Perl 6 - the future is here, just unevenly distributed

IRC log for #gluster-dev, 2017-04-12

| Channels | #gluster-dev index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
02:09 susant joined #gluster-dev
02:10 rafi joined #gluster-dev
02:10 susant left #gluster-dev
02:45 prasanth joined #gluster-dev
02:47 aravindavk joined #gluster-dev
03:28 aravindavk joined #gluster-dev
03:31 magrawal joined #gluster-dev
03:34 riyas joined #gluster-dev
03:42 ashiq joined #gluster-dev
03:53 atinm joined #gluster-dev
03:58 itisravi joined #gluster-dev
04:01 _ndevos joined #gluster-dev
04:01 _ndevos joined #gluster-dev
04:05 gyadav joined #gluster-dev
04:07 jiffin joined #gluster-dev
04:43 itisravi joined #gluster-dev
04:45 Shu6h3ndu joined #gluster-dev
04:49 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
04:49 ankitr joined #gluster-dev
05:05 rafi joined #gluster-dev
05:07 pkalever joined #gluster-dev
05:10 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
05:16 ppai joined #gluster-dev
05:18 gyadav joined #gluster-dev
05:20 nbalacha_ joined #gluster-dev
05:22 ndarshan joined #gluster-dev
05:27 skumar joined #gluster-dev
05:28 ppai samikshan, bug-1421590-brick-mux-reuse-ports.t has failed 18 times this week, can you please take a look ?
05:30 pranithk1 joined #gluster-dev
05:35 amarts joined #gluster-dev
05:35 nishanth joined #gluster-dev
05:38 rraja joined #gluster-dev
05:44 sanoj joined #gluster-dev
05:49 msvbhat joined #gluster-dev
05:51 susant joined #gluster-dev
05:52 kotreshhr joined #gluster-dev
05:54 Saravanakmr joined #gluster-dev
05:58 apandey joined #gluster-dev
06:00 skumar_ joined #gluster-dev
06:09 msvbhat joined #gluster-dev
06:10 rafi joined #gluster-dev
06:15 amarts joined #gluster-dev
06:15 skoduri joined #gluster-dev
06:20 ppai joined #gluster-dev
06:24 pranithk1 joined #gluster-dev
06:25 hgowtham joined #gluster-dev
06:30 atinm joined #gluster-dev
06:33 aravindavk joined #gluster-dev
06:37 pranithk1 joined #gluster-dev
06:47 jiffin1 joined #gluster-dev
06:55 nixpanic joined #gluster-dev
06:56 nixpanic joined #gluster-dev
06:56 misc joined #gluster-dev
06:57 csaba joined #gluster-dev
06:58 sankarshan joined #gluster-dev
06:59 jtc joined #gluster-dev
07:10 jiffin joined #gluster-dev
07:14 msvbhat joined #gluster-dev
07:15 itisravi joined #gluster-dev
07:16 apandey joined #gluster-dev
07:20 ankitr joined #gluster-dev
07:23 skumar__ joined #gluster-dev
07:29 ankitr joined #gluster-dev
07:37 rafi joined #gluster-dev
07:46 amarts joined #gluster-dev
07:53 ppai joined #gluster-dev
07:54 nbalacha_ joined #gluster-dev
07:56 skumar joined #gluster-dev
07:56 atinm joined #gluster-dev
08:06 ankitr joined #gluster-dev
08:13 nbalacha_ joined #gluster-dev
08:20 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
08:24 jiffin joined #gluster-dev
08:46 ankitr joined #gluster-dev
08:48 sanoj joined #gluster-dev
08:54 pranithk1 joined #gluster-dev
08:58 jiffin joined #gluster-dev
09:15 nishanth joined #gluster-dev
09:18 pranithk11 joined #gluster-dev
09:19 pranithk1 joined #gluster-dev
09:20 skoduri joined #gluster-dev
09:26 skumar_ joined #gluster-dev
09:29 kshlm ppai, I've updated https://github.com/gluster/glusterd2/pull/284
09:31 jiffin1 joined #gluster-dev
09:36 ppai kshlm, thanks, merged it.
09:43 nishanth joined #gluster-dev
09:43 amarts joined #gluster-dev
09:54 atinm joined #gluster-dev
09:57 skumar joined #gluster-dev
09:59 ppai joined #gluster-dev
10:01 rastar joined #gluster-dev
10:04 poornima joined #gluster-dev
10:13 msvbhat joined #gluster-dev
10:17 skoduri joined #gluster-dev
10:30 atinm joined #gluster-dev
10:37 sanoj joined #gluster-dev
10:38 skumar joined #gluster-dev
10:54 amarts joined #gluster-dev
11:07 msvbhat joined #gluster-dev
11:19 pranithk1 joined #gluster-dev
11:22 ppai joined #gluster-dev
11:35 pranithk1 joined #gluster-dev
12:10 kkeithley Reminder: GlusterFS Community Meeting today at 15:00 UTC in #gluster-meeting
12:28 shyam joined #gluster-dev
12:34 jiffin joined #gluster-dev
12:37 ppai joined #gluster-dev
12:43 vbellur joined #gluster-dev
12:51 shyam joined #gluster-dev
12:55 jiffin joined #gluster-dev
13:07 vbellur kshlm: ping, around?
13:07 kshlm Yes,
13:08 vbellur kshlm: any demos planned in community meeting today?
13:08 kshlm None that I know of.
13:10 vbellur kshlm: I am a bit under the weather today and am doubtful about attending the meeting. Will pass you my pin in case a demo happens and it needs to be recorded.
13:10 kshlm vbellur, Sure.
13:25 msvbhat joined #gluster-dev
13:27 lkoranda joined #gluster-dev
13:29 ppai joined #gluster-dev
13:34 ira joined #gluster-dev
13:46 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
13:55 gyadav joined #gluster-dev
13:56 sona joined #gluster-dev
13:56 kkeithley Reminder: GlusterFS Community Meeting today at 15:00 UTC (one hour from now) in #gluster-meeting
13:57 susant joined #gluster-dev
14:00 jiffin joined #gluster-dev
14:02 ndevos kkeithley: care to review https://review.gluster.org/17024 again? the glfs_sysrq() helptext coverity fix...
14:03 kkeithley sure, but I'm on a concall atm
14:04 [o__o] joined #gluster-dev
14:05 shyam joined #gluster-dev
14:06 jiffin joined #gluster-dev
14:07 ndevos np, no need to hurry
14:10 skoduri joined #gluster-dev
14:17 rafi1 joined #gluster-dev
14:30 pkalever joined #gluster-dev
14:39 kotreshhr left #gluster-dev
14:44 riyas joined #gluster-dev
14:55 annettec joined #gluster-dev
14:58 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
14:58 kkeithley GlusterFS Community Meeting starting now #gluster-meeting
14:59 susant nigelb: ping
15:08 wushudoin joined #gluster-dev
15:09 wushudoin joined #gluster-dev
15:15 kkeithley major: we're asking over in #gluster-meeting if you're going to post any patches for snapshot on btrfs
15:31 ndevos kkeithley: maybe you can request channel logging for #gluster-meeting at https://botbot.me/request/ ?
15:31 * ndevos is not a channel op
15:33 ankitr joined #gluster-dev
15:38 nbalacha joined #gluster-dev
15:44 ndevos kkeithley++
15:44 glusterbot ndevos: kkeithley's karma is now 180
15:45 kshlm kkeithley++
15:45 glusterbot kshlm: kkeithley's karma is now 181
15:45 ndevos oh, you went from 0 to 180
15:45 kkeithley 0?
15:46 ndevos I guess you started with no karma at one point
15:49 major Sorry... was up till midnight working on the ability to test btrfs, lvm-(xfs,ext2/3/4), and and snapshots.. found an incomplete feature in the btrfs code, and 1 bug... was too tired to fix it. Will clean it all up today.
15:49 major Die phone keyboard..
15:49 major And zfs snapshots...
16:04 misc major: better sleep than fixing bug, IMHO
16:04 pkalever joined #gluster-dev
16:15 major I wish ..
16:15 major I can't sleep if it isn't fixed
16:15 major its a curse
16:20 gyadav joined #gluster-dev
16:55 shyam joined #gluster-dev
17:13 major fun .. first end-to-end live test of these two tools .. and they worked flawlessly :)
17:14 jiffin joined #gluster-dev
17:14 susant left #gluster-dev
17:23 rafi joined #gluster-dev
17:24 susant joined #gluster-dev
17:27 major woot .. bug dead
17:34 jiffin1 joined #gluster-dev
17:39 shyam joined #gluster-dev
17:51 susant joined #gluster-dev
18:07 susant left #gluster-dev
18:18 rastar joined #gluster-dev
18:22 jiffin1 joined #gluster-dev
18:30 rafi joined #gluster-dev
18:40 major https://gist.github.com/major0/246f1eafc42ceb075e1bb3043d26ad29
18:42 major there you go .. log from creating a btrfs volume, creating a snap and creating a clone from the snap, and the status output from testvol, the clone, and the snap
18:43 major again .. anyone have anything else to add to the test case?
19:14 major kkeithley, the code was pushed to GitHub and is linked in the description of (https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/145)
19:14 major kkeithley, at current it is still waiting review, though I have been continuing to work on the code
19:16 major also also expect to have the zfs code finished and published before the end of the week
19:17 major soo .. I dunno .. its all publicly available on github and linked in GitHub Issue #145 ..
19:17 rafi joined #gluster-dev
19:17 major At this time I am not aware of anything requested of me that I haven't supplied.
19:18 major its sort of all pending feedback from devs @ redhat
19:21 major I would go so far to say as it has been pending feedback since April 2nd
19:29 vbellur major: reading through the document, I feel it can be simplified by maintaining an array of structures, one for each backend.. Based on the backend, one element in the array can be leveraged for performing snapshot operations.
19:30 major vbellur, yah, I agree
19:30 major the inteface I developed supplies a boolean function for testing a volume for its snapshot-type
19:32 vbellur major: ah ok.. let me add my comments in github
19:34 major I can certainly migrate the backends into a structure of function pointers, the question I have at that point is .. what will be the process for registering them?
19:34 major in a lot of ways it reduces the code to use a structure of function pointers since I can gut all the function declarations
19:34 major which I like
19:35 major go go static
19:36 major There is also the issue of supporting --disable-(btrfs|zfs|lvm)-snapshot options to configure .. if that is even desired
19:36 major it isn't like we are linkin to libraries atm .. the current code tries to detect if the binaries are valid and makes a run-time decision about the abilit to support a given snapshot type
19:38 major s/linkin/linking/
19:38 major reads like I am typing with a texan accent ..
19:39 major anyway .. I am happy to redirect the code in whatever direction is desired for the future
19:40 major just .. not really certain which direction that is
19:41 major but hey .. I picked up a freshly aged bottle of irish this morning, so there is a good chance I can get function pointers "or" zfs done before the end of the day
19:41 major hmm
19:41 vbellur we could just have a static registration in code and choose one based on a runtime switch
19:41 major well .. I can probe the brick dynamically
19:41 major I would sort of like to do the probe only once...
19:42 vbellur maybe that too.. we already have brickinfo->fstype and that gets populated upon some action IIRC
19:42 major d'oh
19:42 major been sitting here trying to figure out where I should add the brick probe
19:43 major bu yah .. when fstype is populated
19:43 * major slaps forehead.
19:44 major okay .. will fix up that today and gut the chained if conditions scattered all over that try to figure out which function to call for what purpose ;)
19:44 major and THEN I will finish zfs
19:44 major sheesh
19:45 major also .. I haven't tested it "yet" ..
19:46 major but .. I haven't seen any really obvious reason why lvm+ext2/3/4 would be unsupported
19:46 major there are even ext2/3/4 fixups in some of the LVM snapshot code..
19:47 vbellur I see
19:47 vbellur I will anyway add my comment in github for this issue so that we can have a discussion around this implementation scheme
19:49 major understood
19:50 major will try to get something working with the structure of function pointers
19:50 major should reduce the overall patch size considerably
19:56 kkeithley major: cool
20:12 msvbhat joined #gluster-dev
21:01 shyam joined #gluster-dev
21:03 major soo .. want to point me in the direction of when the fstype is set?
21:04 major oh .. might have found it
21:05 major glusterd_update_mnt_opts()?
21:08 major will work for now .. can move it if someone has a better option
22:21 bfoster joined #gluster-dev
22:26 major okay .. moved everything to an array of structures w/ function pointers
22:27 major testing the LVM changes now
22:29 major hmm
22:35 bfoster joined #gluster-dev

| Channels | #gluster-dev index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary