Camelia, the Perl 6 bug

IRC log for #padre, 2011-03-05

| Channels | #padre index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
00:00 user_9176 left #padre
00:12 Hyppolit svn: r13922 | szabgab++ | http://padre.perlide.org/trac/changeset/13922
00:12 Hyppolit Update the messages.pot file
00:12 Hyppolit trunk/Padre/share/locale/
00:22 waxhead joined #padre
01:57 user_9176 joined #padre
01:57 jnap joined #padre
02:01 user_9176 left #padre
02:03 jnap left #padre
02:45 jnap joined #padre
02:47 jnap left #padre
03:05 asarch joined #padre
03:07 asarch left #padre
03:08 asarch joined #padre
05:15 asarch left #padre
06:53 kaare__ joined #padre
07:02 pece joined #padre
10:27 kaare__ is now known as kaare
10:56 Sewi joined #padre
11:07 toi joined #padre
11:14 toi left #padre
11:25 meorero joined #padre
11:25 meorero Hi all
11:26 meorero I have a question regarding translation
11:26 Sewi hi meorero
11:27 meorero I am using a laptop with ArchLinux.
11:27 meorero I want to go on with the Hebrew translation
11:28 meorero after check - out from SVN - shall I run perl ../tools/update_pot_file.pl ??
11:28 meorero Or it's not a "must" ?
11:28 Sewi No, you don't need this.
11:29 Sewi Actually we're switch over to a "you shouldn't do this" policy, because it's run regualary - if I remember correctly.
11:35 meorero I run it - maybe I shouldn't have to - and it gives me an error
11:36 Sewi A very fresh version should be on svn
11:36 Sewi You could use this one
11:36 meorero I have checked out just today from SVN.
11:36 meorero Iget this error:
11:37 meorero [meorero@meorero-arch05 ~]$ perl ~/padre-trn/padre/tools/update_pot_file.pl
11:37 meorero Due to bug #1132 we only allow the use of v0.17 of xgettext[meorero@meorero-arch05 ~]$
11:37 Hyppolit #1132: missing strings in 'messages.pot' (closed defect) [ http://padre.perlide.org/t​rac/ticket/1132#comment:4 ]
11:37 Sewi If you checked out today, there is no need to run it
11:37 meorero Oh... thanks.
11:37 meorero Maybe the Wki page should be corrected.
11:44 meorero Sewi - thanks.
11:44 meorero Bye
11:44 meorero left #padre
11:54 toi joined #padre
12:20 aiglenoir joined #padre
12:25 aiglenoi1 left #padre
12:47 Sewi left #padre
12:54 Sewi joined #padre
13:40 asarch joined #padre
14:10 szabgab Sewi: yeah, I have configured a cron job that runs every few hours and updates the messages.pot
14:10 Sewi Do you want to update the wiki page?
14:10 Sewi translate?
14:10 szabgab it seems to be a bit to enhusiastic now and commits even line changes
14:11 szabgab it should be updated yes
14:11 szabgab will you do that?
14:11 szabgab or shall I?
14:12 Sewi could you do that?
14:14 szabgab sure, but I'd also appreacite help with the bug organization
14:15 szabgab translation?
14:15 Hyppolit translation is http://padre.perlide.org/t​rac/wiki/TranslationIntro
14:16 meorero joined #padre
14:17 szabgab meorero: I just updated the wiki with the info
14:18 szabgab that you do *NOT* nead to run update_pot_file.pl   any more
14:18 szabgab as it is being done on a regular base
14:19 meorero Oh.. great,  see it
14:21 meorero Now - I only have to do is: check out from svn, update the he.po and do msgmerge, yes?
14:22 meorero szabogag - It is done regular base? Where?
14:23 szabgab meorero: a cron job on the svn server
14:23 szabgab and it commits the change back to the server with my username
14:23 szabgab and yes, I think you only need to  msgmerge and update he.po
14:25 meorero msgmerge and update the he.po? or vice versa - update the he.po and then masmerge?
14:26 szabgab what do you mean by update the he.po ?
14:29 meorero The Hebre file
14:29 meorero found under: ./padre/Padre/share/locale/
14:30 Hyppolit svn: r13923 | sblandin++ | http://padre.perlide.org/trac/changeset/13923
14:30 Hyppolit Updated Padre Italian translation
14:30 Hyppolit trunk/Padre/share/locale/
14:31 szabgab what do you mean by *update* ?
14:31 szabgab svn up?
14:31 szabgab or by you editing it?
14:32 meorero Oh... sorry - in "update" I mean edit. in Poedit.
14:33 szabgab so I am not sure but I think first you need to merge
14:33 szabgab and only then update edit it
14:33 szabgab and only then edit it
14:34 meorero what should I do first? msgmerge, or edit the file?
14:34 szabgab msmerge
14:35 szabgab msgmerge
14:52 meorero Here's a summary of what I do. Am I correct??
14:52 meorero 1) Create a special directory for the Padre you are translating (this would be a development version, different from the oficcial released Padre);
14:52 meorero 2) Check out from SVN - to have the last Padre code + translations;
14:52 meorero 3) Prepare ("compile") this development Padre by doing:
14:52 meorero do: cd ./padre/Padre/
14:52 meorero run: perl Makefile.PL
15:05 meorero left #padre
15:06 meorero_ joined #padre
15:07 meorero_ left #padre
16:02 asarch left #padre
16:51 kaare_ joined #padre
16:53 kaare left #padre
16:53 meorero joined #padre
17:00 jfroebe joined #padre
19:30 kaare_ is now known as kaare
20:14 pece left #padre
20:26 meorero left #padre
21:06 perlite_ joined #padre
21:09 perlite left #padre
21:09 perlite_ is now known as perlite
21:38 Sewi left #padre
22:12 ispy_ left #padre
22:38 kaare left #padre
22:44 ispy_ joined #padre
22:44 ispy_ left #padre
23:39 ispy_ joined #padre
23:44 |Sno| joined #padre
23:50 Sno| left #padre

| Channels | #padre index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary