Perl 6 - the future is here, just unevenly distributed

IRC log for #gluster-dev, 2016-08-16

| Channels | #gluster-dev index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
01:10 julim joined #gluster-dev
02:06 lpabon joined #gluster-dev
02:17 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
02:21 nishanth joined #gluster-dev
02:39 penguinRaider joined #gluster-dev
02:50 rafi joined #gluster-dev
03:00 kshlm joined #gluster-dev
03:04 rafi1 joined #gluster-dev
03:16 magrawal joined #gluster-dev
03:26 spalai joined #gluster-dev
03:34 Javezim joined #gluster-dev
03:39 rafi1 joined #gluster-dev
03:40 skoduri joined #gluster-dev
04:01 itisravi joined #gluster-dev
04:04 hgowtham joined #gluster-dev
04:06 shubhendu__ joined #gluster-dev
04:07 atinm joined #gluster-dev
04:23 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
04:23 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
04:30 shubhendu__ joined #gluster-dev
04:39 aspandey joined #gluster-dev
04:43 shubhendu joined #gluster-dev
04:52 spalai joined #gluster-dev
04:53 karthik_ joined #gluster-dev
05:00 kdhananjay joined #gluster-dev
05:10 poornimag joined #gluster-dev
05:12 msvbhat joined #gluster-dev
05:15 ankitraj joined #gluster-dev
05:17 ndarshan joined #gluster-dev
05:22 ramky joined #gluster-dev
05:44 sac joined #gluster-dev
05:49 nigelb spalai: I've stopped the netbsd run for 15126. I'll retrigger it now.
05:50 nigelb It was running on a machine where it would never complete.
05:50 spalai nigelb: np
05:50 spalai thanks
05:56 ashiq joined #gluster-dev
06:00 Muthu joined #gluster-dev
06:02 Muthu_ joined #gluster-dev
06:15 post-factum guys and girls, could you please take a look at 13488 and 14966?
06:16 post-factum the former one needs review, the latter one — merge
06:21 nigelb post-factum: hey, good news. I've now figured out how to monitor bad slaves like the ones you were running into last week.
06:21 nigelb And how to reboot them without going for a hard reset.
06:21 nigelb (still unsafe, because we won't flush the filesystem cache, but that's what D state processes do to us :) )
06:22 post-factum nigelb: hacky quirks are awesome
06:23 nigelb I can now safely have someone who knows better figure out the *why* of D-state processes :)
06:23 post-factum nigelb++ hope that will make reviews go smoother
06:23 glusterbot post-factum: nigelb's karma is now 25
06:24 kshlm post-factum, 14966 is merged now.
06:24 post-factum kshlm: thanks!
06:24 kshlm I'll merge 13488 once someone else reviews.
06:27 kshlm I reviewed it myself. 13488 is merged as well.
06:29 post-factum kshlm++ thanks
06:29 glusterbot post-factum: kshlm's karma is now 102
06:29 nigelb kshlm: fun bit - If you try to submit a patch with a private bug as the relevant bug
06:30 post-factum kshlm: everything is merged for us now, and  I should start another bunch of backports :)
06:30 nigelb Our compare-bug-branch script fails
06:30 nigelb Because we can't access the bug info.
06:30 nigelb I think we should just say, it's a private bug and give it a green.
06:30 nigelb And have the authors change verify state manually.
06:30 kshlm Ah, no. It should be red.
06:31 kshlm You shouldn't be submitting patches with private bugs upstream.
06:31 nigelb Oh, that works too.
06:31 nigelb But we should probably catch that exception and say that.
06:31 nigelb I'll submit a pull request.
06:31 hgowtham joined #gluster-dev
06:33 kshlm Private bugs are almost always bugs failed against Red Hat Gluster Storage. These should be cloned to upstream bugs before submitting an upstream patch.
06:33 kshlm s/failed/filed/
06:33 aspandey xavih, ping
06:33 glusterbot aspandey: Please don't naked ping. http://blogs.gnome.org/markmc/2014/02/20/naked-pings/
06:34 nigelb kshlm: yeah, it was a clone which was still private.
06:34 nigelb kshlm: I'll try to get our scripts to fail in this case.
06:34 nigelb fail properly
06:37 itisravi post-factum: do you think http://review.gluster.org/#/c/15146/ merits a back-port to 3.7? Asking because you are actively picking fixes to the 3.7 branch. :)
06:37 sanoj joined #gluster-dev
06:38 karthik_ joined #gluster-dev
06:38 post-factum itisravi: well, this is definitely the fix worth backporting, but it is not that critical as others
06:39 post-factum itisravi: I can submit a review anyway
06:39 itisravi post-factum: hmm okay.
06:39 post-factum itisravi: if you are here
06:39 itisravi post-factum: that would be great!
06:39 post-factum itisravi: http://review.gluster.org/#/c/15080/ what about this?
06:40 itisravi post-factum: yes that is definitely worth sending to 3.7 as well. kdhananjay agree?
06:40 post-factum itisravi: then I'll send a backport as well once it is merged
06:41 kdhananjay itisravi: its not ready. needs a resubmission.
06:41 itisravi post-factum: cool.
06:41 itisravi kdhananjay: I know, I was just telling it is good to have it in 3.7 as well.
06:42 kdhananjay itisravi: got it
06:43 post-factum is http://review.gluster.org/#/c/15043/ applicable to 3.7?
06:43 post-factum there were lots of md-cache commits recently
06:44 itisravi poornimag: ^
06:44 asengupt joined #gluster-dev
06:44 nigelb Dammit, there's no easy way to make the script fail :(
06:45 post-factum itisravi: http://review.gluster.org/#/c/15070/ and this
06:45 itisravi post-factum: yup that too.
06:46 post-factum itisravi: okay, i've put that into todo
06:46 itisravi post-factum++
06:46 glusterbot itisravi: post-factum's karma is now 27
06:47 nishanth joined #gluster-dev
06:50 post-factum itisravi: http://review.gluster.org/15145 ?
06:51 itisravi post-factum: kdhananjay already sent http://review.gluster.org/#/c/15162/
06:51 post-factum that was fast
06:51 post-factum kdhananjay++
06:51 glusterbot post-factum: kdhananjay's karma is now 23
06:52 post-factum that tabs vs spaces code mess :/
06:53 post-factum poornimag: ping me please once you are here
06:53 poornimag poornimag, pong, tell me
06:55 post-factum poornimag: yay
06:55 poornimag post-factum, pong,
06:55 post-factum poornimag: you have several commits regarding 1) md-cache; 2) gfapi
06:56 post-factum poornimag: 1) md-cache/upcall: In case of mode bit change invalidate xattr, and so on
06:56 post-factum poornimag: 2) gfapi: Fix IO error caused when there is consecutive graph switches, and so on
06:56 post-factum poornimag: are those subjected to backporting to 3.7?
06:57 poornimag poornimag, yup, gfapi patches will be backported to 3.8 and 3.7, the IO error patches
06:57 poornimag post-factum, oops, my name keeps coming in the first suggestion sry
06:57 poornimag post-factum, md-cache patches should not be backported to 3.8 or below
06:58 post-factum poornimag: ok, then to gfapi only
06:58 poornimag post-factum, as they are considered as features
06:58 poornimag post-factum, yup
06:58 post-factum poornimag: there are several commits regarding one issue
06:59 poornimag post-factum, most of the md-cache patches are for the bug 1211863
06:59 glusterbot Bug https://bugzilla.redhat.com:443/show_bug.cgi?id=1211863 medium, medium, ---, pgurusid, POST , RFE: Support in md-cache to use upcall notifications to invalidate its cache
07:00 post-factum poornimag: as for gfapi, http://review.gluster.org/#/c/14656/ and http://review.gluster.org/14722 should be backported?\
07:00 poornimag post-factum, yup
07:01 ashiq joined #gluster-dev
07:01 post-factum poornimag: okay, i've put that into todo as well
07:01 poornimag post-factum, both are already in 3.8, need to backport to 3.7
07:01 poornimag post-factum, ok cool
07:01 atalur joined #gluster-dev
07:02 post-factum poornimag: thanks
07:03 poornimag post-factum, wc
07:08 noobs joined #gluster-dev
07:09 ppai joined #gluster-dev
07:11 penguinRaider joined #gluster-dev
07:19 devyani7 joined #gluster-dev
07:20 post-factum poornimag: i've squashed two parts of gfapi fix into one commit
07:20 devyani7 joined #gluster-dev
07:24 kotreshhr joined #gluster-dev
07:38 poornimag post-factum, i guess that shouldn't be done, because it will hard to identify the patch diff across branches
07:39 post-factum poornimag: i did that before for incomplete fixes. but ok, i could split it
07:40 poornimag post-factum, the tool extras/git-branch-diff.py is used by few developers to get the list of patches that needs backport
07:40 poornimag post-factum, it will not work if the commit-ids are changed across backports
07:41 poornimag post-factum, hence just a good practice to cherry pick as is.
07:41 post-factum poornimag: the problem is that i have to change commit id because rfc.sh points me to abandoned review :(
07:44 post-factum poornimag: and push is rejected because that review is closed
07:45 poornimag post-factum, ahh ok! so i used gerrit cherrypick to send backport and it seems to be working
07:46 post-factum poornimag: so, should I do 2 separate backports via gerrit web-interface?
07:46 poornimag post-factum, yeah, that should be fine
07:47 poornimag post-factum, i just did for one http://review.gluster.org/#/c/14722/
07:51 post-factum poornimag: hmm, i try to do the same for 14656 and get «500 internal server error»
07:51 post-factum nigelb: ^^
07:51 poornimag post-factum, ohh, let me try once
07:52 poornimag post-factum, Oh! not sure why that error
07:53 post-factum poornimag:  http://review.gluster.org/#/q/I9de86555f66cc94a05649ac863b40ed3426ffd4b
07:53 post-factum poornimag: i believe because the latest one is abandoned
07:56 post-factum poornimag: probably, some issue with that on 3.7?
08:08 ndevos nigelb: jenkins sends email from jenkins@build.gluster.org (release job), could that be configured to get to an address that /dev/null's it?
08:09 nigelb post-factum: I'll look
08:09 nigelb ndevos: please file a bug
08:09 * ndevos was expecting that
08:10 ndevos JoeJulian: every time nigelb says that, glusterbot should pass the link to file a project-infrastructure bug :)
08:11 nigelb :D
08:21 misc ndevos: you should file a bug about that
08:26 msvbhat joined #gluster-dev
08:26 ndevos nigelb: glusterbot isnt in the infrastructure, is it?
08:29 rastar joined #gluster-dev
08:29 post-factum ndevos: you should file a bugreport about that too
08:31 misc ndevos: nope, it isn't
08:38 misc nigelb: so did anything explode while I was traveling and out to celebrate (/me look on wikipedia) some religious stuff (and exfiltrating the dead bodies of the virus that likely tried to overthrow the governement of my throat) ?
08:39 hgowtham joined #gluster-dev
08:39 post-factum misc: everything is about trump and rio
08:41 misc post-factum: yeah, I kinda did see that :)
08:43 post-factum misc: you could probably help in investigating why we are unable to cherry-pick http://review.gluster.org/#/c/14656/ for release-3.7 (get error 500 in gerrit)
08:44 post-factum misc: if doing via rfc.sh, it is rejected because the latest commit with the same commit-id is abandoned
08:49 nigelb misc: no idea, I was away this entire weekend :)
08:50 misc post-factum: there is a bug report ?
08:50 misc (cause this look like digging in gerrit..)
08:51 post-factum misc: no, no bugreport, but I'll make one now if necessary
08:51 aravindavk joined #gluster-dev
08:52 misc post-factum: yeah, it would help
08:55 nigelb Oops
08:55 nigelb netbsd was hung for a bit :|
08:57 post-factum misc: nigelb: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1367346 thanks
08:57 glusterbot Bug 1367346: high, unspecified, ---, bugs, NEW , Unable to cherry-pick 14656 for release-3.7
09:14 nigelb Smoke jobs are going to take a bit of time while we catch up.
09:16 aravindavk joined #gluster-dev
09:30 spalai joined #gluster-dev
09:39 nigelb post-factum: why is http://review.gluster.org/#/c/14835/ abandoned?
09:39 post-factum poornimag: ^^
09:39 nigelb gerrit failing seems logical since it's detecting a second review request to do the same thing.
09:39 nigelb Option A) Fix up the abandoned review.
09:40 nigelb Option B) Alter the Change-Id for the abandoned review. I'd really like us to fall back to it if it's absolutely necessary.
09:40 msvbhat joined #gluster-dev
09:40 * nigelb adds this into the bug.
09:41 post-factum nigelb: i'd happily go with A) option once poornimag approves it
09:42 poornimag post-factum, nigelb, i cannot recall why it was abandoned. But i see it has only commit message and no code changes, so i guess can restore and push the change
09:43 post-factum poornimag: i'll alter commit message for it
09:44 poornimag post-factum, cool, thanku
09:45 ppai joined #gluster-dev
09:46 nigelb excellent :)
09:51 nigelb poornimag: so for the failure reports, I was thinking of building it to track trends in test failures.
09:51 nigelb How they increased/decreased over weeks.
09:52 nigelb So instead of a Jenkins job, I'd probably end up having a tiny site instead.
09:52 Muthu joined #gluster-dev
09:52 poornimag nigelb, yup, that would be good data, where do you plan to keep the data? it cannot be on slaves
09:53 poornimag nigelb, lol ok:)
09:53 nigelb poornimag: Yeah, I'll write my idea up for gluster-infra and see what's the best place.
09:53 poornimag nigelb, ah ok
09:56 kdhananjay joined #gluster-dev
09:56 hgowtham joined #gluster-dev
10:00 itisravi joined #gluster-dev
10:01 rraja joined #gluster-dev
10:13 nigelb misc: do we have automation clearing out /archives?
10:14 nigelb nvm, I did that.
10:14 nigelb sigh.
10:17 nigelb https://media.giphy.com/media/tZiLOffTNGoak/giphy.gif
10:24 misc nigelb: do not think we have
10:24 nigelb misc: we do. I added it and made a mistake.
10:25 nigelb I'll send a pull request to fix now.
10:25 itisravi_ joined #gluster-dev
10:30 kdhananjay joined #gluster-dev
10:37 nigelb misc: https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-patch-acceptance-tests/pull/56/
10:40 atalur joined #gluster-dev
10:58 Muthu joined #gluster-dev
10:59 ira joined #gluster-dev
11:25 poornimag nigelb, i see few smoke failures, i think non related to the patch, are you already aware of it?
11:30 nigelb poornimag: I know of one in netbsd6-smoke.
11:30 nigelb what else is failing?
11:31 atalur joined #gluster-dev
11:44 Saravanakmr joined #gluster-dev
11:46 ankitraj #info Bug-traige meeting will be held in 12 minutes on #gluster-meeting
11:46 misc nigelb: merged. wonder if using some bash flags wouldn't have made it failed earlier or something ?
11:53 mchangir joined #gluster-dev
11:54 kshlm joined #gluster-dev
11:54 aspandey joined #gluster-dev
12:01 kkeithley REMINDER: Gluster Community Bug Triage Meeting in #gluster-meeting starting now in #gluster-meeting
12:02 Muthu joined #gluster-dev
12:02 Saravanakmr joined #gluster-dev
12:03 kkeithley Muthu++
12:03 glusterbot kkeithley: Muthu's karma is now 5
12:06 spalai left #gluster-dev
12:09 Muthu kkeithley, thanku :)
12:12 nigelb misc: I'd love to. Soon.
12:16 atalur joined #gluster-dev
12:21 shubhendu joined #gluster-dev
12:33 hchiramm joined #gluster-dev
12:34 nishanth joined #gluster-dev
12:35 mchangir joined #gluster-dev
12:36 kdhananjay joined #gluster-dev
12:50 dlambrig joined #gluster-dev
12:55 mchangir joined #gluster-dev
12:59 rraja joined #gluster-dev
12:59 julim joined #gluster-dev
13:02 kkeithley ankitraj++
13:02 glusterbot kkeithley: ankitraj's karma is now 6
13:02 ppai joined #gluster-dev
13:05 ankitraj kkeithley, Thanks :)
13:16 atinm joined #gluster-dev
13:28 dlambrig left #gluster-dev
13:36 rraja joined #gluster-dev
13:38 glustin joined #gluster-dev
13:43 ppai joined #gluster-dev
13:45 mchangir joined #gluster-dev
13:50 dlambrig joined #gluster-dev
13:58 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
14:03 dlambrig left #gluster-dev
14:14 post-factum ok, i'm going to deploy quotas for production (now for samba volume only). any known issues with that on 3.7 at least?
14:14 post-factum no shards, no geo-rep
14:14 post-factum i saw few commits regarding quotas, so i believe those are stable enough
14:14 post-factum i'd happily ask Manikandan personally if he is here :)
14:18 atinm joined #gluster-dev
14:19 ppai joined #gluster-dev
14:38 lpabon joined #gluster-dev
14:51 rafi joined #gluster-dev
14:55 dlambrig1 left #gluster-dev
14:57 spalai joined #gluster-dev
15:05 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
15:08 poornimag joined #gluster-dev
15:10 wushudoin joined #gluster-dev
15:15 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
15:16 mchangir joined #gluster-dev
15:31 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
15:56 nishanth joined #gluster-dev
16:05 ankitraj joined #gluster-dev
16:21 msvbhat joined #gluster-dev
16:33 mchangir rastar, are you there?
16:33 rastar mchangir: yes
16:33 noobs joined #gluster-dev
16:34 mchangir rastar, when defining a gluster option, there is a "type" attribute per option ... would you able to tell me what that is used for ?
16:37 rastar if you mean the structure found in glusterd-vol-set.c
16:37 rastar mchangir: ^^
16:37 rastar mchangir: they .type refers to doctype
16:38 mchangir rastar, yes ... the same ... struct volopt_map_entry glusterd_volopt_map[]
16:38 rastar mchangir: the mapping isn't clear but comment from line 975 in glusterd-vol-set.c should explain what it is
16:38 mchangir rastar, thanks ... I'll take a look there
17:09 ira joined #gluster-dev
17:09 hchiramm joined #gluster-dev
17:53 hagarth pkalever: have updated your draft with minor edits. looks good to me.
17:54 pkalever hagarth: you mean after Fridays draft ?
17:54 hagarth pkalever: yes .. I did an edit in the last few minutes
17:54 pkalever hagarth: Had changed some minor stuff today
17:55 dlambrig joined #gluster-dev
17:55 pkalever hagarth: oh. I see, thanks
18:01 pranithk1 joined #gluster-dev
18:18 hagarth joined #gluster-dev
18:29 post-factum ndevos: http://review.gluster.org/#/c/15167/
18:29 post-factum ndevos: those are two parts of one fix
18:29 post-factum ndevos: both should be merged
18:30 post-factum ndevos: please see commit message
18:41 rastar joined #gluster-dev
18:55 penguinRaider joined #gluster-dev
19:11 penguinRaider joined #gluster-dev
20:48 pranithk1 joined #gluster-dev
22:15 dlambrig left #gluster-dev
22:24 ira joined #gluster-dev
23:38 obnox hmmm, are my mails to gluster-devel being blocked?
23:42 obnox oh, now. it just took some time? ... :-)

| Channels | #gluster-dev index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary