Perl 6 - the future is here, just unevenly distributed

IRC log for #perl11, 2013-11-11

| Channels | #perl11 index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
05:24 rurban1 joined #perl11
05:42 Will_the_Chill joined #perl11
06:49 rurban1 joined #perl11
07:54 rurban1 joined #perl11
08:54 rurban1 joined #perl11
09:57 rurban1 joined #perl11
11:01 rurban1 joined #perl11
12:17 rurban1 joined #perl11
13:30 Will_the_Chill bulk88: feedback please?  http://rperl.org/performance_benchmarks.html
13:30 Will_the_Chill rurban: you too!
14:42 bluescreen joined #perl11
19:32 rurban joined #perl11
19:45 rurban1 joined #perl11
20:44 rurban1 joined #perl11
21:00 rurban1 joined #perl11
21:16 stevan joined #perl11
21:17 stevan_ joined #perl11
21:26 rurban1 joined #perl11
21:50 rurban1 joined #perl11
23:01 Hinrik_ joined #perl11
23:02 Hinrik_ https://gist.github.com/hinrik/d1f03f3709a93d0d62f7
23:02 Hinrik that's with latest master of the perl11/potion repo
23:02 Hinrik how can I fix it?
23:03 rurban config.h seems to be missing the JIT definition
23:03 rurban can you check config.inc vs core/config.h if the JIT looks synced?
23:05 Hinrik https://gist.github.com/hinrik/50a1a8c5d3b7976dcb27
23:06 rurban Interesting. I have to think
23:06 rurban what kind of system is this?
23:06 rurban x86 should always enable JIT
23:07 rurban you can change it by editing config.inc: JIT = 1
23:07 Hinrik debian unstable, x86-64
23:07 rurban same as mine
23:07 rurban esp. the "JIT_ = 1" looks suspicious
23:08 rurban tools/config.sh cc jit failed
23:09 Hinrik I get the error after editing it and trying again
23:09 Hinrik the same error that is
23:09 rurban manually setting JIT_X86 = 1 and JIT = 1 should fix it, I think
23:09 rurban just in config.inc
23:10 rurban or make JIT_X86=1 JIT=1 but this would conflict with core/config.h
23:11 Hinrik yeah it works after I add JIT_X86=1
23:12 Hinrik I guess something's broken that left it as JIT_ instead of JIT_X86
23:12 rurban yes, the jit detector in tools/config.sh
23:13 rurban this fails with distcc or ccache
23:13 rurban TARGET=`echo "$CCv" | sed -e "/Target:/b" -e "/--target=/b" -e d | sed "s/.* --target=//; s/Target: //; s/ .*//" | head -1`
23:15 rurban what's your cc?
23:18 rurban improved it a bit with 8853a98
23:19 Hinrik my `cc` is gcc it seems, but I had to install clang for make to work
23:19 rurban hmm, that could be the reason. it should work now with both
23:20 travis-ci joined #perl11
23:20 travis-ci [travis-ci] perl11/potion#706 (master - 8853a98 : Reini Urban): The build passed.
23:20 travis-ci [travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/perl11/potion/compare/e0be142abecb...8853a98c3dee
23:20 travis-ci [travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/perl11/potion/builds/13831914
23:20 travis-ci left #perl11
23:21 rurban anyway, have fun. have to go
23:21 Hinrik works out of the box now
23:21 mirjam joined #perl11
23:22 rurban someday I want to find out why this broke. mostly a rm config.inc (i.e. make realclean) should fix such problems

| Channels | #perl11 index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | summary