Perl 6 - the future is here, just unevenly distributed

IRC log for #parrotsketch, 2013-07-16

| Channels | #parrotsketch index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
06:48 contingencyplan joined #parrotsketch
13:27 pmurias joined #parrotsketch
13:27 pmurias pre-report: http://pastie.org/8145749
13:32 bluescreen joined #parrotsketch
13:38 Coke please paste your report into the channel (we'd rather see the details logged here for posterity, as opposed to a code snippet to the main channel)
14:17 pmurias * Wrote a bunch of tests for the metamodel issues.
14:17 pmurias * Fixed double serialization which was blocking QASTNode.nqp from compiling.
14:17 pmurias * Got QASTNode.nqp to compile.
14:18 pmurias * Wrote unit tests for QAST::Node (and made them pass).
14:18 pmurias * Now working on emitting code for regexp opcodes.
14:18 pmurias Coke: is ok now?
14:23 Coke pmurias++
16:08 denis_boyun joined #parrotsketch
16:09 bluescreen joined #parrotsketch
16:21 contingencyplan joined #parrotsketch
18:51 denis_boyun joined #parrotsketch
19:02 denis_boyun # Done:
19:02 denis_boyun * Start to deploy my project on parrot.org server
19:02 denis_boyun * Update a project dependecies on repository
19:02 denis_boyun * Install all cpan modules on parrot.org server
19:02 denis_boyun # Doing:
19:15 denis_boyun I'm sorry. I can't speak now. Start a meeting without me.
19:16 denis_boyun If I have time I will join
19:24 Util Pre-report:
19:24 Util Done: Nothing ($WORK persists)
19:24 Util Doing:
19:24 Util * Releasing Parrot 5.6.0 today
19:24 Util * Plan to help with GSoC issues later this week:
19:24 Util + denis_boyun:  deploying project on parrot.org server
19:24 Util + sa1: problem with structview
19:24 Util Note: connectivity may be intermittent during meeting
19:24 Util GSoC students:
19:24 Util 1. Be sure to list any blockers in the #ps channel today, even after meeting time; they will be read.
19:24 Util 2. Remember to make your reports also to parrot-dev and parrot.org.
19:25 Util .end
19:25 sa1 * Pre-report
19:25 sa1 ** Done: unified build system.
19:25 sa1 ** Minor issues remain: replace spawned processes with io_ops
19:25 sa1 ** Helped dukeleto with reproducing my other issues.
19:25 sa1 ** Working on documentation, plan to re-attack the issue once and for all this week.
19:25 sa1 s/io_ops/parrot ops/
19:29 diakopter joined #parrotsketch
19:30 denis_boyun Util: Hi
19:30 denis_boyun sa1: Hi
19:30 Util Hello
19:30 sa1 denis_boyun: Util: Hello
19:30 Util Who else is here?
19:30 * diakopter is not here
19:31 rurban joined #parrotsketch
19:31 * Util sees no diakopter here
19:32 denis_boyun Util: I've installed my web-app and dependecies modules on parrot.org server, but who is configurating an apache web-server?
19:33 denis_boyun Util: Can you configurating an apache server for my project?
19:33 rurban OSUOSL does this
19:33 Util rurban: thanks
19:34 denis_boyun Util: ok
19:34 rurban coke needs to collect the request and ask them them to do it (if appropriate)
19:35 Coke I don't have any special contacts with OSUOSL.
19:35 Coke there's a channel on freenode, IIRC.
19:35 rurban Coke: Who is the best then?
19:35 rurban yes, freenode #osuosl
19:36 rurban but someone from the directors board should ask them (I believe)
19:36 diakopter is the directors' board going away?
19:36 Coke I don't think osuosl is picky. and board is hard to find these days, except sometimes leto, who has a lot of tasks he's juggling.
19:37 Util I see that denis_boyun asked in #osuosl about 40 minutes ago.
19:37 denis_boyun Util: yes
19:37 Coke diakopter: they are overdue for election, but there is a vote in progress to decide if the foundation is going to roll into another org and shutter the doors.
19:37 Coke (but that doesn't impact our relationship with OSUOSL, I don't think)
19:38 Util diakopter: probably converting from directors board to a Parrot advisory counsel within Perl Foundation
19:38 Util Coke: Right (no effect)
19:38 diakopter what would the council advise on
19:39 Util denis_boyun: in the meantime, you can the CPAN's HTTP::Server::Simple . Not good for actual deployment, since it only handles one client at a time, but good enough until Apache is set up.
19:41 Coke diakopter: that hasn't been discussed, to my knowledge. the main thrust as I understand is to find an org that we can pass the copyright to.
19:41 Coke but it's not like this topic is under active discussion.
19:42 * diakopter de-derails..
19:42 Util diakopter: anything Parrot-related. The first two that come to mind are 1) passing copyright to a different (permanent) org. 2) How to spend money that is donated with an "earmark" for Parrot.
19:44 Util diakopter: thanks for asking. This is an appropriate forum for the question; we just have not explored the answer enough yet.
19:44 Util sa1: Besides StructView, do you have any issues that we can help resolve, or just questions?
19:45 sa1 Util: Not any blockers.
19:46 sa1 It was a fun? week. There was not much documentatiion to go and I was figuring out things from other winxed code.
19:46 Util sa1: If anyStructView conversation you have had with dukeleto (or anyone else, for that matter) was not copied to parrot-dev, please do so, or at least send me a copy.
19:46 denis_boyun joined #parrotsketch
19:46 sa1 Util: the conversation was on irc, I have to compose an email
19:47 sa1 regarding other bugs I faced, unlink didn't seem to work for removing symbolic links to directories
19:48 Util If private, then yes, please do (with permission). If it was in #parrot, just give me a link to the irclog.perlgeek.de page(s).
19:48 Util sa1: Easy to work around, but good to know. We probably don
19:48 Util don't have a test case for that.
19:49 sa1 Util: yes, I just spawned 'rm'
19:49 sa1 Util: http://irclog.perlgeek.de/parrot/2013-07-14
19:50 denis_boyun Util: Ok, I am going to see on HTTP::Server::Simple
19:50 Util sa1: Thanks.
19:50 Util denis_boyun: Great!
19:51 denis_boyun Util: What kind of url i should use when i 've run that server?
19:52 Util denis_boyun: Any other blockers, or questions?
19:52 denis_boyun Util: no
19:52 Util denis_boyun:    http://parrot.org:9999/whatever/you/want    , where '9999' is the port number you configure in HTTP::Server::Simple
19:53 denis_boyun Util: oh ok, thanks
19:54 Util yw
19:54 Util Anyone else?
19:55 denis_boyun Util: no
19:55 sa1 no
19:56 * diakopter gets curious as to what this webapp is
19:57 Util diakopter: app-parrot-create - A web app to ease the creation of languages and libraries on top of Parrot Virtual Machine.
19:57 Util https://github.com/letolabs/app-parrot-create
20:00 Util Thank you all for participating!
20:00 Util Look for Parrot 5.6.0 "Psittacosaurus" later this evening.
20:00 Util Meeting adjourned.
20:00 rurban mojo can handle the server also
20:04 diakopter left #parrotsketch
21:14 darbelo joined #parrotsketch

| Channels | #parrotsketch index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary