Perl 6 - the future is here, just unevenly distributed

IRC log for #gluster-dev, 2016-12-14

| Channels | #gluster-dev index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
00:01 susant joined #gluster-dev
00:18 dlambrig_ joined #gluster-dev
00:42 vbellur joined #gluster-dev
02:26 loadtheacc joined #gluster-dev
03:15 loadtheacc joined #gluster-dev
03:29 magrawal joined #gluster-dev
03:38 asriram joined #gluster-dev
03:54 itisravi joined #gluster-dev
03:56 atinm joined #gluster-dev
04:03 riyas joined #gluster-dev
04:06 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
04:07 susant joined #gluster-dev
04:08 loadtheacc joined #gluster-dev
04:40 ankitraj joined #gluster-dev
04:41 shubhendu joined #gluster-dev
04:46 susant joined #gluster-dev
04:48 ppai joined #gluster-dev
04:59 apandey joined #gluster-dev
05:02 loadtheacc joined #gluster-dev
05:03 ndarshan joined #gluster-dev
05:03 karthik_us joined #gluster-dev
05:20 hchiramm joined #gluster-dev
05:21 mchangir joined #gluster-dev
05:23 nishanth joined #gluster-dev
05:29 ashiq joined #gluster-dev
05:30 prasanth joined #gluster-dev
05:40 rafi joined #gluster-dev
05:42 susant joined #gluster-dev
05:49 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
05:52 mchangir joined #gluster-dev
05:55 aravindavk joined #gluster-dev
05:55 kdhananjay joined #gluster-dev
05:57 asengupt joined #gluster-dev
05:58 Muthu joined #gluster-dev
06:02 susant joined #gluster-dev
06:04 pranithk1 joined #gluster-dev
06:06 jiffin joined #gluster-dev
06:12 sanoj joined #gluster-dev
06:15 hgowtham joined #gluster-dev
06:18 hchiramm joined #gluster-dev
06:18 gem joined #gluster-dev
06:25 mchangir joined #gluster-dev
06:35 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
06:42 msvbhat joined #gluster-dev
06:46 Muthu joined #gluster-dev
06:47 _nixpanic joined #gluster-dev
06:47 _nixpanic joined #gluster-dev
06:48 ppai kshlm, requesting review on PR 190
06:48 kshlm ppai, On my todo list for the day.
06:49 ppai kshlm, cool, I'm in the process of updating PR 189, these two PRs should get the bricks up.
06:53 kotreshhr joined #gluster-dev
07:04 susant joined #gluster-dev
07:10 ankitraj joined #gluster-dev
07:18 k4n0 joined #gluster-dev
07:26 mchangir joined #gluster-dev
07:44 pranithk1 xavih: based on raghavendra's reply what do you think we shall do? It doesn't seem like they can fix it easily...
07:45 xavih pranithk1: I'm answering the email...
07:45 pranithk1 xavih: brilliant!
07:49 mchangir joined #gluster-dev
07:59 pranithk1 joined #gluster-dev
08:01 nigelb ndevos: hey, you about?
08:06 nigelb ndevos: when you have a minute, I want to know if there are any jobs that need to be on centos CI but aren't due to lack of time.
08:08 ndevos nigelb: yeah, there are a couple of those
08:09 ndevos nigelb: this one would be most useful https://github.com/gluster/glusterf​s-patch-acceptance-tests/issues/31
08:10 ndevos nigelb: running the available QEMU/block tests against Gluster storage would definitely catch issues in QEMU early
08:10 ndevos we've broken it waaaay too often this year
08:11 nigelb Gah, the archives link is broken :(
08:12 ndevos one of the other things is to have nightly/weekly builds with ./configure --enable-debug, and run the regression/Glusto tests with that
08:12 ndevos I can fwd you the emails, I should have them locally too
08:12 nigelb yes, please.
08:12 nigelb I think the big thing about both of these is not creating the jenkins job.
08:13 nigelb someone needs to "own" them, in terms of chasing up the failures.
08:13 nigelb which can be a rotation for every release or every month.
08:14 ndevos you should get the emails soon, subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Automated testing of block/gluster.c with upstream Gluster
08:15 ndevos yes, somehow failures need to be reported automatically, and the maintainers/developers should follow up on them
08:15 ndevos it's similar to bug triage, if we do not have the weekly backup meeting, many bugs will just never get any attention
08:16 nigelb This is true. I'd like to have one person responsible to chase. For instance, I'm chasing the gluster bugs that cause glusto failures.
08:16 nigelb I can't make it to the community meeting today, or I'd have brought it up.
08:18 ndevos I'm not sure how 'owning' will work out, many maintainers 'own' components already, but still do not triage bugs in a timely matter
08:19 ndevos we're working on getting a team t obe the contact for integrations with other projects, that team should pickup the qemu integration failures too
08:19 nigelb aha.
08:19 nigelb that works.
08:19 nigelb Does the qemu integration have an owner?
08:19 nigelb (from gluster end)
08:20 ndevos but for debug builds, it will still be anyone in the glusterfs team...
08:20 xavih pranithk1: I've answered the email (two emails in fact)
08:20 xavih pranithk1: I think the problem is bigger than what Ashish' patch tries to solve
08:20 ndevos yes, QEMU is listed in the MAINTAINERS file, I guess it points to pkalever and me
08:20 nigelb aha, okay.
08:21 xavih pranithk1: and I don't think we can solve it in ec. Some changes in dht will probably be needed
08:24 ndevos nigelb: I'd also like to have more automated tests running when RPMs for the Storage SIG are available in the -test repo (on buildlogs.c.o)
08:25 ndevos nigelb: the jobs for nightly testing and pre-release testing would probably be much the same, just a trigger on a different repomd.xml
08:29 ndevos ... and they'd be running under different CentOS-CI users (gluster vs. storage-sig)
08:44 sanoj joined #gluster-dev
08:45 apandey xavih: hey
08:45 xavih apandey: hi
08:47 apandey xavih: talking about the second mail. I don't think that there will be that issue. But I would like to get some input form dht team. As far as my understanding and discussion, I think they do all migration in 2 phases..
08:48 apandey xavih: and if they get a file which should be link file they handle it and delete in in second phase.
08:48 xavih apandey: how will this be prevented if the setattr fop has already been sent (otherwise we shouldn't have the problem)
08:48 xavih apandey: but the file is already a gluster link file, but the setattr will change it
08:50 xavih apandey: in that case, the other client (the one that is not doing the rebalance) has no way to know that and will return success
08:50 pranithk1 xavih: sorry went for lunch... reading
08:50 xavih apandey: however the operation has been done on the incorrect file, so it shouldn't have succeeded
08:50 xavih pranithk1: no problem :)
08:52 xavih apandey: maybe I'm missing something. I don't know how dht works in detail
09:00 mchangir joined #gluster-dev
09:14 apandey xavih: I was in discussion. we just tried other case. I am also not sure about dht.
09:14 rastar joined #gluster-dev
09:43 kshlm Can someone else host the community meeting today? I won't be around at the time.
09:49 rjoseph rafi: ping
09:56 mchangir joined #gluster-dev
09:59 rafi rjoseph: pong
10:22 skoduri joined #gluster-dev
10:45 ShwethaHP joined #gluster-dev
11:00 jiffin1 joined #gluster-dev
11:01 rastar joined #gluster-dev
11:01 Saravanakmr joined #gluster-dev
11:01 msvbhat joined #gluster-dev
11:02 rastar joined #gluster-dev
11:11 kshlm Asking again, can someone host the meeting on my behalf today?
11:12 kshlm I'll not be available at the start, but should be able to come in about 30 minutes in.
11:19 atinm joined #gluster-dev
11:20 rastar joined #gluster-dev
11:23 rraja joined #gluster-dev
11:35 k4n0 joined #gluster-dev
11:40 ankitraj joined #gluster-dev
11:49 rastar joined #gluster-dev
12:03 jiffin1 joined #gluster-dev
12:14 hgowtham joined #gluster-dev
12:14 mchangir_ joined #gluster-dev
12:25 atinm joined #gluster-dev
12:32 shyam joined #gluster-dev
12:35 rastar joined #gluster-dev
12:40 kotreshhr left #gluster-dev
12:42 kdhananjay joined #gluster-dev
12:45 jdarcy joined #gluster-dev
12:56 ira joined #gluster-dev
13:08 rastar joined #gluster-dev
13:09 ndarshan joined #gluster-dev
13:10 susant joined #gluster-dev
13:11 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
13:23 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
13:23 mchangir joined #gluster-dev
13:31 rafi1 joined #gluster-dev
13:37 rafi joined #gluster-dev
13:39 susant left #gluster-dev
13:39 jiffin1 joined #gluster-dev
14:00 penguinRaider joined #gluster-dev
14:26 shyam joined #gluster-dev
14:27 penguinRaider joined #gluster-dev
14:29 lpabon joined #gluster-dev
14:44 rafi1 joined #gluster-dev
14:52 wiebel joined #gluster-dev
15:09 annettec joined #gluster-dev
15:30 dlambrig_ joined #gluster-dev
15:31 rafi joined #gluster-dev
15:49 lpabon joined #gluster-dev
15:57 cholcombe joined #gluster-dev
16:20 vbellur joined #gluster-dev
16:20 wushudoin joined #gluster-dev
16:22 susant joined #gluster-dev
16:49 msvbhat joined #gluster-dev
17:37 susant joined #gluster-dev
17:58 wushudoin| joined #gluster-dev
17:58 rafi joined #gluster-dev
18:01 lpabon joined #gluster-dev
18:03 jiffin joined #gluster-dev
18:05 msvbhat joined #gluster-dev
18:25 rafi joined #gluster-dev
19:04 wushudoin| joined #gluster-dev
19:04 jiffin joined #gluster-dev
19:36 k4n0 joined #gluster-dev
19:46 hchiramm joined #gluster-dev
20:27 msvbhat joined #gluster-dev
20:50 overclk joined #gluster-dev
21:25 gem joined #gluster-dev
21:49 k4n0 joined #gluster-dev
22:04 dlambrig_ joined #gluster-dev
22:57 loadtheacc joined #gluster-dev

| Channels | #gluster-dev index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary