Perl 6 - the future is here, just unevenly distributed

IRC log for #gluster-dev, 2015-06-24

| Channels | #gluster-dev index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
00:17 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
01:03 jrm16020 joined #gluster-dev
01:35 kdhananjay joined #gluster-dev
02:12 mribeirodantas joined #gluster-dev
02:51 kdhananjay joined #gluster-dev
03:06 ira joined #gluster-dev
03:14 shubhendu joined #gluster-dev
03:24 gem joined #gluster-dev
03:25 gem joined #gluster-dev
03:32 overclk joined #gluster-dev
03:38 sakshi joined #gluster-dev
03:41 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
03:43 atinm joined #gluster-dev
04:02 ppai joined #gluster-dev
04:11 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
04:18 itisravi joined #gluster-dev
04:25 rafi joined #gluster-dev
04:37 Bhaskarakiran joined #gluster-dev
04:55 jiffin joined #gluster-dev
04:58 rjoseph joined #gluster-dev
05:04 pppp joined #gluster-dev
05:14 vikumar joined #gluster-dev
05:14 spandit joined #gluster-dev
05:14 josferna joined #gluster-dev
05:17 atalur joined #gluster-dev
05:17 gem joined #gluster-dev
05:18 hgowtham joined #gluster-dev
05:20 ashiq joined #gluster-dev
05:23 ndarshan joined #gluster-dev
05:29 anekkunt joined #gluster-dev
05:29 ababu joined #gluster-dev
05:32 ashish joined #gluster-dev
05:38 atalur joined #gluster-dev
05:41 atinm rafi, hey
05:42 atinm rafi, how are you feeling now?
05:43 kdhananjay joined #gluster-dev
05:52 rafi atinm: I'm feeling good now,
05:53 rafi atinm: it was a long break (~2 weeks )
05:53 atinm rafi, good to know that :)
05:54 rafi atinm: I couldn't keep my promise about hosting the bug triage meeting
05:55 rafi atinm: I'm sorryy
05:55 atinm rafi, that's fine, health goes first
05:55 kshlm joined #gluster-dev
05:56 atalur joined #gluster-dev
05:57 soumya_ joined #gluster-dev
05:57 rafi atinm: Ya, yesterday I was traveling back to Bangalore, Next week is definitely for me :)
05:57 atinm rafi, awesome :)
06:07 raghu joined #gluster-dev
06:20 overclk ashiq, I guess you missed to convert gf_log() in br_scrubber_handle_options()
06:20 overclk ashiq, If you can do that quickly. I'll give the patch a try in my local tree.
06:21 ashiq overclk, ok looking into it
06:26 gem joined #gluster-dev
06:28 overclk thanks ashiq
06:32 Gaurav__ joined #gluster-dev
06:33 ashiq overclk, Done :)
06:34 overclk ashiq, ok. send it out please.
06:34 deepakcs joined #gluster-dev
06:34 ashiq overclk, sent it
06:40 kotreshhr joined #gluster-dev
06:48 atalur joined #gluster-dev
06:53 overclk raghu, I've reviewed ashiq's logging patch (http://review.gluster.org/#/c/10297/). Requesting you to have a look too.
06:54 overclk raghu, Gaurav__ please take a look. I'll merge if no further changes are required.
06:55 Gaurav__ overclk, ya sure. i will have a look
07:03 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
07:07 jiffin joined #gluster-dev
07:09 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
07:10 anekkunt joined #gluster-dev
07:11 raghu overclk: sure, will do it
07:12 anekkunt joined #gluster-dev
07:13 Bhaskarakiran joined #gluster-dev
07:13 Bhaskarakiran joined #gluster-dev
07:14 Bhaskarakiran joined #gluster-dev
07:18 anekkunt joined #gluster-dev
07:19 Bhaskarakiran joined #gluster-dev
07:19 ashish joined #gluster-dev
07:30 sabansal_ joined #gluster-dev
07:38 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
08:19 anrao joined #gluster-dev
08:24 RedW joined #gluster-dev
08:34 pranithk joined #gluster-dev
08:34 hchiramm anrao, ping
08:34 glusterbot hchiramm: Please don't naked ping. http://blogs.gnome.org/mark​mc/2014/02/20/naked-pings/
08:43 obnox hchiramm: ping ping
08:43 glusterbot obnox: Please don't naked ping. http://blogs.gnome.org/mark​mc/2014/02/20/naked-pings/
08:44 hchiramm obnox, pong :)
08:44 obnox hchiramm: just testing how clever the glusterbot is regarding 'naked ping' ;)
08:44 obnox obnox: ping
08:44 glusterbot obnox: Please don't naked ping. http://blogs.gnome.org/mark​mc/2014/02/20/naked-pings/
08:44 obnox obnox: ping re ping
08:44 glusterbot obnox: Please don't naked ping. http://blogs.gnome.org/mark​mc/2014/02/20/naked-pings/
08:44 obnox wow
08:44 obnox that's an intelligence
08:45 obnox obnox: ping ponh
08:45 obnox obnox: ping pong
08:45 obnox ;)
08:46 obnox I stop it now, promised.
08:46 atinm joined #gluster-dev
08:47 hchiramm obnox, :)
08:49 rjoseph hciramm: Can you merge http://review.gluster.org/#/c/11292/?
08:51 rjoseph hchiramm: http://review.gluster.org/#/c/11292/
08:52 hchiramm rjoseph, I tired to merge it yesterday , however its failing
08:54 rjoseph hchiramm: Oh!, whats the failure?
08:54 hchiramm it was going a gerrit error
08:54 hchiramm any way I am trying now
08:54 hchiramm going/giving
08:55 rjoseph hchiramm: thanks
08:56 hchiramm rjoseph, merged
08:56 hchiramm Gaurav__, can u review this http://review.gluster.org/#/c/10297/
08:56 hchiramm anrao, ping
08:56 glusterbot hchiramm: Please don't naked ping. http://blogs.gnome.org/mark​mc/2014/02/20/naked-pings/
08:56 Gaurav__ hchiramm, ya sure
08:57 rjoseph hchiramm++  thanks
08:57 glusterbot rjoseph: hchiramm's karma is now 43
08:58 rjoseph hchiramm: Please don't naked ping. http://blogs.gnome.org/mark​mc/2014/02/20/naked-pings/
08:58 rjoseph :)
08:58 hchiramm rjoseph,  thanks for the information :P
08:59 hchiramm anrao, can u address the comments in http://review.gluster.org/#/c/9897/
08:59 anrao hchiramm: yes working on it
09:01 kdhananjay joined #gluster-dev
09:12 soumya_ joined #gluster-dev
09:18 anrao joined #gluster-dev
09:22 atinm kotreshhr, hi
09:22 kotreshhr atinm:hello
09:23 atinm kotreshhr, unfortunately log doesn't give me any clue of the spurious failure you reported
09:23 atinm kotreshhr, I believe this has happened for the very first time
09:23 kotreshhr atinm: Oh, ok!
09:23 atinm kotreshhr, if you happen to see this again, do let me know, then I will probably grab a rackspace vm
09:23 kotreshhr atinm: I have retriggered it. I will let you know if it happens again.
09:24 atinm kotreshhr, thanks
09:24 kotreshhr atinm: np
09:31 hchiramm overclk, http://review.gluster.org/#/c/10297/  can we merge this ?
09:33 soumya_ joined #gluster-dev
09:35 spalai joined #gluster-dev
09:35 kdhananjay joined #gluster-dev
09:37 krishnan_p joined #gluster-dev
09:44 overclk hchiramm, I was waiting for regressions to pass.
09:44 hchiramm oh..ok
09:44 hchiramm I think netbsd is yet to pass
09:46 krishnan_p Are netbsd regressions automatically triggered these days? Am I one of the few unlucky folks who manage their own netbsd regression runs?
09:46 overclk hchiramm, yes.
09:46 overclk krishnan_p, you can never be sure :P
09:46 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
09:47 overclk hchiramm, I can see the patch queued up in the netbsd regression run.
09:47 hchiramm oh..ok.. then lets wait
09:47 overclk hchiramm, So, I've rebased my and raghu patch.
09:47 hchiramm thanks !
09:47 overclk hchiramm, whatever passes regression first is the one that gets merged, and the other one has to rebase
09:48 hchiramm ah :(
10:00 ndevos hchiramm, atinm: care to host the community meeting today?
10:01 atinm hchiramm, ??
10:01 atinm ndevos, I am looking for some other folks to host, I may have to log off a bit early
10:04 atinm ndevos, if nothing really works out then I will host
10:08 overclk raghu, Do you have any concerns about patch #10297 ?
10:10 ashiq overclk, can you merge http://review.gluster.org/10297
10:11 overclk ashiq, just need a final confirmation from raghu :)
10:11 ashiq overclk, Ok :)
10:13 ndevos atinm++ many thanks!
10:13 glusterbot ndevos: atinm's karma is now 12
10:14 atinm ndevos, I still expect hchiramm to host
10:15 ndevos hchiramm++ thank you too :)
10:15 glusterbot ndevos: hchiramm's karma is now 44
10:16 * ndevos wonders how to create a unix domain socket in the most simple and portible way...
10:16 csim portable to what ?
10:17 ndevos "socat" is not installed on the slaves, not sure if it is available for most distrubutions/os'
10:17 csim (becuase "unix socket" kinda limit portability to Unix, no ?)
10:17 ndevos portable for the regression tests :)
10:17 csim socat is IMHO common
10:17 ndevos hmm
10:18 csim socat is present on freebsd
10:18 csim on openbsd
10:18 csim and netbsd
10:18 csim and os x, there is debian and fedora packages
10:19 csim and mageia, and opensuse and everything
10:19 csim ndevos: tell me if you want to add socat on the slave, I can show where/how to commit to salt
10:21 kkeithley_ FYI, Fedora 20 reached EOL yesterday. There will be no more new or updated RPMs built for Fedora 20 from now.
10:26 ndevos csim: oh, that is probably the easiest, otherwise I would need to code something in Python or C :)
10:27 ndevos csim: if you send the steps to contribute this change to the salt infra, I'll try to get it done
10:28 ndevos csim: send it to the infra list, so that others can join the fun
10:28 surabhi_ joined #gluster-dev
10:29 csim ndevos: ideally, i think we should publish the infra repo on github maybe
10:32 ndevos csim: yes, something like that
10:32 csim but as i am not in the gluster org, it would cut my access :)
10:32 ndevos csim: I can create a repo and team for you?
10:33 csim ndevos: well
10:33 csim I dislike the idea of having on one side a team on github
10:33 csim and on the other, having a set of users and group in the infra
10:34 ndevos csim: the "team" would be able to push changes to that specific repo, you could be the only one in hthe team
10:35 atinm ndevos, if I can't host today's meeting do you have any other alternative?
10:36 ndevos atinm: maybe we can convice kkeithley_ to host the meeting?
10:36 csim ndevos: my doctor told me to stop having multiple personnality and pretend i am a team, and we agreed on that by a a 5 to 2 vote during the last "misc multiple personnality meeting"
10:36 atinm ndevos, as I said I might have to log off a bit early due to some personal commitments
10:36 atinm ndevos, I pinged him, probably he is afk
10:36 ndevos kkeithley_ was here 15 minutes ago....
10:37 atinm ndevos, yeah I saw his announcement on EOL of fed 20
10:37 ndevos atinm: and hchiramm cant do it, or overclk, kshlm, krishnan_p or ant of the others?
10:37 ndevos *any
10:37 atinm ndevos, I checked with everyone apart from overclk
10:37 atinm overclk, can you please?
10:38 ndevos or, JustinCl1ft are you up and running? could you host the meeting?
10:51 purpleidea joined #gluster-dev
10:54 surabhi_ joined #gluster-dev
11:00 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
11:02 overclk atinm, ok. I can run it :)
11:03 atinm overclk, thanks a ton!!!
11:03 atinm overclk++
11:03 glusterbot atinm: overclk's karma is now 9
11:03 rjoseph joined #gluster-dev
11:07 overclk ashiq, good job! bitrot patches merged.
11:07 ashiq overclk, Thanks :)
11:07 ashiq overclk++
11:07 glusterbot ashiq: overclk's karma is now 10
11:08 eljrax https://github.com/nfs-ganesha/nfs-ganesha​/blob/master/src/support/export_mgr.c#L249  When I try to start nfs.ganesha, that assertion fails
11:08 eljrax Is this a known thing?
11:08 eljrax ganesha.nfsd even
11:09 kotreshhr joined #gluster-dev
11:09 eljrax I guess it's perhaps not necessarily a problem with gluster itself
11:09 ndevos eljrax: you could try to get attention on that in #ganesha, that is where most of the gluster+ganesha devs hang around
11:10 eljrax Alright, cheers!
11:16 krishnan_p joined #gluster-dev
11:17 atalur joined #gluster-dev
11:21 atinm joined #gluster-dev
11:21 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
11:22 soumya_ joined #gluster-dev
11:24 pranithk xavih: Remember the hang in ec mounts? I think 'fop' corruption is happening.
11:25 pranithk xavih: Normal data fop check_status is supposed to give: [2015-06-23 07:39:50.418155] W [ec-common.c:162:ec_check_status] 2-vol1-disperse-0: Operation failed on some subvolumes (up=FFF, mask=FFE, remaining=0, good=FFE, bad=1)
11:26 pranithk xavih: I see lot of logs with suspicious values of (remaining, good): [2015-06-23 07:39:50.491155] W [ec-common.c:162:ec_check_status] 2-vol1-disperse-0: Operation failed on some subvolumes (up=FFF, mask=FFE, remaining=380, good=C7E, bad=1)
11:32 rafi1 joined #gluster-dev
11:34 rafi joined #gluster-dev
11:34 rjoseph joined #gluster-dev
11:35 raghu joined #gluster-dev
11:36 raghu overclk: I think bad file denial patch does not have any merge conflicts with the logging patch that just went in
11:36 raghu overclk: but I think I have to change the gf_log to gf_msg right? In my patch??
11:37 overclk raghu, correct.
11:42 overclk joined #gluster-dev
11:50 overclk joined #gluster-dev
11:52 ira joined #gluster-dev
11:56 surabhi_ joined #gluster-dev
11:58 overclk Gluster Community Meeting starting in #gluster-meeting in 5 minutes.
12:00 raghu joined #gluster-dev
12:02 rjoseph joined #gluster-dev
12:08 atalur joined #gluster-dev
12:18 ppai joined #gluster-dev
12:19 dlambrig joined #gluster-dev
12:21 spalai joined #gluster-dev
12:22 rafi joined #gluster-dev
12:27 kotreshhr joined #gluster-dev
12:31 mribeirodantas joined #gluster-dev
12:38 itisravi_ joined #gluster-dev
12:45 csim mhh
12:45 csim so the freebsd salve seems to have a local modification of tests
12:54 spalai left #gluster-dev
13:03 ppai joined #gluster-dev
13:26 anekkunt joined #gluster-dev
13:31 shyam joined #gluster-dev
13:37 surabhi_ joined #gluster-dev
13:49 ashiq joined #gluster-dev
13:52 pousley joined #gluster-dev
14:12 pppp joined #gluster-dev
14:18 soumya_ joined #gluster-dev
14:22 wushudoin joined #gluster-dev
14:22 kdhananjay joined #gluster-dev
14:30 soumya_ joined #gluster-dev
14:34 rafi joined #gluster-dev
14:37 pppp joined #gluster-dev
15:13 shyam joined #gluster-dev
15:26 kotreshhr left #gluster-dev
15:29 overclk joined #gluster-dev
15:32 shyam joined #gluster-dev
15:48 soumya_ joined #gluster-dev
16:10 jiffin joined #gluster-dev
16:10 ndevos dlambrig1: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.com​p.file-systems.gluster.user/21288 is for you an joseph
16:52 soumya_ joined #gluster-dev
16:59 rafi joined #gluster-dev
17:12 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
17:17 bfoster joined #gluster-dev
17:48 overclk joined #gluster-dev
17:48 Gaurav__ joined #gluster-dev
17:50 overclk joined #gluster-dev
18:04 glusterbot joined #gluster-dev
18:05 JoeJulian joined #gluster-dev
18:20 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
20:52 mribeirodantas joined #gluster-dev
20:55 badone_ joined #gluster-dev

| Channels | #gluster-dev index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary