Perl 6 - the future is here, just unevenly distributed

IRC log for #parrotsketch, 2013-06-25

| Channels | #parrotsketch index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
00:12 ilbot2 joined #parrotsketch
00:12 Topic for #parrotsketch is now Post closed tickets in your report. | Note: This channel is for our weekly status meetings (Tuesdays at 19:30 UTC); you probably want #parrot instead. | irclog: http://irclog.perlgeek.de/
00:29 ilbot2 joined #parrotsketch
00:29 Topic for #parrotsketch is now Post closed tickets in your report. | Note: This channel is for our weekly status meetings (Tuesdays at 19:30 UTC); you probably want #parrot instead. | irclog: http://irclog.perlgeek.de/
00:52 ilbot2 joined #parrotsketch
00:52 Topic for #parrotsketch is now Post closed tickets in your report. | Note: This channel is for our weekly status meetings (Tuesdays at 19:30 UTC); you probably want #parrot instead. | irclog: http://irclog.perlgeek.de/
01:21 ilbot2 joined #parrotsketch
01:21 Topic for #parrotsketch is now Post closed tickets in your report. | Note: This channel is for our weekly status meetings (Tuesdays at 19:30 UTC); you probably want #parrot instead. | irclog: http://irclog.perlgeek.de/
01:42 ilbot2 joined #parrotsketch
01:42 Topic for #parrotsketch is now Post closed tickets in your report. | Note: This channel is for our weekly status meetings (Tuesdays at 19:30 UTC); you probably want #parrot instead. | irclog: http://irclog.perlgeek.de/
01:55 ilbot2 joined #parrotsketch
01:55 Topic for #parrotsketch is now Post closed tickets in your report. | Note: This channel is for our weekly status meetings (Tuesdays at 19:30 UTC); you probably want #parrot instead. | irclog: http://irclog.perlgeek.de/
02:09 ilbot2 joined #parrotsketch
02:09 Topic for #parrotsketch is now Post closed tickets in your report. | Note: This channel is for our weekly status meetings (Tuesdays at 19:30 UTC); you probably want #parrot instead. | irclog: http://irclog.perlgeek.de/
02:17 ilbot2 joined #parrotsketch
02:17 Topic for #parrotsketch is now Post closed tickets in your report. | Note: This channel is for our weekly status meetings (Tuesdays at 19:30 UTC); you probably want #parrot instead. | irclog: http://irclog.perlgeek.de/
02:30 ilbot2 joined #parrotsketch
02:30 Topic for #parrotsketch is now Post closed tickets in your report. | Note: This channel is for our weekly status meetings (Tuesdays at 19:30 UTC); you probably want #parrot instead. | irclog: http://irclog.perlgeek.de/
02:34 ilbot2 joined #parrotsketch
02:34 Topic for #parrotsketch is now Post closed tickets in your report. | Note: This channel is for our weekly status meetings (Tuesdays at 19:30 UTC); you probably want #parrot instead. | irclog: http://irclog.perlgeek.de/
03:05 ilbot2 joined #parrotsketch
03:05 Topic for #parrotsketch is now Post closed tickets in your report. | Note: This channel is for our weekly status meetings (Tuesdays at 19:30 UTC); you probably want #parrot instead. | irclog: http://irclog.perlgeek.de/
03:21 ilbot2 joined #parrotsketch
03:21 Topic for #parrotsketch is now Post closed tickets in your report. | Note: This channel is for our weekly status meetings (Tuesdays at 19:30 UTC); you probably want #parrot instead. | irclog: http://irclog.perlgeek.de/
03:44 ilbot2 joined #parrotsketch
03:44 Topic for #parrotsketch is now Post closed tickets in your report. | Note: This channel is for our weekly status meetings (Tuesdays at 19:30 UTC); you probably want #parrot instead. | irclog: http://irclog.perlgeek.de/
03:51 ilbot2 joined #parrotsketch
03:51 Topic for #parrotsketch is now Post closed tickets in your report. | Note: This channel is for our weekly status meetings (Tuesdays at 19:30 UTC); you probably want #parrot instead. | irclog: http://irclog.perlgeek.de/
04:00 ilbot2 joined #parrotsketch
04:00 Topic for #parrotsketch is now Post closed tickets in your report. | Note: This channel is for our weekly status meetings (Tuesdays at 19:30 UTC); you probably want #parrot instead. | irclog: http://irclog.perlgeek.de/
04:08 ilbot2 joined #parrotsketch
04:08 Topic for #parrotsketch is now Post closed tickets in your report. | Note: This channel is for our weekly status meetings (Tuesdays at 19:30 UTC); you probably want #parrot instead. | irclog: http://irclog.perlgeek.de/
04:25 ilbot2 joined #parrotsketch
04:25 Topic for #parrotsketch is now Post closed tickets in your report. | Note: This channel is for our weekly status meetings (Tuesdays at 19:30 UTC); you probably want #parrot instead. | irclog: http://irclog.perlgeek.de/
04:31 ilbot2 joined #parrotsketch
04:31 Topic for #parrotsketch is now Post closed tickets in your report. | Note: This channel is for our weekly status meetings (Tuesdays at 19:30 UTC); you probably want #parrot instead. | irclog: http://irclog.perlgeek.de/
04:44 ilbot2 joined #parrotsketch
04:44 Topic for #parrotsketch is now Post closed tickets in your report. | Note: This channel is for our weekly status meetings (Tuesdays at 19:30 UTC); you probably want #parrot instead. | irclog: http://irclog.perlgeek.de/
04:46 ilbot2 joined #parrotsketch
04:46 Topic for #parrotsketch is now Post closed tickets in your report. | Note: This channel is for our weekly status meetings (Tuesdays at 19:30 UTC); you probably want #parrot instead. | irclog: http://irclog.perlgeek.de/
05:01 ilbot2 joined #parrotsketch
05:01 Topic for #parrotsketch is now Post closed tickets in your report. | Note: This channel is for our weekly status meetings (Tuesdays at 19:30 UTC); you probably want #parrot instead. | irclog: http://irclog.perlgeek.de/
05:03 ilbot2 joined #parrotsketch
05:03 Topic for #parrotsketch is now Post closed tickets in your report. | Note: This channel is for our weekly status meetings (Tuesdays at 19:30 UTC); you probably want #parrot instead. | irclog: http://irclog.perlgeek.de/
05:15 ilbot2 joined #parrotsketch
05:15 Topic for #parrotsketch is now Post closed tickets in your report. | Note: This channel is for our weekly status meetings (Tuesdays at 19:30 UTC); you probably want #parrot instead. | irclog: http://irclog.perlgeek.de/
05:33 ilbot2 joined #parrotsketch
05:33 Topic for #parrotsketch is now Post closed tickets in your report. | Note: This channel is for our weekly status meetings (Tuesdays at 19:30 UTC); you probably want #parrot instead. | irclog: http://irclog.perlgeek.de/
05:57 ilbot2 joined #parrotsketch
05:57 Topic for #parrotsketch is now Post closed tickets in your report. | Note: This channel is for our weekly status meetings (Tuesdays at 19:30 UTC); you probably want #parrot instead. | irclog: http://irclog.perlgeek.de/
06:02 ilbot2 joined #parrotsketch
06:02 Topic for #parrotsketch is now Post closed tickets in your report. | Note: This channel is for our weekly status meetings (Tuesdays at 19:30 UTC); you probably want #parrot instead. | irclog: http://irclog.perlgeek.de/
06:11 ilbot2 joined #parrotsketch
06:11 Topic for #parrotsketch is now Post closed tickets in your report. | Note: This channel is for our weekly status meetings (Tuesdays at 19:30 UTC); you probably want #parrot instead. | irclog: http://irclog.perlgeek.de/
06:33 ilbot2 joined #parrotsketch
06:33 Topic for #parrotsketch is now Post closed tickets in your report. | Note: This channel is for our weekly status meetings (Tuesdays at 19:30 UTC); you probably want #parrot instead. | irclog: http://irclog.perlgeek.de/
06:55 ilbot2 joined #parrotsketch
06:55 Topic for #parrotsketch is now Post closed tickets in your report. | Note: This channel is for our weekly status meetings (Tuesdays at 19:30 UTC); you probably want #parrot instead. | irclog: http://irclog.perlgeek.de/
07:04 ilbot2 joined #parrotsketch
07:04 Topic for #parrotsketch is now Post closed tickets in your report. | Note: This channel is for our weekly status meetings (Tuesdays at 19:30 UTC); you probably want #parrot instead. | irclog: http://irclog.perlgeek.de/
07:06 ilbot2 joined #parrotsketch
07:06 Topic for #parrotsketch is now Post closed tickets in your report. | Note: This channel is for our weekly status meetings (Tuesdays at 19:30 UTC); you probably want #parrot instead. | irclog: http://irclog.perlgeek.de/
07:22 ilbot2 joined #parrotsketch
07:22 Topic for #parrotsketch is now Post closed tickets in your report. | Note: This channel is for our weekly status meetings (Tuesdays at 19:30 UTC); you probably want #parrot instead. | irclog: http://irclog.perlgeek.de/
08:09 ilbot2 joined #parrotsketch
08:09 Topic for #parrotsketch is now Post closed tickets in your report. | Note: This channel is for our weekly status meetings (Tuesdays at 19:30 UTC); you probably want #parrot instead. | irclog: http://irclog.perlgeek.de/
08:28 ilbot2 joined #parrotsketch
08:28 Topic for #parrotsketch is now Post closed tickets in your report. | Note: This channel is for our weekly status meetings (Tuesdays at 19:30 UTC); you probably want #parrot instead. | irclog: http://irclog.perlgeek.de/
08:32 ilbot2 joined #parrotsketch
08:32 Topic for #parrotsketch is now Post closed tickets in your report. | Note: This channel is for our weekly status meetings (Tuesdays at 19:30 UTC); you probably want #parrot instead. | irclog: http://irclog.perlgeek.de/
08:40 ilbot2 joined #parrotsketch
08:40 Topic for #parrotsketch is now Post closed tickets in your report. | Note: This channel is for our weekly status meetings (Tuesdays at 19:30 UTC); you probably want #parrot instead. | irclog: http://irclog.perlgeek.de/
08:44 ilbot2 joined #parrotsketch
08:44 Topic for #parrotsketch is now Post closed tickets in your report. | Note: This channel is for our weekly status meetings (Tuesdays at 19:30 UTC); you probably want #parrot instead. | irclog: http://irclog.perlgeek.de/
08:45 eternaleye joined #parrotsketch
09:03 ilbot2 joined #parrotsketch
09:03 Topic for #parrotsketch is now Post closed tickets in your report. | Note: This channel is for our weekly status meetings (Tuesdays at 19:30 UTC); you probably want #parrot instead. | irclog: http://irclog.perlgeek.de/
09:09 eternaleye joined #parrotsketch
09:33 eternaleye joined #parrotsketch
09:41 denisboyun_ joined #parrotsketch
11:17 eternaleye joined #parrotsketch
11:20 denisboyun joined #parrotsketch
12:58 denisboyun joined #parrotsketch
13:51 bluescreen joined #parrotsketch
14:35 darbelo joined #parrotsketch
16:10 contingencyplan joined #parrotsketch
18:31 PerlJam joined #parrotsketch
19:02 denisboyun joined #parrotsketch
19:27 denisboyun Util: Will we meet today?
19:28 Util denisboyun: Yes, in 3 m
19:29 Util Pre-report:
19:29 Util # Done:
19:29 Util * Released Parrot 5.5.0: Salvadori's Fig Parrot
19:29 Util = "threatened by habitat loss" (but not actually "endangered") - seemed appropriate :^)
19:29 Util = Also, it is almost Fig season here
19:29 Util = "No, there is another" quote
19:29 Util + Remember, Luke *did* fulfill his destiny!
19:29 Util * Helped sa1 with regex rewrite for GSoC.
19:29 Util # Doing:
19:29 Util * Working to restore my access to Coverity's scans of Parrot.
19:29 Util * $WORK has depleted tuits this week.
19:29 Util * GSoC admin work.
19:29 Util .end
19:31 Util Do any of the GSoC students have a report to give?
19:32 sa1 Util: hello!
19:32 Util sa1: Welcome!
19:32 masak joined #parrotsketch
19:33 sa1 I would consider the first week of my work done.
19:33 * sa1 https://gist.github.com/sa1/5468408
19:33 sa1 There is a new libgit2 release out, so nci defs need to be generated again.
19:33 denisboyun sa1: hi
19:33 sa1 denisboyun: hello!
19:34 sa1 but generating the defs won't be a problem.
19:34 sa1 There are still a few areas, where I'm not sure how things will work.
19:35 sa1 which resulted in my email to Bob(cc'd to Util)
19:36 sa1 This will be how to have nci defs for callbacks
19:36 sa1 and for enums and for varargs
19:37 * sa1 based on Bob's reply I will add some more things and push out a few more commits, and then I'll write a more formal report/blog post
19:38 sa1 I talked to dukeleto an hour ago. He asked to say hello!
19:38 Util sa1: Do you expect to get that report out today?
19:39 sa1 I will start writing the blog post early morning here. (in a few hours)
19:39 Util sa1: Great!
19:40 denisboyun sa1: Where you will start write you blog?
19:40 Util sa1: Do you have some early APIs that do not require callbacks|enums|varargs, so that you can keep moving forward even if you get temporarily blocked on Bob+ncidefs ?
19:41 sa1 denisboyun: I am not sure, haven't looked at it yet. It will be published in parrot.org, right? I will first email it and then look at how to get it in parrot.org
19:41 sa1 Util: there isn't anything blocking me from going ahead.
19:42 sa1 Most of the work that I will do in the coming weeks will be high level stuff and won't require those obscure apis.
19:42 Util denisboyun: blogs.perl.org will give you a free account, if you want to blog about GSoC besides the weekly report, and you don't already have a preferred blogging platform.
19:42 denisboyun Util: thanks
19:42 Util Our rules do state that the weekly report must be also on Parrot.org.
19:42 sa1 But I would like to confirm that most of the lower level api is correct.
19:43 Util Do you both have accounts on Parrot.org?
19:43 denisboyun Util: Yes
19:44 sa1 yes
19:44 Util Ah, yes, I see you both on there now.
19:46 Util I will email pmurias, in case he needs help.
19:47 Util denisboyun: How is your work going?
19:47 denisboyun Util: My work is good.
19:47 denisboyun Util: I've done a web-part of my project
19:48 denisboyun Util: And i've alomost finished the first step of back-end part
19:49 denisboyun Util: First step it's a work with project templates
19:50 denisboyun Util: I will do a all api for work with templates
19:50 Util denisboyun: I see an email from dukeleto to me 6 days ago, asking me to assist you. Sorry for the delay. Is there anything you still need help with?
19:50 denisboyun Util: in couple of few days
19:52 denisboyun Util: My problem isn't change
19:52 denisboyun Util: It's problem with different build and test systems
19:53 Util Would you like to have more discussion about it in #parrot after this meeting?
19:54 denisboyun Util: No, I will write you
19:54 denisboyun Util: when I need to help
19:54 Util denisboyun: OK, I will watch for your mail.
19:55 Util A reminder to you both (and pmurias):
19:55 denisboyun Util: Ahh one moment please
19:55 Util Please "pre-report" the contents of your weekly blog post *before* the
19:55 Util start of the #ps meeting, as you have seen me do in prior meetings,
19:55 Util by pasting it into the #parrotsketch channel.
19:55 Util denisboyun: go ahead, when you are ready.
19:55 denisboyun Util: about gnu compile farm. I can't confirm that
19:56 darbelo joined #parrotsketch
19:56 denisboyun Util: I've written and email but they aren't confirm my account
19:58 sa1 Util: ok, will do from next time. And I will keep a proper report done in org mode.
19:59 Util denisboyun: Give them a few more days. If they do not get you set up by Friday, then forward a copy of all your coorespondance to dukeleto and me, and we will try to get it straightened out.
19:59 denisboyun Util: ok
20:00 Util (for lurkers, that is:)  http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/CompileFarm
20:02 Util Any other business before adjourning? Any non-GSoC people lurking that wish to speak?
20:04 bluescreen joined #parrotsketch
20:04 Coke lurking protocol still engaged.
20:05 Util Coke: Very glad you are still around.
20:05 Util OK then, Meeting Adjourned, and Thanks to all participants!
20:06 masak left #parrotsketch
20:15 PerlJam left #parrotsketch
21:10 denisboyun joined #parrotsketch
23:22 quias joined #parrotsketch

| Channels | #parrotsketch index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary