Perl 6 - the future is here, just unevenly distributed

IRC log for #parrotsketch, 2010-01-12

| Channels | #parrotsketch index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
00:47 davidfetter joined #parrotsketch
00:49 davidfetter left #parrotsketch
02:52 japhb joined #parrotsketch
11:55 bluescreen joined #parrotsketch
12:10 bluescreen joined #parrotsketch
13:00 bluescreen joined #parrotsketch
13:11 kid51 joined #parrotsketch
13:19 kid51 kid51's report
13:19 kid51 * Mostly preoccupied with family matters in recent weeks.
13:19 kid51 * Merged remove_Parrot_ex_calc_handler_offset branch into trunk.
13:19 kid51 * Fixed some tests in 'make manifest_tests' after recent work on source files by fperrad
13:19 kid51 ISSUES
13:19 kid51 * TT #1393 remains unresolved, causing as yet unexplained failures in t/library/test_more.t on our most vanilla OS with most vanilla compiler options (none).
13:19 kid51 * Has gotten some attention from bacek and lithos, but needs more.
13:19 kid51 * If this persists thru next Tuesday's release, I will be unable to promote Parrot 2.0 at $job, at Perl Seminar NY or in other local OS groups.
13:19 kid51 EOR
13:19 kid51 left #parrotsketch
14:53 NotFound joined #parrotsketch
14:57 NotFound Report for last month:
14:57 NotFound Busy and disconnected becasuse of familiy problems.
14:57 NotFound - Winxed
14:58 NotFound * Minor fixes and improvements in stage 0.
14:58 NotFound * Implement and fix several things in stage 1.
14:58 NotFound What I will do:
14:58 NotFound Still busy and disconnected most of the week.
14:58 NotFound EOR
15:28 NotFound left #parrotsketch
16:31 mikehh joined #parrotsketch
17:24 smash joined #parrotsketch
18:25 aninhumer joined #parrotsketch
18:26 Util Extra $WORK this week. All Parrot work delayed 1 week. Cannot attend meeting today.
18:26 davidfetter joined #parrotsketch
18:29 mikehh What I did since my last report:
18:29 mikehh * building and testing parrot on amd64/i386, with gcc/g++, with and without --optimize
18:29 mikehh * some branch testing
18:29 mikehh * some fixes
18:29 mikehh What I intend to do in the next week:
18:29 mikehh * testing and fixing
18:29 mikehh * investigate gc some more
18:29 mikehh .eor
18:29 bubaflub joined #parrotsketch
18:30 chromatic joined #parrotsketch
18:31 chromatic I am: fixing TT #389 (don't store :methods in the namespace).
18:31 chromatic I am: blocking a bit on PGE/TGE fixes.
18:31 chromatic The branch most likely will land just after 2.0.
18:32 chromatic Hello!
18:32 mikehh hi there
18:33 there hi mikehh
18:33 chromatic Let's review last week.
18:33 mikehh :-}
18:33 chromatic We had a few commits.
18:34 chromatic How are the HLLs doing?
18:34 mikehh only a couple of fixes for me
18:35 chromatic Did anyone talk to Cardinal or Pynie or Rakudo or Partcl people?
18:36 chromatic I'll take that as a no.  Do we have a volunteer to do so?
18:37 chromatic Hm, I'll take that as a no too.  Guess that means it's my job.
18:38 chromatic Do we have other priorities for this week besides deprecations, bug fixes, and documentation fixes?
18:39 mikehh what about the pmc_freeze_fixup branch - it seems ok to me
18:40 mikehh cleanup, sorry
18:40 chromatic If we can merge that in the next day or two, I'd like to see it in 2.0.
18:40 chromatic I thought there were some questions about one of the thread tests though.
18:41 mikehh maybe - I'll do a couple more test runs
18:41 chromatic If things look clean on all the platforms you can get access to, go ahead with the merge.
18:43 chromatic Are there any questions?
18:45 smash who's doing the release next Tuesday ?
18:46 cotto_work seems to be chromatic
18:46 chromatic Yes.
18:46 mikehh I should have a reasonable amount of time for parrot this week, anything specific I should concentrate on?
18:47 chromatic Bugfixes.
18:47 chromatic Whatever we can squash (or diagnose) before 2.0, with the appropriate risk management, is fair game.
18:47 chromatic That's my plan anyhow.
18:48 mikehh 'k
18:48 chromatic Other questions?
18:49 aninhumer This isn't my meeting but: <Coke> but yes, having an easier way for folks to contribute docs would be a good thing. <Coke> someone please mention that at parrotsketch today.
18:49 chromatic Oh yes, thanks.
18:50 chromatic aninhumer suggested mentioning dukeleto's GH Parrot mirror as an easy place to apply doc changes and get them back into Parrot.
18:50 chromatic Thoughts?
18:50 chromatic (It does require someone monitoring pull requests there, but it doesn't require any extra infrastructure for setup; it can work immediately.)
18:51 mikehh Coke applied a couple
18:51 cotto_work +1
18:52 mikehh but do we need any tickets or just apply them?
18:52 chromatic It's two things.
18:52 chromatic 1) Apply them
18:52 chromatic 2) Add a sentence to the appropriate web site pointing people there for trivial changes.
18:57 chromatic Anything else to discuss?
18:58 mikehh how about a way to encourage attendance at this meeting?
18:59 chromatic No kidding!
18:59 mikehh is the timew right?
19:00 mikehh or is it just the time of year
19:04 cotto_work It may be that people don't want to mess up the 2.0 release
19:04 cotto_work and the time of year
19:05 cotto_work I'm sure Parrot activity will pick up after 2.0 is released.
19:06 bubaflub the combination of a new semester and holidays has slowed me down a bunch
19:06 bubaflub could be other students out there feelin' the crunch as well
19:08 chromatic Let's wrap this up.  Are there any last comments or questions?
19:10 chromatic Okay, time to fix bugs.  Thanks everyone.
19:10 PacoLinux left #parrotsketch
19:14 aninhumer left #parrotsketch
19:40 bubaflub left #parrotsketch
20:26 bluescreen joined #parrotsketch
22:11 dduncan joined #parrotsketch
23:11 davidfetter left #parrotsketch

| Channels | #parrotsketch index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary