Perl 6 - the future is here, just unevenly distributed

IRC log for #gluster-dev, 2016-06-14

| Channels | #gluster-dev index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
00:05 ank joined #gluster-dev
00:36 spalai joined #gluster-dev
00:48 nigelb kkeithley: I hope we end up having that as the new "normal" eventually :)
01:13 penguinRaider_ joined #gluster-dev
01:46 penguinRaider_ joined #gluster-dev
01:47 ilbot3 joined #gluster-dev
01:47 Topic for #gluster-dev is now Gluster Development Channel - http://gluster.org | For general chat go to #gluster | Patches - http://review.gluster.org/ | Channel Logs - https://botbot.me/freenode/gluster-dev/ & http://irclog.perlgeek.de/gluster-dev/
02:03 penguinRaider_ joined #gluster-dev
02:13 gem joined #gluster-dev
02:28 Bhaskarakiran joined #gluster-dev
02:52 overclk joined #gluster-dev
03:23 ank joined #gluster-dev
03:24 nishanth joined #gluster-dev
03:33 Bhaskarakiran joined #gluster-dev
03:33 sakshi joined #gluster-dev
03:40 raghug joined #gluster-dev
03:40 atinm joined #gluster-dev
03:44 kshlm joined #gluster-dev
03:48 penguinRaider_ joined #gluster-dev
03:55 kramdoss_ joined #gluster-dev
03:58 shubhendu joined #gluster-dev
04:10 itisravi joined #gluster-dev
04:15 poornimag joined #gluster-dev
04:15 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
04:22 nigelb kshlm: Is there anything special about the build/nb7build user?
04:23 nigelb I can't seem to connect to the REST API via them :(
04:23 kshlm They
04:23 kshlm They're supposed to be bot users.
04:23 kshlm To connect via rest, you need to generate passwords or set passwords for them
04:25 nigelb kshlm: I set a password for them.
04:25 nigelb Refuses to work.
04:25 nigelb Works fine with my user though.
04:25 nigelb It's very weird.
04:27 kshlm I'd got it to work once.
04:27 kshlm Let me check if I can remember
04:28 kshlm I set the password for the build user with the following command, `ssh kaushal@review.gluster.org gerrit set-account build --http-password=<password>`
04:28 kshlm This had worked.
04:29 nigelb Setting the password works.
04:29 nigelb What doesn't work is actually using said password for the API.
04:29 kshlm How are you testing it?
04:30 nigelb curl --user build:<password> http://review.gluster.org/a/accounts/self/detail
04:32 ashiq joined #gluster-dev
04:33 ppai joined #gluster-dev
04:34 kshlm Fails for me as well with unauthorized. Could be permission/acl
04:35 nigelb I'm out of ideas.
04:35 kshlm Just FYI, I'd changed the password for nb7build, so you might want to change it again when you test
04:36 kshlm Why do you need ReST access? The gerrit-trigger plugin works with ssh.
04:37 nigelb It actually needs REST API, but "sort of" works with ssh.
04:39 nigelb https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Gerrit+Trigger#GerritTrigger-MissedEventsPlaybackFeature%28Availablefromv.2.14.0%29
04:43 penguinRaider_ joined #gluster-dev
04:50 prasanth joined #gluster-dev
04:55 msvbhat_ joined #gluster-dev
04:56 jiffin joined #gluster-dev
04:58 kotreshhr joined #gluster-dev
05:03 ndarshan joined #gluster-dev
05:05 spalai left #gluster-dev
05:07 gem joined #gluster-dev
05:10 rafi joined #gluster-dev
05:20 ank joined #gluster-dev
05:22 aspandey joined #gluster-dev
05:25 Manikandan joined #gluster-dev
05:29 Apeksha joined #gluster-dev
05:30 nigelb kshlm: Oh wow.
05:30 nigelb That issue was spectacular.
05:30 nigelb there's another with username build.
05:30 kshlm ???
05:30 kshlm How come?
05:31 karthik___ joined #gluster-dev
05:35 msvbhat_ joined #gluster-dev
05:35 kshlm nigelb, But I wasn't able to use nb7build either. Is that the same problem as well?
05:36 nigelb kshlm: There's no other user. But it's basically a problem with the new authentication system.
05:36 nigelb I'll test on my staging instance and get them working again.
05:37 mchangir joined #gluster-dev
05:40 Saravanakmr joined #gluster-dev
05:45 aravindavk joined #gluster-dev
05:48 asengupt joined #gluster-dev
05:49 pkalever joined #gluster-dev
05:53 spalai joined #gluster-dev
05:54 skoduri joined #gluster-dev
06:03 rafi raghug: can you review this patch http://review.gluster.org/#/c/14694/ ?
06:06 hgowtham joined #gluster-dev
06:14 pur__ joined #gluster-dev
06:16 atalur joined #gluster-dev
06:23 penguinRaider_ joined #gluster-dev
06:30 kdhananjay joined #gluster-dev
06:45 msvbhat_ joined #gluster-dev
06:54 ppai joined #gluster-dev
07:00 atinm kshlm, http://review.gluster.org/#/c/14692/ - can you merge it if the merge window is not freezed for 3.7.12?
07:01 kshlm atinm, I'd rather not. hagarth needs to take that call.
07:01 atinm kshlm, ok, makes sense
07:14 hgowtham joined #gluster-dev
07:17 Manikandan joined #gluster-dev
07:22 ank joined #gluster-dev
07:25 pranithk1 joined #gluster-dev
07:29 s-kania joined #gluster-dev
07:51 hgowtham joined #gluster-dev
08:05 atalur joined #gluster-dev
08:09 Bhaskarakiran joined #gluster-dev
08:13 karthik___ joined #gluster-dev
08:13 msvbhat_ joined #gluster-dev
08:15 penguinRaider_ joined #gluster-dev
08:16 ank joined #gluster-dev
08:25 msvbhat_ joined #gluster-dev
09:05 Manikandan gem++, thanks :-)
09:05 glusterbot Manikandan: gem's karma is now 27
09:05 gem Manikandan, :)
09:10 nigelb kshlm: Well, that turned out to be a gerrit "feature".
09:10 nigelb When using github authentication, service users cannot access REST API.
09:10 nigelb Oh ewll.
09:10 nigelb *well
09:10 kshlm What?
09:11 kshlm So gerrit users with github auth cannot use REST?
09:11 nigelb *service accounts*
09:11 nigelb so that only applies to bots which are created from the commandline.
09:12 kshlm So we can't have bots
09:12 kshlm That's nice :\
09:12 nigelb We can have bots
09:12 kshlm (functional bots)
09:12 nigelb Just not ones that use REST L|
09:12 nigelb :|
09:13 nigelb There's at least one work around that I can think of, but don't want to do it yet.
09:27 misc nigelb: is the workaround using "amazon mechanical turk" ?
09:28 penguinRaider_ joined #gluster-dev
09:28 nigelb misc: haha, no. it's creating a github account called gerritbuild.
09:28 nigelb or glusterbuild
09:28 nigelb and associating our gerrit build account with that one once we chnage the username EVERYWHERE.
09:29 misc so a github account without 2FA ?
09:29 nigelb alternatively, creating a proxy service :)
09:29 nigelb which can only call one endpoint.
09:31 raghug joined #gluster-dev
09:31 nigelb misc: Shall I merge those bash scripts?
09:31 nigelb Do you have any specific feedback for them?
09:31 rafi raghug: http://review.gluster.org/#/c/14694/
09:32 misc nigelb: it was fine for all I did see
09:32 nigelb Once I merge, I'll start breaking things :)
09:33 misc nigelb: is 3.8 released ?
09:33 nigelb Not yet.
09:34 nigelb Should I hold off until it is released?
09:35 misc I would feel more confortable for that, but it depend on what you mean "once I merge, I will start breaking things" :p
09:36 nigelb well, I had moved the `ompare-bug-version-and-git-branch.sh
09:36 nigelb script inside jenkins/scripts
09:36 misc now, I also can't see what would break that wouldn't be fixed fast
09:36 nigelb but now I've realized that and add a symlink from the original location to the new one.
09:36 nigelb so, my merging, I won't break anything.
09:36 nigelb By updating the code everywhere, I won't break anything either.
09:37 misc so that should be ok ?
09:37 misc I guess you can merge and we can see how it go
09:38 nigelb Do you want to press the merge button? So it'll be reviewed by you and written by me.
09:40 misc ok, after my lunch :)
09:41 nigelb In the meantime, I'll do more digging with jjb :)
09:44 msvbhat_ joined #gluster-dev
09:45 poornimag joined #gluster-dev
09:46 atalur ndevos, are patches for 3.8 still being taken?
09:46 ndevos atalur: only if it is extremely urgent
09:47 atalur ndevos, we have one patch http://review.gluster.org/#/c/13968/ . There is one comment we need to address and resedn
09:47 atalur *resebd
09:47 atalur **resend!
09:47 atalur aspandey, ^^
09:48 ndevos atalur: is that a critical issue?
09:48 atalur ndevos, basically adds decompounder xlator to server graph
09:49 atalur ndevos, we'd like to take it in
09:49 ndevos atalur: hmm, I guess that can not be done in 3.8.1?
09:51 pranithk1 ndevos: If we take it in 3.8.1, volume needs to be restarted to enable compound fops...
09:51 pranithk1 ndevos: Because decompounder is not there
09:52 pranithk1 ndevos: So we either take this. Or we document in the steps that volume needs to be restarted once we enable compound fops.
09:52 ndevos pranithk1: yeah, but it is an experimental feature... I wonder if that would be acceptible?
09:52 pranithk1 ndevos: At the moment compound fops won't even work because we are not loading it in 3.8.0
09:53 pranithk1 ndevos: When we introduce it in later release, is it okay if we ask the users to restart the volume...
09:53 pranithk1 ndevos: If we can, then we don't need this patch for the release, otherwise we do.
09:54 ndevos pranithk1: I think we need to include it, otherwise we'd not stick to the backport criteria already
09:54 ndevos pranithk1: when is that patch ready for 3.8? I was planning to do the release in ~30 minutes
09:56 penguinRaider__ joined #gluster-dev
09:57 pranithk1 ndevos: aspandey's patch in master is almost done. He will resend the patch on master and 3.8, in 5-10 minutes. So it all depends on the regressions
09:59 ndevos hmm, I guess I can go for lunch and do the release after some meetings...
10:00 pranithk1 ndevos: aspandey will send you a mail with the patches.
10:02 kotreshhr joined #gluster-dev
10:03 aspandey pranithk1, ndevos , I have already sent the patch...Now everything depend on regressions..
10:03 pranithk1 aspandey: Please update ndevos with both master and 3.8 patches
10:18 penguinRaider_ joined #gluster-dev
10:20 shyam joined #gluster-dev
10:21 rraja joined #gluster-dev
10:29 poornimag joined #gluster-dev
10:37 msvbhat_ joined #gluster-dev
10:48 decay joined #gluster-dev
11:02 ank joined #gluster-dev
11:15 penguinRaider__ joined #gluster-dev
11:18 ira joined #gluster-dev
11:30 gem joined #gluster-dev
11:33 kotreshhr joined #gluster-dev
11:38 atalur joined #gluster-dev
11:43 Saravanakmr #REMINDER: Gluster Community Bug Triage meeting at 12:00 UTC ( start ~in 18 minutes)
11:44 spalai left #gluster-dev
11:45 Saravanakmr #REMINDER: in #gluster-meeting
11:50 kotreshhr left #gluster-dev
12:09 ashiq joined #gluster-dev
12:12 pkalever left #gluster-dev
12:14 pranithk1 joined #gluster-dev
12:18 sakshi joined #gluster-dev
12:21 msvbhat_ joined #gluster-dev
12:29 kkeithley Saravanamkr++
12:29 glusterbot kkeithley: Saravanamkr's karma is now 1
12:30 kkeithley Saravanakmr++
12:30 glusterbot kkeithley: Saravanakmr's karma is now 10
12:30 kkeithley Saravanamkr--
12:30 glusterbot kkeithley: Saravanamkr's karma is now 0
12:30 ndevos Saravanakmr++ thanks for hosting the meeting :)
12:30 glusterbot ndevos: Saravanakmr's karma is now 11
12:30 Saravanakmr kkeithley++ ndevos++ hgowtham++ skoduri++ jiffin++
12:30 glusterbot Saravanakmr: kkeithley's karma is now 126
12:30 glusterbot Saravanakmr: ndevos's karma is now 271
12:30 glusterbot Saravanakmr: hgowtham's karma is now 25
12:30 glusterbot Saravanakmr: skoduri's karma is now 24
12:30 glusterbot Saravanakmr: jiffin's karma is now 42
12:44 sakshi joined #gluster-dev
13:02 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
13:03 penguinRaider_ joined #gluster-dev
13:04 nigelb kkeithley: That item is going to take some time.
13:04 nigelb Both misc and I have quite a bit of backlog to catch up on.
13:05 kkeithley yes, I'm aware of that.
13:07 kkeithley as we discussed previously (wrt visibility of yours and misc's backlog), there's no pressure, per se, to get it done, as I have it all running on an internal machine
13:07 kkeithley but we do want to move it "outside" (to jenkins) eventually
13:10 kkeithley I have lots on my plate too; I'm not ready to do it either.
13:11 mchangir joined #gluster-dev
13:15 nigelb indeed
13:15 nigelb I'd like to see it moved too.
13:15 nigelb The thing is, when we move it, I want to do it right.
13:15 nigelb I'm in the process of getting jenkins in a.. better place.
13:19 dlambrig1 joined #gluster-dev
13:23 jiffin joined #gluster-dev
13:26 overclk joined #gluster-dev
13:29 kkeithley nigelb: agreed. Again, no hurry.
13:30 penguinRaider__ joined #gluster-dev
13:31 nigelb :)
13:44 anoopcs ndevos, fyi: https://github.com/gluster/glusterweb/pull/82
13:46 skoduri joined #gluster-dev
13:57 penguinRaider_ joined #gluster-dev
13:58 ndevos anoopcs: ah, thanks!
14:14 kramdoss_ joined #gluster-dev
14:20 overclk joined #gluster-dev
14:28 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
14:44 decay joined #gluster-dev
14:48 prasanth joined #gluster-dev
14:52 overclk joined #gluster-dev
14:52 pkalever joined #gluster-dev
15:03 overclk joined #gluster-dev
15:04 overclk joined #gluster-dev
15:05 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
15:12 jiffin1 joined #gluster-dev
15:15 wushudoin joined #gluster-dev
15:22 dblack joined #gluster-dev
15:52 hagarth ndevos: ping
15:52 glusterbot hagarth: Please don't naked ping. http://blogs.gnome.org/markmc/2014/02/20/naked-pings/
15:52 hagarth ndevos: ping, just triggered a coverity run on 3.8
15:53 ndevos hagarth: ok, but I do not think we want to pro-actively backport coverity fixes to stable branches, having them in the next version should be sifficient?
15:53 ndevos *sufficient
15:54 hagarth ndevos: let me forward you the results .. not sure why it did not hit -devel
15:55 hagarth ndevos: need to check the illegal memory accesses
16:05 kkeithley I have nightly coverity runs on 3.8. The latest is here http://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/static-analysis/release-3.8/glusterfs-coverity/2016-06-13-f4e5841e/
16:17 ndevos kkeithley: once you run your coverity and such in Jenkins, you can make it send emails ;-)
16:18 kkeithley yup
16:20 kkeithley it's probably not worth building 3.8.0 on fedora22 since it's going to EOL in a couple of days
16:20 kkeithley or does it EOL a few weeks after fedora24 GAs, I forget.
16:22 hchiramm joined #gluster-dev
16:25 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
16:35 jiffin joined #gluster-dev
16:38 ndevos kkeithley: nah, dont bother with f22, unless someone asks for it?
16:45 kotreshhr joined #gluster-dev
17:10 nishanth joined #gluster-dev
17:20 jiffin1 joined #gluster-dev
18:00 pkalever joined #gluster-dev
18:07 shubhendu joined #gluster-dev
19:36 ale__ joined #gluster-dev
19:51 GandalfCorvotemp joined #gluster-dev
19:52 GandalfCorvotemp Hi
19:59 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
20:47 kkeithley glusterfs-3.8.0 packages for Fedora 24/25 are queued in Koji/Bodhi, Fedora 23 on d.g.o.  For Debian Jessie and Stretch on d.g.o. For Ubuntu trusty and wily in Launchpad PPA (xenial has a build issue)
20:48 kkeithley SuSE pkgs in the SuSE build system tomorrow.  RHEL/CentOS pkgs in CentOS Storage SIG soon?
20:49 kkeithley I will wait until tomorrow to change the top-level LATEST symlink on d.g.o.
21:34 GandalfCorvotemp joined #gluster-dev
23:14 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
23:36 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
23:44 ChrisHolcombe joined #gluster-dev

| Channels | #gluster-dev index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary