let's see if the fix gets automatically deployed too
10:12 tigert mm
10:13 tigert so speaking of the website
10:14 tigert I am a thinking having content in markdown would be easier than authoring html directly (and without any framework)
10:14 tigert so I am a bit worried about what Debloper has been proposing
10:14 sankarshan_ tigert,  would it be possible for you to respond to that thread - it does need a bit more voices/
10:15 sankarshan_ I think it is on gluster-users@
10:15 tigert oh ok
10:15 tigert on that list :P
10:15 sankarshan_ is there another list with the same conversation? :)
10:15 tigert I was confused it'd be on -infra
10:15 tigert thansk for the pointer
10:16 sankarshan_ I think it should be on infra, but as far as I know, it isn't
10:17 * sankarshan_ will be back online in a while.
10:18 tigert I am a bit worried about also talking about a low entry of contributions, and having very few replies to the subject in the list
10:19 tigert the height of entry barrier is not that significant if there are not many people trying to climb over it
10:19 soumya_ joined #gluster-dev
10:20 tigert what I am fearing is we change to something different, lose the templating and other utilities from the static generator and have the same number (zero) contributors as now
10:28 * hagarth checks Debloper's repo
10:30 tigert it's just html and what I am mostly concerned about is the content
10:30 tigert rewriting the same thing in static html is not going to change the basic issue
10:31 pranithk joined #gluster-dev
10:32 tigert which I think is that we are just focused on the code and releases and have less cycles for the community itself
10:32 tigert which of course is centered around he code
10:45 aravindavk joined #gluster-dev
10:45 overclk hagarth, http://review.gluster.org/#/c/10160/
10:46 hagarth tigert: I certainly think you should voice your thoughts on the gluster-users thread.
10:46 hagarth overclk: any idea if smoke did run for this one?
10:47 hagarth tigert: as far as I am concerned, we need the below:
10:47 hagarth 1. easier for us to find & locate content on the website - boils down to usability
10:48 hagarth 2. easier for us to contribute changes
10:48 hagarth 3. ease of deployment
10:48 overclk hagarth, yes: http://build.gluster.org/job/smoke/15234/
10:48 hagarth overclk: ah ok, netbsd-smoke seems to be the bottleneck
10:48 hagarth hence GBS has not yet voted on the change
10:48 hagarth s/voted/commented/
10:49 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
10:49 hagarth tigert: </end of requirements>
10:52 overclk hagarth, yeh, keeping a watch.
10:52 hagarth overclk: have merged 10160
10:54 overclk hagarth, thanks!
11:03 soumya_ joined #gluster-dev
11:08 * tigert intends to voice the concerns
11:31 Debloper joined #gluster-dev
11:39 JustinClift ndevos: Are you able to run the meeting today?
11:39 pranithk left #gluster-dev
11:39 ndevos JustinClift: yep
11:39 JustinClift Thanks.  I've started to fill out the etherpad, but I need to do something else right now so you'll probl need to finish it off. ;)
11:41 ndevos REMINDER: in 20 minutes from now, the weekly Gluster Community Meeting will start in #gluster-meeting
11:43 soumya_ joined #gluster-dev
11:58 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
12:00 ndevos REMINDER: the weekly Gluster Community Meeting starts now in #gluster-meeting
12:01 jdarcy joined #gluster-dev
12:02 rjoseph joined #gluster-dev
12:02 pranithk joined #gluster-dev
12:08 pranithk left #gluster-dev
12:10 anoopcs joined #gluster-dev
12:27 jarrpa joined #gluster-dev
12:27 jarrpa General ping: anyone know who handles the nightly build automations for GlusterFS 3.7? :)
12:28 jarrpa purpleidea, lalatenduM, kkeithley_: ^^
12:28 kkeithley_ ndevos is the one who does thos
12:28 kkeithley_ e
12:29 hchiramm_ jarrpa, yeah, ndevos do that
12:31 jarrpa Cool, thanks!
12:31 jarrpa ndevos: ping :)
12:31 ndevos jarrpa: it's meeting time now, back in 30 minutes :)
12:31 hchiramm_ jarrpa, he is busy in gluster-meeting
12:32 jarrpa I should know that, yes. Sorry!
12:43 rjoseph joined #gluster-dev
12:47 Manikandan_ joined #gluster-dev
12:49 _Bryan_ joined #gluster-dev
12:54 DV__ joined #gluster-dev
12:57 shyam joined #gluster-dev
13:04 JustinClift jdarcy: Looking at the spurious failure list...
13:04 JustinClift There's one that I _think_ you wrote stuff there for? tests/bugs/disperse/bug-1161886.t
13:04 JustinClift "Fails tests 13-16 because of missing inode.h when building (possibly unnecessary) helper C program"
13:04 JustinClift Is that a missing dependency that should be installed on the regression test slaves?
13:05 jdarcy That's a really weird one.  It doesn't happen every time.
13:05 jdarcy It's *our* inode.h, which should totally be present long before the test needs it, but somehow it fails to find it once in a while.
13:06 overclk joined #gluster-dev
13:06 JustinClift Gotcha
13:07 JustinClift jdarcy: Tx.  That means it's not a new dep I didn't know about. ;)
13:07 jdarcy Not AFAIK.
13:13 ndevos hey jarrpa, what about the nightly builds?
13:17 jarrpa ndevos: I was wondering if your automation systme could also do rebuilds of Samba on a nightly basis.
13:17 raghu joined #gluster-dev
13:19 ndevos jarrpa: its a Fedora COPR that does the build, you only need to upload an src.rpm somewhere and call copr-cli
13:19 jarrpa ndevos: I thought as much. Do you just have a cron job somewhere that calls copr-cli?
13:20 JustinClift shyam: ping... Wondering if you're investigating https://bugzilla.redhat.co​m/show_bug.cgi?id=1195415 ?
13:20 glusterbot Bug 1195415: unspecified, unspecified, ---, bugs, NEW , glusterfsd core dumps when cleanup and socket disconnect routines race
13:20 ndevos jarrpa: yes, this runs on build.gluster.org
13:20 ndevos jarrpa: https://forge.gluster.org/bugzap​pers/nightly-builds/trees/master contains the scripts that do the work
13:22 shyam JustinClift: No, Pranith was, Jeff was taking a stab yesterday at it
13:22 jarrpa ndevos: Sweet. If I can configure my COPR account properly, could I setup a similar job that runs on build.g.o for Samba? Biggest thing is that I want to make sure I'm building against the latest nightly gluster.
13:23 JustinClift shyam: Cool.  I just emailed you about it too, so ignore that. :)
13:23 ndevos jarrpa: you can add additional repositories where your COPR relies on, it can rely on the glusterfs/master branch repository
13:24 jarrpa ndevos: Already do that, it's just a matter of automating it to run nightly, preferably not form my laptop.
13:24 jarrpa *from
13:25 ndevos jarrpa: I guess I could run the COPR for samba too, I just need a script that builds an src.rpm
13:26 ndevos jarrpa: I can also get you an account on bluild.gluster.org, if you prefer that?
13:26 ndevos build, only one 'l'
13:26 jarrpa ndevos: Might be easier? I already have a download.g.o account. :)
13:27 ndevos jarrpa: oh, okay, well, there is no SSO or anything remotely like that
13:27 ndevos jarrpa: pass me a public ssh-key and I'll create an account for you?
13:28 jarrpa ndevos: Can do
13:28 ndevos or, actually, maybe misc or JustinClift could do that?
13:31 ndevos JustinClift: could you get jarrpa an account on build.gluster.org?
13:48 JustinClift JustinClift: Just saw this.  Yep.
13:48 JustinClift ndevos: Jenkins UI account, or ssh user account, or ssh user + wheel account, or ?
13:50 ndevos JustinClift: ssh user that can run cron jobs
14:03 jobewan joined #gluster-dev
14:03 dlambrig_ left #gluster-dev
14:04 kdhananjay joined #gluster-dev
14:05 JustinClift ndevos: k
14:06 jarrpa ndevos, JustinClift: Where hsuld I send my SSh key?
14:06 jarrpa *should
14:07 JustinClift jarrpa: You don't need to.
14:07 ndevos jarrpa: JustinClift knows better how to create users, its up to him :)
14:07 jarrpa Right-o. :)
14:07 ndevos JustinClift: I thought build.gluster.org was supposed to be ssh-key only?
14:08 JustinClift jarrpa: What's your email address?
14:08 jarrpa ndevos: He might be using my SSH key from download.gluster.org?
14:08 JustinClift Yep
14:08 jarrpa JustinClift: jarrpa@redhat.com
14:08 ndevos ah :)
14:09 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
14:12 wushudoin joined #gluster-dev
14:16 JustinClift jarrpa: Email sent to you with the details.  Do you have time right away to verify the login works?
14:16 jarrpa JustinClift: yup
14:17 jarrpa JustinClift: confirmed
14:20 shyam joined #gluster-dev
14:21 shyam joined #gluster-dev
14:23 JustinClift jarrpa: Thanks. :)_
14:27 deepakcs joined #gluster-dev
14:44 shyam joined #gluster-dev
14:47 lpabon joined #gluster-dev
15:25 shyam joined #gluster-dev
15:45 DV__ joined #gluster-dev
15:46 Manikandan joined #gluster-dev
15:58 kshlm joined #gluster-dev
16:17 misc JustinClift: any opinion on removing the wildcard in gluster.org dns ?
16:18 soumya_ joined #gluster-dev
16:32 JustinClift misc: I haven't noticed any change in stuff since when you did it.
16:45 hchiramm joined #gluster-dev
16:59 firemanxbr joined #gluster-dev
17:00 firemanxbr joined #gluster-dev
17:04 hchiramm joined #gluster-dev
17:06 misc JustinClift: because I didn't :)
17:17 JustinClift misc: Ahhh.  In that case, please do it, and we'll see if anything breaks. ;)
17:17 misc oki doki
17:36 purpleidea joined #gluster-dev
17:40 soumya joined #gluster-dev
17:41 purpleidea joined #gluster-dev
17:47 lalatenduM joined #gluster-dev
17:48 vipulnayyar joined #gluster-dev
18:07 purpleidea joined #gluster-dev
18:07 purpleidea joined #gluster-dev
18:32 anrao joined #gluster-dev
18:44 misc JustinClift: also, with the update of gerrit, is the server still as "no touch" ?
18:44 misc or we can start to deploy stuff on it ?
18:44 misc ( like... update )
18:47 shyam joined #gluster-dev
19:02 JustinClift misc: review.gluster.org itself?
19:02 JustinClift misc: Or the replacement hw?
19:03 JustinClift misc: With the current review.gluster.org, we can keep it up to date now. :)
19:03 JustinClift misc: We just have to remember the special treatment it needs at bootup.  Which we should put in the wiki actually.
19:03 misc JustinClift: well, i would want to start have salt reflect the current state
19:04 misc ie, convert existing stuff to salt
19:04 misc and have it part of our baseline config ( ie, openssh for root with key, etc )
19:04 misc ( and yum-cron )
19:06 purpleidea joined #gluster-dev
19:09 JustinClift misc: Looking at the Dell support site for ci-gluster.org, there are updates for the hw available.  New BIOS with "recommended" status, Backplane extender firmware marked "Urgent" (I'm unsure where our drives are plugged in atm), and so on.
19:10 JustinClift misc: We should probably apply this stuff... though I'm kind of wondering how since they seem to only provide Windows format updates. :(
19:12 misc JustinClift: url ?
19:12 JustinClift Our SAS RAID controller has an urgent firmware update available for it too. "Corrects issue with excessive PERC I/O timeouts and SATA SSDs falling offline under heavy I/O."
19:13 JustinClift http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/pro​duct-support/servicetag/64N9S22/drivers?s=BSD
19:13 JustinClift The 64N9S22 is the service tag for that box
19:14 * JustinClift hopes we don't need to put Win on it, just to update the firmware and stuff.  Irony right there. ;)
19:14 JustinClift Ahhhh, found the problem.  Seems to have pre-selected a Win OS.
19:14 Manikandan joined #gluster-dev
19:14 JustinClift Can be changed. :)
19:19 misc JustinClift: technically, we could take a disk for that
19:20 JustinClift Good point
19:21 JustinClift They do seem to have RHEL compatible update packages though.  I guess maybe the Dell site defaults to Windows, or maybe it's still that way from when I was looking at bios updates for my laptop a few months ago. ;)
19:24 JustinClift misc: Cool, my ssh key works
19:25 JustinClift misc: With the Salt approach for these, do we create new users in the Salt setup, or create new users on the box?  Guessing it's time for me to learn Salt ;)
19:26 misc JustinClift: I would rather put user in some ldap/freeipa
19:27 JustinClift Ahhh yeah.
19:27 misc JustinClift: so on the box now, and I would keep a list somewhere, or make a audit later
19:27 JustinClift k
19:27 misc ideally, having some group of users so we can then say "dev group has this access, etc"
19:34 purpleidea joined #gluster-dev
19:34 purpleidea joined #gluster-dev
20:05 purpleidea joined #gluster-dev
20:09 badone_ joined #gluster-dev
20:28 DV joined #gluster-dev
20:59 hchiramm joined #gluster-dev
21:32 hchiramm joined #gluster-dev
22:18 JustinClift misc: I think the DNS wildcard change is working.  blog.gluster.org doesn't resolve for me any more.
22:18 JustinClift We should probably fix that. ;)
22:58 jarrpa joined #gluster-dev

| Channels | #gluster-dev index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary