Perl 6 - the future is here, just unevenly distributed

IRC log for #gluster-dev, 2015-11-10

| Channels | #gluster-dev index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
00:05 zhangjn joined #gluster-dev
00:52 ira joined #gluster-dev
00:59 zhangjn joined #gluster-dev
01:05 EinstCra_ joined #gluster-dev
01:16 EinstCrazy joined #gluster-dev
01:18 jobewan joined #gluster-dev
01:30 EinstCra_ joined #gluster-dev
01:30 zhangjn_ joined #gluster-dev
02:05 jobewan joined #gluster-dev
02:29 jobewan joined #gluster-dev
02:59 kotreshhr joined #gluster-dev
02:59 kotreshhr left #gluster-dev
03:30 atinm joined #gluster-dev
03:34 ira joined #gluster-dev
03:35 overclk joined #gluster-dev
03:35 pranithk joined #gluster-dev
03:36 itisravi joined #gluster-dev
03:38 kshlm joined #gluster-dev
03:44 sakshi joined #gluster-dev
03:45 mchangir joined #gluster-dev
04:02 shubhendu joined #gluster-dev
04:11 gem joined #gluster-dev
04:12 pppp joined #gluster-dev
04:13 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
04:20 overclk_ joined #gluster-dev
04:23 josferna joined #gluster-dev
04:24 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
04:25 mohan_ joined #gluster-dev
04:29 kdhananjay joined #gluster-dev
04:30 mohan joined #gluster-dev
04:37 kanagaraj joined #gluster-dev
04:43 itisravi joined #gluster-dev
04:47 jiffin joined #gluster-dev
04:49 kotreshhr joined #gluster-dev
04:54 aravindavk joined #gluster-dev
05:01 skoduri joined #gluster-dev
05:02 atalur joined #gluster-dev
05:03 Humble joined #gluster-dev
05:06 rafi joined #gluster-dev
05:09 ndarshan joined #gluster-dev
05:23 pppp joined #gluster-dev
05:27 pppp joined #gluster-dev
05:27 vimal joined #gluster-dev
05:28 Humble jiffin, ping, pm
05:28 pppp joined #gluster-dev
05:28 jobewan joined #gluster-dev
05:28 jiffin Humble: pong
05:31 jiffin Humble+
05:32 jiffin Humble++
05:32 glusterbot jiffin: Humble's karma is now 23
05:35 ppai joined #gluster-dev
05:36 pppp joined #gluster-dev
05:38 pppp joined #gluster-dev
05:39 asengupt joined #gluster-dev
05:42 hgowtham joined #gluster-dev
05:56 mohan joined #gluster-dev
06:00 ashiq joined #gluster-dev
06:02 nishanth joined #gluster-dev
06:02 hgowtham joined #gluster-dev
06:20 pranithk xavih: One data corruption I hope is over. Sent the patches on both master and release-3.7. I am gonna check if this has any problems with keeping 'lock->healing' proper.
06:23 Apeksha joined #gluster-dev
06:30 overclk joined #gluster-dev
06:38 kotreshhr1 joined #gluster-dev
06:44 rafi pranithk: hi
06:46 rafi joined #gluster-dev
06:47 mohan joined #gluster-dev
06:48 vmallika joined #gluster-dev
07:07 skoduri joined #gluster-dev
07:32 overclk joined #gluster-dev
07:52 EinstCrazy joined #gluster-dev
07:55 overclk left #gluster-dev
07:58 rafi joined #gluster-dev
08:01 overclk joined #gluster-dev
08:01 atinm joined #gluster-dev
08:02 kotreshhr joined #gluster-dev
08:03 pppp joined #gluster-dev
08:05 xavih pranithk|lunch: ping. Let me know when you are back
08:06 rafi joined #gluster-dev
08:14 josferna joined #gluster-dev
08:19 EinstCrazy joined #gluster-dev
08:34 deepakcs joined #gluster-dev
08:38 Humble joined #gluster-dev
08:52 aravindavk joined #gluster-dev
09:02 EinstCra_ joined #gluster-dev
09:09 ndevos hagarth: could you check if Gerrit fails to post comments in bugzilla again?
09:09 ndevos at least bug 1277105 did not get all revisions of the patch :-/
09:09 glusterbot Bug https://bugzilla.redhat.com:443/show_bug.cgi?id=1277105 unspecified, unspecified, ---, mliyazud, POST , vol quota enable fails when transport.socket.bind-address is set in glusterd
09:10 atinm joined #gluster-dev
09:22 spalai joined #gluster-dev
09:25 EinstCrazy joined #gluster-dev
09:43 ndevos csim: do you know how long a delay there can be when an email is sent to a list and before it is available in the archives?
09:45 csim ndevos: depend, but should reasonable to exceed 20 minutes in the worst common case
09:46 ndevos csim: hmm, okay, thanks :)
09:46 * ndevos just hits refresh every now and then
09:47 kotreshhr left #gluster-dev
09:51 sakshi joined #gluster-dev
09:53 spalai joined #gluster-dev
10:30 EinstCra_ joined #gluster-dev
10:32 EinstCr__ joined #gluster-dev
10:34 gem joined #gluster-dev
10:59 kkeithley1 joined #gluster-dev
11:01 EinstCrazy joined #gluster-dev
11:05 ppai joined #gluster-dev
11:09 suliba joined #gluster-dev
11:11 skoduri joined #gluster-dev
11:21 Manikandan joined #gluster-dev
11:28 josferna_ joined #gluster-dev
11:32 ndevos REMINDER: Gluster Bug Triage starts in ~30 minutes in #gluster-meeting
11:34 spalai joined #gluster-dev
11:35 ndevos Manikandan, anoopcs, rafi, jiffin, rastar, kdhananjay, hgowtham, *: ^
11:35 Manikandan ndevos, (y) :-)
11:35 kdhananjay ndevos: I will be there!
11:36 jiffin ndevos: will be theref for 15mins
11:36 rastar ndevos: I am leaving now, might not be able to make it
11:36 rafi ndevos: sure
11:37 rafi ndevos: I have added a topic to open floor
11:37 rafi gem: Manikandan : Could you please join the meeting today
11:37 Manikandan rafi : about the bug automation thing ?
11:37 rafi Manikandan: yes
11:37 Manikandan rafi, yeah sure :-)
11:38 rafi pranithk: can you join the meeting,
11:39 rafi pranithk: we can discuss about automated bug worlflow, at the end
11:41 firemanxbr joined #gluster-dev
11:42 rafi ndevos: Manikandan : Ooops , I have another meeting at the same
11:43 rafi ndevos: Manikandan : I might not be able to join on time
11:44 ndevos rafi: hmm, you really should remind the organizers that a community meeting takes place at this time, the organizers should not double-book engineers
11:46 rafi ndevos: :)
11:47 Manikandan rafi, no problem, it is at the end know..
12:02 ndevos REMINDER: Gluster Bug Triage starts *now* in #gluster-meeting
12:05 sakshi joined #gluster-dev
12:07 bkunal joined #gluster-dev
12:12 nishanth joined #gluster-dev
12:15 ndarshan joined #gluster-dev
12:18 Manikandan jiffin++, thanks :-)
12:18 glusterbot Manikandan: jiffin's karma is now 14
12:18 jiffin Manikandan: np
12:46 hgowtham Manikandan, thanks
12:46 hgowtham Manikandan++
12:46 glusterbot hgowtham: Manikandan's karma is now 32
12:47 Manikandan hgowtham, np :-)
12:50 kkeithley_ gah.  installing cmake on debian stretch is pulling in all of libreoffice.
13:02 ndevos kkeithley_: hah, more and smaller sub-packages do have their advantage :)
13:06 kkeithley_ indeed
13:07 zhangjn joined #gluster-dev
13:07 kkeithley_ that's just out of control though.
13:19 pranithk joined #gluster-dev
13:20 ira joined #gluster-dev
13:23 mohan joined #gluster-dev
13:33 vimal joined #gluster-dev
13:48 mchangir joined #gluster-dev
14:18 ira joined #gluster-dev
14:18 poornimag joined #gluster-dev
14:22 hgowtham joined #gluster-dev
14:30 hagarth ndevos: is the gerrit trigget to update bugzilla still broken?
14:31 mchangir_ joined #gluster-dev
14:37 rafi joined #gluster-dev
14:47 zhangjn joined #gluster-dev
14:50 shubhendu joined #gluster-dev
14:53 amye joined #gluster-dev
14:53 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
14:56 zhangjn joined #gluster-dev
14:56 amye joined #gluster-dev
14:57 ndevos hagarth: yes, the patch and merge comment didnt make it to bugzilla for http://review.gluster.org/#/c/12565/
14:59 rafi joined #gluster-dev
15:10 hagarth ndevos: refreshed the cookie again on r.g.o
15:10 ndevos hagarth: thanks!
15:13 ndevos sometimes a little patience is needed - http://sourceforge.net/p/fuse/mailman/message/34608610/
15:14 hagarth ndevos: would you want to cancel the community meeting tomorrow?  am assuming that attendance from Bangalore would be very thin
15:14 hagarth ndevos: seems to be working - https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1274626#c9
15:14 glusterbot Bug 1274626: is not accessible.
15:14 ndevos hagarth: yeah, we can cancel it I guess, I wanted to ask you about that too :)
15:15 * ndevos will send an email in a bit
15:15 hagarth darn, private bugs suck.
15:16 ndevos hagarth: can you fix that, or shall I?
15:19 hagarth ndevos: done
15:19 hagarth https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1274626#c9
15:19 glusterbot Bug 1274626: urgent, urgent, ---, hgowtham, POST , Remove selinux mount option from "man mount.glusterfs"
15:19 ndevos hagarth: thanks :)
15:20 ndevos hagarth: hmm, maybe we should add a check in the Jenkins test to see if any groups are set
15:21 hagarth ndevos: sounds like a good idea, I would like to add a check for private descriptions too
15:21 nishanth joined #gluster-dev
15:22 ndevos hagarth: oh, not sure if those things are accessible through the bugzilla command, it probably needs some python scripting :-/
15:23 cholcombe joined #gluster-dev
15:29 poornimag joined #gluster-dev
15:30 hagarth ndevos: yeah, the bugzilla CLI might not be able to help here.
15:31 ndevos hagarth: not for the comment part, but it can display the groups: bugzilla query -b $PRIVATE_BUG --outputformat '%{groups}'
15:36 ndevos hagarth: please review https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-patch-acceptance-tests/pull/5 :)
15:36 ndevos oh, I guess its wrong... an empty group list seems to be displayed as []
15:38 csim tigert: web build failed
15:40 csim tigert: http://fpaste.org/288863/44717002/
15:40 dlambrig_ joined #gluster-dev
15:42 ndevos hagarth: ok, now you can review https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-patch-acceptance-tests/pull/5
15:50 hagarth ndevos: lgtm
15:52 hagarth ndevos: merged too
15:52 ndevos hagarth: ah, thanks, I'll update the script in Jenkins then
15:53 ndevos oh, the script isnt in Jenkins, its on build.gluster.org
15:54 ndevos hagarth: now you  can try to find an other private bug and send a patch for it ;-)
16:02 tigert csim: the 3.8.md filename is causing issues
16:02 tigert I think
16:04 hagarth ndevos: will do .. I am close to finding a fix for that
16:04 hagarth tigert: I did rename 3.8.md to index.md in 3.8
16:05 tigert yeah hmm
16:06 ndevos kkeithley_: have you ever tried the CentOS Storage SIG -testing repository?
16:06 kkeithley_ I have not. I need to pay closer attention to that.
16:08 kkeithley_ I'd like to get to the point where we don't build RHEL/CentOS/EPEL packages in Koji any more, and just point to the Storage SIG repo.
16:09 kkeithley_ BTW, I didn't see a 3.7.6 announcement from Talur. Did I miss it?
16:12 kkeithley_ If we actually have RPMs in the Storage SIG repo from now on then we can/should switch over starting with the next release.
16:15 ndevos kkeithley_: I did not see an announcement either
16:16 ndevos kkeithley_: and, I'm working on getting the packages tagged as release, and we can add a centos-storage-gluster-release package to centos-extras
16:16 ndevos just would like to run some tests on the -testing repository... hoped you had a .repo file ready :)
16:20 kkeithley_ I can cobble up a .repo file pretty easily. Where is the repo?
16:22 kkeithley_ something with newer bits than http://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/storage/gluster/x86_64/Packages/
16:23 ndevos kkeithley_: yeah, I'm not sure yet where the repo is...
16:25 ndevos kkeithley_: ah, http://cbs.centos.org/repos/storage7-gluster-37-testing/x86_64/os/Packages/ looks more like it
16:27 kkeithley_ that's not a repo though, just a directory with a bunch of RPMs.
16:27 wushudoin joined #gluster-dev
16:29 mohan joined #gluster-dev
16:30 kkeithley_ ndevos: did you fix the path to the pub.key in the .../3.7.6/Fedora/glusterfs-fedora.repo file
16:32 ndevos kkeithley_: no, I dont think I have access to the new download.gluster.org site
16:33 kkeithley_ doh, of course
16:34 ndevos and http://cbs.centos.org/repos/storage7-gluster-37-testing/x86_64/os/ is the repo, +/Packages to list the RPMs :)
16:34 kkeithley_ okay
16:37 kkeithley_ kewl, I'll use that repo for the ganesha test cluster I'm setting up.
16:42 rafi joined #gluster-dev
16:42 ndevos kkeithley_: that repo also has glusterfs-coreutils for testing ;-)
16:43 ndevos kkeithley_: I can still re-rename ntirpc to libntirpc, got an opinion on that?
16:46 kkeithley_ well....   It has been _lib_ntirpc since it was originally packaged in Fedora. I don't feel strongly about it, but it does seem like a gratuitous change
16:47 kkeithley_ And the .spec files will be forever slightly different from each other.
16:47 amye left #gluster-dev
16:48 ndevos oh, interesting, at least one person wants glusterfs-3.7 (client) on rhel-5
16:50 amye1 joined #gluster-dev
17:14 kkeithley_ ndevos: .repo file for centos sig http://paste.fedoraproject.org/288904/14471756
17:17 kkeithley_ Storage SIG RPMs aren't signed (still). :-(
17:17 kkeithley_ I guess that's because they're still in -testing?
17:26 kkeithley_ lunch/coffee time. biab
18:03 wushudoin joined #gluster-dev
18:09 mchangir_ kkeithley, got some minutes to spare for the rhel-5 client build fix review? no hurry though (http://review.gluster.org/#/c/12517/)
18:10 mchangir_ kkeithley_, got some minutes to spare for the rhel-5 client build fix review? no hurry though (http://review.gluster.org/#/c/12517/)
18:17 amye joined #gluster-dev
18:18 shyam left #gluster-dev
18:51 poornimag joined #gluster-dev
18:55 ndevos kkeithley_: yeah, only the -release repo gets signed, see http://www.karan.org/CBS_ContentPromotion.png
19:23 shyam joined #gluster-dev
19:32 lpabon joined #gluster-dev
19:47 shaunm joined #gluster-dev
19:49 vimal joined #gluster-dev
20:00 kkeithley_ mchangir_: I'd really like to have jdarcy look at it
22:10 dlambrig_ joined #gluster-dev
22:13 ira joined #gluster-dev
23:21 amye joined #gluster-dev
23:24 amye joined #gluster-dev

| Channels | #gluster-dev index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary