Perl 6 - the future is here, just unevenly distributed

IRC log for #gluster-dev, 2016-02-02

| Channels | #gluster-dev index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
00:44 atinm joined #gluster-dev
00:57 JoeJulian hagarth: https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-specs/​blob/master/done/GlusterFS%203.7/BitRot.md was last updated a year ago. What's the bit rot status today?
01:43 zhangjn joined #gluster-dev
01:50 raghu joined #gluster-dev
01:54 atinm joined #gluster-dev
01:58 raghu_ joined #gluster-dev
02:16 raghu joined #gluster-dev
02:35 hagarth JoeJulian: bit rot is fully supported in 3.7
02:54 zhangjn joined #gluster-dev
03:01 pranithk joined #gluster-dev
03:05 rafi joined #gluster-dev
03:17 JoeJulian hagarth: even the automatic repair that was slated for 3.8?
03:24 pranithk JoeJulian: hey that was my scewup. I didn't find it in the review. Upgrade bug you guys found
03:24 pranithk JoeJulian: Are the rpms already available?
03:24 pranithk JoeJulian: can we call it off?
03:24 pranithk hagarth: ^^
03:25 pranithk JoeJulian: I can do respin of the release
03:27 JoeJulian Oh, right. IMHO that's a good plan.
03:32 JoeJulian In that case, hagarth, I'd be tempted to suggest making the rpm %pre fail the install if it's an upgrade.
03:33 hagarth pranithk: maybe we should just expedite 3.7.8 since we have already tagged 3.7.7 in git?
03:33 pranithk hagarth: We can't do much now?
03:34 pranithk hagarth: but people can't upgrade to 3.7.7 :-(
03:34 hagarth pranithk: we've not done tag deletions in the past
03:34 gem joined #gluster-dev
03:34 hagarth pranithk: that can possibly be mitigated by what JoeJulian mentions
03:35 JoeJulian Like I say, if you can't "upgrade" to 3.7.7, roll a 3.7.7-2 and fail upgrades in %pre.
03:35 JoeJulian Then it'll just be the ubuntu users that will have problems and I'm ok with that. ;)
03:36 pranithk JoeJulian: I am not good with making these things. hagarth you know what Joe is saying?
03:36 hagarth JoeJulian: yes, it is pretty straightforward. Check with Humble and kkeithley about that.
03:36 pranithk JoeJulian: Don't make sad man :-(. I did the release and my own component is screwed :-(
03:36 hagarth oops s/JoeJulian/pranithk/
03:36 pranithk hagarth: Will I have to write any documentation for this?
03:36 hagarth how about not building any packages for 3.7.7?
03:37 JoeJulian I was thinking that would be a good idea, especially for the ppa.
03:37 hagarth we could just have all the packages built out for 3.7.8 .. that way nobody would normally attempt an upgrade to 3.7.7
03:37 pranithk hagarth: That is what I am saying. 3.7.7 rpms won't land until Kaleb/Humble do something right?
03:37 hagarth pranithk: right
03:37 pranithk hagarth: So you are saying we build one more tag with 3.7.8 and release?
03:38 JoeJulian +1
03:38 JoeJulian That includes all the memory fixes.
03:38 JoeJulian But I think some of them are still in review.
03:38 hagarth pranithk: right
03:39 pranithk hagarth: Will we release rpms with this problem or not?
03:39 hagarth pranithk: let us include all the memory leak fixes .. post-factum has a list of patches that need to be in.
03:39 JoeJulian https://gist.github.com/0dbe28043fb24ba4f560
03:39 hagarth pranithk: no need to release packages for 3.7.7
03:39 JoeJulian ^ that's his list.
03:39 pranithk hagarth: post-factum is Oleksandr?
03:39 JoeJulian Yes.
03:39 pranithk hagarth: Okay. :'-(
03:40 pranithk hagarth: I will take it up.
03:40 JoeJulian If I had more time, I'd try to write upgrade test cases to catch these things, but I don't.
03:40 hagarth pranithk: yes, let us try to get 3.7.8 out this week. I would like to see some upgrade test cases populated in distaf.
03:41 pranithk hagarth: yeah
03:41 pranithk JoeJulian: I will take this up.
03:42 shubhendu joined #gluster-dev
03:43 nishanth joined #gluster-dev
03:44 JoeJulian Thanks, pranithk. Sorry this got caught so late.
03:44 JoeJulian goodnight guys.
03:44 pranithk JoeJulian: At least it got caught before the rpms went out
03:44 pranithk JoeJulian: thanks!
03:51 EinstCra_ joined #gluster-dev
03:52 kanagaraj joined #gluster-dev
03:56 kdhananjay joined #gluster-dev
04:06 itisravi joined #gluster-dev
04:07 itisravi joined #gluster-dev
04:08 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
04:10 itisravi pranithk: are you planning to revert the changelog xattrs patch?
04:11 pranithk itisravi: Nope, revert to normal way of building the xattrs if the key is not present
04:12 itisravi pranithk: But that would lead to some clients operating on the xattrs in the volfile and the others to use the client xlator names..
04:12 pranithk itisravi: but they are same aren't they?
04:13 itisravi pranithk: Only at the moment.
04:13 itisravi pranithk:  I mean we added that feature to configure it to use something other than the client xlator name.
04:14 pranithk itisravi: Yes, in future. But that future is yet to come and we need to control it based on the feature that is going to use it.
04:14 pranithk itisravi: to give you an example
04:14 pranithk itisravi: If we implement server side afr. We will use an option to generate the xlator on the brick side
04:15 mchangir joined #gluster-dev
04:15 pranithk itisravi: that is when we have to force the op-version incompatibility. Not now.
04:16 pranithk itisravi: There is no bug in your implementation. Bug is in my solution...
04:18 itisravi pranithk: umm..so in the future when we do enforce this feature, we will need to upgrade all servers, bump up the opversion , do a dummy `volume set` to regenerate the volfiles *and* upgrade all clients too right?
04:19 pranithk itisravi: For server side afr, we need the volume to be stopped, when the option is set the volfile regneration happens automatically.
04:20 itisravi pranithk: right, so I was wondering if it is better to just revert the patch.
04:22 pranithk itisravi: IMO no. We need to move away from the current way of working anyway. So... we have to bite this at one point or the other.
04:24 itisravi pranithk: hmm..okay..but btw this is not a real prob. for rolling upgrades as the selfheal daemon in the other node will still heal thef files to the upgraded node.
04:24 itisravi when you upgrade the second node too, there will be no shd.
04:25 itisravi but then like you said, if we are doing volume stop as a part of enforcement, we are good.
04:26 pranithk itisravi: that is for server-side. But current way of working is not letting any xlators come in the middle of afr and client xlators
04:26 vmallika joined #gluster-dev
04:26 itisravi yes
04:26 pranithk itisravi: So this patch is important to facilitate that.
04:26 sakshi joined #gluster-dev
04:27 itisravi pranithk: okay
04:27 pranithk itisravi: Now the plan is to release 3.7.8 along with mem-leak fixes by end of this week
04:27 pranithk itisravi: We are not spinning rpms for 3.7.7
04:27 itisravi pranithk: got it
04:28 jiffin joined #gluster-dev
04:32 atinm joined #gluster-dev
04:47 zhangjn joined #gluster-dev
04:47 aspandey joined #gluster-dev
04:49 nishanth joined #gluster-dev
04:49 baojg joined #gluster-dev
04:51 shubhendu joined #gluster-dev
04:54 Manikandan joined #gluster-dev
04:58 pppp joined #gluster-dev
04:59 aravindavk joined #gluster-dev
05:00 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
05:14 Bhaskarakiran joined #gluster-dev
05:16 rafi joined #gluster-dev
05:30 baojg joined #gluster-dev
05:34 kotreshhr joined #gluster-dev
05:37 hgowtham joined #gluster-dev
05:40 ashiq joined #gluster-dev
05:47 asengupt joined #gluster-dev
05:48 vmallika joined #gluster-dev
05:56 nishanth joined #gluster-dev
05:59 kdhananjay joined #gluster-dev
06:03 ndarshan joined #gluster-dev
06:08 vimal joined #gluster-dev
06:15 ggarg joined #gluster-dev
06:16 Saravanakmr joined #gluster-dev
06:24 Bhaskarakiran joined #gluster-dev
06:29 atalur joined #gluster-dev
06:39 aspandey joined #gluster-dev
06:45 Apeksha joined #gluster-dev
06:48 gem joined #gluster-dev
06:55 mchangir joined #gluster-dev
06:55 gem joined #gluster-dev
07:04 rjoseph|afk can anybody merge this patch http://review.gluster.org/#/c/13289/ ?
07:05 rjoseph It got all the acks
07:33 post-factum pranithk: yup, I'm that one Oleksandr :)
07:44 Bhaskarakiran joined #gluster-dev
07:50 shubhendu joined #gluster-dev
07:50 aspandey joined #gluster-dev
08:07 shaunm joined #gluster-dev
08:20 rjoseph rtalur++
08:20 glusterbot rjoseph: rtalur's karma is now 1
08:47 skoduri joined #gluster-dev
08:53 kshlm joined #gluster-dev
08:54 shaunm joined #gluster-dev
09:04 zhangjn joined #gluster-dev
09:06 kshlm joined #gluster-dev
09:09 zhangjn joined #gluster-dev
09:28 EinstCrazy joined #gluster-dev
09:41 gem_ joined #gluster-dev
09:45 baojg joined #gluster-dev
09:45 ppai joined #gluster-dev
09:47 sakshi joined #gluster-dev
09:49 Humble joined #gluster-dev
09:59 lpabon joined #gluster-dev
09:59 lpabon joined #gluster-dev
10:06 aravindavk joined #gluster-dev
10:11 zhangjn joined #gluster-dev
10:12 Humble joined #gluster-dev
10:29 lpabon joined #gluster-dev
10:35 aravindavk joined #gluster-dev
10:42 EinstCrazy joined #gluster-dev
10:57 EinstCrazy joined #gluster-dev
10:58 zhangjn joined #gluster-dev
10:59 zhangjn joined #gluster-dev
11:00 zhangjn joined #gluster-dev
11:06 zhangjn joined #gluster-dev
11:09 aravindavk joined #gluster-dev
11:10 Debloper joined #gluster-dev
11:13 zhangjn joined #gluster-dev
11:14 zhangjn joined #gluster-dev
11:15 zhangjn joined #gluster-dev
11:16 zhangjn joined #gluster-dev
11:17 zhangjn joined #gluster-dev
11:19 zhangjn joined #gluster-dev
11:20 zhangjn joined #gluster-dev
11:21 zhangjn joined #gluster-dev
11:24 zhangjn joined #gluster-dev
11:25 zhangjn joined #gluster-dev
11:26 luizcpg joined #gluster-dev
11:35 kotreshhr left #gluster-dev
11:42 luizcpg joined #gluster-dev
11:42 spalai joined #gluster-dev
11:52 Bhaskarakiran joined #gluster-dev
11:54 mchangir joined #gluster-dev
11:56 Manikandan REMINDER: Gluster Community Bug Triage meeting (Today) in about 3 minutes at #gluster-meeting
12:05 kanagaraj joined #gluster-dev
12:07 Manikandan [CANCELED] Gluster Community Bug Triage meeting (Today) in about 3 minutes at #gluster-meeting because of less number of participants
12:07 Manikandan [CANCELED] Gluster Community Bug Triage meeting for today* because of less number of participants
12:23 kshlm joined #gluster-dev
12:26 sakshi joined #gluster-dev
12:26 sakshi joined #gluster-dev
12:29 luizcpg joined #gluster-dev
12:29 kanagaraj joined #gluster-dev
12:34 kkeithley1 joined #gluster-dev
12:45 ira joined #gluster-dev
13:00 kshlm joined #gluster-dev
13:04 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
13:06 inevity joined #gluster-dev
13:07 kkeithley1 joined #gluster-dev
13:07 kanagaraj joined #gluster-dev
13:07 kanagaraj 10.70.46.41:8080
13:08 kanagaraj pls ignore, wrong window :(
13:09 primusinterpares joined #gluster-dev
13:11 EinstCrazy joined #gluster-dev
13:14 aravindavk joined #gluster-dev
13:15 shubhendu joined #gluster-dev
13:15 nishanth joined #gluster-dev
13:17 post-factum joined #gluster-dev
13:19 sakshi joined #gluster-dev
13:28 asengupt joined #gluster-dev
13:54 ggarg joined #gluster-dev
14:06 vmallika joined #gluster-dev
14:10 raghu joined #gluster-dev
14:14 asengupt joined #gluster-dev
14:26 kshlm kkeithley1, I have patch that I want to try with wheezy.
14:26 kshlm How do I get debuild to apply the patch.
14:26 pranithk joined #gluster-dev
14:28 kkeithley1 w
14:29 kkeithley1 kshlm: where are you?
14:29 kshlm I'm in the TPB office.
14:33 kkeithley_ in .../debian/patches create two files. One is your patch, the other is a file named "series" and it consists of the name(s) of your patch file(s) in -- the order you want them applied.
14:33 shubhendu joined #gluster-dev
14:34 kshlm That didn't work.
14:34 kkeithley_ e.g. you can look on rhs-vm-12:~kkeithle/src/github/​glusterfs-debian/debian/patches and see what my existing (broken) patch looks like
14:35 kkeithley_ can I look at yours?
14:35 kshlm ~kaushal/glusterfs-3.7.6/debian
14:35 kshlm On the same machine.
14:36 kkeithley_ yup
14:36 raghu joined #gluster-dev
14:36 raghu_ joined #gluster-dev
14:37 kkeithley_ what didn't work? The patch wasn't applied?
14:37 kshlm Yes.
14:37 kshlm Configure failed.
14:38 kshlm If the patch was applied it shouldn't have failed.
14:39 kkeithley_ maybe we can sit together tomorrow and try it?
14:39 kshlm Sure.
14:39 kkeithley_ unless you want to come over here now?
14:39 kshlm Where are you?
14:39 kshlm Which building & room?
14:40 kkeithley_ FBC I, third floor, Magenta
14:40 kshlm okay. Give me 30 minutes.
14:44 lpabon joined #gluster-dev
14:46 asengupt joined #gluster-dev
14:51 Humble joined #gluster-dev
15:04 kshlm joined #gluster-dev
15:26 lpabon joined #gluster-dev
15:29 EinstCrazy joined #gluster-dev
15:48 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
16:10 kshlm joined #gluster-dev
16:18 skoduri joined #gluster-dev
16:19 lpabon joined #gluster-dev
16:20 Willy joined #gluster-dev
16:22 kshlm joined #gluster-dev
16:33 wushudoin joined #gluster-dev
16:44 jiffin joined #gluster-dev
16:46 kshlm hagarth, Are you online?
16:46 pranithk joined #gluster-dev
16:46 hagarth kshlm: yes
16:47 kshlm I have a question on iWeb for you.
16:47 kshlm Do you know if engg.gluster.com has a NAT in front of review.gluster.org and build.gluster.org?
16:48 kshlm We (manu, pranith and I ) think that it could be the cause for routine disconnects.
16:50 kshlm I can check if I can get access to it.
16:53 gem joined #gluster-dev
17:08 Bhaskarakiran joined #gluster-dev
17:10 rafi joined #gluster-dev
17:14 rafi joined #gluster-dev
17:19 gem joined #gluster-dev
17:33 EinstCrazy joined #gluster-dev
17:46 jiffin joined #gluster-dev
18:18 wushudoin joined #gluster-dev
18:51 ira joined #gluster-dev
19:07 lalatend1M joined #gluster-dev
19:08 obnox_ joined #gluster-dev
19:08 msvbhat_ joined #gluster-dev
19:15 kbyrne joined #gluster-dev
19:16 csaba joined #gluster-dev
19:43 EinstCrazy joined #gluster-dev
19:46 raghu joined #gluster-dev
19:58 kshlm joined #gluster-dev
20:41 bmikhael joined #gluster-dev
22:48 EinstCrazy joined #gluster-dev
23:09 post-fac1um joined #gluster-dev

| Channels | #gluster-dev index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary