Perl 6 - the future is here, just unevenly distributed

IRC log for #parrotsketch, 2013-07-09

| Channels | #parrotsketch index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
00:31 atrodo joined #parrotsketch
00:31 wagle joined #parrotsketch
00:31 lizmat_ joined #parrotsketch
00:33 schm00ster joined #parrotsketch
00:33 eternaleye joined #parrotsketch
00:33 cotto joined #parrotsketch
00:33 Util joined #parrotsketch
01:11 bluescreen_ joined #parrotsketch
01:36 eternaleye joined #parrotsketch
01:51 eternaleye joined #parrotsketch
14:09 bluescreen joined #parrotsketch
17:08 denisboyun joined #parrotsketch
18:53 denisboyun_ joined #parrotsketch
19:09 denisboyun_ Pre-report:
19:09 denisboyun_ # Done:
19:09 denisboyun_ * have merged web part and core part(may choose build and test system after that is generating different content)
19:09 denisboyun_ * to partial support a winxed build system\
19:09 denisboyun_ * supported a Perl 5 test system
19:09 denisboyun_ .end
19:21 sa1 * Pre-report
19:21 sa1 ** Completed several more datatype updates for classes other than Index or Repositories.
19:21 sa1 ** Very basic config parser
19:21 sa1 ** Remaining: tests, or working examples.
19:21 sa1 ** Need to discuss schedule/communication with dukeleto
19:22 sa1 Not in front of my dev-machine right now.
19:22 denisboyun_ sa1: Hi
19:22 denisboyun_ Util: HI
19:22 sa1 denisboyun_: hello
19:22 Util Pre-report:
19:23 Util # Done:
19:23 Util * Nothing completed, (still) due to $WORK increase.
19:23 Util * Tried to help with failure in LibGit2 Winxed linkage.
19:23 Util = Hung up by working on semi-case-insensitive filesystem, which confuses Rosella with rosella.
19:23 Util # Doing:
19:23 Util * Will try again with LibGit2 Winxed linkage failure.
19:23 Util * Out-of-town through Friday, with limited WiFi.
19:23 Util .end
19:23 Util Hello!
19:23 sa1 Util: Hello
19:23 sa1 Please do help. I am badly stuck with errors I can't understand.
19:24 Util sa1: Still the same problem from last Tuesday?
19:25 sa1 We were dicussing rosella last Tuesday
19:25 sa1 No, the email I sent 4 days ago
19:25 sa1 I waited a day for reply doing other datatype updates
19:27 sa1 Then I went home for two days, will return today(this timezone)
19:27 Util The last email I see from you was July 6th, subject "Re: Test Failures", starting "It needs to be reduced since git_refcache has only 2 members." Is there a more recent email?
19:27 sa1 No.
19:28 sa1 As I told you, changing the number of members does not help with errors.
19:28 sa1 I should have been more clear.
19:28 sa1 It needs to be two members only because the libgit2 sources have 2 members
19:29 Util sa1: OK. That StructView problem is what I am trying to reproduce here, to help you with it.
19:30 Util denisboyun_: What is your next item to work on? also, is anything blocking you from progressing?
19:30 Util (Actual #ps meeting time starts now)
19:34 Util denisboyun_ looks like he has dropped from the meeting.
19:35 sa1 Bad network probably
19:36 denisboyun joined #parrotsketch
19:39 Util sa1: How many hours until you are home?
19:40 denisboyun What is your next item to work on? also, is anything blocking you from progressing?
19:40 sa1 I am at home now. Will return to university(where my dev-machine is) in about 10 hours. whour journey
19:40 sa1 2 hour*
19:40 Util Which will be about Midnight here.
19:41 denisboyun Util: I'm working on support winxed build system for my project
19:41 Util denisboyun: Great! Any blockers?
19:42 denisboyun Util: Can I wrote perl test on winxed code?
19:42 denisboyun Util: Is it real?
19:42 sa1 denisboyun: yes, some tests in parrot-libgit2 are written in nqp-rx
19:43 sa1 So I suppose perl6 will work too
19:43 Util denisboyun: Please rephrase both questions. I am not clear on what you are asking.
19:43 sa1 Util: yeah, morning journey for me.
19:44 sa1 I can still answer any other questions now.
19:46 denisboyun sa1: thnks I will see it
19:47 Util sa1: Please create a branch to work on just this StructView problem, and commit into that branch all the code that you pasted for me last week.
19:47 sa1 okay
19:47 Util That way, we can both experiment (I will use a fork of that branch), while keeping current on exactly what code is being worked on.
19:48 Util We *will* fix this StructView problem.
19:48 sa1 Util: I will do that when I reach there.
19:49 Util I will look for an IRC message from you in the morning (localtime here), to see the name of the branch. Then, I will work on it more.
19:49 Util denisboyun: Is there anything else we can help with?
19:50 sa1 okay
19:51 denisboyun Util: No. if i have a question i will write you
19:51 Util denisboyun: OK, thanks.
19:51 Util Any non-GSoC business from anyone lurking?
19:52 Util Reminder to GSoC students: make parrot.org blog posts and parrot-dev mailing list posts from your reports, as dukeleto has specified.
19:55 Util OK then, Meeting Adjourned, and Thanks to all participants!
21:44 bluescreen joined #parrotsketch

| Channels | #parrotsketch index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary