Perl 6 - the future is here, just unevenly distributed

IRC log for #gluster-dev, 2016-06-01

| Channels | #gluster-dev index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
00:19 Acinonyx joined #gluster-dev
01:39 penguinRaider joined #gluster-dev
01:48 ilbot3 joined #gluster-dev
01:48 Topic for #gluster-dev is now Gluster Development Channel - http://gluster.org | For general chat go to #gluster | Patches - http://review.gluster.org/ | Channel Logs - https://botbot.me/freenode/gluster-dev/ & http://irclog.perlgeek.de/gluster-dev/
01:48 itisravi joined #gluster-dev
01:52 josferna joined #gluster-dev
01:58 luizcpg joined #gluster-dev
02:15 nigelb Morning!
02:16 nigelb Gerrit going down in 15 mins.
02:56 josferna joined #gluster-dev
03:10 nigelb Gerrit upgrade is now complete.
03:10 nigelb Please let me know in case you notice any issues.
03:20 luizcpg joined #gluster-dev
03:21 nigelb Going to grab breakfast. Send me an email if something goes wrong.
03:29 vimal joined #gluster-dev
03:40 itisravi joined #gluster-dev
03:49 mchangir joined #gluster-dev
03:58 josferna joined #gluster-dev
04:15 kotreshhr joined #gluster-dev
04:20 overclk joined #gluster-dev
04:23 aravindavk joined #gluster-dev
04:27 gem joined #gluster-dev
04:38 rastar joined #gluster-dev
04:41 sakshi joined #gluster-dev
04:41 atinm joined #gluster-dev
04:52 ppai joined #gluster-dev
04:56 shubhendu joined #gluster-dev
04:57 jiffin joined #gluster-dev
05:01 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
05:06 gem joined #gluster-dev
05:06 gem_ joined #gluster-dev
05:10 spalai joined #gluster-dev
05:12 aspandey joined #gluster-dev
05:13 ndarshan joined #gluster-dev
05:17 rafi joined #gluster-dev
05:17 Manikandan joined #gluster-dev
05:20 rafi1 joined #gluster-dev
05:20 Apeksha joined #gluster-dev
05:23 ashiq joined #gluster-dev
05:30 mchangir joined #gluster-dev
05:31 hgowtham joined #gluster-dev
05:32 poornimag joined #gluster-dev
05:36 kotreshhr joined #gluster-dev
05:38 Bhaskarakiran joined #gluster-dev
05:41 vimal joined #gluster-dev
05:54 ppai nigelb, Hi. I see a "Server Error" when I click on "Sign-in with GitHub"
05:54 atalur joined #gluster-dev
05:55 ppai nigelb, this is the URL that throws it - "http://review.gluster.org/login?final=true"
05:56 karthik___ joined #gluster-dev
05:57 spalai joined #gluster-dev
05:57 ppai nigelb, cleaned browser's cache and cookies, still the same
05:58 ppai left #gluster-dev
05:58 ppai joined #gluster-dev
05:59 spalai ppai: nigelb: am also getting _server_error_
06:03 poornimag rjoseph, Can you please merge the patch http://review.gluster.org/#/c/14434/  ?
06:03 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
06:05 Saravanakmr joined #gluster-dev
06:09 pkalever joined #gluster-dev
06:19 prasanth joined #gluster-dev
06:44 gem joined #gluster-dev
06:45 kdhananjay joined #gluster-dev
06:48 nishanth joined #gluster-dev
06:54 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
06:56 hchiramm joined #gluster-dev
07:11 pur__ joined #gluster-dev
07:14 rastar joined #gluster-dev
07:22 nigelb ppai: looking at it now.
07:26 nigelb ppai: I can't reproduce the error. I'll look at the logs to see if anything odd has popped up.
07:26 ppai nigelb, ok
07:26 nigelb ppai: what's your github username?
07:27 ppai nigelb: prashanthpai
07:28 ppai nigelb: it's different from the username in gerrit which I think is "ppai" as per my git repo remotes but that shouldn't matter though
07:28 nigelb I don't see anything useful in historical logs.
07:28 spalai nigelb: same here
07:29 spalai github username: spalai
07:29 pranithk1 joined #gluster-dev
07:30 nigelb this is so weird.
07:31 poornimag pranithk1, Can you please merge http://review.gluster.org/#/c/14434  ? Thanks
07:31 ppai left #gluster-dev
07:31 ppai joined #gluster-dev
07:32 nigelb ppai / spalai - Have you tried in a private browsing window?
07:32 nigelb Could you please try if you haven't.
07:32 spalai nigelb: yes
07:33 spalai nigelb: still seeing the same issue
07:33 ppai nigelb: yep, just tried it. Still the same
07:33 pranithk1 poornimag: You are going to get me into trouble by making merge patches I know nothing about :-). I think you should find someone who knows this code and has merge permissions
07:34 nigelb oh fun.
07:34 ppai nigelb: would it be worthwhile to disconnect gerrit as authenticated app from github account and retry ?
07:35 nigelb I'm trying to read the logs before I do that.
07:35 nigelb The console on the server is too small to read java logs
07:39 nigelb ppai / spalai - Is your github username and gerrit username different?
07:39 ppai nigelb: yes it is
07:39 nigelb Looks like that is most likely the issue.
07:39 nigelb The newer version of the github plugin is trying to force your local username to github username.
07:39 nigelb And you can't change username.
07:40 ppai nigelb: it's always been that way
07:40 nigelb Give me a bit to figure out a solution.
07:40 nigelb I know, I bet the github-gerrit plugin did something new.
07:40 ppai nigelb: sure, i'll pm you the rest traffic between browser and gerrit if it helps
07:40 nigelb ppai: can you confirm that you're hitting the same error on review.nigelb.me?
07:41 ppai nigelb, yeah, I can see it there too
07:47 rastar joined #gluster-dev
07:54 pur__ joined #gluster-dev
07:54 nigelb spalai / ppai|afk - please check now.
08:42 ppai nigelb, sorry. it's still the same for me
08:43 nigelb ppai: Even on a fresh session?
08:43 ppai nigelb: Yes. I tried in incognito mode
08:44 nigelb gah.
08:44 karthik___ joined #gluster-dev
08:47 spalai nigelb: did not work
08:47 nigelb Damn.
08:49 ndarshan joined #gluster-dev
09:00 nigelb ppai / spalai - Is it possible for either of you to change your github username to match gerrit username?
09:00 nigelb I'm emailing the gerrit mailing list, because I think we've hit a very small corner case.
09:07 anoopcs nigelb, Changing github username is easy. But already cloned repos and related remotes have to be updated with new user name. Would it be easier to change gerrit username?
09:07 nigelb gerrit username is incredibly difficult :)
09:07 anoopcs :-/
09:07 nigelb They gerrit folks actively recommend not doing it.
09:08 nigelb Because it messes up with history.
09:08 anoopcs Hm.
09:08 nigelb Of old reviews and old history.
09:08 anoopcs So we hit a bug in Gerrit...!!
09:08 nigelb We hit a bug in github plugin for gerrit.
09:09 nigelb it's assuming that your github username is the same as your gerrit username.
09:09 nigelb (this is why the rest of us for whom this is not true do not have any issues.
09:09 anoopcs that includes me :-)
09:10 * misc has misc@gerrit and mscherer@github
09:10 nigelb misc: does it fail horribly for you too?
09:10 misc nigelb: dunno, didn't test
09:11 misc I can try now however
09:11 nigelb Aaaaand gerritforge ci is down.
09:11 nigelb so I can't even test the master version of the plugin.
09:18 nigelb This doesn't make sense. Seemingly, I've configured something wrong.
09:18 nigelb misc: Could you please try?
09:21 ppai nigelb, I wouldn't want to change my github username yet.
09:21 misc server error
09:21 misc nigelb: so yeah, fail for me too
09:22 ppai nigelb: "Because your old username is available for use by anyone else after you change it, that person would be able to create repositories that override the redirect entries"
09:22 ppai nigelb: https://help.github.com/articles/what-happens-when-i-change-my-username/
09:22 nigelb Oh dear.
09:22 nigelb Don't, then.
09:23 nigelb I've emailed gerrit folks. Meanwhile, I'm figuring out if there's a configuration mistake I've done.
09:37 rastar anoopcs: ndevos jiffin rafi1 I won't be able to make it for gluster meeting today (overlaps partially with my travel plans), would one of you please host the meeting?
09:38 nishanth joined #gluster-dev
09:39 rafi1 rastar: I haven't participated in last couple of meeting,
09:39 rafi1 rastar: I'm out of pace,
09:39 rastar nigelb: interesting, I was seeing the Server error on staging server yesterday. I have different user names on gerrit and github.
09:39 rafi1 rastar: if no body is available, I can host it
09:39 rastar nigelb: today I am able to login on r.g.o with no problem
09:39 rastar rastar: Thanks a lot
09:39 nigelb rastar: wait, what.
09:40 nigelb That's not confusing at all :)
09:40 rastar rafi1: thanks a lot
09:40 nigelb rastar: Even on on a private browsing session?
09:40 rastar rafi1: the etherpad is updated
09:40 rafi1 rastar: okey
09:40 rastar nigelb: yes, yesterday I had server error even in private browsing session/ after clearing all caches etc
09:41 rastar nigelb: now I jinxed it. I logged out once to test it and I hit the server error now. :(
09:41 nigelb rastar: dang :)
09:42 rafi1 hchiramm: would you be able to host today's community meeting ?
09:42 nigelb Everything points to it being what I think it is. I'm wondering if it's too late to roll back.
09:42 nigelb If we pushed changes today, it may be too late.
09:42 rafi1 4
09:43 nigelb particularly frustrating since it doesn't happen for me.
09:45 ppai nigelb, this might help: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/repo-discuss/nYKPYEpwoco
09:46 nigelb already made that change.
09:50 rraja joined #gluster-dev
09:50 ppai nigelb: a lot of people will probably hit into this once they log out, it's not uncommon to have different usernames :/
09:54 nigelb ppai: I know. I'm going to see if I can have a fix soon.
09:55 nigelb ppai: can you test review.nigelb.me now?
09:57 ppai nigelb, now it gets stuck on clicking "Sign-in with GitHub" and then returns '504 Gateway Time-out'
09:58 nigelb *whee*
09:58 nigelb more debuggin
09:59 misc I suspect people are already logged out after the upgrade
10:01 ndevos rastar: I have a similar issue, I'm taking todays afternoon off...
10:02 nigelb Bah, sorry about the mess.
10:03 * ndevos just was asked to login again...
10:03 misc nigelb: well, if nothing broke, that would have mean that the upgrade didn't work and we were running on the old version :p
10:04 nigelb That's my final option.
10:04 nigelb which is fall back to pre-upgrade version of gerrit.
10:04 nigelb This means we lose any reviews done since upgrade.
10:07 rastar ndevos: no problem, rafi1 will host the meeting :)
10:08 ndevos rafi++ thanks!
10:08 glusterbot ndevos: rafi's karma is now 47
10:14 rastar nigelb: is this comment useful? https://groups.google.com/d/msg/repo-discuss/fCYf4it4vsc/D_6IJ__NpEgJ
10:15 rastar nigelb: I remember we had faced similar issue when we had upgrade gerrit the last time.
10:16 nigelb *maybe*
10:16 rastar nigelb: we had to edit the db to map the gerrit ids to corresponding oauth ids
10:16 nigelb OH.
10:16 rastar nigelb: that would be a lot of manual work though
10:17 anoopcs rastar, nigelb: I remember the time when Justin Clift had put up some public pad to track those who had problems while we swithced to GitHub OAuth.
10:18 nigelb Looks like I'm signing up for this manual work.
10:18 nigelb The only other option is to switch to a different plugin.
10:18 kotreshhr nigelb: My gerrit and github username is same and upgraded gerrit works fine for me.
10:18 nigelb But I'd rather not.
10:18 nigelb kotreshhr: Same for me. We seem to be a minority :)
10:18 kotreshhr nigelb: :)
10:18 nigelb (this is also why I didn't catch this issue before migration)
10:19 anoopcs nigelb, Is this a regression from some previous version or was it present from day 1?
10:20 rastar anoopcs: this is how the plugin works
10:20 nigelb This is how the plugin is supposed to work.
10:20 nigelb We had some sort of hack to work around this.
10:20 nigelb which I'll need to redo now :)
10:20 anoopcs So we need to do the mapping manually work.
10:20 nigelb Yup
10:20 nigelb https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/gluster-login-issues
10:20 nigelb Add away.
10:20 anoopcs Wow..So quick.
10:21 anoopcs A notification mail to ML..
10:21 nigelb On it already.
10:21 anoopcs Cool.
10:21 rastar rafi1++
10:21 glusterbot rastar: rafi1's karma is now 5
10:21 rastar nigelb++
10:21 glusterbot rastar: nigelb's karma is now 1
10:22 anoopcs One from my side too.. nigelb++
10:22 glusterbot anoopcs: nigelb's karma is now 2
10:23 ppai nigelb: isn't there a way you can get the mapping list by just querying the old DB ?
10:23 rastar nigelb: we might not be able to get gerrit id, would you be able to map our email ids to gerrit ids?
10:24 nigelb ppai: That's what I intend to do, actually.
10:24 nigelb rastar: That works to. If you add your gerrit ID, I'll recheck everything with you before running a query.
10:25 nigelb I should also write some onboarding docs so people have exactly the same ID.
10:25 nigelb rastar / ppai - Other question I had - Is it okay if I have to give you guys new gerrit accounts?
10:26 nigelb with the right github <-> gerrit mapping?
10:26 nigelb Because that means we don't have this problem *again*.
10:26 rastar nigelb: we would not be able to *own* old patches then
10:26 ppai nigelb afaik, I had faced some problem with having multiple accounts and couldn't list old changes
10:26 rastar nigelb: not really in favor of it
10:27 ppai nigelb: misc had then fixed it by what he mentioned as "re-indexing the DB"
10:27 nigelb rastar: I'll look at solutions to that.
10:27 nigelb ppai: Okay.
10:28 rastar nigelb: ok :)
10:28 nigelb Sorry to destroy your productivity for today.
10:28 anoopcs nigelb, One question: Since this mapping was done before, why it didn't get reflected after db migration? Or was that a Gerrit configuration?
10:29 nigelb I honestly have no idea.
10:29 nigelb I intend to look into it.
10:29 nigelb I've been trying out different config options to see if I can get this working.
10:29 nigelb This has not gone well, because this is how the plugin should behave.
10:29 anoopcs nigelb, OK.
10:29 nigelb I'm also looking at an alternative plugin
10:29 nigelb which does let you have different gerrit usernames and github usernames
10:29 nigelb if that works, I may switch us to it.
10:30 anoopcs Hm.
10:30 nigelb Once I fix it, I'll write up a postmortem as well.
10:30 kkeithley FWIW I think a little pain is worth it to get updated.
10:30 kkeithley nigelb++
10:30 glusterbot kkeithley: nigelb's karma is now 3
10:30 anoopcs Of course .
10:31 anoopcs kkeithley, Gentle reminder for https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1331704
10:31 glusterbot Bug 1331704: medium, medium, ---, kkeithle, ASSIGNED , Review Request: glusterfs-coreutils - Mimics standard Linux coreutils for GlusterFS clusters
10:31 anoopcs :-)
10:33 kkeithley anoopcs: no packaging guidelines checklist! ;-)
10:44 atinm joined #gluster-dev
10:46 mchangir joined #gluster-dev
10:51 pranithk1 joined #gluster-dev
11:06 ndevos jiffin, rafi1: I wont be available during the meeting, 3.8 GA is still planned for later this week, unless absolute blockers get filed
11:06 dlambrig_ joined #gluster-dev
11:07 ndevos jiffin, rafi1: we still need updates to the release notes from feature owners on https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/glusterfs-3.8-release-notes
11:07 ndevos hagarth: you wanted to write down some upgrade notes on https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/glusterfs-3.8-release-notes too, maybe you can get that done, or ask for assistance?
11:21 itisravi ndevos: could you merge http://review.gluster.org/#/c/14554/?
11:21 ndevos jiffin, rafi1: also please remind everyone that backports need reviews too http://review.gluster.org/#/q/status:open+project:glusterfs+branch:release-3.8
11:23 kdhananjay ndevos: mind if i move this (back) to ASSIGNED state as I still have one more test script coming up that completes basic test coverage?
11:23 kdhananjay ndevos: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1340991
11:23 glusterbot Bug 1340991: unspecified, unspecified, ---, kdhananj, MODIFIED , [granular entry sh] - Add more tests
11:23 ndevos kdhananjay: when will that script be posted?
11:23 kdhananjay ndevos: in a few minutes from now.
11:24 ndevos kdhananjay: ok, move it back then :)
11:24 kdhananjay ndevos: cool :)
11:25 ndevos itisravi: I'm trying to do that through ssh/commandline... be patient :)
11:28 itisravi ndevos: no prob :). You mean you are trying out the commands?
11:28 ndevos itisravi: not sure whats wrong, but Gerrit does not seem to respond to my ssh commands anymore, merging kdhananjay's patch before worked just fine
11:28 itisravi ndevos: oh :(
11:29 ndevos itisravi: ah, it was just very slow, it got merged now
11:29 itisravi ndevos++
11:29 glusterbot itisravi: ndevos's karma is now 268
11:30 * ndevos leaves for the day, cya!
11:31 anoopcs kkeithley, Checklist in review request?
11:31 pranithk1 joined #gluster-dev
11:34 kkeithley paste the packaging guidelines checklist into the BZ with a ack or nack for each item.
11:34 kkeithley anoopcs: ^^^
11:35 anoopcs kkeithley, You mean the output of fedora-review tool? Or from https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:ReviewGuidelines?
11:36 kkeithley oh, is there a review tool now? The output from that should be good.  What does that look like?
11:37 anoopcs kkeithley, Oh..Yeah..
11:37 * anoopcs is looking for a similar output
11:38 anoopcs kkeithley, This is the review that I did for get myself sponsored: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1308779#c6
11:38 glusterbot Bug 1308779: medium, medium, ---, puiterwijk, CLOSED ERRATA, Review Request: git-tools - Assorted git-related scripts and tools
11:39 kkeithley yes, that's what I was expecting. or something like it.
11:41 anoopcs kkeithley, Ok. I can paste that as a comment.
11:41 kkeithley that would be great
11:41 ppai joined #gluster-dev
11:42 anoopcs kkeithley, https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_Review_Process#Reviewer explains about it.
11:43 josferna joined #gluster-dev
11:46 claude_ joined #gluster-dev
11:46 atinm joined #gluster-dev
11:47 kkeithley anoopcs: okay
11:47 kotreshhr left #gluster-dev
11:49 prasanth joined #gluster-dev
12:03 rafi1 REMINDER Gluster community started on gluster-meeting
12:12 dlambrig_ left #gluster-dev
12:31 vimal joined #gluster-dev
12:52 pkalever left #gluster-dev
13:01 anoopcs rafi1, Do you want karma for this nick or rafi?
13:11 dlambrig joined #gluster-dev
13:12 mchangir joined #gluster-dev
13:18 post-factum rafi1++ rafi++ :)
13:18 glusterbot post-factum: rafi1's karma is now 6
13:18 glusterbot post-factum: rafi's karma is now 48
13:19 post-factum the latter one
13:21 Manikandan joined #gluster-dev
13:22 ashiq joined #gluster-dev
13:32 post-factum should http://review.gluster.org/#/c/14399/ be backported into 3.8 and 3.7?
13:33 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
13:35 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
13:38 dlambrig joined #gluster-dev
13:39 gem joined #gluster-dev
13:40 hchiramm joined #gluster-dev
13:42 vimal joined #gluster-dev
13:50 luizcpg joined #gluster-dev
13:56 shaunm joined #gluster-dev
14:02 ira joined #gluster-dev
14:02 jiffin1 joined #gluster-dev
14:03 vimal joined #gluster-dev
14:04 vimal joined #gluster-dev
14:07 jiffin post-factum: good question
14:08 jiffin post-factum: I feel it like a kind of new feature, its better ask that in next community call
14:09 post-factum jiffin: in fact the "feature" was prepared to fix OOM for us on mailserver with gluster 3.7 and damned exim
14:09 jiffin post-factum: K
14:10 post-factum anyway I'd happily get some assistance in backporting
14:10 post-factum somehow, after cherry-picking it to 3.8 branch smoke fails http://review.gluster.org/#/c/14605/
14:10 post-factum dunno why
14:11 post-factum my assumption i should create new bugreport for the backport, but is that true?
14:11 jiffin post-factum: yes
14:11 post-factum oh
14:12 post-factum okay, but rfc.sh didn't ask me for that
14:12 post-factum what is the correct way to make a backport?
14:12 jiffin http://build.gluster.org/job/compare-bug-version-and-git-branch/18421/ : FAILURE
14:12 jiffin anoopcs: created backport guide lines
14:12 anoopcs post-factum, http://gluster.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Developer-guide/Backport-Guidelines/
14:13 post-factum thx. should i abandon failed review?
14:14 anoopcs post-factum, No..no..Just update the patch set.
14:14 post-factum ah, create new bugreport, git --amend and fix bug id?
14:14 anoopcs post-factum, Yup.
14:14 post-factum will do now, thanks
14:14 anoopcs bug report with correct branch
14:19 post-factum anoopcs++
14:19 glusterbot post-factum: anoopcs's karma is now 32
14:33 anoopcs kkeithley, https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1331704#c2
14:33 glusterbot Bug 1331704: medium, medium, ---, kkeithle, ASSIGNED , Review Request: glusterfs-coreutils - Mimics standard Linux coreutils for GlusterFS clusters
14:35 anoopcs kkeithley, Since fedora-review is not a complete tool I have manually marked some items as passed/failed/not applicable.
14:36 hagarth kkeithley: I think we should also look at packaging glusterfsiostat in fedora
14:37 hagarth hmm, we now have bugzilla spam
14:37 kkeithley hagarth: is there someone we have in mind to be the packager for it?
14:38 hagarth https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1341700
14:38 glusterbot Bug 1341700: unspecified, unspecified, ---, divya, NEW , USA Canada ++{{1-844-727-5414}}norton antivirus technical support phone number, (1-844-727-5414) norton antivirus tech support phone number
14:38 hagarth kkeithley: not yet, need to ping vipulnayyar the original author to see if he is still interested
14:41 post-factum hagarth: would you like to integrate norton with gluster?
14:43 hagarth post-factum: not even in my wildest dreams
14:44 post-factum hagarth: btw is https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1337130 the issue you've faced 2 weeks ago?
14:44 glusterbot Bug 1337130: unspecified, unspecified, ---, ravishankar, ON_QA , Revert "glusterd/afr: store afr pending xattrs as a volume option" patch on 3.8 branch
14:45 hagarth nigelb: hit the anon coward issue again. inboxing a screenshot.
14:45 hagarth post-factum: yes
14:45 post-factum hagarth: ok then, glad to see it was fixed
14:45 hagarth post-factum: indeed
14:46 dlambrig1 joined #gluster-dev
14:46 hagarth post-factum: there probably is one more issue with rolling upgrades. need to check if 3.8 clients can mount 3.7 servers and vice versa.
14:48 post-factum hagarth: could you please let me know if that works or does not work for you?
14:49 hagarth post-factum: I need to re-test after tearing down my 3.8rc2 setup.
14:53 spalai joined #gluster-dev
14:53 spalai left #gluster-dev
14:53 spalai joined #gluster-dev
14:54 spalai joined #gluster-dev
15:02 Manikandan joined #gluster-dev
15:07 kotreshhr joined #gluster-dev
15:07 kotreshhr left #gluster-dev
15:09 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
15:13 mchangir joined #gluster-dev
15:13 wushudoin joined #gluster-dev
15:19 hagarth ndevos: ping, around?
15:24 kkeithley he's taking PTO today
15:28 hagarth kkeithley: ok
15:32 dlambrig1 left #gluster-dev
15:32 jiffin joined #gluster-dev
15:35 pkalever joined #gluster-dev
15:42 spalai left #gluster-dev
15:44 mchangir joined #gluster-dev
15:55 jiffin joined #gluster-dev
16:07 pranithk1 joined #gluster-dev
16:09 shyam joined #gluster-dev
16:09 jiffin1 joined #gluster-dev
16:10 Debloper joined #gluster-dev
16:11 pranithk1 joined #gluster-dev
16:13 mchangir kkeithley, I found that the latest rpm-build package that provides /usr/lib/rpm/brp-python-bytecompile is rpm-build-4.11.3-17.el7.x86_64 ... this is supposedly the same on the brew build machine as well as the QA machine ... which is perplexing since the question remains as to why is the QA setup behaving oddly
16:16 kkeithley yeah, it's a mystery.
16:20 ashiq joined #gluster-dev
16:22 kkeithley should open a BZ against rpm-build in RHEL7.  The brp-python-bytecompile in 4.13 (in Fedora 23) doesn't byte-compile in $buildroot/var/lib/glusterd/hooks/....
16:23 mchangir kkeithley, moreover the spurious files emitted under /var/lib/glusterd/hooks/... are not the same size as the one under /usr/libexec/...
16:24 kkeithley oh, I didn't notice that. But I'm not sure I'm surprised by that.  Maybe there are paths compiled into the .pyc/.pyo files that are different?
16:25 mchangir kkeithley, oh, ok ... didn't know the paths get into the files
16:26 jiffin1 joined #gluster-dev
16:28 kkeithley oh, I don't know that there are. Just speculating
16:29 pranithk1 joined #gluster-dev
16:32 mchangir kkeithley, I don't want to accept that patch since the brew builds and packaging are without any such issues
16:34 kkeithley fair enough.  I did discover that an ordinary rpmbuild on an up to date RHEL7 box will fail.  Brew and koji (koji is the fedora analog to brew) builds run in mock.
16:34 kkeithley And I have zero visibility into what's in brew/koji mock builds for RHEL7.
16:36 kkeithley IOW, independent of what happens in brew/koji, I think we need either my change to the .spec, or take Aravinda's suggestion and link the hook script without the .py extension.
16:43 mchangir kkeithley, ah, right
16:44 mchangir kkeithley, brp-python-bytecompile is a shell script and I even attempted a diff between the RHEL 7.2 version and the on my Fedora 22 laptop ... they are exactly the same
16:46 kkeithley it has changed in the rpm-build in f23.  which version of rpm-build is in f22? It's 4-13 in f23
16:47 spalai joined #gluster-dev
16:48 mchangir kkeithley, Fedora 22: rpm-build-4.12.0.1-14.fc22.x86_64
16:50 mchangir kkeithley, the script is almost the same in RHEL 6.6 except a small diff:
16:50 mchangir -depth=`(find "$RPM_BUILD_ROOT" -type f -name "*.py" -print0 ; echo /) | \
16:50 mchangir +depth=`(find $RPM_BUILD_ROOT -type f -name "*.py" -print0 ; echo /) | \
17:11 mchangir joined #gluster-dev
17:11 ira joined #gluster-dev
17:13 jiffin1 joined #gluster-dev
17:20 shyam kkeithley: any pointers on how one would go about debugging failure here, https://build.gluster.org/job/glusterfs-devrpms/16797/console (/usr/bin/yum --installroot /var/lib/mock/fedora-22-x86_64/root/ -y --releasever 22 update --setopt=tsflags=nocontexts + exit 1)
17:34 pkalever joined #gluster-dev
17:35 pkalever left #gluster-dev
17:38 spalai left #gluster-dev
17:45 kkeithley shyam: ugh. No, not really. Maybe the disk is full?  Retrigger and see if it works on another slave?
17:46 penguinRaider joined #gluster-dev
17:50 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
17:50 spalai joined #gluster-dev
17:51 shyam joined #gluster-dev
17:52 post-factum regression tests on http://review.gluster.org/#/c/14605/ are ok, this is backport from master to 3.8. please review
17:55 kkeithley I've given it +2 based on already being reviewed+merged on master. I will leave it for ndevos or jiffin to merge as we are late in 3.8 release cycle and ndevos is the release manager.
17:55 kkeithley post-factum++
17:55 glusterbot kkeithley: post-factum's karma is now 15
17:56 ndevos if I only could login on review.gluster.org ....
17:56 ndevos hagarth: I'm around now, for a few minutes
17:56 kkeithley do you want me to merge it for you.
17:57 ndevos kkeithley: nah, I hope to be able to do reviews and merging soon again
17:57 kkeithley dreamer
18:07 post-factum kkeithley: thanks!
18:08 post-factum who would tell me if we have a possibility to merge it into 3.7?
18:10 kkeithley I would submit the patch. It may be too late to make it into 3.7.12 though.
18:11 kkeithley 3.7.13 (lucky 13) maybe
18:11 post-factum ok, then 2 more questions
18:12 post-factum 1) should corresponding bugreport for each patch be closed automatically, or one must close it explicitly?
18:12 post-factum 2) should we have similar patch for process renice?
18:13 kkeithley "we" would prefer a separate BZ for each branch. When you post a patch to gerrit for review it should be set to POST.  When it gets merged you (or the person who merges it) should set it to MODIFIED.
18:14 hagarth ndevos: let us catch up tomorrow .. in meetings atm
18:14 kkeithley When a release containing the fix is made, it is (should be) automatically set to CLOSED.
18:14 hagarth post-factum: merged
18:15 post-factum hagarth: kkeithley: thanks
18:15 post-factum renice next?
18:38 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
19:18 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
20:09 penguinRaider joined #gluster-dev
20:26 ira joined #gluster-dev
20:31 shaunm joined #gluster-dev
21:56 pranithk1 joined #gluster-dev
22:08 luizcpg joined #gluster-dev
22:33 penguinRaider joined #gluster-dev
23:50 deangiberson joined #gluster-dev

| Channels | #gluster-dev index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary