Perl 6 - the future is here, just unevenly distributed

IRC log for #gluster-dev, 2015-04-28

| Channels | #gluster-dev index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
00:09 jobewan joined #gluster-dev
00:46 lalatenduM joined #gluster-dev
00:55 atinmu joined #gluster-dev
01:55 ilbot3 joined #gluster-dev
01:55 Topic for #gluster-dev is now Gluster Development Channel - http://gluster.org | For general chat go to #gluster | Patches - http://review.gluster.org/ | Channel Logs - https://botbot.me/freenode/gluster-dev/ & http://irclog.perlgeek.de/gluster-dev/
01:56 nkhare joined #gluster-dev
02:01 nkhare_ joined #gluster-dev
02:13 raghug joined #gluster-dev
02:24 kdhananjay joined #gluster-dev
02:29 lalatenduM joined #gluster-dev
03:17 jobewan joined #gluster-dev
03:30 rjoseph joined #gluster-dev
03:34 raghug joined #gluster-dev
03:40 shubhendu joined #gluster-dev
03:44 itisravi joined #gluster-dev
03:52 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
03:57 lalatenduM joined #gluster-dev
03:59 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
04:00 hagarth raghug: can you please review http://review.gluster.org/#/q/status:open+project:glusterfs+branch:master+topic:bug-1212385
04:04 atinmu joined #gluster-dev
04:04 shubhendu joined #gluster-dev
04:16 poornimag joined #gluster-dev
04:18 nishanth joined #gluster-dev
04:18 spandit joined #gluster-dev
04:19 sakshi joined #gluster-dev
04:21 ndarshan joined #gluster-dev
04:30 ashiq joined #gluster-dev
04:31 atinmu hagarth, Are you okay to take in http://review.gluster.org/#/c/10285/ ? Anand has addressed Jeff's comments in the recent patch set
04:35 anoopcs joined #gluster-dev
04:36 jiffin joined #gluster-dev
04:38 overclk joined #gluster-dev
04:45 vimal joined #gluster-dev
04:50 rjoseph joined #gluster-dev
04:50 jobewan joined #gluster-dev
04:50 pppp joined #gluster-dev
04:51 shubhendu joined #gluster-dev
04:54 gem joined #gluster-dev
04:59 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
05:12 rafi joined #gluster-dev
05:15 lalatenduM joined #gluster-dev
05:18 Apeksha joined #gluster-dev
05:23 kanagaraj joined #gluster-dev
05:32 ashiq joined #gluster-dev
05:34 ashishpandey joined #gluster-dev
05:40 kshlm joined #gluster-dev
05:41 hgowtham joined #gluster-dev
05:53 Manikandan joined #gluster-dev
05:53 Manikandan_ joined #gluster-dev
05:54 kdhananjay joined #gluster-dev
05:55 Manikandan__ joined #gluster-dev
05:59 nkhare joined #gluster-dev
06:00 raghu joined #gluster-dev
06:01 ashiq joined #gluster-dev
06:09 tg2 joined #gluster-dev
06:09 badone__ joined #gluster-dev
06:11 kaushal_ joined #gluster-dev
06:12 soumya joined #gluster-dev
06:16 shubhendu joined #gluster-dev
06:17 csim joined #gluster-dev
06:18 rjoseph joined #gluster-dev
06:26 badone__ joined #gluster-dev
06:44 gem joined #gluster-dev
06:59 gem joined #gluster-dev
07:00 _Bryan_ joined #gluster-dev
07:03 ppai joined #gluster-dev
07:09 nkhare joined #gluster-dev
07:13 kshlm joined #gluster-dev
07:25 * msvbhat will be afk for sometime while he travels to office
07:26 hgowtham_ joined #gluster-dev
07:32 pcaruana joined #gluster-dev
07:49 ashiq joined #gluster-dev
07:57 anrao joined #gluster-dev
07:58 anrao_ joined #gluster-dev
08:28 sac joined #gluster-dev
08:37 raghug joined #gluster-dev
08:37 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
08:59 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
08:59 hagarth atinmu: ping, is Anand here?
09:04 hagarth ndevos: ping, I noticed that the nfs mount rmtab test unit caused a failure in regression yesterday
09:04 hagarth ndevos: I think it was related to a showmount test
09:10 hchiramm hagarth, http://review.gluster.org/#/c/10400/ can u please review/merge this
09:11 hchiramm all the logging patches are dependent on the segment allocation and it is separately handled in this patch to avoid conflicts
09:11 ndevos hagarth: hmm, I have not heard about that before
09:11 hagarth ndevos: don't recollect which test run caused that failure
09:11 ndevos hagarth: just wanted to ask you...
09:12 ndevos no bug, no problem?
09:12 hagarth ndevos: no, I just noticed that in one of the failed regression runs .. wish I could provide more context :)
09:13 ndevos hagarth: do you remember if it was the only test that failed?
09:13 hagarth ndevos: yes
09:14 ndevos hagarth: hmm, strange
09:14 * hagarth looks up regression failures from yesterday
09:15 gem joined #gluster-dev
09:15 ndevos hagarth: we need something like elastic search for the output of the test runs ;-)
09:16 hagarth ndevos: +1, elastic search with a gluster backend :)
09:16 ndevos hagarth: of course!
09:20 hagarth ndevos: http://build.gluster.org/job/rackspace-regression-2GB-triggered/7601/console
09:20 hagarth this possibly is the one
09:22 ndevos hagarth: interesting, I do not have that test-case in my tree?
09:22 hagarth ndevos: in release-3.7 or master?
09:23 ndevos hagarth: a branch rebased on yesterdays master, I think - but the case is in the current master branch
09:23 hagarth ndevos: I can see it on current master
09:23 hagarth right
09:23 ndevos hagarth: ah, I introduced it recently!
09:24 hagarth ndevos: yeah :)
09:25 hagarth hchiramm: merged, thanks
09:25 hchiramm hagarth++ thanks
09:25 glusterbot hchiramm: hagarth's karma is now 51
09:27 hchiramm gem, Manikandan__ ashiq anrao the messages file patch (http://review.gluster.org/#/c/10400) is merged ,please adjust your patches accordingly
09:27 Manikandan__ hchiramm okay :)
09:27 hagarth @channelstats
09:27 glusterbot hagarth: On #gluster-dev there have been 90902 messages, containing 2411202 characters, 407554 words, 3681 smileys, and 434 frowns; 1168 of those messages were ACTIONs.  There have been 48243 joins, 864 parts, 47341 quits, 0 kicks, 733 mode changes, and 1 topic change.  There are currently 72 users and the channel has peaked at 73 users.
09:28 ashiq ok hchiramm
09:34 anekkunt joined #gluster-dev
09:37 itisravi_ joined #gluster-dev
09:46 kkeithley1 joined #gluster-dev
09:51 pk1 joined #gluster-dev
09:51 pk1 xavih: ping
09:51 glusterbot pk1: Please don't naked ping. http://blogs.gnome.org/markmc/2014/02/20/naked-pings/
09:52 pk1 xavih: Could you review: http://review.gluster.com/10390, fops are hanging when the issue is hit.
10:00 gem joined #gluster-dev
10:07 atinmu joined #gluster-dev
10:16 ndevos hey atinmu, planning to host the Bug Triage meeting again?
10:16 atinmu ndevos, is it ok if u can host it today?
10:16 atinmu ndevos, the schedule is bit tight today
10:16 atinmu ndevos, sorry, I could not inform u about it
10:16 ndevos atinmu: sure, I guess I could
10:17 atinmu ndevos, thank u so much
10:17 atinmu ndevos++
10:17 glusterbot atinmu: ndevos's karma is now 112
10:18 ndevos atinmu: no problem!
10:19 xavih pk1: done
10:26 oli_144 joined #gluster-dev
10:26 oli_144 gday
10:27 oli_144 left #gluster-dev
10:43 pk1 xavih: thanks a lot xavih!
10:51 firemanxbr joined #gluster-dev
10:54 pranithk joined #gluster-dev
10:59 ndevos REMINDER: Gluster Bug Triage meeting is starting in 1 hour from now in #gluster-meeting
11:00 nkhare joined #gluster-dev
11:06 Apeksha joined #gluster-dev
11:12 atinmu joined #gluster-dev
11:13 itisravi joined #gluster-dev
11:14 Manikandan joined #gluster-dev
11:15 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
11:15 gem joined #gluster-dev
11:17 rafi joined #gluster-dev
11:23 anekkunt joined #gluster-dev
11:26 ndevos hey vimal!
11:26 vimal ndevos, hi
11:26 ndevos vimal: are you still planning to work on the fuse + fs-cache patches?
11:27 vimal ndevos, you pinged me on the right day.. i was setting up an fedora instance once again to start working on it
11:27 ndevos vimal: ha!
11:28 ndevos vimal: there is a thread on the gluster-users list about the fs-cache for gluster :)
11:28 vimal ndevos, i think i've wasted enough time.. installed fedora and checked out the kernel source today.. will start
11:28 vimal ndevos, yes, actually that made me do this
11:28 vimal :P
11:28 anekkunt joined #gluster-dev
11:28 ndevos vimal: oh, good! :D
11:29 vimal ndevos, i'll check if the patches apply to the latest kernel source
11:29 ndevos vimal: then now is the time to respond with something like a status update to the email I just sent out ;-)
11:30 rafi1 joined #gluster-dev
11:31 vimal ndevos, in gluster-users? i don't see it yet
11:32 vimal ndevos, got it..
11:38 anekkunt joined #gluster-dev
11:46 soumya_ joined #gluster-dev
11:51 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
11:54 ndevos REMINDER: Gluster Bug Triage meeting is starting in ~5 minutes from now in #gluster-meeting
11:59 ira joined #gluster-dev
12:03 soumya joined #gluster-dev
12:09 JustinCl1ft Is it just me, or is review.glsuter.org doing 500 Server error for everything?
12:10 JustinCl1ft Seems better now
12:10 * JustinCl1ft was seriously worried there for a minute
12:12 JustinCl1ft Errors in the Gerrit lock about a timeout when trying to lock the patch_set table
12:12 * JustinCl1ft hopes thats just a transient thing
12:16 rjoseph joined #gluster-dev
12:18 JustinCl1ft Um, is someone else modifying the database backend?
12:18 JustinCl1ft For Gerrit
12:18 JustinCl1ft Stuff I've manually added is _gone_.
12:18 hchiramm JustinCl1ft, not me
12:18 JustinCl1ft hchiramm:
12:18 JustinCl1ft hchiramm: k
12:19 JustinCl1ft Gah.  I think I know what's wrong.
12:19 JustinCl1ft I was trying out transaction stuff before, and my session dropped.
12:19 JustinCl1ft Betcha I didn't commit it first.
12:19 anekkunt joined #gluster-dev
12:20 raghug joined #gluster-dev
12:21 dlambrig_ joined #gluster-dev
12:30 rafi1 joined #gluster-dev
12:32 gem anoopcs++
12:32 glusterbot gem: anoopcs's karma is now 4
12:33 dlambrig_ left #gluster-dev
12:42 hchiramm ndevos, kkeithley_ I think this can go in as a separate patch http://review.gluster.org/#/c/10244/
12:45 ndevos hchiramm: what is the value it brings when not combining the two patches?
12:50 lalatenduM joined #gluster-dev
12:53 hchiramm ndevos, sorry for the delay  .. Was in an another discussion
12:54 hchiramm well the glupy changes have to be tested thoroughly .. this is almost independent and just moving __init__.py from api to libs
12:54 lalatenduM_ joined #gluster-dev
12:56 * ndevos frowns at his fix for a spurious test, that failed even worse
12:56 hchiramm ndevos++ thanks for merging libgfapi one !!
12:56 glusterbot hchiramm: ndevos's karma is now 113
12:56 hchiramm one down from the list
12:57 ndevos hchiramm: hmm, okay, I do not think http://review.gluster.org/#/c/10244/ breaks glupy, right?
12:57 hchiramm it should not ..
12:58 * hchiramm cross checking
12:58 shyam joined #gluster-dev
12:59 hchiramm ndevos, I can not see anything which breaks glupy
12:59 hchiramm becasue it touch a new init.py and change the glupy dependencies to libs from api
13:00 hchiramm kkeithley, do u see anything which breaks glupy there ? :)
13:00 ndevos hchiramm: okay, the only thing that makes me hesitate, is that glusterfs-libs will get a dependency on python
13:00 ndevos hchiramm: currently, "yum install glusterfs-fuse" should not pull in python, I think
13:00 hchiramm thats true..
13:01 * ndevos shrugs, yum is Python too
13:01 hchiramm hmmm.. I thought we finalized on glusterfs-libs own gluster namespace.
13:01 hchiramm rather than gluster-api
13:01 hchiramm please let me know if this was not part of the plan .
13:02 ndevos yeah, glusterfs-api isnt really the right place, but maybe we put it there because of the python dependency
13:02 kkeithley_ glupy depends on -libs and python.  -libs shouldn't depend on python?  I think?
13:02 ndevos kkeithley_: indeed, but which package should own the "gluster" python namespace?
13:02 kkeithley_ ISTR the only thing we do in -libs is touch /usr/lib/python/site-packages/gluster/__init.py_, right?
13:02 ndevos which includes one (empty) python file
13:03 kkeithley_ that shouldn't require python
13:03 kkeithley_ as a dependency
13:03 ndevos what about the directory structure for that file?
13:03 kkeithley_ anyone know if pmatthai has a gerrit account? In the new gerrit?
13:03 hchiramm kkeithley, u r correct on touching init.py
13:03 kkeithley_ JustinCl1ft: ^^^
13:04 ndevos kkeithley_: ask the-me in #gluster?
13:05 * hchiramm thinks who create the gluster directory in site packages
13:06 ndevos hchiramm: also a good point, the touch in the spec is nice, but does it work?
13:07 kkeithley_ we should close the 3.6.3 tracker now that 3.6.3 has shipped
13:07 * JustinCl1ft looking
13:07 hchiramm ndevos, afir, it works..
13:07 ndevos hchiramm: maybe we need a glusterfs-python package that contains the __init__.py and a README about 'rules' to use the namespace for additional python modules?
13:07 kkeithley_ anyone know the 3.6.4 tracker BZ?
13:08 JustinCl1ft It's been so long since I've looked at this stuff I really don't have a clue about it
13:08 ndevos kkeithley_: glusterfs-3.6.4 would be my guess?
13:08 * JustinCl1ft can barely remember Python atm.  I've been coding by cut-n-paste of my previous code ;)
13:08 kkeithley_ pffttt. You want me to search? ;-)
13:08 hchiramm ndevos, yeah, in next stage we need to revisit all the packages
13:08 ndevos ah, that one does not exist yet :-/
13:08 hchiramm kkeithley, it does not exist
13:09 hchiramm u may need to create one
13:09 ndevos kkeithley_: is should be an alias, ask raghug about it?
13:09 hchiramm raghu, ^^
13:09 hchiramm do u have the tracker for 3.6.4
13:09 ndevos sed s/1/i/ <<< JustinCl1ft
13:09 kkeithley_ yes, raghu needs to create it. and move any BZs that weren't fixed in 3.6.3 to it
13:10 * ndevos needs to fetch some lunch, will be back later
13:10 THX1138 I'm not a number
13:10 hchiramm any idea why these links give "404" http://build.gluster.org/job/glusterfs-devrpms-el6/7268/
13:11 hchiramm ndevos, if there was no "gluster" in site packages , the rpm building would have failed in Gluster Build System.. Isnt it
13:13 hchiramm kkeithley, even I think touching a file does not introduce a python dependency on glusterfs-libs
13:15 kkeithley_ hchiramm: yes,  I wasn't trying to suggesti it did. If it sounded like it, I didn't mean it to
13:15 hchiramm kkeithley, ah.. my mistake .. it was not u commented like that .
13:15 hchiramm it was ndevos :(
13:17 hchiramm kkeithley, really appreciated if you can review http://review.gluster.org/#/c/10244/ :)
13:19 ashiq joined #gluster-dev
13:19 kkeithley_ done
13:19 hchiramm kkeithley, thanks 1!!
13:34 ashiq joined #gluster-dev
13:58 soumya joined #gluster-dev
14:06 wushudoin joined #gluster-dev
14:07 dlambrig left #gluster-dev
14:07 dlambrig joined #gluster-dev
14:08 wushudoin joined #gluster-dev
14:24 ira joined #gluster-dev
14:29 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
14:42 kdhananjay joined #gluster-dev
14:54 atinmu joined #gluster-dev
15:01 shaunm_ joined #gluster-dev
15:25 lalatenduM joined #gluster-dev
15:27 lalatenduM joined #gluster-dev
15:36 ndevos JustinCl1ft: the gerrithub people are responding to emails on the nfs-ganesha-devel list about using gerrithub, they seem to have subscribed to the list and caught the discussion :D
15:36 ndevos gerrithub.io++
15:36 glusterbot ndevos: gerrithub.io's karma is now 1
15:38 ndevos like this thread: http://sourceforge.net/p/nfs-ganesha/mailman/nfs-ganesha-devel/thread/064801d07ed9%24fca63b60%24f5f2b220%24%40mindspring.com/#msg34016481
15:44 shyam joined #gluster-dev
15:44 JustinCl1ft ndevos: Cool.
15:44 JustinCl1ft ndevos: Is one of them Lucas M<something>?
15:44 ndevos hagarth: will you host the gluster community meeting tomorrow, or do we have a rotation schedule?
15:44 * JustinCl1ft looks
15:45 ndevos JustinCl1ft: rather anonymously hidden behind a support@ address
15:45 JustinCl1ft k.  I'm reading the discussion atm
15:46 JustinCl1ft The guy who answered my quotation request @gerrithub is Lucas M<something>.
15:46 JustinCl1ft He's proactively helping on the Gerrit mailing list ("repo-discuss"), and he's also the primary author for a lot of the code
15:46 JustinCl1ft eg the GitHub integration stuff
15:48 bfoster joined #gluster-dev
15:51 JustinCl1ft ndevos: Ahhh yeah, it's a pretty minimal interaction from them and no-one answered so they have nothing to really work with.
15:52 JustinCl1ft Ugh.  Jeez I hate spammers.
15:52 ndevos JustinCl1ft: there are some more replies, at least I have them in my email, maybe the mailinglist is still catching up
15:52 JustinCl1ft Ahhh k
15:56 jobewan joined #gluster-dev
15:59 hagarth ndevos: busy day tomorrow for me
16:00 ndevos hagarth: okay, got a moderator already?
16:01 * JustinCl1ft can do it if needed
16:02 JustinClift Gerrit has mostly calmed down. :)
16:26 pranithk joined #gluster-dev
16:27 pranithk ndevos: I get the following error: pkgconfig(uuid) is needed by glusterfs-api-devel-3.8dev-0.30.git7257762.fc20.x86_64, both uuid and uuid-devel are installed. What is the package that needs to be installd?
16:28 pranithk ndevos: installed*
16:28 pranithk ndevos: do you know?
16:28 ndevos pranithk: libuuid-devel should be sufficient?
16:29 ndevos pranithk: what distribution are you on?
16:29 ndevos ah, fedora 20 :)
16:29 ndevos pranithk: have you tried: yum install 'pkgconfig(uuid)'
16:30 pranithk ndevos: working :-)
16:30 pranithk ah!
16:30 pranithk ndevos: nice
16:30 ndevos pranithk: you can also do: yum localinstall glusterfs-api-devel-3.8dev-0.30.git7257762.fc20.x86_64.rpm
16:30 pranithk ndevos: interesting
16:30 pranithk ndevos: will try :-)
16:31 ndevos pranithk: that will try to install all dependencies for you, its *much* easier :D
16:31 pranithk ndevos: agree!
16:35 JustinClift ndevos: That's a nifty trick "yum install 'pkgconfig(uuid)'"
16:36 ndevos JustinClift: it works for any dependency ;-)
16:39 hagarth JustinClift: are you the chair for tomorrow?
16:40 kkeithley_ localinstall is deprecated.   `yum install glusterfs-api-devel-3.8dev-0.30.git7257762.fc20.x86_64.rpm` works
16:40 ndevos oh, interesting, I just got used to it :-/
16:41 JustinClift hagarth: Guess so
16:41 ndevos actually, should you not use dnf instead of yum?
16:41 kkeithley_ I'll switch in f22
16:41 JustinClift ;)
16:42 kkeithley_ isn't the plan to use systemd for everything? ;-)
16:44 ndevos systemd volume create ... ...
16:45 ndevos kkeithley_: are you sure you want to keep your +1 on http://review.gluster.org/10244 ?
16:46 * ndevos thinks there are people that rebase their patches for the sake of rebasing... I'll never get around reviewing their last version
16:46 kkeithley_ Not sure it matters reall
16:47 kkeithley_ really
16:47 JustinClift ndevos: Hmmm, there's a plugin or some option in Gerrit, which tells it to carry across review info if there's no code change between patch revisions
16:48 JustinClift Sounds like it'd be useful for that
16:48 JustinClift As long as it clears the "Verified" flag, and only keeps the reviewer ones
16:48 ndevos kkeithley_: it does not matter to me, but I'm sure others disagree on adding a python dependency on a core package
16:48 * kkeithley_ wonders why that isn't the default behavior
16:48 kkeithley_ seems like a no-brainer
16:49 kkeithley_ carrying across review info that is
16:49 JustinClift ndevos: You mentioned that in a previous release didn't you.  One of the cloud teams wanted to remove the Python dependency
16:49 JustinClift Doesn't seem unreasonable, if they're not using any of the Python bits
16:49 ndevos JustinClift: indeed, that will definitely be one group that complains about it
16:50 JustinClift Sounds like we shouldn't add that dependency then...
16:50 ndevos JustinClift: try to refrain from adding more plugins to Gerrit, that makes updating more difficult ;-)
16:50 kkeithley_ I dislike _secret_ dependencies.  Feels like a bug if rpmbuild is adding a dependency that we don't want, and that isn't needed
16:51 ndevos which _secret_ dependencies would that be?
16:51 kkeithley_ Even if it isn't really secret
16:51 JustinClift ndevos: Sounds like it's not a plugin, it's an option that can be enabled: https://gerrit-documentation.storage.googleapis.com/Documentation/2.11/config-labels.html#label_copyAllScoresIfNoCodeChange
16:51 kkeithley_ it's magic behavior. It magically adds a dependency that isn't needed or wanted
16:51 JustinClift ndevos: Seems to exist in the version we have too (2.9.4)
16:51 kkeithley_ they python dedendency
16:52 kkeithley_ gah  *the* python dependency
16:52 ndevos we may not want a dependency, but why would we put a .py file in a directory owned by python?
16:52 JustinClift Because we're tricky?
16:52 kkeithley_ I thought we were only putting __init__.py in /usr/lib/python/site-packages/gluster/
16:53 ndevos indeed, thats all
16:53 kkeithley_ we own that, not python.
16:53 ndevos and /usr/lib/python/site-packages belongs to python, all parts of a directory structus should be owned by a package...
16:53 JustinClift I guess it's either that or we create a glusterfs-python-common (or similar naming) package?
16:53 ndevos structus?!
16:54 JustinClift They look like structures, but are green
16:54 * ndevos currently favorites a python-gluster sub-package
16:55 ndevos but it feels rather stupid to have only one empty file in that package...
16:56 ndevos on the other hand, there are several "*-filesystem" packages that only have directory structures
16:56 kkeithley_ I'm not sure I buy the argument that python owns everything in /usr/lib/python/site-packages. E.g. `rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/yum` tells me that yum-3.4.3-118.el7.noarch owns taht
16:56 kkeithley_ that
16:56 ndevos kkeithley_: not "own" under that directory, but: rpm -qf /usr/lib/python/site-packages
16:57 kkeithley_ yes, python owns the parent dir
16:58 JustinClift It is pretty clear that "/usr/lib/python/site-packages" is "python related"
16:58 JustinClift "python related stuff"
16:58 kkeithley_ python is, IIRC, a standard component that always gets installed.  I'm not worried that we would "accidentally" create /usr/lib/python/site-packages in the process of installing /usr/lib/python/site-packages/gluster
16:58 kkeithley_ accidentally create it and end up with an "unowned" artefact
16:58 ndevos unfortunately, cloud images do not (always) have python, otherwise we would not have this discussion
16:59 JustinClift Meh, you guys can figure it out.  As mentioned previously, I don't remember the fine details any more and I don't wanna hit info overload yet today :)
16:59 kkeithley_ gah, there's that stupid cloud images thing again
16:59 kkeithley_ yeah, a separate package   bah
16:59 * ndevos looks out of the window and would like to kick the clouds there
17:00 JustinClift DON'T!
17:01 JustinClift You'll screw up people's data
17:01 JustinClift Don't you know it's in the Clouds!?!?!?!  Jeez man... :D
17:01 kkeithley_ I look at clouds from both sides now
17:01 JustinClift ;)
17:02 ndevos hmm, kick selected clouds then... and try not to hit rackspace?
17:02 kkeithley_ From up and down, and still somehow It's cloud illusions I recall I really don't know clouds at all
17:03 ndevos JustinClift: you know that our gerrit instance has its own docs, right? http://review.gluster.org/Documentation/index.html
17:04 kkeithley_ okay, enough song lyrics. Off to the dentist I go.
17:04 ndevos anyway, python-gluster for the cloud!
17:04 JustinClift ndevos: Yeah.  I was just following a different link from email initially that used the 2.11 docs, and only put in enough effort to change the version number. ;)
17:05 JustinClift Pretty sure I can see a purple cloud above Amsterdam... oh wait... :)
17:05 JustinClift *that* doesn't look like a safe place to store data :D
17:07 kkeithley_ Purple Cloud, or Purple Haze?
17:07 ndevos you definitely loose some data in the amazing purple clouds, but you can gain some too
17:11 JustinClift ;)
17:13 jiffin joined #gluster-dev
17:14 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
17:22 kdhananjay joined #gluster-dev
17:28 shubhendu joined #gluster-dev
17:51 * hagarth intends doing beta1 tomorrow for 3.7.0
17:52 hagarth please get any patches you want in 3.7.0beta1 acked in ~12 hrs
17:54 pranithk hagarth: what do you mean acked?
17:54 pranithk hagarth: patches need to be merged?
17:55 hagarth CR +2, V +1 for release-3.7
17:55 hagarth pranithk: yes :)
17:55 pranithk hagarth: :'-(
17:55 hagarth pranithk: I am going to do a few betas quickly, so don't worry if you miss the first one.
17:55 pranithk hagarth: Not all ec patches are merged :-(
17:55 pranithk I will try to get the backports going!
17:55 hagarth pranithk: yes, please. that would be handy.
17:57 pranithk hagarth: cool, great!
17:58 pranithk hagarth: alright dude, leaving now... cya
18:34 kanagaraj joined #gluster-dev
18:38 shubhendu joined #gluster-dev
18:46 lalatenduM joined #gluster-dev
19:59 soumya joined #gluster-dev
20:05 shaunm_ joined #gluster-dev
20:13 dlambrig_ joined #gluster-dev
20:47 dlambrig_ left #gluster-dev
21:16 badone__ joined #gluster-dev
23:46 lkoranda joined #gluster-dev
23:47 shyam joined #gluster-dev

| Channels | #gluster-dev index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary