Perl 6 - the future is here, just unevenly distributed

IRC log for #parrotsketch, 2011-11-01

| Channels | #parrotsketch index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
09:29 lucian joined #parrotsketch
13:53 lucian joined #parrotsketch
13:55 bluescreen joined #parrotsketch
18:13 NotFound joined #parrotsketch
18:20 contingencyplan joined #parrotsketch
19:20 NotFound What I did:
19:20 NotFound -parrot
19:20 NotFound * Some fixes for issue 182
19:20 NotFound -winxed
19:20 NotFound * Reorganized and improved several groups of tests
19:20 NotFound * Fix a problem with volatile, add test for it
19:20 NotFound * Fixed compile time evaluation of indexof with mixed types
19:20 NotFound * More improvements in winxedxx
19:20 NotFound What I will do:
19:20 NotFound No plan
19:20 NotFound EOR
19:20 atrodo joined #parrotsketch
19:26 alvis I am at the right place, n'est pas?
19:29 Util Yes
19:29 Util 1 minute to go...
19:29 alvis Util: Thanks
19:30 Util My report: Nil; $WORK still draining tuits. will try to look at GCI tasks.
19:30 Util .end
19:31 NotFound Hola
19:31 Util Hello
19:31 alvis Hey
19:31 dukeleto joined #parrotsketch
19:31 * dukeleto waves
19:32 whiteknight joined #parrotsketch
19:32 whiteknight hello
19:33 cotto hello\
19:34 cotto How did things go this week?
19:35 whiteknight meh. We merged green_threads, but it caused a few problems
19:35 benabik joined #parrotsketch
19:37 alvis Just trying to get my head around the doc project. I'll have something up on github by the end of the week.
19:37 whiteknight awesome!
19:38 alvis whiteknight: Btw & fwiw, I really appreciate your blog posts. They've been a huge help.
19:39 whiteknight great, I'm glad about it
19:40 cotto sorry, distracted for the next few minutes
19:41 whiteknight okay, if few people are here, and those here are distracted, let's call the meeting
19:42 cotto back
19:43 cotto co-worker needed clarification on something
19:44 alvis cotto: It's clear you're swamped, but is there any way you can do a weekly blog post (or something) about Parrot's direction, yada, yada.
19:45 alvis I apologize if my question is out of order.
19:45 cotto alvis: not at all.
19:45 * dukeleto is bad about blogging
19:47 cotto alvis: I'll rejigger my priorities and try to at the very least not be a black hole.
19:47 cotto i.e. blog about M0 and my hope for the docs project
19:48 alvis cotto: Well, like I said, it's clear you're swamped, but that'd be great.
19:48 dukeleto alvis: we are good about answering specific questions
19:48 alvis dukeleto: yes, everyone really is.
19:48 dukeleto alvis: everybody is a volunteer and does what they can when they can, with no apologies needed
19:49 alvis dukeleto: Understood
19:49 dukeleto alvis: and remember, it is better to act and ask for forgiveness, than waiting and asking permission
19:49 cotto +1
19:50 alvis Ha! Ok <shakes head>
19:55 alvis Should I create a new doc branch? Do I need a commit bit? (Something else I don't know/understand about?)
19:56 cotto has someone received alvis' cla?
19:57 alvis cotto: I faxed it, to the number provided, last week.
19:59 cotto alvis: I'm going to to trust you on that.  You have a commit bit.
19:59 cotto any objections?
19:59 alvis cotto: Ok, but I'm happy to resend it.  NBD.
20:00 cotto If it's not clear, I nominate alvis for a commit bit.
20:00 benabik +1
20:01 NotFound +1
20:01 Util +1
20:01 cotto alvis: there you go.  Don't break the build, make things more awesome.
20:02 dukeleto +1 on a bit for alvis
20:02 alvis cotto: Ok && will do.
20:02 dukeleto alvis: you now should have read-write access to all code repositories in the parrot organization on github
20:03 dukeleto alvis: https://github.com/organizations/parrot
20:04 lucian joined #parrotsketch
20:04 alvis dukeleto: Ok then.
20:05 alvis Thank you.
20:07 cotto Is there anything else before we call it a wrap?
20:07 alvis One last question: Are there any objections to me putting on a presentation at the local university?
20:08 alvis I was thinking of tweaking and then using Allison's slides (though I'll have to get better up to speed first).
20:09 cotto alvis: That's a great idea.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd be glad to give you feedback if you post your slides in #parrot.
20:10 alvis cotto: Ok, sounds good.  It'll be a'bit before I can get to it, but I might be able to bring some of these young'uns, down here, around. :)
20:11 benabik Good slides/brocures for parrot would be excellent documentation.  :-D
20:11 alvis benabik++
20:12 benabik alvis: It's come up _repeatedly_.
20:12 alvis benabik: Ahh ..., Ok.
20:13 benabik The conversation generally goes "I'd love to do a presentation on Parrot, but what do I say?  Does anybody have slides?"
20:13 benabik Then a lot of "slides are a great idea!"  :-D
20:14 alvis benabik: I'll make 'em; post 'em for everyone to see; and, then, humbly receive corrections. :)
20:16 dukeleto alvis: https://twitter.com/#!/parrot​vm/status/131463926075490305
20:17 alvis dukeleto: :-D
21:07 benabik left #parrotsketch
21:18 NotFound left #parrotsketch

| Channels | #parrotsketch index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary