Camelia, the Perl 6 bug

IRC log for #parrot, 2009-03-10

Parrot | source cross referenced

| Channels | #parrot index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
00:08 wayland76 Patch on ticket https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/ticket/426 should hopefully eliminate some duplicate code :)
00:09 AndyA joined #parrot
00:19 tetragon joined #parrot
00:28 japhb joined #parrot
00:29 ron joined #parrot
00:49 eternaleye joined #parrot
02:01 dalek parrot: r37251 | allison++ | trunk/examples/streams (11 files):
02:01 dalek parrot: [cage] Updating titles of Stream examples for better navigation.
02:01 dalek parrot: review: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/changeset/37251/
02:05 dalek parrot: r37252 | allison++ | trunk/docs/parrotbyte.pod:
02:05 dalek parrot: [cage] Removing extra sections at the end, according to the Parrot
02:05 dalek parrot: coding standards.
02:05 purl i heard coding standards was that a joke? :P
02:05 dalek parrot: review: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/changeset/37252/
02:20 wayland76 No, it's a standard code for talking like a Parrot
02:20 wayland76 Hey, I've had an idea.  Lets declare an "International 'Talk like a Parrot' day" :)
02:28 dalek parrot: r37253 | allison++ | trunk/docs/pdds/pdd07_codingstd.pod:
02:28 dalek parrot: [doc] Updating coding standards on Pod documentation to match current
02:28 dalek parrot: policy.
02:28 dalek parrot: review: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/changeset/37253/
02:43 Woody4286 joined #parrot
02:59 dalek parrot: r37254 | allison++ | trunk/t/native_pbc (4 files):
02:59 dalek parrot: [cage] Skipping all native PBC tests, until a more robust testing
02:59 dalek parrot: strategy is designed and implemented. See TT #357 for more details.
02:59 dalek parrot: review: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/changeset/37254/
03:03 dalek parrot: r37255 | allison++ | trunk/docs/project/release_manager_guide.pod:
03:03 dalek parrot: [cage] Removing the native PBC step from the release manager's guide,
03:03 dalek parrot: pending a more robust testing strategy. See TT #357 for more details.
03:04 dalek parrot: review: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/changeset/37255/
03:07 rg uhm ... coke? cotto? anyone? since cores are now selected with --runcore, I've overlooked that -r tests will match that aswell. as a result, any test that is skipped for -r is also skipped for every core. should i prepare a patch to match /-r\b/ or should that rather be decoded as --run-pbc and matched as such?
03:11 rg hmm i'm reopening TT#403 and call it a night.
03:12 dalek parrot: r37256 | Util++ | trunk/lib/Parrot/Docs/Section (2 files):
03:12 dalek parrot: [cage] Added standard SVN properties
03:12 dalek parrot: review: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/changeset/37256/
03:31 Tene_ joined #parrot
03:42 janus joined #parrot
03:44 tetragon joined #parrot
04:22 dalek parrot: r37257 | Util++ | trunk (13 files):
04:22 dalek parrot: [codingstd] Fixed copyrights that were only off by single characters.
04:22 dalek parrot: review: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/changeset/37257/
04:30 dalek parrot: r37258 | Util++ | trunk/lib/Parrot/Docs/Item.pm:
04:30 dalek parrot: [codingstd] Uncuddled an else.
04:30 dalek parrot: review: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/changeset/37258/
05:31 dalek parrot: r37259 | Util++ | trunk/docs/submissions.pod:
05:31 dalek parrot: [codingstd] Re-sequenced =item numbers to pass pod_syntax.t
05:31 dalek parrot: review: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/changeset/37259/
06:41 tetragon joined #parrot
06:58 TiMBuS joined #parrot
07:12 uniejo joined #parrot
07:17 Psyche^ joined #parrot
07:34 wayland76 joined #parrot
07:41 dalek parrot: r37260 | jquelin++ | trunk/examples/pir/befunge:
07:41 dalek parrot: moved befunge language to pir example to clean up languages shipped with
07:41 dalek parrot: parrot.
07:41 dalek parrot: review: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/changeset/37260/
08:03 dalek parrot: r37261 | jquelin++ | trunk/examples/pir/befunge (5 files):
08:03 dalek parrot: befunge no more part of languages/ - update build & infrastructure stuff
08:03 dalek parrot: review: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/changeset/37261/
08:06 korshak joined #parrot
08:07 dalek parrot: r37262 | jquelin++ | trunk/config/gen/makefiles/languages.in:
08:07 dalek parrot: befunge moved outside of languages/
08:07 dalek parrot: review: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/changeset/37262/
08:10 korshak left #parrot
08:10 korshak joined #parrot
08:11 dalek parrot: r37263 | jquelin++ | trunk/config/gen/makefiles/languages.in:
08:11 dalek parrot: befunge moved outside of languages/
08:11 dalek parrot: review: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/changeset/37263/
08:11 clunker3 joined #parrot
08:13 ujwalic joined #parrot
08:15 dalek parrot: r37264 | jquelin++ | trunk (4 files):
08:15 dalek parrot: yet other befunge references squashed
08:15 dalek parrot: review: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/changeset/37264/
08:23 dalek parrot: r37265 | jquelin++ | trunk (4 files):
08:23 dalek parrot: removing last remnant bits of befunge language
08:23 dalek parrot: review: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/changeset/37265/
08:34 dalek tracwiki: v57 | wiml++ | WikiStart
08:34 dalek tracwiki: broken smoke.parrotcode.org link
08:34 dalek tracwiki: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/wiki/​WikiStart?version=57&action=diff
08:34 shorten dalek's url is at http://xrl.us/beizzq
08:45 masak joined #parrot
09:15 mikehh joined #parrot
09:22 korshak left #parrot
09:22 korshak joined #parrot
09:33 korshak left #parrot
09:33 korshak joined #parrot
09:36 dalek parrot: r37266 | cotto++ | trunk/src/pmc/fixedpmcarray.pmc:
09:36 dalek parrot: [PMC] Remove special case code from FixedPMCArray's set_pmc.
09:36 dalek parrot: This VTABLE function is only called ~14 times during make test, so code clarity
09:36 dalek parrot: and encapsulation trump optimization.
09:36 dalek parrot: review: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/changeset/37266/
09:44 clunker3 joined #parrot
10:03 dalek parrot: r37267 | cotto++ | trunk/src/pmc (2 files):
10:03 dalek parrot: [PMC] switch Fixed- and ResizablePMCArray to ATTRs and remove a long-neglected Pod section
10:03 dalek parrot: review: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/changeset/37267/
10:03 wayland76 @karma bacek
10:04 moritz purl: karma bacek
10:04 purl bacek has karma of 97
10:05 krunen joined #parrot
10:06 bacek oh... too close.
10:07 cotto to windows 98?
10:07 bacek good evening, btw
10:07 bacek cotto: no :)
10:07 bacek cotto: too close too 100.
10:13 wayland76 Office 97!  Oh noes :)
10:14 bacek wayland76: :)
10:16 bacek wayland76: No. I just promised myself that I will not try to apply for commitbit in Parrot/Rakudo before I'll have 100 points of karma
10:17 cotto rakudo: say <++kecab>.reverse
10:17 polyglotbot OUTPUT[bacek++␤]
10:18 cotto (it still seems like a chicken/egg problem to me, though)
10:18 moritz .oO( kebab? /me hungry... )
10:25 bacek :)
10:26 wayland76 bacek: I'd suggest basing it on successful patches instead :)
10:27 wayland76 purl: karma c/c
10:27 purl c/c has no karma.  It's a wee bit tricky to explain, but you'll understand in time, young Perl Jedi.
10:27 bacek wayland76: I hope at lease 2/3 of my karma is from dalek
10:27 korshak left #parrot
10:27 bacek at least...
10:28 ujwalic what are the rules for to use invoke in PASM
10:29 ujwalic error:imcc:The opcode 'invoke' (invoke<0>) was not found.
10:29 moritz in pir it's just ()
10:29 moritz don't know if that also applies for PASM
10:30 moritz ie $P0() calls invoke on $P0
10:30 ujwalic examples\nci\QtHelloWorld.pasm in examples is not working for me
10:31 ujwalic so i created QtHelloWorld.pir its working fine
10:31 ujwalic I am on windows XP
10:33 moritz submit patch :-)
10:34 ujwalic ok
10:47 ujwalic moritz: need to rename PQt.C to PQt.cpp
11:21 dalek parrot: r37268 | cotto++ | trunk/src/dynpmc/gdbmhash.pmc:
11:21 dalek parrot: [PMC] switch GDBMHash to ATTRs
11:21 dalek parrot: review: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/changeset/37268/
12:04 skv joined #parrot
12:33 rg1 joined #parrot
13:06 gryphon joined #parrot
13:11 gryphon joined #parrot
13:17 ujwalic moritz: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/ticket/427
13:18 moritz ujwalic: thanks
13:18 ujwalic :)
13:19 ujwalic used invokecc, set_args .... in PASM
13:39 Coke Infinoid: ping
13:41 Coke msg Infinoid http://www.parrot.org/smoke should probably 307 to the smolder address.
13:41 purl Message for infinoid stored.
13:41 Infinoid Coke: can do.
13:41 Infinoid I've been mostly working on adding bounces and aliases for things that parrotcode.org had; is this one of those?
13:42 Coke smoke.parrotcode.org/smoke
13:42 purl smoke.parrotcode.org/smoke is as close as you'll get.
13:42 Coke but since smoke is dead...
13:42 Infinoid ah, I didn't know there was a smoke.
13:42 Infinoid (I wish I had a master list of what parrotcode does, I've been working off of a list I scraped from google's cache)
13:43 Infinoid should that bounce to the smolder project address, or the smolder list of recent reports?
13:47 Infinoid we already had one for /smolder, I've added a similar one for /smoke.
13:58 mikehh joined #parrot
13:59 Coke Infinoid: you can checkout the svn repo that houses parrotcode
14:01 Infinoid that would be awesome.  URL?
14:01 Coke https://svn.perl.org/perl.org/docs/live/parrotcode
14:01 Infinoid thanks
14:01 Coke (took me that long to find my checkout)
14:01 Infinoid Coke++
14:01 Coke be sure to check the .htredirects file.
14:02 Infinoid good stuff, that'll help a lot
14:03 Coke And I can commit to that repo, so feel free to send patches to me or webmaster@parrotcode.org
14:06 Infinoid I suppose that all depends on how incremental we want this changeover to be.
14:06 Infinoid I sorta figured I'd get parrot.org handling all of its links, and then we'd just change DNS over one day
14:06 Infinoid but I'm flexible.
14:07 Coke fair enough.
14:07 Coke easier to just shut it down than to update it as we go.
14:07 Coke just saying.
14:07 Infinoid cool.  I've always wondered who to ask about the content over there :)
14:10 particle1 joined #parrot
14:12 AndyA joined #parrot
14:29 kj joined #parrot
14:58 Coke allison, chromatic and I all have commit bits, as do ask & robrt. (but they are admins, not content folks)
15:04 ron joined #parrot
15:07 * Coke tries to check out parrot via an http proxy and is getting a TON of
15:07 Coke svn: REPORT of '/parrot/!svn/vcc/default': Could not read response body: SSL err
15:07 Coke or: decryption failed or bad record mac (https://svn.parrot.org)
15:08 Coke updates a chunk of files, dies. 'svn up .' does more. at this rate I'll have a full checkout in 2 days.
15:09 Infinoid uh.  there's gotta be a better way
15:09 Coke yah, an rsync mirror would be awesome. =-)
15:10 NotFound I've done it several times with squid without problems.
15:10 Infinoid Well, I've already got a git mirror, and an rsync server, so that shouldn't be too tough.
15:11 Infinoid Last time I tried squid, it needed some additional HTTP command codes configured to get svn to work
15:12 Coke no doubt my proxy sucks.
15:12 Coke it's HTTP::Proxy
15:12 Infinoid in my squid.conf: extension_methods REPORT MERGE MKACTIVITY CHECKOUT
15:12 Coke great for simple stuff.
15:12 NotFound Sucks or socks?
15:12 Coke sucks.
15:12 Infinoid sucks is still better than socks
15:13 diakopter joined #parrot
15:13 Coke yay, finally finished a checkout I started yesterday. =-)
15:13 Coke (it's only taking a while because I get distracted by actual work.)
15:15 diakopter !seen chromatic
15:15 clunker3 chromatic was last seen on #parrot 5 months, 5 days, 6 hours, 38 minutes and 52 seconds ago, saying: "is good"?  Me fail English!
15:15 Fayland_logger Saw chromatic Quit: Quit: Leaving on Tue Mar  3 17:04:40 2009
15:16 Coke on the bright side, I finally have a platform where Devel::NYTProf works.
15:16 Coke (strawberry perl. go fig.)
15:17 Infinoid Coke: rsync://squawk.glines.org/parrot-trunk
15:18 Infinoid will be auto updated as soon as I can remember the crontab syntax for "once every 10 minutes"
15:18 Coke Infinoid: a day late!
15:18 moritz Infinoid: */10 * * *
15:18 Coke (but thanks)
15:18 Infinoid eh.
15:21 ron Is there a way to get a sub pmc for a pmc method declared in a pmclass without looking for the method name in a namespace?
15:22 Coke for a generic PMC or an object PMC?
15:22 ron generic PMC
15:22 Coke looks like there's a "find_method" vtable entry.
15:23 diakopter joined #parrot
15:23 Coke which is exposed, unsurprisingly, by the find_method opcode.
15:24 Infinoid surprise--
15:24 NotFound That's boring. We need a program that generates random names for opcodes ;)
15:24 ron Should that work for pmclass METHOD declarations as well as VTABLE declarations - I tried it for a declared METHOD and didn't seem to have luck with it.
15:24 Coke Given the descriptive text, yes, I'd expect it to work.
15:25 Coke given that it works via the PMCs own vtable, it's possible the PMC override find_method.
15:25 Coke ... or that the version on default.pmc sucks.
15:26 diakopter joined #parrot
15:26 Coke but yes, my expections don't match reality.
15:27 nopaste "coke" at 65.91.151.195 pasted "I'd expect this to work, but it's not found" (7 lines) at http://nopaste.snit.ch/15848
15:29 Coke ah, nytprof fails on strawberry also when I run the same code I run on macosx. wtf.
15:31 Tene joined #parrot
15:31 Theory joined #parrot
15:37 NotFound =item C<PMC * Parrot_find_method_with_cache>
15:37 NotFound Find a method PMC for a named method, given the class PMC,
15:37 NotFound "the class PMC"
15:42 ron I didn't find a tt or rt yet.  Should I double check and file a tt for the generic pmc case if nothing else turns up?
15:49 Coke ah...
15:49 pmichaud file a tt
15:50 NotFound "Looks up method $3 in $2's vtable" This description in the opcode is confusing
15:51 nopaste "coke" at 65.91.151.195 pasted "also fails." (7 lines) at http://nopaste.snit.ch/15849
15:57 rdice joined #parrot
15:59 ron left #parrot
16:33 dalek rakudo: 531ca2c | pmichaud++ | docs/spectest-progress.csv:
16:33 dalek rakudo: spectest-progress.csv update: 317 files, 7015 passing, 140 failing
16:33 dalek rakudo: Failure summary:
16:33 dalek rakudo:     S32-num/complex.rakudo aborted 140 test(s)
16:33 dalek rakudo: review: http://github.com/rakudo/rakudo/commit/5​31ca2c416e165922c8ca2dc6926eae87e4e77f3
16:33 shorten dalek's url is at http://xrl.us/bei24w
16:35 Whiteknight joined #parrot
16:35 riffraff joined #parrot
16:38 dalek rakudo: d8f59ef | (Moritz Lenz)++ | src/classes/Complex.pir:
16:38 dalek rakudo: implement .re and .im in Complex
16:38 dalek rakudo: review: http://github.com/rakudo/rakudo/commit/d​8f59efca856bc7b72fe2fec393f5fd703c33c57
16:38 shorten dalek's url is at http://xrl.us/bei25p
16:49 wayland76 joined #parrot
17:02 korshak joined #parrot
17:04 davidfetter joined #parrot
17:04 pmichaud #parrotsketch in 86
17:07 * Infinoid joins and lurks now as he'll probably forget.
17:30 davidfetter HAI UTIL
17:31 pmichaud #parrot sketch in 60
17:31 Whiteknight ha, daylight savings time strikes again!
17:32 davidfetter heh
17:41 NotFound #   Failed (TODO) test 'read on null PMC throws exception' # Expected: # /some crazy exception/   What?
17:42 NotFound And of course, no ticket.
17:43 korshak left #parrot
17:44 dalek parrot: r37269 | Util++ | trunk/config/gen/makefiles/root.in:
17:44 dalek parrot: Change make fulltest to unconditionally run all its tests (TT#432)
17:44 purl dalek: that doesn't look right
17:44 dalek parrot: review: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/changeset/37269/
17:46 PacoLinux joined #parrot
17:49 Coke Util--
17:50 Util Issue, Coke?
17:51 Coke yup. adding to the ticket.
17:51 particle1 joined #parrot
17:51 Util Shall I revert for now?
17:51 Coke In general, if you're changing something big, you might want to wait more than 11m for feedback. =-)
17:51 Coke feedback shortly.
17:52 dalek parrot: r37270 | NotFound++ | trunk/t/pmc/io.t:
17:52 dalek parrot: [cage] set ticket for TODO in t/pmc/io.t
17:52 dalek parrot: review: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/changeset/37270/
17:53 alvar_ joined #parrot
17:54 alvar_ joined #parrot
17:55 Util Hi, davidfetter!
17:55 Util FYI, your report of RPM problems led me to a hole in the release procedures; I am writing up the ticket now. (Well, *now* I am dealing with my first bad Whoops)
17:55 Util This problem caused the parrot.spec file to have DOS line-endings.
17:55 Coke Util: comment added (so yes, If it were up to me, I'd revert that.)
17:58 Util It is obvious to you that the old codepath is needed.
17:58 Util It is obvious to me that the new codepath is needed.
17:58 Util (More discussion on *why*, I will add to the ticket).
17:58 Util I will revert the change to target "fulltest", and re-apply it as a new target.
17:58 Util Sound good for now?
17:59 Coke I don't disagree that we need to get all the tests passing.
17:59 Coke (new target) yes, that's fine, of course.
18:01 Coke danke.
18:01 Coke util++
18:01 Coke util++
18:02 Util Allison (and at least one Release Manager before her) have issued pre-release calls for people to `make fulltest`, the results of which are *rarely* complete. It was just this use-case I was trying to address. I can see your point of wanting a target that either passes everything, or shows failure at the end.
18:03 Coke (rarely complete) those tests need fixing, stat. =-)
18:04 Coke if we're not fixing the tests that we know are failing now, running more tests that are failing isn't going to help us, I think.
18:05 Coke (but I can see how having someone motivated to run the tests and get all the failures at once would be helpful)
18:05 dalek parrot: r37271 | Util++ | trunk/config/gen/makefiles/root.in:
18:05 dalek parrot: Change make fulltest - revert r37269 (TT#432)
18:05 purl dalek: that doesn't look right
18:05 dalek parrot: review: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/changeset/37271/
18:06 Util Reverted. Suggestions for new target name? `alltest`? `prerelease_tests`?
18:06 Coke purl, ignore dalek.
18:06 Coke purl, owner?
18:06 Coke purl?
18:06 Coke purl, you in?
18:06 Coke huh.
18:06 purl Coke: huh?
18:06 purl owner is Masque
18:06 purl Coke?
18:06 purl i haven't a clue, coke
18:07 Util purl is on downers
18:08 barney joined #parrot
18:10 Coke Util: fulltest_all
18:11 Util I like it.
18:18 Coke There should be a ticket to convert both of those targets into a single 'fulltest' that runs under a single harness to address both of our concerns.
18:22 dalek parrot: r37272 | Util++ | trunk/config/gen/makefiles/root.in:
18:22 dalek parrot: Added target make fulltest_all (TT#432)
18:22 dalek parrot: review: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/changeset/37272/
18:23 * Coke kicks off a fulltest run to celebrate.
18:24 * Infinoid will miss #ps due to meetings, but didn't have much to report anyway.
18:25 Infinoid At the rate I'm currently going at, the website roadmap item probably won't be done before 1.0
18:27 dalek parrot: r37273 | allison++ | trunk/src/pmc/integer.pmc:
18:27 dalek parrot: [cage] Removing TODO that's already been done (generated MMD header
18:27 dalek parrot: entries), and the already commented-out code from the hack before the
18:27 dalek parrot: TODO was done. Resolves RT #46619.
18:27 dalek parrot: review: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/changeset/37273/
18:30 Andy joined #parrot
18:30 Coke clock?
18:30 purl Coke: LAX: Tue 11:30am PDT / CHI: Tue 1:30pm CDT / NYC: Tue 2:30pm EDT / LON: Tue 6:30pm GMT / BER: Tue 7:30pm CET / IND: Wed 12:00am IST / TOK: Wed 3:30am JST / SYD: Wed 5:30am EST /
18:31 Psyche^ joined #parrot
18:33 chromatic joined #parrot
18:39 allison Util: you'll have to put a skip for the main license file, as the Artistic License is owned by the Perl Foundation
18:39 Util Will do!
18:50 chromatic Hm, we already have docs/project/ticket_wrangler.pod
18:50 cotto Whiteknight, having help with the ATTR conversion would be nice.
18:51 allison chromatic: which shows it was a terrible name
18:51 cotto Could you take the ManagedStruct family?
18:51 allison chromatic: anything worth merging in from the old doc?
18:52 chromatic I'll review.  Do you think a rename and an update is appropriate?
18:52 Coke Might be worth doing an svn rename to the new name and then replacing it with your version.
18:52 Coke chromatic: so, yes.
18:52 cotto I can nopaste the places where its macros are hit during make test.
18:52 chromatic That was my thought as well.  I'll do that.
18:53 Whiteknight I can do ManagedStruct, yes
18:53 Whiteknight nopaste would be good, email would be better for the list
18:54 nopaste "cotto" at 96.26.202.243 pasted "ManagedStruct UnionVal macro usages" (52 lines) at http://nopaste.snit.ch/15851
18:55 Whiteknight thanks cotto, I'll get to work on that asap
18:56 cotto See the wiki page for any gotchas (https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/w​iki/PMCUnionDeprecationTasklist)
18:56 shorten cotto's url is at http://xrl.us/bei3qx
18:56 cotto Whiteknight++
18:56 Whiteknight don't ++ me, I've been too lazy this week
18:57 cotto It's only Tuesday.
19:00 barney joined #parrot
19:00 skv joined #parrot
19:01 Tene pmichaud: if you want to create a cardinal account, that would be great.
19:01 pmichaud okay, I'll start there.
19:05 baest joined #parrot
19:06 barney Some git instructions are also in https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/wiki/LeaveTheNest
19:06 chromatic Q: how in the world do I move Pheme, or at least complain until someone does it for me, preserving its history?
19:07 Tene I've got the start of a PCT-based scheme compiler.
19:07 Tene I'll post it to github probably tonight.
19:07 chromatic Note that Pheme follows "The Little Schemer"'s Scheme more than anything else at the moment.
19:08 chromatic Definitely not traditional R5RS.
19:09 barney I need to check up on eclectus on occasion
19:10 * Coke sings kumbayah.
19:11 barney http://www.myvideo.de/watch/484939/Kumba_Ya
19:12 Infinoid NotFound: the C api or the PMC api?
19:12 NotFound Infinoid: C api for anow
19:12 NotFound Don't checked if the pmc does the same.
19:13 Infinoid Ok.  Improving the C API is on my pdd13 list but *way* far in the future
19:13 Infinoid I eventually want to move most things over to using the pmc api, and then move most of the guts into the pmcs directly
19:13 * Util envisions Yippies surrounding the SVN repo server, willing it to rise into the air.
19:13 NotFound Is just a minor problem: the function does not look for the code position specfified, but for the previous.
19:13 Infinoid But I've got a few major milestones to go before that
19:14 Infinoid hmm.  that sounds a bit weird
19:14 NotFound Yes, but is what all callers expect.
19:15 NotFound Except the ones I introduced for trace and backtrace. I added 1 before the call to account for that.
19:15 Infinoid jonathan is the one who knows everything about this code (at least, I hope he does, because I sure don't)
19:16 NotFound The main problem is that the exception object does not contain the throwing point, but the continuation to resume.
19:17 NotFound And thus the look for the previous position makes sense.
19:17 Infinoid could catch blocks break that assumption entirely?  (I'm not very familiar with this stuff)
19:17 pmichaud I thought the point was that an exception could get the annotation from its caller chain
19:17 NotFound And the annotations opcode pass the next position, I suppose that is done that way for consistence.
19:19 pmichaud Tene:  do you have an email address I can use for the cardinal account creation?
19:19 Tene pmichaud: tene@allalone.org
19:20 NotFound pmichaud: but the functions called by the throw opcode does not pass the current position, the resume continuation points to the next opcode.
19:20 Infinoid NotFound: is the continuation point *always* the throwing point plus one?
19:20 Infinoid if so, maybe a macro would help.  if not, maybe there should be separate fields for each
19:20 NotFound Infinoid: that depends of the size of the opcode.
19:21 Infinoid well, plus sizeof(opcode_t)
19:21 Infinoid I'm just wondering if the continuation could point to a completely different function than the thrower
19:22 NotFound I tryied a patch modifying the throw_from_op functions. Is doable, but I'm not sure is the desired way.
19:22 Infinoid like I said, I don't know much about this stuff.
19:22 Whiteknight joined #parrot
19:22 NotFound Othe problem is that some opcodes pass a NULL continuation.
19:22 Patterner joined #parrot
19:23 Infinoid for fatal exceptions, I'm guessing?
19:23 Infinoid maybe you do want a separate field or method, then
19:23 NotFound No, the continuation is builded inside the opcode, there is no way to pass a differente location.
19:23 purl okay, NotFound.
19:24 Infinoid shiny
19:24 contingencyplan joined #parrot
19:24 pmichaud NotFound: my point is that when we throw an exception, we invoke a new context.
19:25 pmichaud so we know the position of the throw because that's the caller of the exception handler.
19:25 NotFound And for exceptions throw from C there is the general problem that not all runcores update pc
19:25 NotFound pmichaud: we know the context, but not the position
19:26 pmichaud but we know what annotations were in effect at the time of the throw
19:26 pmichaud because that's hold in the context, yes?
19:26 pmichaud *held
19:27 NotFound Mmm... Not sure.
19:27 pmichaud I'm pretty sure that's what jonathan++ said as to why we didn't need to know the exact position of the throw.
19:27 pmichaud the annotations keep track of whatever position information is important.
19:29 NotFound Well, the current implementation works fine, we can just accurately describe what the lookup function does.
19:33 slavorgn joined #parrot
19:35 NotFound Regarding pbc segment headers: the 'size' field is used in bytecode segment and pir debug segment, ignored in the others.
19:40 NotFound <NotFound> Infinoid: that depends of the size of the opcode.  --> Wrong, must be 'size of the instruction'
19:41 NotFound There are variants of die and throw with different number of operands.
19:41 Infinoid hmm.  ignored meaning, "not checked when reading values from the segment buffer", or "not written to the struct when reading", or "not written to the pbc when writing", or what?
19:41 Infinoid ah, ok
19:42 NotFound The size is zeroed in the other segments, and other field is used for the size of the first table.
19:43 Infinoid ... the size field in pbc or in c structs?
19:43 NotFound In the pbc.
19:44 Infinoid sounds lovely.  I bet a lot of this stuff was getting in the way when writing pirc
19:44 NotFound These fields are described i packfile.c line 1296 but not in the pdd
19:45 NotFound itype, id, size
19:46 NotFound And the bytecode segment use size, not the segment size, for the number of opcodes.
19:46 slavorgn joined #parrot
19:46 Infinoid uh.  I thought that segment header code was generic (there's a sort of pseudo-subclassing going on in the segment code)
19:47 NotFound pbc_checker.cpp works and shows correct results following this description.
19:47 Infinoid sounds like something worth fixing, anyway
19:48 NotFound In the current release, it accurately shows 32 and 63, be and le files.
19:48 NotFound 64
19:48 Infinoid nice
19:49 NotFound And is a lot easier to read than pacfile.c... at least to me ;)
19:50 Infinoid I've been mostly treating packfile.c like a black box, for this stage of the pdd13 work.  for stage 1 I'm just wrapping pmcs around the C structures, which is why I got blocked on the annotations reality/pdd13 mismatch
19:51 NotFound Initially I was thinking that there were alignment problems, but looks that all where due to the missing fields in the pdd description and the assumptions I was doing to compensate.
19:52 Infinoid its good that you're finding this stuff.  any mismatch is worthy of a ticket, regardless of whether it ends up being a doc fix or a code fix
19:52 NotFound The initial question is: itype and id fields must go?
19:53 Infinoid that poor bot
19:53 slavorgn joined #parrot
19:54 dalek parrot: r37274 | allison++ | trunk/lib/Parrot/Docs/Section/Parrot.pm:
19:54 dalek parrot: [doc] Add support policy to front page of generated HTML docs.
19:54 dalek parrot: review: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/changeset/37274/
19:55 Infinoid NotFound: I'm not sure anyone but jonathan can answer those questions :)
19:56 NotFound Let's write a ticket, then.
19:58 dalek parrot: r37275 | chromatic++ | trunk (1 files):
19:58 dalek parrot: [docs] Renamed ticket wrangler guide to ticket triaging guide; will edit
19:58 dalek parrot: shortly.
19:58 dalek parrot: review: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/changeset/37275/
20:00 particle1 joined #parrot
20:03 * Infinoid wants a kdiff3-like tool which compares documentation on the left with reality on the right, and produces a merged result
20:04 Coke allison: I can't remember, are these changes keeping history?
20:04 Coke s/changes/migrations/
20:05 Coke (old url in the commit message is wrong, I think.)
20:05 allison Coke: no history, just a relocation
20:05 NotFound Infinoid: that  is the reason I wrote a program completely independent of parrot code and configuration information,
20:05 NotFound Just looks at the reality of the bytecode file.
20:06 allison Coke: sigh, yes the url is wrong
20:08 allison Coke: and that mailer commit hook *really* wants to keep [svn:parrot] at the front. Even after I change it everywhere, it just prepends it to the subject in addition to the configured subject prefix
20:08 donaldh joined #parrot
20:08 Coke you sure that's not the mailing list?
20:10 ron joined #parrot
20:14 ron find_method came up earlier.  it only seems to be used for getting object pmc methods.  could the pmc_ops documentation about searching the vtable just be off?
20:18 allison Coke: it *is* the mailing list (just confirmed by sending a commit message directly to myself from the script). Fixed.
20:23 NotFound There is some HLL that already generates code annotations?
20:23 dalek parrot: r37276 | allison++ | trunk (3 files):
20:23 dalek parrot: [pheme] Relocating to https://svn.parrot.org/languages/pheme/trunk.
20:23 dalek parrot: review: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/changeset/37276/
20:27 Infinoid NotFound: from http://use.perl.org/~Jonath​anWorthington/journal/38233 I think the plan was to make PCT generate annotations for all the PCT languages, but I don't know if that's been done yet
20:28 moritz it hasn't.
20:31 dalek tracwiki: v68 | allison++ | Languages
20:31 dalek tracwiki: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/wiki/​Languages?version=68&amp;action=diff
20:31 shorten dalek's url is at http://xrl.us/bei4ag
20:31 dalek parrot: r37277 | chromatic++ | trunk/docs/project/ticket_triaging.pod:
20:31 dalek parrot: [docs] Revised ticket triaging and wrangling documentation.  Review welcome.
20:31 dalek parrot: review: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/changeset/37277/
20:33 Coke chromatic: a lot of what's in there is still rt-specific language.
20:34 Coke I can try to clean it up to be more trac specific and relegate rt to a footnote.
20:34 chromatic I revised a lot of it.  Feel free.
20:35 Coke (e.g. there is no parrot queue, there is no stalled ....)
20:35 Coke Sure, no problem.
20:35 dalek tracwiki: v131 | chromatic++ | ParrotRoadmap
20:35 dalek tracwiki: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/wiki/Par​rotRoadmap?version=131&amp;action=diff
20:35 shorten dalek's url is at http://xrl.us/bei4bb
20:35 dalek tracwiki: v132 | chromatic++ | ParrotRoadmap
20:35 dalek tracwiki: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/wiki/Par​rotRoadmap?version=132&amp;action=diff
20:35 shorten dalek's url is at http://xrl.us/bei4bd
20:36 Infinoid chromatic: If the ticket wrangling guide can't explain why the word "issues" is better than "problems", what hope do we mere mortals have?
20:36 pmichaud getting PCT to generate annotations is indeed in the plan.  I'm not sure when it will happen -- certainly before the end of March.
20:36 chromatic Infinoid, that's a good question.  I wasn't sure what to do with that section.
20:37 Coke chromatic: delete it.
20:37 moritz is there a way to unsubscribe from the [svn:languages] mails?
20:37 moritz (while keeping the parrot commits, that is)
20:37 Coke chromatic: hurm. this devolves into "commit messages" at some point.
20:38 Coke I think that belongs in a separate doc.
20:38 NotFound For example the annotations lookup function behaviour I was discussing is not causing any problem, but can be an issue
20:38 Infinoid chromatic: Also, the file says nothing about adding tests for regressions, though you've indicated in the past (and I agree) that these are important.
20:38 chromatic Good point.
20:38 chromatic Coke, are you actively editing this now?
20:38 Coke chromatic: just reading it.
20:39 Infinoid Though maybe that should go in the patch submitting guide, rather than the ticket triaging guide...
20:39 chromatic Okay, one moment then.
20:39 Coke was going to edit in a separate pass with more time.
20:39 Coke ah, excellent.
20:39 purl well, ah, excellent. is my log publicly available?
20:39 Coke (getting beaten to it)++
20:39 Coke purl: no one here wants to see your... log.
20:39 purl Coke: huh?
20:40 Infinoid Maybe by "publicly available", he meant trading shares of it on nasdaq.
20:41 NotFound If purl is a broker the crisis can have some hidden causes
20:41 Infinoid Brings whole new meaning to the phrase "market deflation".
20:43 pjcj_ joined #parrot
20:44 dalek parrot: r37278 | chromatic++ | trunk/docs/project/ticket_triaging.pod:
20:44 dalek parrot: [docs] Removed a confusing discussion of "issue" versus "problem" and added
20:44 dalek parrot: information about necessary test and documentation sections of patches to the
20:44 dalek parrot: ticket triaging guidelines.
20:44 dalek parrot: review: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/changeset/37278/
20:45 Infinoid chromatic: If the ticket triaging guide shouldn't have a section on commit messages (as Coke mentioned), a simple example would probably be sufficient.
20:46 Infinoid Mentioning the ticket number and the submitter in the commit message is also important I think, though I don't see those mentioned anywhere.
20:46 Infinoid But if that stuff is moving to a different document, I'm getting dangerously close to bikeshedding.
20:47 chromatic I think the commit message stuff is in there.
20:47 chromatic I don't mind a little bit of overlap in the book.
20:48 NotFound So the toy pir preprocessor I wrote yesterday is the first "language" that annotates? Can I claim some prize?
20:48 Infinoid Ah, there it is.  I was just searching for the wrong thing
20:48 Infinoid NotFound: You win the game and have unlocked secret characters!
20:48 NotFound Ooooooooohhh
20:48 NotFound Let's play again!
20:49 Infinoid Here's some annotations you can play with. :)
20:52 Infinoid chromatic: Are you still fiddling with the document?  If so, I've got a couple of niggles.  If not, I can commit them myself.
20:55 chromatic Go ahead.
20:55 Infinoid Line 337, "=item If related to an RT ticket, use the ticket title" applies to trac as well, and it'd be nice if the number in the commit message was preceded by "RT" or "TT"
20:56 Infinoid line 387, they should create trac tickets, not RT ones.
20:57 korshak joined #parrot
20:59 korshak left #parrot
20:59 korshak joined #parrot
21:01 Coke pmichaud: are http://dev.perl.org/perl6/doc/synopsis.html up to date?
21:01 chromatic By "go ahead", I mean "feel free to commit".
21:02 pmichaud Coke:  no, and at one time there was a page that redirected to the correct location.
21:02 pmichaud I'm not sure what happned with that.
21:03 pmichaud The 'Synopsis' link in the left sidebar is a bit closer to what should be there.
21:04 Coke can probably add an .htredirect on synopsis.html that takes you to the same link as the sidebar. should I do that?
21:04 moritz Coke: please do so
21:04 pmichaud yes, please.
21:04 moritz I updated the link in the side bar some time ago
21:04 moritz but I didn't know about .htredirect
21:04 allison Coke: can we switch which repository dev.perl.org is pulling from?
21:05 pmichaud I don't think that dev.perl.org is pulling from any repository at the moment.
21:05 moritz and I don't have commit access anyway, I have to submit all patches to webmaster@perl.org
21:05 allison Coke: (may be a question for Robert)
21:05 dalek rakudo: 0c893bc | (Moritz Lenz)++ | src/ (2 files):
21:05 dalek rakudo: Implement Any.reduce in Perl 6, bacek++, pmichaud++
21:05 dalek rakudo: review: http://github.com/rakudo/rakudo/commit/0​c893bc4449bbfa6da5c501b00779912b96c8e59
21:05 shorten dalek's url is at http://xrl.us/bei4fj
21:05 allison pmichaud: yes, it pulls from the svn.perl.org/perl6
21:05 Coke er... looking dev.perl.org's .htredirects file, I'm no longer confident that's a simple switch.
21:06 Coke there are quite a few rules in there already.
21:06 pmichaud okay, I misspoke.  I don't know that the perl6 dev pages are being auto-generated from a repository at the moment.
21:06 moritz looks like fun ;-)
21:06 pmichaud yes, the pages themselves are coming from the repository.
21:07 pmichaud at one time the synopsis HTML files were being autogenerated from svn.perl.org/perl6/doc/trunk
21:07 Coke http://dev.perl.org/perl6/doc/design/syn/S06.html seems to just point to pugscode.
21:07 pmichaud I don't know if that step is still occurring.  I think it isn't.
21:08 Coke uh... http://dev.perl.org/perl6/pdd/ ?
21:09 Coke thinking we can just delete all the pdds from the perl6 site.
21:09 Coke (since they don't seem to be linked to.)
21:09 pmichaud I agree.
21:09 pmichaud maybe a redirect would be useful there, though.
21:09 pmichaud but it could be a generalized redirect for the pdd/ tree, instead of each individual document.
21:10 allison pmichaud: combust allows a displayed html page to be generated directly from a pod file in some remote repository, that's probably the right way to go
21:10 Coke er, also http://dev.perl.org/perl6/code.html
21:10 Coke allison: IMO, it's not.
21:11 pmichaud right now we have the HTML generation taking place on pugscode.org -- same place as where the documents themselves are stored.
21:11 Coke because then you end up with issues when the file moves, or new files are added, or...
21:11 Coke (a smarter combust template might deal with that; i have yet to see one)
21:11 allison Coke: it worked well enough for the old parrot docs, but yes we did run into those problems
21:11 pmichaud it's much easier for us to fix things up on pugscode.org than it is to do via combust on dev.perl.org
21:11 Coke well enough? no, it was a complete PITA.
21:12 allison Coke: well, I'm happy to be on the new strategy :)
21:13 Coke looks like someone could go through https://svn.perl.org/perl.org/docs/live/dev/{.htredirects,perl6} and do a bit of cleanup.
21:13 Coke lots of ooooold stuff in there.
21:15 Coke ... including the lie that I am the project manager for parrot. Fixing that...
21:19 Coke the people.html also doesn't seem to reference a bunch of people that it should, and also references a few people that should probably be moved to "old guard".
21:19 Coke (who page is probably replacable with a wiki page.)
21:19 Coke *whole page
21:20 Coke also removing Jesse as perl6 pm.
21:21 moritz http://www.perlfoundation.org/​perl6/index.cgi?perl_6_people perhaps?
21:22 dalek parrot: r37279 | allison++ | trunk/config/gen/languages.pm:
21:22 dalek parrot: [config] Removing pheme and dotnet from makefile generation step.
21:22 dalek parrot: review: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/changeset/37279/
21:22 pmichaud Coke: do you know/remember the steps for granting someone bugadmin privs in RT?
21:22 GeJ Good morning everyone.
21:23 Coke pmichaud: it's in docs/proj
21:23 PacoLinux joined #parrot
21:23 szabgab joined #parrot
21:24 pmichaud is it still there after today's updates?
21:24 pmichaud ;-)
21:25 Coke https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/browser/tr​unk/docs/project/metacommitter_guide.pod
21:25 shorten Coke's url is at http://xrl.us/bei4ii
21:25 allison pmichaud: you have to sync back to an earlier version of the document
21:25 allison pmichaud: it's been updated for Trac now
21:25 pmichaud okay
21:26 allison pmichaud: (you may want to take a copy of the earlier doc for rakudo)
21:26 pmichaud I can browse it through tags, I suspect.
21:26 Coke pmichaud: sorry, didn't realize someone had gutted it. =-)
21:27 allison pmichaud: anything before 37106 will work
21:27 Coke moritz: yes, something like that.
21:27 purl i heard something like that. was that true?
21:27 pmichaud allison:  one can also view old versions through the tags/ subtree
21:27 pmichaud (in the current rev)
21:28 pmichaud I find that a bit easier sometimes.
21:28 allison pmichaud: makes sense, and that way you get a view fixed to a particular release
21:28 pmichaud e.g.:  http://svn.parrot.org/parrot/t​ags/RELEASE_0_8_1/docs/project
21:28 shorten pmichaud's url is at http://xrl.us/bei4ix
21:29 pmichaud okay, the metacommitter guide says how to update the parrot queue... how do I do it for the perl6 queue?  ;-)
21:30 allison pmichaud: should be the same, but substitute 'perl6' for 'parrot'
21:30 * pmichaud starts playing around with random urls.
21:30 allison pmichaud: oh, no I remember...
21:30 pmichaud no "parrot" in https://rt.perl.org/rt3/Admin/​Groups/Members.html?id=178234   :-)
21:30 allison pmichaud: there's no public way to navigate to the pages
21:30 Coke the perms are the same.
21:30 allison pmichaud: and the pages are random numbers
21:31 pmichaud the perms are the same for perl6 and parrot?  okay, that makes sense.
21:31 Coke yes.
21:31 pmichaud that's what it looks like from what I'm seeing, yes.  Thanks.
21:31 Coke which confused me the last time someone asked me to make them a perl6 bugadmin.
21:31 allison Coke: that makes more sense
21:31 Coke so says robrt, so say we all.
21:31 allison so say we all
21:31 Coke by your command. I gotta get home.
21:33 wayland76 joined #parrot
21:39 dalek parrot: r37280 | allison++ | trunk/t/perl/Parrot_Distribution.t:
21:39 dalek parrot: [languages] Remove dotnet from hardcoded path check.
21:39 dalek parrot: review: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/changeset/37280/
21:43 davidfetter joined #parrot
21:43 korshak left #parrot
21:43 dalek parrot: r37281 | allison++ | trunk (3 files):
21:43 dalek parrot: [dotnet] Migrating .NET bytecode translator to
21:43 dalek parrot: https://svn.parrot.org/languages/dotnet/trunk/.
21:43 dalek parrot: review: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/changeset/37281/
21:47 bsdz joined #parrot
21:55 chromatic Projects which are focused on "awesome" tend, over the long term, to be rather more successful than projects which worry about what others might be saying about them.
21:55 chromatic (from an LWN article)
21:57 wayland76 Well, that looks good for perl6 and enlightenment :)
21:57 ruoso joined #parrot
21:58 Whiteknight joined #parrot
21:59 diakopter I'm guessing it's merely a reflection of attention/focus...  projects focused on external perspective don't have enough resources to focus on being "awesome" let alone have enough time to figure out what "awesome" is
22:00 GeJ if only e17 could have a once-a-month release schedule.
22:00 Tene e17 has packages in fedora right now.
22:00 Tene :)
22:00 GeJ or even a once-every-solar-eclipse, I'd go with that.
22:00 chromatic I don't know how a serious project can fail to have a release every year.
22:01 Tene So they're doing something a bit better than Parrot might be.
22:02 moritz we *had* debian packages in parrot
22:02 allison packagers love projects that don't make new releases, no work :)
22:02 moritz and they hat FTBS bugs, and nobody responded
22:02 moritz so they were thrown out
22:02 Tene FTBS?
22:02 GeJ well, renderman is only releasing snapshots of the sub projects he maintains. and since he's giving some away, every snapshot available has less components available than the previous one. :(
22:02 moritz "failed to build from source"
22:02 GeJ s/renderman/rasterman/
22:03 moritz I think all it takes is a maintainer how really cares
22:03 allison moritz: I've been trying to get updated debian packages accepted for a year and a half now
22:04 moritz allison: I should add "a debian maintainer who really cares"
22:04 allison moritz: there seems to be some sort of process confusion somewhere
22:04 Tene allison: what do you need to get that moving faster?
22:04 allison Tene: an act of god?
22:05 allison Tene: seriously, we've been producing stable debian packages for over a year
22:05 moritz how do I generate a debian package from the svn?
22:05 allison Tene: so, it's mainly a matter of getting a debian maintainer to sponsor them
22:06 donaldh joined #parrot
22:06 allison mortiz: you generate a debian package from a release tarball, instructions are in docs/project/debian_packaging_guide.pod
22:07 moritz allison: I'll take a look, thanks
22:07 Tene So we keep asking them, and they just ignore it?
22:07 allison moritz: I recommend doing 0.9.0, if you want to experiment
22:08 allison Tene: no, we have 3 debian sponsors, and they agree to review the packages, and then drop off the map again (they're all quite busy with other things)
22:08 Tene Ah.
22:10 chromatic You know, chip is a Debian Developer.
22:12 allison I'd say he falls in the same "busy with other things" category
22:12 chromatic I'm exploring guilt and backtalk as a motivational technique.
22:13 Tene Arson is a significantly underused motivational technique.
22:13 allison chromatic/Tene: has been known to backfire, make sure you wear your personal shield :)
22:26 wayland joined #parrot
22:32 kid51 joined #parrot
22:34 donaldh joined #parrot
22:37 rurban joined #parrot
22:37 rurban seen NotFound
22:37 purl NotFound was last seen on #parrot 1 hours, 48 minutes and 44 seconds ago, saying: Let's play again!
22:39 rurban NotFound: I just confirmed that my simple tt254-64bit-pbc.patch fixes 64bit reading 32bit any everything else. And I found why ALIGN_16 is broken on 64bit.
22:40 rurban I also looked more deeply at your pbc_checker and it is very inmature. the various ignores are just specials, not violating the specs
22:40 rurban also the 64bit logic is okay, because you forgot segment_unpack
22:41 Tene_ joined #parrot
22:41 rurban I'll nopaste the patch. I still have a problem when thawing the interp pmc, with an invalid hash type (!= PMC) though.
22:42 Limbic_Region joined #parrot
22:44 nopaste "rurban" at 93.210.227.68 pasted "make 64bit pbc reading almost work." (354 lines) at http://nopaste.snit.ch/15855
22:56 Patterner joined #parrot
23:02 dalek parrot: r37282 | jkeenan++ | trunk/examples/pir/befunge/Makefile:
23:02 dalek parrot: Add SVN Id tag and svn:keywords property per report in TT 428; mikehh++.
23:02 dalek parrot: review: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/changeset/37282/
23:15 PacoLinux joined #parrot
23:26 alvar joined #parrot
23:26 dalek parrot: r37283 | jkeenan++ | trunk/lib/Parrot/Test/Pod.pm:
23:26 dalek parrot: Add to list of files which should not be examined for POD syntax because we have deliberately bad syntax in them for use in other parts of the test suite.
23:26 dalek parrot: review: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/changeset/37283/
23:30 bacek_ joined #parrot
23:30 dalek parrot: r37284 | jkeenan++ | trunk/tools/dev/install_files.pl:
23:30 dalek parrot: Convert inline TODO item to Trac ticket 434.
23:30 dalek parrot: review: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/changeset/37284/
23:38 dalek parrot: r37285 | jkeenan++ | trunk/examples/pir/befunge/Makefile:
23:38 dalek parrot: Trying to get this to pass t/distro/file_metadata.t re svn:keywords.
23:38 dalek parrot: review: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/changeset/37285/
23:41 pmichaud Tene_: cardinal repo now created -- sent email with details.
23:41 Tene_ pmichaud++
23:41 pmichaud http://github.com/cardinal/cardinal
23:41 pmichaud I have to take son to soccer game -- bbl
23:41 Tene_ Thank you for doing my work for me.
23:46 dalek parrot: r37286 | jkeenan++ | trunk/examples/pir/befunge/Makefile:
23:46 dalek parrot: Still(!) trying to get the properties right.  Will delete and restore.
23:46 dalek parrot: review: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/changeset/37286/
23:47 Topic for #parrotis now Parrot 0.9.1 Released | http://parrot.org/ | < 1 week to Parrot 1.0!
23:49 cotto allison, can you update the numbers at the end of docs/project/release_manager_guide.pod to whatever was agreed on?
23:49 cotto (version numbers)
23:50 allison cotto: okay, doing now
23:50 dalek parrot: r37287 | jkeenan++ | trunk/examples/pir/befunge/Makefile:
23:50 dalek parrot: Restoring Makefile, in the hope that the svn properties will now be correct.
23:50 dalek parrot: review: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/changeset/37287/
23:51 cotto thanks
23:51 allison cotto: they're right, someone must have already updated
23:52 cotto ok.  I thought that the next stable release after 1.0 would be called 1.6.  My mistake.
23:54 chromatic The next stable release after 1.0 will be 1.1.
23:54 allison cotto: your release will be 1.4, yes
23:54 dalek parrot: r37288 | jkeenan++ | trunk/src/packfile/pf_items.c:
23:54 dalek parrot: Applying patches submitted by Andy Dougherty in https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/ticket/430 and https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/ticket/431.  Quieting some warnings and other fixes.
23:54 dalek parrot: review: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/changeset/37288/
23:55 cotto Sorry. "stable", not stable.
23:55 Infinoid "supported" :)
23:55 allison "eggplants"
23:55 chromatic I like "supported".
23:55 Infinoid I didn't mean to reopen any cans of worms, guys.
23:55 cotto ditto
23:56 allison :)
23:57 allison anyway, the version numbers in the guide are right
23:58 kid51 trac is sloooooooow
23:58 dalek parrot: r37289 | allison++ | trunk/docs/project/release_manager_guide.pod:
23:58 dalek parrot: [cage] Add a reference to support policy from upcoming release list.
23:58 dalek parrot: review: https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/changeset/37289/

| Channels | #parrot index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary

Parrot | source cross referenced