Perl 6 - the future is here, just unevenly distributed

IRC log for #gluster, 2014-06-10

| Channels | #gluster index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
00:05 jruggier1 joined #gluster
00:21 jruggier1 left #gluster
00:38 chirino joined #gluster
00:47 zero_ark joined #gluster
01:10 Hawson joined #gluster
01:10 haomaiwa_ joined #gluster
01:12 haomai___ joined #gluster
01:15 plarsen joined #gluster
01:20 MacWinner joined #gluster
01:20 MacWinner joined #gluster
01:25 gildub joined #gluster
01:45 Pupeno_ joined #gluster
01:52 hagarth joined #gluster
02:00 harish joined #gluster
02:11 hagarth joined #gluster
02:11 jmarley joined #gluster
02:12 chirino joined #gluster
02:20 theron joined #gluster
02:21 bala joined #gluster
02:43 bharata-rao joined #gluster
02:58 bala joined #gluster
03:08 XpineX joined #gluster
03:08 ubungu left #gluster
03:13 d-fence joined #gluster
03:24 rejy joined #gluster
03:27 haomaiwa_ joined #gluster
03:32 lalatenduM joined #gluster
03:44 itisravi joined #gluster
03:46 spandit joined #gluster
03:47 dusmant joined #gluster
03:51 kanagaraj joined #gluster
03:51 RameshN joined #gluster
04:13 kshlm joined #gluster
04:22 ngoswami joined #gluster
04:26 ppai joined #gluster
04:31 bharata-rao joined #gluster
04:32 ndarshan joined #gluster
04:35 vimal joined #gluster
04:38 kshlm joined #gluster
04:44 kumar joined #gluster
04:46 rastar joined #gluster
04:48 deepakcs joined #gluster
04:58 kdhananjay joined #gluster
05:00 vimal joined #gluster
05:02 nshaikh joined #gluster
05:03 zero_ark joined #gluster
05:07 ramteid joined #gluster
05:12 davinder8 joined #gluster
05:27 meghanam joined #gluster
05:27 meghanam_ joined #gluster
05:28 prasanthp joined #gluster
05:37 hagarth joined #gluster
05:55 vpshastry joined #gluster
05:56 bharata-rao joined #gluster
05:56 zerick joined #gluster
06:00 dusmant joined #gluster
06:07 raghu joined #gluster
06:15 saurabh joined #gluster
06:25 kkeithley joined #gluster
06:26 Bardack joined #gluster
06:32 nbalachandran joined #gluster
06:33 bala1 joined #gluster
06:33 hagarth joined #gluster
06:37 vimal joined #gluster
06:40 andrewklau joined #gluster
06:40 andrewklau Is there a link which I can track 3.5.1 release status?
06:42 vpshastry joined #gluster
06:43 rjoseph joined #gluster
06:44 ctria joined #gluster
06:44 hagarth andrewklau: https://bugzilla.redhat.co​m/show_bug.cgi?id=1071800
06:45 glusterbot Bug 1071800: unspecified, unspecified, ---, ndevos, ASSIGNED , 3.5.1 Tracker
06:46 ngoswami joined #gluster
06:51 glusterbot New news from newglusterbugs: [Bug 1081337] geo-replication create doesn't take into account ssh identity file <https://bugzilla.redhat.co​m/show_bug.cgi?id=1081337>
06:51 calum_ joined #gluster
06:54 andrewklau hagarth, cheers
06:55 eseyman joined #gluster
06:59 rgustafs joined #gluster
07:05 rgustafs joined #gluster
07:05 aravindavk joined #gluster
07:05 RameshN joined #gluster
07:06 ekuric joined #gluster
07:07 ricky-ti1 joined #gluster
07:12 dusmant joined #gluster
07:16 Philambdo joined #gluster
07:29 fsimonce joined #gluster
07:47 Thilam joined #gluster
07:58 liquidat joined #gluster
08:26 shylesh__ joined #gluster
08:27 rajesh joined #gluster
08:29 rjoseph left #gluster
08:30 rjoseph joined #gluster
08:31 rjoseph hagarth: did you pinged me?
08:45 nbalachandran joined #gluster
08:56 ProT-0-TypE joined #gluster
08:57 Slashman joined #gluster
09:01 harish joined #gluster
09:03 hagarth rjoseph: not today, maybe a few days back :)
09:04 itisravi joined #gluster
09:12 kumar joined #gluster
09:27 nbalachandran joined #gluster
09:32 aravindavk joined #gluster
09:33 ctria joined #gluster
09:51 glusterbot New news from newglusterbugs: [Bug 1095595] Stick to IANA standard while allocating brick ports <https://bugzilla.redhat.co​m/show_bug.cgi?id=1095595>
10:01 ktosiek joined #gluster
10:20 GabrieleV_ joined #gluster
10:22 ngoswami joined #gluster
10:32 hagarth1 joined #gluster
10:33 shyam joined #gluster
10:35 dlambrig joined #gluster
10:37 aravindavk joined #gluster
10:37 edward1 joined #gluster
10:37 glusterbot New news from resolvedglusterbugs: [Bug 1005164] Add code for syncenv_destroy() and clean up syncenv_new() <https://bugzilla.redhat.co​m/show_bug.cgi?id=1005164>
10:41 kdhananjay1 joined #gluster
10:47 Georgyo joined #gluster
10:52 gildub joined #gluster
10:57 ade_b joined #gluster
10:57 ade_b hi guys, how do I resolve messages like this "Unable to get lock for uuid: afd1c0f5-129b-4856-abdc-d6b15567dd51, lock held by: afd1c0f5-129b-4856-abdc-d6b15567dd51"
10:59 hagarth ade_b: restart glusterd on that node
11:00 ade_b hagarth, thanks
11:01 ctria joined #gluster
11:02 rwheeler joined #gluster
11:03 nbalachandran joined #gluster
11:07 ade_b hagarth, restarted glusterfs on one node (the one with the errors) - still getting the issue
11:07 ade_b hagarth, or should  restart glusterfs on the other node (there are only 2 nodes)
11:07 hagarth ade_b: did you restart glusterfs or glusterd?
11:07 glusterbot New news from resolvedglusterbugs: [Bug 1081870] Updating glusterfs packages reads 'rpmsave' files created by previous updates, and saves the files as .rpmsave.rpmsave. <https://bugzilla.redhat.co​m/show_bug.cgi?id=1081870>
11:08 ade_b hagarth, glusterd
11:08 ade_b hagarth, sorry
11:08 hagarth ade_b: what version are you running?
11:10 ade_b glusterfs-server-3.5.0-2.el6.x86_64
11:10 ade_b glusterfs-libs-3.5.0-2.el6.x86_64
11:10 ade_b glusterfs-3.5.0-2.el6.x86_64
11:10 ade_b glusterfs-cli-3.5.0-2.el6.x86_64
11:10 ade_b glusterfs-api-3.5.0-2.el6.x86_64
11:10 ade_b glusterfs-rdma-3.5.0-2.el6.x86_64
11:10 ade_b vdsm-gluster-4.14.6-0.el6.noarch
11:10 ade_b glusterfs-fuse-3.5.0-2.el6.x86_64
11:10 uebera|| joined #gluster
11:11 hagarth ade_b: ok and when do you see this message? upon trying to perform a volume operation?
11:12 ade_b hagarth, Im running oVirt 3.4 - so just normal day to day stuff - I guess its one of the VMs Im running
11:15 * ade_b moves the SPM to the other node
11:15 hagarth ade_b: would it be possible to collect the contents of /var/log/glusterfs from both nodes?
11:15 ade_b sure thing, but where to send them?
11:17 prasanthp joined #gluster
11:18 hagarth ade_b: if you happen to tgz the directories, what would be their sizes?
11:20 kdhananjay joined #gluster
11:21 ade_b hagarth, I will take a look
11:22 glusterbot New news from newglusterbugs: [Bug 1105147] Setting either of user.cifs or user.smb option to enable leads to enabling of smb shares. Enable only when none are disable <https://bugzilla.redhat.co​m/show_bug.cgi?id=1105147>
11:23 ade_b hagarth, ok, on one node the uncompressed size is 182m and the other its 2.2g :-/
11:23 hagarth ade_b: darn :/
11:24 ade_b ok the first node compresses to 11M
11:24 hagarth ade_b: can you check the sizes of glusterd.log on both nodes?
11:24 ade_b ok
11:24 RameshN joined #gluster
11:25 ade_b wow the other node compresses to 128M
11:25 dusmant joined #gluster
11:25 ade_b anyway, will look at glusterd.log
11:25 ndarshan joined #gluster
11:26 ade_b hagarth, glustershd.log ?
11:27 hagarth ade_b: no .. etc-glusterfs-...glusterd.log
11:27 ade_b ah etc-glusterfs-glusterd.vol.log
11:27 bala1 joined #gluster
11:28 ade_b 2.1M and 21M on each node respectively
11:28 ade_b I can create a dropbox link
11:29 hagarth ade_b: that would be helpful
11:30 bgpepi joined #gluster
11:32 hagarth @channelstats
11:32 glusterbot hagarth: On #gluster there have been 314137 messages, containing 12456945 characters, 2058592 words, 7581 smileys, and 1046 frowns; 1584 of those messages were ACTIONs. There have been 136589 joins, 3906 parts, 132847 quits, 24 kicks, 440 mode changes, and 7 topic changes. There are currently 231 users and the channel has peaked at 240 users.
11:41 diegows joined #gluster
11:42 bene2 joined #gluster
11:51 ndarshan joined #gluster
11:52 glusterbot New news from newglusterbugs: [Bug 1107649] glusterd fails to spawn brick , nfs and self-heald processes <https://bugzilla.redhat.co​m/show_bug.cgi?id=1107649>
11:54 chirino joined #gluster
11:55 RameshN joined #gluster
11:55 dusmant joined #gluster
11:58 prasanthp joined #gluster
12:05 cvdyoung joined #gluster
12:07 dlambrig left #gluster
12:10 theron joined #gluster
12:16 lalatenduM joined #gluster
12:17 atrius joined #gluster
12:17 lalatenduM joined #gluster
12:20 DV__ joined #gluster
12:22 chirino_m joined #gluster
12:25 hagarth joined #gluster
12:36 B21956 joined #gluster
12:38 davinder8 joined #gluster
12:46 LebedevRI joined #gluster
12:53 sroy_ joined #gluster
12:55 Pupeno joined #gluster
12:57 jiku joined #gluster
13:02 zero_ark joined #gluster
13:04 firemanxbr joined #gluster
13:09 deeville joined #gluster
13:11 japuzzo joined #gluster
13:12 jag3773 joined #gluster
13:15 d-fence joined #gluster
13:16 jmarley joined #gluster
13:16 jmarley joined #gluster
13:21 bene2 joined #gluster
13:22 jskinner_ joined #gluster
13:23 spandit joined #gluster
13:25 bennyturns joined #gluster
13:26 brad_mssw joined #gluster
13:38 theron joined #gluster
13:38 theron joined #gluster
13:42 theron joined #gluster
13:44 shyam joined #gluster
13:44 jag3773 joined #gluster
13:48 jobewan joined #gluster
13:55 zero_ark joined #gluster
14:00 zero_ark joined #gluster
14:00 rturk-away joined #gluster
14:03 ctria joined #gluster
14:12 sjm joined #gluster
14:21 chirino joined #gluster
14:22 ron-slc joined #gluster
14:25 ctria joined #gluster
14:31 ade_b joined #gluster
14:37 MacWinner joined #gluster
14:37 theron joined #gluster
14:43 ndk joined #gluster
14:54 nbalachandran joined #gluster
14:57 jag3773 joined #gluster
15:04 al joined #gluster
15:09 semiosis JoeJulian: re: hating ubuntu, anything I can help with?
15:16 bala1 joined #gluster
15:17 coredump joined #gluster
15:24 cyberbootje joined #gluster
15:25 brad[] Hi all, I'm not sure if there's documentation on the GlusterFS support in Ovirt 3.5 - if there is I haven't found it. Specifically adding a storage domain / creating a pool etc. During the initial setup of a datacenter. If someone can link me to current docs that would be terrific.
15:26 brad[] ah rats, wrong channel. Hah. Sorry.
15:29 JoeJulian semiosis: Make apt do everything as simply as yum?
15:29 jag3773 joined #gluster
15:29 semiosis oh
15:30 JoeJulian I wonder if I could make a yum wrapper for apt... :D
15:34 jbd1 joined #gluster
15:36 mrhinkle joined #gluster
15:39 MacWinner joined #gluster
15:55 dusmant joined #gluster
15:58 jbrooks joined #gluster
15:59 shyam joined #gluster
16:19 diegows joined #gluster
16:19 mrhinkle joined #gluster
16:23 chirino_m joined #gluster
16:29 semiosis published ubuntu packages of 3.4.4.  debian packages to come later today.
16:30 arcimboldo joined #gluster
16:31 [o__o] joined #gluster
16:32 jskinner_ joined #gluster
16:34 Matthaeus joined #gluster
16:38 diegows joined #gluster
16:42 JoeJulian glusterfs-3.5.1beta2 released
16:42 JoeJulian Dammit... I'm having trouble duplicating this bug that happens in production.
16:43 JoeJulian In prod it happens every stinking time.
16:45 semiosis describe it
16:46 JoeJulian bug 1022510
16:46 glusterbot Bug https://bugzilla.redhat.com:​443/show_bug.cgi?id=1022510 urgent, urgent, ---, rgowdapp, NEW , GlusterFS client crashes during add-brick and rebalance
16:46 JoeJulian Also crashes, of course, during remove-brick
16:46 JoeJulian hagarth thinks it might be a performance xlator. I can't test in production though. :/
16:46 semiosis did you strace the client during crash?
16:47 semiosis strace glusterd?
16:47 JoeJulian Nope, didn't know it was going to happen.
16:47 hagarth JoeJulian: I thought I provided you a link to a fix a few days back
16:47 semiosis but now you do
16:47 JoeJulian What?!?!
16:47 hagarth JoeJulian: didn't I ?
16:47 hagarth JoeJulian: give me a minute
16:48 JoeJulian hagarth: nothing in gerrit with that bug tag.
16:48 hagarth JoeJulian: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=961615
16:48 glusterbot Bug 961615: urgent, high, ---, pkarampu, CLOSED CURRENTRELEASE, Hypervisor mount crashed after rebalance
16:49 JoeJulian claims it was fixed in 3.4.0
16:49 _dist joined #gluster
16:50 JoeJulian I'm running 3.4.3
16:50 hagarth JoeJulian: the fixed in is misleading
16:50 hagarth the fix is in 3.5 and mainline, not yet in 3.4
16:50 JoeJulian grrr
16:53 hagarth JoeJulian: backport for release-3.4 - http://review.gluster.org/8029
16:53 glusterbot Title: Gerrit Code Review (at review.gluster.org)
16:53 sputnik13 joined #gluster
16:55 JoeJulian hagarth: afaict, if I patch and install this I should be able to make use of it right away without worrying about clients, right?
16:56 hagarth JoeJulian: this change is in dht on the client side, would need to upgrade the clients.
16:57 ramteid joined #gluster
16:57 JoeJulian mmkay
16:59 JoeJulian Ok, semiosis, where's the best place to find out how you do deb builds?
17:00 semiosis it's complicated
17:00 JoeJulian figured
17:00 semiosis but i can help
17:00 JoeJulian hagarth: If I loaded this change and did a graph change that affected the client, I don't suppose it would reload the library at that point would it?
17:01 semiosis the broad steps you'll need to take are: 1. install some packages, 2. get the source package files, 3. add the patch, 4. rebuild the source package, 5. build the binaries
17:02 semiosis install the build-essential & pbuilder packages
17:03 JoeJulian So step 1, make a ubuntu VM on my desktop..
17:03 semiosis step 0 then
17:03 semiosis i'm going to go grab lunch while you do that
17:03 JoeJulian hehe, I thought launchpad did that all. :/
17:03 semiosis launchpad takes care of publishing
17:04 semiosis bbiab
17:07 hagarth JoeJulian: memory mapping would be quite complex, your clients might suffer a SIGBUS too. best to re-mount the clients
17:08 JoeJulian ok
17:15 _dist JoeJulian: I find for building debs the build-dep parm on apt-get is pretty awesome
17:16 bet_ joined #gluster
17:25 semiosis JoeJulian: back.  let me know when you've got that vm ready to go
17:29 vpshastry joined #gluster
17:30 tdasilva joined #gluster
17:33 mrhinkle joined #gluster
17:33 arcimboldo joined #gluster
17:38 JoeJulian Ugh... the color... looks like I'm installing Barney instead of a Pangolin.
17:40 ricky-ticky1 joined #gluster
17:47 gomikemike joined #gluster
17:47 gomikemike hello
17:47 glusterbot gomikemike: Despite the fact that friendly greetings are nice, please ask your question. Carefully identify your problem in such a way that when a volunteer has a few minutes, they can offer you a potential solution. These are volunteers, so be patient. Answers may come in a few minutes, or may take hours. If you're still in the channel, someone will eventually offer an answer.
17:48 gomikemike damn got slapped by glusterbot
17:49 JoeJulian :)
17:51 gomikemike i need to sync some files to an s3 bucket and was thinking of using fileconveyor to sync the files up
17:52 gomikemike reading around it seems that is not the best way to get that done? Is there a "preferred" way to sync from a glusterfs mount point in to an s3 bucket?
17:52 JoeJulian Nope.
17:57 lalatenduM joined #gluster
17:57 gomikemike any suggestions on a glusterfs cluster setup on aws?
17:58 gomikemike i currently (on DEV) have a 2 node cluster. I use lvm to create the FS and then im creating the brick on top of that
17:58 gomikemike this way I can grow the brick just by adding EBS volumes
17:59 Matthaeus joined #gluster
17:59 gomikemike is DNS round robin the best way to do "load balancing"?
18:01 T0aD the simpliest
18:01 semiosis JoeJulian: you could get by with ubuntu server
18:01 semiosis JoeJulian: we're not going to need any gui to build pacakges
18:02 semiosis gomikemike: what are you trying to accomplish?
18:02 JoeJulian semiosis: yeah, that's what I'm installing. It's got that aweful purple text background though. :D
18:03 semiosis oh right, that
18:03 JoeJulian I probably just should have looked for a prebuilt image.
18:03 semiosis do you use vagrant?
18:03 JoeJulian no
18:03 JoeJulian ... could do that too I suppose...
18:03 semiosis https://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/vagrant/
18:03 glusterbot Title: Index of /vagrant (at cloud-images.ubuntu.com)
18:04 semiosis best is probably a full standalone vm
18:07 20WAABMZ7 joined #gluster
18:09 gomikemike brb meeting
18:10 hchiramm__ joined #gluster
18:15 mrhinkle joined #gluster
18:18 velladecin joined #gluster
18:20 [o__o] joined #gluster
18:38 plarsen joined #gluster
18:39 gomikemike semiosis: so, we have some drupal servers that are mounting their static content directory from gluster, we want to also sync to S3 any new files that get added to the FS
18:40 semiosis afaik there's no ready to go solution to sync gluster to s3.  i havent looked into it in a while, but when i did i was disappointed with all the options
18:41 semiosis you could just snapshot your ebs volumes, those are persisted to S3 storage, but not through the s3 api
18:42 gomikemike semiosis: we are trying to point cloudfront at the s3 bucket vs a web server
18:43 zaitcev joined #gluster
18:43 semiosis hmm, might be easier to set up a custom origin to have cloudfront pull from your web servers instead
18:43 semiosis or perhaps modify drupal to persist things to s3
18:49 gomikemike i'm just fighting to not use s3 at all...we'll seee
18:49 gomikemike thanks for the input
18:49 JoeJulian I like s3/swift for static content.
18:50 gomikemike i have just fought a huge fight to get gluster in this company...not sure i can bring in more for now
18:50 semiosis gomikemike: doesn't need S3 at all: http://aws.amazon.com/about-aws/wha​ts-new/2010/11/09/cloudfront-adds-s​upport-for-custom-origins-and-sla/
18:50 glusterbot Title: Amazon CloudFront Announces General Availability, Support for Custom Origins, and Service Level Agreement (at aws.amazon.com)
18:51 mrhinkle joined #gluster
18:51 gomikemike semiosis: thanks, reading now
18:51 semiosis yw
18:58 chirino joined #gluster
18:59 DanishMan joined #gluster
19:04 jag3773 joined #gluster
19:26 Matthaeus joined #gluster
19:36 mjsmith2 joined #gluster
19:39 glusterbot New news from resolvedglusterbugs: [Bug 764731] Support SSL in socket transport <https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=764731>
19:46 theron joined #gluster
19:47 bgpepi joined #gluster
20:15 gildub joined #gluster
20:30 dtrainor joined #gluster
20:33 johnmark joined #gluster
20:33 twx joined #gluster
20:33 l0uis joined #gluster
20:33 Rydekull joined #gluster
20:33 saltsa joined #gluster
20:33 msvbhat joined #gluster
20:33 tru_tru joined #gluster
20:33 purpleidea joined #gluster
20:33 purpleidea joined #gluster
20:33 msvbhat joined #gluster
20:33 JustinClift joined #gluster
20:33 ghenry joined #gluster
20:33 ghenry joined #gluster
20:33 xavih joined #gluster
20:33 k3rmat joined #gluster
20:33 JustinClift joined #gluster
20:33 AaronGr joined #gluster
20:33 JonathanD joined #gluster
20:34 edong23 joined #gluster
20:34 sage__ joined #gluster
20:34 ccha2 joined #gluster
20:36 marbu joined #gluster
20:39 gts__ joined #gluster
20:40 JoeJulian @ppa
20:40 glusterbot JoeJulian: The official glusterfs packages for Ubuntu are available here: 3.4 stable: http://goo.gl/u33hy -- 3.5 stable: http://goo.gl/cVPqEH -- introducing QEMU with GlusterFS 3.4 support: http://goo.gl/7I8WN4
20:41 fsimonce` joined #gluster
20:45 semiosis JoeJulian: whats happening?
20:45 semiosis ready for more guidance?
20:45 JoeJulian Yep
20:45 firemanxbr joined #gluster
20:46 Pupeno_ joined #gluster
20:47 jag3773 joined #gluster
20:52 semiosis JoeJulian: so you have your vm?   apt-get install build-essential pbuilder
20:52 ctria joined #gluster
20:53 semiosis download the source packages from launchpad: https://launchpad.net/~semiosis/+arc​hive/ubuntu-glusterfs-3.4/+packages
20:53 glusterbot Title: Packages in “ubuntu-glusterfs-3.4” : ubuntu-glusterfs-3.4 : semiosis (at launchpad.net)
20:53 semiosis you want the .debian.tar.gz file, for example this one, for precise: https://launchpad.net/~semiosis/+archiv​e/ubuntu-glusterfs-3.4/+files/glusterfs​_3.4.4-ubuntu1~precise1.debian.tar.gz
20:54 semiosis it contains one folder, debian/, which you'll need to put into the root of the source tree
20:56 ninkotech joined #gluster
20:57 semiosis let me know when you get that far
20:57 JoeJulian I'm that far. I have to run another errand though. <sigh>
20:57 semiosis ok
20:57 semiosis lmk when you're back
20:57 Philambdo joined #gluster
20:58 jobewan joined #gluster
21:08 bchilds joined #gluster
21:19 chirino joined #gluster
21:31 calum_ joined #gluster
21:39 jobewan joined #gluster
22:10 sputnik13 joined #gluster
22:13 theron joined #gluster
22:13 rwheeler joined #gluster
22:29 Matthaeus joined #gluster
22:33 MacWinner joined #gluster
22:34 purpleidea semiosis, JoeJulian: https://pay.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/27​tojx/rhel7_civ5_both_out_today_its_a_sign/
22:34 glusterbot Title: RHEL7 + Civ5 - Both out today. It's a sign. : linux (at pay.reddit.com)
22:54 sputnik13 joined #gluster
22:55 JoeJulian lol
22:56 sputnik13 joined #gluster
23:32 sputnik13 joined #gluster
23:33 sputnik13 joined #gluster
23:37 sputnik13 joined #gluster
23:42 jcsp1 joined #gluster

| Channels | #gluster index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary