Perl 6 - the future is here, just unevenly distributed

IRC log for #gluster-dev, 2017-01-18

| Channels | #gluster-dev index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
00:13 shyam joined #gluster-dev
00:55 nigelb misc: yes please, that'd be helpful :)
01:05 misc nigelb: I may need more information then
01:05 misc like, "where"
01:17 ankit__ joined #gluster-dev
01:28 nigelb misc: well, go to bed.
01:28 nigelb I'll gather along the audits
01:28 nigelb and the changes I made and we can figure out how to make it less permissive.
01:29 lalatenduM joined #gluster-dev
01:29 uebera|| joined #gluster-dev
01:40 misc nigelb: I am already in my bed :)
02:04 susant joined #gluster-dev
02:41 riyas joined #gluster-dev
02:46 pranithk1 joined #gluster-dev
02:49 ilbot3 joined #gluster-dev
02:49 Topic for #gluster-dev is now Gluster Development Channel - http://gluster.org | For general chat go to #gluster | Patches - http://review.gluster.org/ | Channel Logs - https://botbot.me/freenode/gluster-dev/ & http://irclog.perlgeek.de/gluster-dev/
03:09 sanoj joined #gluster-dev
03:31 poornima joined #gluster-dev
03:36 magrawal joined #gluster-dev
03:36 poornima Can any of the Gluster maintainers merge this patch : http://review.gluster.org/#/c/16072/  It has acks from the component maintainers
03:47 riyas_ joined #gluster-dev
03:55 nigelb poornima: Looks like Atin forgot to merge?
04:04 Shu6h3ndu joined #gluster-dev
04:05 pranithk1 poornima: I merged
04:08 poornima pranithk1++ thanks
04:08 glusterbot poornima: pranithk1's karma is now 11
04:10 itisravi joined #gluster-dev
04:10 poornima nigelb, yeah, look like
04:30 msvbhat joined #gluster-dev
04:34 rjoseph|afk joined #gluster-dev
04:45 msvbhat joined #gluster-dev
04:51 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
04:53 msvbhat joined #gluster-dev
04:53 Saravanakmr joined #gluster-dev
05:00 skoduri joined #gluster-dev
05:02 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
05:03 ppai joined #gluster-dev
05:04 skumar joined #gluster-dev
05:05 t1m1 joined #gluster-dev
05:13 sanoj joined #gluster-dev
05:14 karthik_us joined #gluster-dev
05:16 ndarshan joined #gluster-dev
05:21 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
05:24 nishanth joined #gluster-dev
05:27 t1m1 joined #gluster-dev
05:30 k4n0 joined #gluster-dev
05:40 msvbhat joined #gluster-dev
05:40 aravindavk joined #gluster-dev
05:40 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
05:46 riyas joined #gluster-dev
05:49 vimal joined #gluster-dev
05:51 k4n0 joined #gluster-dev
05:53 apandey joined #gluster-dev
05:54 susant joined #gluster-dev
05:55 jiffin joined #gluster-dev
06:02 asengupt joined #gluster-dev
06:11 hgowtham joined #gluster-dev
06:12 ankit_ joined #gluster-dev
06:16 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
06:17 ashiq joined #gluster-dev
06:20 rafi joined #gluster-dev
06:20 prasanth joined #gluster-dev
06:25 susant joined #gluster-dev
06:25 k4n0 joined #gluster-dev
06:25 gyadav joined #gluster-dev
06:38 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
06:39 rastar joined #gluster-dev
06:46 msvbhat joined #gluster-dev
06:49 kotreshhr joined #gluster-dev
06:56 msvbhat joined #gluster-dev
06:59 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
07:08 k4n0 joined #gluster-dev
07:18 msvbhat joined #gluster-dev
07:22 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
07:34 ashiq joined #gluster-dev
07:41 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
08:01 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
08:02 rastar joined #gluster-dev
08:02 ashiq joined #gluster-dev
08:18 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
08:18 k4n0 joined #gluster-dev
08:43 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
08:44 rafi1 joined #gluster-dev
08:47 susant left #gluster-dev
08:57 susant joined #gluster-dev
08:58 ndevos poornima, skoduri, rjoseph: reviews of http://review.gluster.org/#/q/topic:bug-1169302 are most welcome!
09:04 jiffin1 joined #gluster-dev
09:05 kotreshhr joined #gluster-dev
09:06 itisravi joined #gluster-dev
09:08 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
09:16 ashiq joined #gluster-dev
09:18 k4n0 joined #gluster-dev
09:19 karthik_us joined #gluster-dev
09:25 rastar joined #gluster-dev
09:25 ndevos happy birthday jiffin++ !
09:25 glusterbot ndevos: jiffin's karma is now 61
09:29 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
09:29 anoopcs jiffin, Happy Birthday..
09:33 rafi1 joined #gluster-dev
09:36 jiffin1 joined #gluster-dev
09:44 k4n0 joined #gluster-dev
09:47 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
09:49 karthik_us joined #gluster-dev
09:50 kotreshhr joined #gluster-dev
10:02 skoduri joined #gluster-dev
10:08 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
10:19 k4n0 joined #gluster-dev
10:27 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
10:37 k4n0 joined #gluster-dev
10:45 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
11:04 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
11:16 suliba joined #gluster-dev
11:18 rastar joined #gluster-dev
11:19 ashiq joined #gluster-dev
11:24 k4n0 joined #gluster-dev
11:35 shyam joined #gluster-dev
11:36 Humble joined #gluster-dev
11:44 skumar joined #gluster-dev
11:58 msvbhat joined #gluster-dev
12:01 jdarcy joined #gluster-dev
12:03 mchangir joined #gluster-dev
12:05 misc nigelb: so selinux ?
12:06 kotreshhr left #gluster-dev
12:13 nigelb ah, yes.
12:14 k4n0 joined #gluster-dev
12:33 susant left #gluster-dev
12:41 k4n0 joined #gluster-dev
12:42 kkeithley shyam: I'll send to bugzilla-requests for 3.10.  Do we want anything else, e.g. new component eventsd, while we're at it?
12:44 asengupt joined #gluster-dev
12:45 ashiq joined #gluster-dev
12:52 sankarshan joined #gluster-dev
12:53 shyam kkeithley: Just sent that request out
12:53 shyam eventsd came in 3.9 right?
12:53 kkeithley so there's two. ;-)
12:53 sankarshan joined #gluster-dev
12:53 kkeithley yes,   there's an eventsapi component already.
12:53 shyam ok, more the merrier I hope :)
12:54 shyam Nothing new to add yet, for example SELinux is not making it for 3.10 as yet
12:54 misc :(
12:54 shyam So for the component list we should be good I think
12:54 kkeithley they might ask for your manager's approval.  They've had lots of requests from me so they usually just do it.
12:54 shyam Cool :)
12:55 shyam We should pursue your request then considering the approval can come in the same TZ (if it comes to that)
12:55 kkeithley but it'd be good to get some more people that they automatically do it for, so...
12:55 shyam yup, agree
12:56 rafi1 joined #gluster-dev
13:08 kshlm shyam, (and anyone else interested) https://hackmd.io/JwQwZgphBMCsAsBaAzAYxMR8wEYAciwA7MhIgEbnwAm1ycss0EQA?view
13:09 rraja joined #gluster-dev
13:16 karthik_us joined #gluster-dev
13:16 kkeithley pretty much what I thought it was
13:16 kshlm kkeithley, Cool!
13:16 kshlm kkeithley, Any updates on 3.9?
13:16 kshlm You're doing the release right?
13:17 * kshlm is updating the meeting notes
13:17 kkeithley yes, I tagged yesterday and did the jenkins release.
13:17 kkeithley builds are done. I'm about to send the email announcement
13:17 kkeithley well, builds are done except the CentOS Storage SIG.
13:17 kkeithley haven't heard from ndevos about that
13:18 apandey joined #gluster-dev
13:21 ndevos kkeithley: I'm preparing the 3.9 release for the SIG, and will put 3.9.1 in testing later today, or tomorrow
13:21 kkeithley <mrburns>excellent</mrburns>
13:37 ndevos kkeithley, jiffin, skoduri (+poornima +rjoseph!?): still looking for your reviews of http://review.gluster.org/#/q/topic:bug-1169302
13:44 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
13:45 mchangir joined #gluster-dev
13:46 k4n0 joined #gluster-dev
13:51 kkeithley we have asked for version 3.10 in bugzilla, but didn't I hear that we're going to switch to github issues instead?
13:51 kkeithley Was that a proposal? Or is it decided?
13:53 ndevos it was proposed, but I do not know if there was a decision
13:54 ndevos I dont think we can do it yet, Gerrit our tests and other tools are not ready for it yet
14:05 ndevos rafi, kkeithley: RDMA question on selecting a certain interface? http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-January/051930.html
14:05 ndevos misc: ^ again has the olg Gluster Inc. favicon.ico?
14:05 ndevos s/olg/old/
14:05 Humble joined #gluster-dev
14:06 misc grmblbllblblblblb
14:06 skoduri ndevos, have posted few comments..haven't got chance to review thoroughly.. but overall looks good ..
14:06 skoduri ndevos++ thanks for pushing for this
14:06 glusterbot skoduri: ndevos's karma is now 329
14:06 ashiq joined #gluster-dev
14:07 ndevos skoduri++ thanks for looking into it
14:07 glusterbot ndevos: skoduri's karma is now 51
14:07 * ndevos goes to find the comments
14:07 misc ndevos: will look once I fixed some outage at another community
14:07 skoduri kkeithley, what is the scope of switching to storehaug feature for 3.10?
14:07 ndevos misc: sure, no problem
14:07 ndevos misc++
14:07 glusterbot ndevos: misc's karma is now 41
14:08 kkeithley skoduri: not sure I know how to answer that. What is meant by scope?
14:09 kkeithley remove most of the old HA from gluster tree. refresh storhaug bits. fix up any gaps, e.g. gluster+glusterd
14:10 kkeithley maybe remove the rest of the old HA if none of it is used when done switching over
14:11 kkeithley also package storhaug in Fedora.  I'll review ndevos' gfapi patch if he approves my storhaug package request. ;-)
14:11 skoduri kkeithley, okay..that was my understanding too..but since 3.10 branching is happening, wanted to check if its pushed out of 3.10 or the scope of changes is reduced
14:11 kkeithley https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1411875
14:11 glusterbot Bug 1411875: medium, medium, ---, nobody, NEW , Review Request: storhaug - High-Availability Storage Server Add-on
14:12 kkeithley I merged the first phase, removing some of the old HA.
14:12 ndevos kkeithley: :P I was planning to review the Python bindings first
14:12 kkeithley lol
14:13 kkeithley The rest of storhaug I will have some double work to do in both master and 3.10 branches now.
14:13 ndevos oh, we could ask misc to review packages too!
14:13 ndevos https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1411947 for the bindings one
14:13 glusterbot Bug 1411947: medium, medium, ---, nobody, NEW , Review Request: python-glusterfs-api - Python bindings for GlusterFS libgfapi
14:13 kkeithley sure, if misc has cycles
14:13 ndevos he probably doesnt, but neither do I
14:13 kkeithley that would be great
14:14 kkeithley yeah, nobody does
14:14 kkeithley :-/
14:14 ndevos oh, and for Python I can ask puiterwijk too, we just need to debug the next Fedora or Gnome Gluster outage for him ;-)
14:15 * misc will start a cartel with puiterwijk to keep price high
14:16 ndevos misc: you can tell him I'll buy lunch next time
14:16 kkeithley I'll buy the beer at DevConf or FOSDEM
14:16 ndevos and if you would be any closer, you can join for lunch too!
14:16 kkeithley and/or
14:17 kkeithley Or wine. Or other adult beverages of choice
14:17 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
14:17 kkeithley skoduri: I guess I had better get busy on storhaug. I can lean on jrivera too.
14:18 kkeithley and I will
14:19 ndevos kkeithley: All I got in a reply was: 15:18 <puiterwijk> Sure.
14:19 skoduri okay
14:23 ndevos kkeithley, JoeJulian: would 40 minutes change in Seattle (from SFO) to catch a flight back to Amsterdam be sufficient?
14:24 kkeithley probably very tight.
14:24 misc no border control ?
14:24 ndevos I dont know, both Delta flights
14:25 kkeithley There's no real border control to leave the US. But security.
14:26 kkeithley I don't know if you'd have to change terminals.
14:27 misc well, to leave US no, to enter Europe, maybe
14:28 kkeithley er, yeah, but border control on arrival in Amsterdam doesn't affect the time to transfer.
14:29 kkeithley time to transfer in Seattle
14:29 misc mhh indeed, forgot the control was on arrival :/
14:31 kkeithley Also depends on whether it's a Delta flight or a KLM or AirFrance flight. Here in Boston I could land on Delta in T1, and change to a Delta flight to CDG or AMS that departs from T1.
14:31 ndevos kkeithley: both Delta
14:31 kkeithley But if it's KLM or AF I'd have to go to T5 and go through international security.
14:31 ndevos kkeithley: also, this fails miserably: fedora-review -b 1411947 -m fedora-25-x86_64
14:32 ira joined #gluster-dev
14:32 kshlm #info Fortnightly Community Meeting starts in 30 minutes in #gluster-meeting. Add your updates and topics to https://bit.ly/gluster-community-meetings
14:32 ndevos kkeithley: it is a mock build that fails, see http://termbin.com/buak
14:33 puiterwijk joined #gluster-dev
14:35 puiterwijk kkeithley: you're missing a buildrequires on python2-devel in the gfapi python bindings
14:35 kkeithley ah, okay.
14:35 puiterwijk That means that __python2 isn't defined
14:36 kkeithley is this on RHEL/CentOS?  I just picked up where hchirram left off. I'll update it in a minute
14:36 puiterwijk I tried building on Fedora (rawhide), since that's what's needed for package review
14:36 ndevos kkeithley: uh, the review request is for Fedora!
14:36 kkeithley okay.
14:36 puiterwijk But you need a buildrequire on python2-devel for any
14:36 kkeithley yeah, brainfart
14:36 kkeithley yup
14:37 puiterwijk ndevos: well, I could have missed a "This is only meant for EPEL" statement in the review request :-)
14:37 kkeithley nope, it's a not for EPEL.
14:37 ndevos puiterwijk: yes, except that we do not have any of the Gluster packages in EPEL :)
14:38 puiterwijk kkeithley: right
14:38 puiterwijk ndevos: ah. That'd make reviewing somewhat tricky there :)
14:38 kkeithley gluster is in RHEL, so it can't be in EPEL
14:38 puiterwijk kkeithley: that's... so true
14:38 ndevos actually, if RHEL would include glusterfs-api-devel (and its deps), this could theoretically be added to EPEL
14:42 puiterwijk Ah, RHEL doesn't have gfapi-devel? That's too bad..
14:42 kkeithley yeah, I've been trying to get downstream to fix that
14:42 puiterwijk kkeithley: "puiterwijk's scratch build of python-glusterfs-api-1.1-1.fc26.src.rpm for f26 completed" - after adding python2-devel BR, so I'll continue with the review as if you've added it :)
14:43 kkeithley cool, thanks.
14:43 kkeithley I'll update the files on fedorapeople.org just the same
14:43 puiterwijk Yep, sounds good.
14:44 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
14:45 kkeithley okay, updated
14:53 misc ndevos: ok, I removed the old icon and copied the new one
15:01 kshlm Community meeting has started in #gluster-meeting
15:03 jiffin1 joined #gluster-dev
15:03 jdarcy joined #gluster-dev
15:04 puiterwijk kkeithley: first review round up. Just one blocking thing, but should be easy enough to fix
15:05 kkeithley cool, thanks. In a meeting atm, I'll address the issue right after.
15:05 puiterwijk Sounds good, no rush
15:09 rafi1 joined #gluster-dev
15:20 cholcombe joined #gluster-dev
15:20 kotreshhr joined #gluster-dev
15:22 devyani7 joined #gluster-dev
15:22 glusterbot joined #gluster-dev
15:22 sac joined #gluster-dev
15:26 riyas joined #gluster-dev
15:27 susant joined #gluster-dev
15:28 kotreshhr joined #gluster-dev
15:33 ankit_ joined #gluster-dev
15:40 kkeithley puiterwijk: updated files on fedorapeople. I hope I got the python2 stuff correct.
15:40 puiterwijk kkeithley: I'll check it out in a few minutes
15:40 kkeithley And I'm thinking we need to do similar stuff to the python- subpackages in glusterfs?
15:40 kkeithley sure, thanks
15:41 puiterwijk Yes, you should
15:41 kkeithley oh goody, more work. ;-)
15:41 puiterwijk You are very welcome :)
15:42 puiterwijk But the advantage will be that it'll work nicely with the python2/3 effort in Fedora
15:44 kkeithley yes, of course.
15:45 kkeithley might as well get it fixed before it becomes a must have for some upcoming version of fedora
15:47 kkeithley and would be good to get it fixed soon so that 3.10.0 goes out with it
15:49 lpabon joined #gluster-dev
15:56 kkeithley hmm. Should we do python3 for python-gluster too, just to carve out the name space?
15:56 kkeithley even though we don't have any python3 stuff.  Or should we wait 'til we actually have some python3 bits?
16:02 puiterwijk I don't think you need to carve out namespace
16:03 puiterwijk Only do it if you support python3
16:03 prasanth joined #gluster-dev
16:06 JoeJulian ndevos: It should be ok. There are no security checks necessary to change gates in Seattle.
16:06 wushudoin joined #gluster-dev
16:07 kkeithley as long as your flight to Seattle isn't delayed
16:07 wushudoin joined #gluster-dev
16:49 msvbhat joined #gluster-dev
16:56 nigelb vbellur: I'm first working on paralellizing and getting the tests running locally with docker.
16:56 nigelb And then I'll run them in parallel across machines on our actual CI.
16:56 nigelb This way you can get fast results locally as well as if you push.
16:57 vbellur nigelb: sounds good!
16:57 nigelb What I'm working on is here: https://github.com/nigelbabu/gluster-regression-docker
16:57 nigelb It's not in a state where it's useful yet, so I haven't sent an update :)
16:58 misc mhh so docker on EL6 ?
16:58 nigelb no docker on actual regression machines.
16:58 nigelb The docker stuff is for local testing.
17:28 jiffin joined #gluster-dev
17:47 Shu6h3ndu joined #gluster-dev
17:48 kotreshhr left #gluster-dev
17:54 timotheus1 joined #gluster-dev
17:54 Saravanakmr joined #gluster-dev
17:56 riyas joined #gluster-dev
18:19 prasanth joined #gluster-dev
20:52 Acinonyx joined #gluster-dev
21:02 Acinonyx_ joined #gluster-dev
21:03 msvbhat joined #gluster-dev
21:12 Acinonyx joined #gluster-dev
21:20 Acinonyx joined #gluster-dev
22:22 shyam joined #gluster-dev
23:24 Acinonyx joined #gluster-dev
23:24 timotheus1 joined #gluster-dev
23:24 lalatenduM joined #gluster-dev
23:24 uebera|| joined #gluster-dev
23:57 wushudoin joined #gluster-dev
23:58 wushudoin joined #gluster-dev

| Channels | #gluster-dev index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary