Perl 6 - the future is here, just unevenly distributed

IRC log for #parrotsketch, 2008-12-16

| Channels | #parrotsketch index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
04:13 contingencyplan joined #parrotsketch
07:24 davidfetter joined #parrotsketch
08:31 contingencyplan joined #parrotsketch
13:12 Wknight8111 joined #parrotsketch
13:37 contingencyplan joined #parrotsketch
16:24 contingencyplan joined #parrotsketch
17:24 pmichaud joined #parrotsketch
17:26 jhorwitz joined #parrotsketch
17:36 mberends joined #parrotsketch
17:36 PacoLinux joined #parrotsketch
17:55 allison joined #parrotsketch
18:12 Whiteknight joined #parrotsketch
18:21 Coke joined #parrotsketch
18:23 moritz joined #parrotsketch
18:27 Infinoid joined #parrotsketch
18:27 Infinoid *lurk*
18:27 chromatic joined #parrotsketch
18:28 * Coke flips chromatic for running the meeting.
18:28 Whiteknight like a cat, chromatic always lands on his feet after a flipping
18:29 chromatic Not when I fall down the stairs.
18:29 chromatic Then again, I've seen my cats fall down the stairs.
18:29 kj joined #parrotsketch
18:29 cotto joined #parrotsketch
18:29 * Whiteknight stamps FAIL on that whole mental image
18:30 chromatic 1 minutes
18:30 jonathan joined #parrotsketch
18:31 moritz OH HAI
18:31 particle ~~
18:31 kj hi
18:31 pmichaud present.
18:31 jonathan ahoj
18:31 jhorwitz alo
18:31 chromatic Shall we start?
18:32 chromatic allison, are you here?
18:32 allison yes
18:32 allison is that a "go ahead and report?"
18:32 allison - Resolved a few issues with the I/O branch after merging it in.
18:33 allison - Created an Ubuntu package archive for Parrot, which allows us to create automated regular builds of Ubuntu packages from the repository (nightly/weekly).
18:33 allison - Found a few issues while doing that, which I'll check in after the release today.
18:33 allison - Creating a branch for string handles (filehandles that just read/write to a string)
18:33 allison - Starting up the GC branch right after the release today.
18:33 allison EOR
18:34 chromatic I fixed a couple of bugs and reviewed the numbers PDD.
18:34 chromatic I haven't finished reviewing opcodes for potential deprecations; I probably won't have time until this afternoon.
18:34 chromatic I also failed to write a journal imploring people to help us review TODO/SKIPs, but I'll do that too.
18:34 chromatic Coke?
18:35 Coke Parrot:
18:35 Coke - doc updates to steer away from RT and to Trac.
18:35 Coke - added chromatic++'s 'vgp' tool to the repository
18:35 Coke - fix 'examples_tests'
18:35 Coke - trac wiki/trac ticket/RT mongering
18:35 Coke - remove crufty PLATFORM reports
18:35 Coke Partcl:
18:35 Coke - trying to get partcl working again against parrot head; many segfaults in the way.
18:35 Coke - Need to rethink strategy for targeting versions of parrot. :|
18:35 Coke .
18:35 chromatic cotto?
18:35 cotto * got a Coverity u/p, fixed or ignored a bunch of reports
18:35 cotto * ready to remove hash seed from PARROT_EXPORT after the release today
18:35 cotto * found a bug in Hash, no luck squashing it, will send to list
18:35 cotto .eor
18:35 chromatic Infinoid?
18:36 * allison queues one q
18:36 Infinoid some patch mongering, a bunch of codingstd tweaks.
18:36 Infinoid q1q
18:36 Infinoid ^D
18:36 chromatic japhb?
18:37 chromatic jhorwitz?
18:37 jhorwitz mod_parrot 0.5 release is delayed due to problems with the pdd22io merge.  wanted to subclass FileHandle but it fails miserably.  working with allison to help work around that.
18:37 jhorwitz implemented some workarounds for recent rakudo and parrot changes.
18:37 jhorwitz various foundation calls to deal with financials.
18:37 jhorwitz EOR
18:37 chromatic jonathan?
18:37 jonathan * Finished up the MMD grant from DeepText and wrote/blogged final report
18:37 jonathan * Got a Hague grant to Do Stuff in Rakudo - blogged a project plan
18:37 jonathan * Started working on it; got the type registry pretty much working in a branch (all spectests passing, but need to fix up use - discussing that with pmichaud ATM)
18:37 jonathan * A few tests we passed for the wrong reasons showed up - did some of those fallout fixes, other casses we'll fudge the tests for now
18:37 jonathan * Got hypers and various other IO bits done in my Rakudo day last week too.
18:37 jonathan .end
18:37 chromatic kj?
18:38 kj == PIRC
18:38 kj + various refactoring.
18:38 kj == IMCC
18:38 kj + removed .namespace <id> / .endnamespace <id> sugar.
18:38 kj == Questions
18:38 kj + I have 4 quick ones.
18:38 kj .end
18:38 chromatic moritz?
18:38 moritz * worked on the Perl 6 test suite to get us past 5k passing tests for today's
18:38 moritz release
18:38 moritz * succeeded.
18:38 moritz .end
18:38 chromatic particle?
18:38 particle ~ got expense form created for pafo, dealt with other foundation activities
18:38 particle ~ pds, ppw, and other expenses must be submitted using this form
18:38 particle ~ fixed a bunch of broken tests in anticipation of the release
18:38 particle ~ looking at a few more on strawberry perl today
18:38 particle ~ shepherded some wiki contributors
18:38 particle ~ gave up on getting calling_conventions branch working for the release, we'll have to reschedule that roadmap item, no solution for failing tests there, seems a context issue
18:38 particle .end
18:38 chromatic PerlJam?
18:39 chromatic pmichaud?
18:39 pmichaud ** Rakudo spectests (r33949): 249 files, 5139 passing, 0 failing
18:39 pmichaud +334 passing tests since last #ps.
18:39 pmichaud == Parrot stuff
18:39 pmichaud : more subid improvements with tewk++
18:39 pmichaud == PGE stuff
18:39 pmichaud : switched to use :subid
18:39 pmichaud : added <?{{...}}> and <!{{...}}> code assertions (PIR code)
18:40 pmichaud == PCT stuff
18:40 pmichaud : fixed interactive mode handling post-pdd22io merge
18:40 pmichaud : suggestions on PAST::Control block handling
18:40 pmichaud : updated to make full use of :subid
18:40 pmichaud == Rakudo stuff
18:40 pmichaud : resolved 18 RT tickets
18:40 pmichaud : refactored array, item, list, hash handling for builtins
18:40 pmichaud : fixed list and hash flattening and interpolation
18:40 pmichaud : fixed postcircumfix:<[ ]> to work with non-Rakudo arrays
18:40 pmichaud : added new 0-ary 1-ary block handling to sort
18:40 pmichaud : refactored sort to be stable sort
18:40 pmichaud : added comparison and sorting of Pairs
18:40 pmichaud : added hash slicing
18:40 pmichaud : fixed list assignment of my/our declarators
18:40 pmichaud : generated some articles, statistics on Rakudo progress
18:40 pmichaud : revised test_summary.pl script to simplify graphing, provide more data
18:40 pmichaud : fixed handling of undef/Failure
18:40 pmichaud : added Nil type, handling of "bare return"
18:40 pmichaud EOR
18:40 chromatic Tene?
18:41 chromatic Whiteknight?
18:41 Whiteknight * Prepared for and practiced release
18:41 Whiteknight * Lots of testing, various configurations and platforms
18:41 Whiteknight * A little bit of nagging on list (sorry!)
18:41 Whiteknight * Some tinkering on the book
18:41 Whiteknight * Getting my hands on some versions of Borland's compiler for testing
18:42 chromatic Did I miss anyone?
18:43 chromatic Let's go to question time then.  allison?
18:43 allison My q was for Coke, on languages targeting versions of parrot.
18:44 allison The ultimate plan is that languages will target the 6-monthly releases, but the monthly releases will end up being the "release candidates" for those 6-monthly releases.
18:45 allison Coke: Is there anything we can do to make it easier? You're the test subject paving the way for future languages.
18:45 Coke well, step one, document the plan. =-)
18:46 Coke I was unaware about the six-month target release for HLLs.
18:46 Coke but I suspect that it's different pre-1.0
18:46 allison that's my task today. At least, the first step of posting something to parrot.org
18:46 Coke just added a LeaveTheNest wiki page today.
18:46 allison 1.0 is the first of the 6-month releases
18:46 cotto q1q
18:46 allison so, the next few monthly releases are the "release candidates" for 1.0
18:47 Coke ok. well, before then, I'd like to see the monthly releases pass all tests for partcl;
18:47 Coke I'm not sure what I can do other than report all the bugs I find.
18:47 pmichaud Rakudo will likely to continue to choose to target monthly releases.
18:47 Coke (and fix what I can. but most of them require C-fu I don't have.)
18:48 Coke I'm not really in a worse state than I was when I was -in- the repository, fwiw.
18:48 kj although it's mainly Parrot-fu, not C-fu..
18:48 allison Coke: it's a tough choice for tcl, because targeting 0.8.2 (for example) would mean that it doesn't work with 0.8.1
18:48 Coke allison: yes. I'm probably going to roll partcl trunk back to working with 0.8.1 and hope for 0.8.3
18:49 allison the branch idea seemed a good start, creating a branch for the 0.8.2 release
18:49 Coke or perhaps make trunk try to work with parrot svn head, and have a 'stable' branch that works with the last declared version.
18:49 Coke (stable branch /in partcl/)
18:49 pmichaud stable++
18:49 allison expecting any version of the tcl code to pass all tests in both 0.8.1 and 0.8.2 just isn't going to happen
18:49 Coke right.
18:49 allison and probably won't happen anytime in the next year or two
18:50 Coke which won't happen?
18:50 allison (though the changes will certainly slow down)
18:50 Coke oh, being able to target 2 consecutive releases? Yah.
18:50 Coke I would just like it to be the most recent one.
18:50 particle a better name for 'stable' might be 'parrot-0.8.1'
18:50 allison I mean, the ability to guarantee that some body of code running on parrot will work without changes in two consecutive releases
18:50 allison yes
18:50 particle create maintenance branches for each parrot release
18:51 Coke particle: do you know how much work that is?
18:51 allison yeah, that's not worth it
18:51 Coke I'm having enough trouble /treading water/
18:51 particle you don't need to continue to support old versions
18:51 allison 'stable' and 'unstable' (or 'developing') work
18:51 particle it's just a better name than 'stable', which doesn't tell you what's considered stable
18:51 Coke that's what the wiki is for.
18:52 allison particle: true, but then users don't need to understand the guts
18:52 Coke http://code.google.com/p/partcl/wiki/PartclSource will document what to do.
18:52 allison particle: they just need enough info to know "I want the stable version, because it's less likely to have problems"
18:52 Coke I'll just split it up into 2 sections: developers and users.
18:52 allison ah, very nice
18:53 Coke q1q
18:53 allison ultimately, I'd figure "users" would be on 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, etc, while developers will be on the monthlies
18:53 allison EOQ
18:54 chromatic cotto?
18:54 cotto What's the plan for dealing with Trac spam (both preventative and cleanup)?
18:54 allison cotto: are we getting it already?
18:54 cotto yes
18:54 allison I can turn off anonymous access, that'll help
18:54 jonathan But what about people who want to report bugs?
18:54 jonathan Will that not hinder them?
18:54 pmichaud "let 'em register"
18:54 allison it takes 2 seconds to create an account
18:55 jonathan OK, if registration is easy, that's fine.
18:55 jonathan I haven't tried it yet, so I don't know. :-)
18:55 pmichaud that's what I've seen for most bug trackers i've worked with -- required registration (but something that isn't onerous)
18:55 particle i'm working with osuosl to get trac upgraded, and some plugins/scripts installed
18:56 cotto Could Parrot devs get admin privileges so we can delete spam tickets instead of marking them invalid?
18:56 particle 1) allow ticket updates from email, 2) reduce/manage ticket spam
18:56 pmichaud queue 1 question
18:56 Infinoid (ticket updates from email)++
18:56 cotto +1
18:56 chromatic Coke?
18:57 * Tene is here
18:57 allison cotto: certainly, just send me user names and I'll add you to the group
18:58 chromatic Coke question going twice....
18:58 Coke er.
18:58 Coke 2 parter.
18:59 Coke 1) can everyone with a bug queue in RT please find a ticket to close today? there are some low hanging fruit still in there; you can probably reject a ticket, especially if you're allison.
18:59 Coke 2) can developers please stop creating RTs? I'm looking at you, fperrad.
18:59 allison Coke: ok :)
18:59 Coke eq
18:59 chromatic Tene?
18:59 Tene Lots of exceptions work.
18:59 Tene Exception handlers in PCT
18:59 Tene Exception handlers in Rakudo
19:00 Tene nonfatal exceptions automatically resume
19:00 Tene given/when is much nicer
19:00 Tene Probably something else?  Maybe.
19:00 Tene KTHXBAI
19:00 cotto exceptional work
19:00 chromatic Infinoid?
19:00 Infinoid I see a mention of configuring with --optimize in PLATFORMS, suggesting it works on x86, but I wonder how often that's tested.
19:00 Infinoid Do we expect Configure.pl --optimize to work anywhere else?  (If not, is that documented anywhere?)
19:00 Infinoid I'm asking because we've had a few tickets crop up due to --optimize causing segfaults on x86-64.
19:01 chromatic I build and test with it on x86-32 Linux.
19:01 Infinoid I can reproduce crashes with it on 64 bit ubuntu but not 64-bit gentoo
19:01 Infinoid in a followup to one of those tickets (61242), NWCLARK suggested we put in assert()s to enforce the NONNULL flag.  that sounds like a very non-arch-specific problem to me.
19:01 Infinoid think its worth tweaking headerizer to do something like that?
19:02 chromatic Yes.
19:03 Infinoid ok, thanks.  in the meantime, it might be worth documenting that it's problematic on some platforms.  EOQ
19:03 chromatic kj?
19:03 kj hi yes
19:03 kj I have 4 short questions
19:03 kj 1)
19:04 kj box opcode:
19:04 kj does it respect .HLL_map, (I think not), and if not, should it?
19:04 chromatic It does.
19:04 kj iow: would it make sense
19:04 kj oh ok.
19:04 kj 2:
19:04 chromatic I can tell you exactly where I was when I wrote that part :)
19:04 kj ha ha ha
19:04 pmichaud that's the whole purpose of 'box'
19:05 kj oh ok I just figured it was a shortcut, but makes sense then.
19:05 kj 2:
19:05 kj :-)
19:05 kj 2: string index sugar
19:05 kj eh, so $S0[1], it now maps to the substr op
19:05 kj and in pdd19 it says it "should" be deprecated. Just want to do a last-minute check
19:05 kj before I rip it out (after release)
19:06 kj it's not in DEPRECATED.pod
19:06 allison kj: then add it to DEPRECATED.pod now
19:06 kj ISTR it was decided earlier it should be removed, but just want to make sure.
19:06 chromatic +1
19:06 kj ok. will do.
19:06 kj 3:
19:06 allison (if you get it in before the release, then you can rip it out right after)
19:07 kj what *is* in DEPRECATED, is [a..b] syntax
19:07 kj so, slices. it's deprecated in favor of slice op.
19:07 kj is slice op working correctly? I remember it says *somewhere* that its implementation is experimental/wonky
19:08 chromatic I know that IMCC has some weird comments about slicing, but I think that's just IMCC.
19:08 kj any ideas? Thing is, I've tried to run make test after remvoing it, but there's also several test files.
19:08 kj yes, I wasn't planning on cleaning up all the slicing code. Just the grammar
19:08 kj I don't dare to touch the other stuff.
19:09 Tene 1 item for pmichaud
19:09 allison kj: as far as I know, 'slice' is still experimental/buggy
19:09 pmichaud I think if Parrot is to support slices natively (e.g., via a slice opcode), then we should do it after we have better use cases and not a-priori as it exists now.
19:09 allison kj: and that's one I'd be happy to move over to a method instead of an op
19:09 pmichaud i.e., I'm in favor of ripping out that op and syntax.
19:10 allison yeah, it's very dependent in the implementation of the particular PMC
19:10 allison s/in/on/
19:10 chromatic and it makes Key even uglier
19:10 kj so, basically we remove /all/ slicing implementations, both imcc grammar and slice op?
19:10 pmichaud +1
19:10 allison kj: yup
19:11 pmichaud also, note that rakudo is doing slicing just fine via methods at the moment
19:11 kj oki. so I should put in a deprecation for slice op as well?
19:11 kj eh, in DEPRECATED
19:12 allison kj: do it
19:12 pmichaud +1
19:12 kj okido.
19:12 kj Q4:
19:12 kj on the roadmap it says something like *pdd19_pir, user docs.
19:13 kj Whiteknight is doing a good job on his book
19:13 kj iow, I hate duplication.
19:14 allison yes, the book can be considered user-documentation for the project
19:14 chromatic +1
19:14 Whiteknight thanks!
19:14 allison (as long as it's under a license we can use, etc)
19:15 kj so, basically, that task has been half finished. only pdd19 item stays
19:15 allison kj: which is a quick review for how well it matches reality
19:16 kj yes. it shouldn't take too long
19:16 particle q1q
19:16 kj I think that wraps it up for me. Thanks!
19:16 chromatic particle?
19:17 particle the roadmap is not up to date.
19:17 particle at least, we don't have 'landed', 'missed', 'dropped' on all items
19:17 particle https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/wiki/ParrotRoadmap
19:18 particle Whiteknight: how long until you start the release?
19:18 particle in the meantime, will any of these get done?
19:18 Whiteknight 5 hours, rough estimae
19:18 Whiteknight estimate*
19:18 Whiteknight will probably happen after dinner, EST
19:18 Coke (parrotroadmap) the entire wiki page should be replaced by real tickets.
19:19 Coke at which point the status listed on that page won't matter so much.
19:19 pmichaud (real tickets)++
19:19 particle coke: agreed, but that's for another day
19:19 chromatic I like having the entire view in one page, but I like tickets too.
19:19 Coke which will hopefully be here in the nesxt few days.
19:19 allison Coke: not replaced, just add links
19:19 pmichaud we can at least make tickets for the next release.
19:19 Coke chromatic: with trac's actual roadmap you get both.
19:19 Coke allison: yes, replaced.
19:19 Coke see:
19:19 chromatic Both++
19:19 Coke https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/roadmap
19:20 pmichaud trac will create a roadmap from tickets.
19:20 Coke (that's automatically generated based on tickets that have milestones set.)
19:20 particle but says nothing about their status
19:20 Tene opcode review could potentially take less than five hours, if someone's available to do it.
19:20 allison Coke: yes, but there's still no way to easily see the overview list
19:20 chromatic I can help, but I have a lot of work to do in the next couple of hours.
19:20 allison Coke: or to see, at a glance, all the features that are ahead
19:21 chromatic I'll work on the numbers PDD instead though.
19:21 chromatic That's very low risk.
19:21 pmichaud tickets by milestone:  https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/report/3
19:21 particle seems numbers and opcode review will affect the repo/tarball
19:21 pmichaud (that's the overview list)
19:21 Tene pct exception loops would be approximately five hours, but significant change right before release is potentially dangerous.
19:21 Tene Also, I'm at $realjob
19:21 pmichaud exception loops moves to jan release.
19:22 pmichaud (but will occur much sooner than that.)
19:22 allison pmichaud: okay, that's tolerable, if we maintain it
19:22 Tene Speaking of "moved to january release", when will you update TT #25, pmichaud?
19:23 Coke we have to maintain something. might as well just be one thing.
19:23 allison we'll need to add a status that says "this is one of the critical tasks for this milestone"
19:23 Coke priority: release
19:23 Coke we have blocker.
19:24 pmichaud the tickets already have a "critical" flag on them -- we just need to edit the report to add that into the output.
19:24 Coke That's probably sufficient.
19:24 pmichaud (and color indicates "priority" or something like that.)
19:25 Coke pmichaud: added priority column to the report.
19:25 allison I added a 'release' severity, so we can have a "critical release" ticket
19:25 Coke and it'll show on the report. whee.
19:26 Coke alright. chromatic has to leave soon. I have lost trac of whose question we're on.
19:26 Coke (I know who'se next, though.)
19:26 pmichaud Tene: I've moved TT #25 to the jan release.
19:26 Tene pmichaud: I know.  I'm just wondering when you'll update it with prerequisites.
19:27 pmichaud probably tomorrow, at the current rate I'm going.
19:28 pmichaud there aren't many prereqs in PCT itself.
19:28 pmichaud it's also related to getting the .include specifications to work.
19:28 Tene Which is no longer a blocker.
19:29 Tene ... Oh, I should add CONTROL blocks to rakudo before the release.
19:29 pmichaud no, I mean that whatever handles the HLL stuff will also handle .include specificatoins
19:29 pmichaud the fact that PAST::Control doesn't need those is ancillary
19:29 Tene Right.
19:29 pmichaud Tene: don't add CONTROL blocks until we have an answer back from p6l about how they work.
19:30 Tene Okay.
19:30 Coke parrot roadmap: particle, you all set?
19:30 particle i'm not happy that we're missing so many items this month
19:30 particle but i can't do anything about it atm, and don't think we should hold the release
19:30 Coke You guys set a very aggressive schedule at the conference, it seems.
19:31 Coke no, we definitely should not hold the relase.
19:31 particle yes, and we're already slipping.
19:31 pmichaud it has to be aggressive to make March.
19:31 Coke I'm still wondering why March. =-)
19:31 pmichaud the opcode review doesn't have to be done in any particular month, it's not critical or a blocker for any task.  That one doesn't bother me.
19:31 particle it has to be sometime.
19:31 Coke so, next month might be 0.8.3 unless we make up some ground.
19:31 particle pmichaud: agreed, opcode review can happen anytime, *except* it has ramifications wrt deprecations
19:32 pmichaud loop+exceptions is important to HLLs but also not a blocker.
19:32 Tene I didn't have much scheduled for this coming month, so my work on the bumped items won't be taking away from other items scheduled for Jan.
19:32 allison it might help if we broke the opcode review into smaller steps
19:32 kj particle: 'so many  items': I see 2 'missed'
19:32 chromatic calling_conventions is the only one that bothers me.
19:32 allison like, reviewing the 'experimental' opcodes, cleaning up the ones that aren't in ops.num anyway
19:32 particle kj: and 2 'on track' that will be 'missed'
19:32 pmichaud calling conventions is the one I'm concerned about as well.
19:33 particle kj: and one that's already been moved to jan
19:33 allison we only put it in this month because it was pretty much done
19:33 pmichaud same for pct honors hll, fwiw.
19:33 particle pmichaud: we could use your help with calling_conventions branch, seems the failures are context related
19:33 particle nobody else understands that well enough to have spotted the bugs yet
19:33 pmichaud particle: I need test cases that fail.  Other than that I can't really help much.
19:33 pmichaud they don't fail on my boxes.
19:33 allison particle: it's also possible that it's just a bad merge
19:34 particle i have them, and we have crossloop
19:34 pmichaud then we need a time to look at them.
19:34 particle pmichaud: you should get failures on windows
19:34 particle ok, i'm here all week
19:34 particle ok, next week's meeting?
19:34 allison I have a clean diff of the changes in calling_conventions, that we can apply to a fresh branch
19:34 particle cancelled, i suppose.
19:35 pmichaud I'll be here next week.
19:35 Coke I would recommend we skip.
19:35 particle ok, i won't. i forgot, it's only tuesday, not wednesday
19:35 Coke but if folks are here and wish to chat, by all means. =-)
19:35 particle allison: let's do that asap, so i can test
19:35 Coke we still have 2 questions.
19:35 pmichaud (also, when I made the schedule for dec release, I _wasn't_ expecting that lexicals would take me yet another full-time week to complete, which is why I'm about a week behind on other tasks.)
19:36 allison particle: okay, creating now
19:36 Whiteknight help on that branch would be hugely appreciated, because there is a lot more calling-conventions work that we would like to tackle next
19:36 Whiteknight not to mention the GC work that I want to participate in
19:37 Coke alright. We've done as good as we're going to for this release modulo some last minute fixups, I think.
19:37 particle i *may* get the strawberry -0 bugs fixed
19:37 Coke pmichaud; you still have a pending q?
19:38 pmichaud who has admin privileges to parrot-tickets mailing list?  That person can disable submissions to that list very quickly.  Or if I get the password I can do it.
19:39 allison pmichaud: sure, and I'm happy for any other moderator volunteers too
19:39 allison (on any of the lists)
19:39 Coke let's disable it for now and re-enable it when our hosts get trac2email working.
19:39 pmichaud +1
19:39 Coke (or just just before they do.)
19:40 Coke ok. That leaves Tene, I think.
19:40 Tene What about me?
19:40 Tene Oh, already asked.
19:41 pmichaud (I think his question was about my updating TT #25)
19:41 Coke k.
19:41 Coke We have someone to push this last release to cpan?
19:42 chromatic In theory, that's Whiteknight.
19:42 Coke and Whiteknight, any last minute blocks, I'm sure someone on #parrot or the list can help.
19:42 chromatic In practice, is it you, Whiteknight?
19:42 Coke chromatic: you're gone, aren't you? =-)
19:42 chromatic No, our conference system is full so I can't get to the meeting and had to reschedule it for tomorrow, when I only had two or three existing meetings.
19:42 Coke ok. I thought I recalled a snafu there. Going forward (after this release), we'll cut releases via parrot.org
19:43 Coke Anyone else?
19:43 allison chromatic: no, Whiteknight can't do the CPAN upload, needs someone else to do it for him
19:43 particle including this release, we'll go to parrot.org
19:43 chromatic CPAN uploads are easy.  I can do it if necessary.
19:43 Coke particle: yup, thanks for clarifying.
19:43 Coke chromatic: danke.
19:43 Coke Anyone else?
19:43 Coke Bueller?
19:43 Coke Bueller?
19:43 Coke Bueller?
19:44 Coke Alright. Catch as catch can for a meeting next week; definitely see everyone in 2.
19:44 Coke *gong*
19:44 chromatic left #parrotsketch
19:44 pmichaud left #parrotsketch
19:44 allison thanks c and c
19:44 allison left #parrotsketch
19:45 moritz left #parrotsketch
19:46 Coke left #parrotsketch
19:46 kj left #parrotsketch
19:48 cotto left #parrotsketch
19:49 Infinoid left #parrotsketch
20:14 mberends left #parrotsketch
20:29 jhorwitz left #parrotsketch
20:48 jonathan left #parrotsketch
22:24 Whiteknight joined #parrotsketch

| Channels | #parrotsketch index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary