Perl 6 - the future is here, just unevenly distributed

IRC log for #onionsketch, 2015-03-06

| Channels | #onionsketch index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
02:48 chansen joined #onionsketch
16:13 khw joined #onionsketch
18:47 Topic for #onionsketch is now The State of the Onion | v5.21.10 due on March 20th  
18:56 steveh joined #onionsketch
19:15 rjbs Sorry!  We've got a snow day here, and my daughter's friend is over.
19:15 rjbs Things are a bit... chaotic.
19:15 rjbs steveh: Still about?
19:15 steveh Yep, still here
19:16 rjbs Okay!  Hopefully they will remain sane for the next 30m or so...
19:16 rjbs How goes prep for .10?
19:16 steveh Looking good. I've been trying to get some long out-of-sync CPAN modules up to date.
19:17 steveh I finally got Text-Balanced sorted, and have enquired about Text-ParseWords and PerIO-via-QuotedPrint too
19:17 steveh and threads is back in sync
19:17 rjbs Excellent.  I keep meaning to check on whether we have any underscore versions in blead... /me does so now
19:22 steveh I'm only seeing Test-Simple modules at a quick glance
19:22 rjbs Yes, and sorry, someone came to my door.
19:23 rjbs (today is NUTS)
19:23 rjbs Okay, well, I will have a more thorough check when my house is asleep.
19:23 rjbs But good, good.
19:23 rjbs I will probably end up bumping Carp's version in the next day or two
19:23 rjbs I have some bugfixes from my CPAN release.
19:23 rjbs I think they're only to tests, actually.  Might not affect VERSION.
19:24 rjbs In theory, no contentious changes will be landing, so you should be safe from any weird patch drama.
19:24 rjbs but I think there might have been a little discussion of one still open on p5p :)
19:24 steveh ;-)
19:24 rjbs Hopefully your delta experience will also be pretty sedate.
19:24 steveh Yeah, not much to report in that.
19:24 rjbs Okay, what else do we have on our agenda?
19:25 rjbs smokes!
19:25 rjbs last I looked, they looked pretty good
19:25 steveh We do have about 18 tickets open on rt#121224
19:25 steveh Yes, smokes pretty good, but blockers not so good
19:25 rjbs Yeah, I wanted to start in on those yesterday, but it didn't happen.
19:25 rjbs Usually, when we get to this time of the year, at least a half dozen of those turn out to be long solved.
19:25 rjbs Have you had a look through them at all?
19:26 steveh Not yet. I will have a look through them and see if I can do any (or if any are already done).
19:27 rjbs Great.  If not, no worries, it's on my agenda.
19:27 rjbs Also on my agenda is perldelta merging.  Wanted to start last week.  Will probably start tonight.  It's nice brainless work at the beginning, which I may want after today.
19:27 rjbs I don't think we have any particularly large open bugs, either, so probably no specifics bugs to review?
19:28 rjbs (I'm running, here, on my generic agenda.)
19:29 rjbs (We're in luck, the person at the door was a grandmother-aged friend who is now minding the children!)
19:30 steveh I'm not aware of any showshoppers right now (other than any logged already on the blockers ticket).
19:31 rjbs Okay.  Well, you and I will both review blockers.  Once I do my first pass, I will begin the regular (increasing-frequency) posting of them to the list.
19:31 rjbs I'll look at patching Carp, now that the version on CPAN is passing tests everywhere.
19:32 rjbs There is some chance that Test-Simple will be getting downgraded to the current stable release.
19:32 rjbs I need to talk to the toolchain gang about that.
19:32 rjbs If that's going to happen, I'd like it to happen no later than next week.
19:32 rjbs it should not, I think, be an issue
19:32 rjbs I'll give myself a todo to do it in a branch
19:32 steveh Ok. I've generally been leaving CPAN modules that are behind CPAN, but I intend to look through to see if any could be updated without violating the code freeze.
19:32 rjbs +1 to that
19:33 rjbs Okay.  With all that spelled out, I think I have nothing else to say.  I hope it is not only because my house is jumping.
19:33 rjbs Anything else on your list?
19:34 rjbs (I don't have a .11 release manager yet, but will have one in a day or two.)
19:34 steveh No, I don't think. The main focus for everyone now should be on blockers.
19:34 rjbs yup@
19:34 rjbs okay!
19:34 rjbs Then I am going to go help this poor visitor with the children, and I thank you for your time
19:35 rjbs Our next meeting is Wednesday the 18th
19:35 rjbs same time for you, one hour later for me
19:35 steveh Ok, thank you too. Will speak again on 18th, if not sooner.
19:35 steveh Yes indeed :-)

| Channels | #onionsketch index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary